[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /tg/ So I went to my first draft last night. I've only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Stressed out.jpg (10KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
Stressed out.jpg
10KB, 320x213px
Hi /tg/

So I went to my first draft last night. I've only been playing mtg for about 2 months, but decided it was time to draft. I've been doing Thursday standards at this store for a while and they don't do standard on Fridays so yeah.

So, I bought sleeves, and paid to draft. 18$ for the draft and some 6$ sleeves. 24$. Just finish shuffling and put my deck down for opponent to cut. He reaches out and knocks a good ~600 mL CUP (as in no lid) directly into the open-sleeve section of my deck, and all over myself. Jeans, hoodie, etc. Due to the volume and angle, not a single card was saved, as the whole deck was engulfed in a very sticky and sugary fountain pop. Since they were just draft cards I chose to dive out of the way instead of trying to save them, which was probably the right move anyway, since I still got fucking soaked and therefore would have been a LOT worse, and the deck still would have been destroyed.

Anyways so the guy who does it seems to be a regular there. Also has some mental deficiency. I feel bad, i've played against him many times. I know he's a spaz but I try to be nice. It's very obvious he's challenged. Anyways, the dude didn't apologize, and as i'm sitting there facepalming, sort of like pic related, I saw him run up to get what I assume was paper towel. Nope, refilling his drink which he brought back and put right where the old one was. LoL. Can't make this shit up, seriously.

So anyways I was supposed to play this guy. And at this point i'm ready to go home. OH BY THE WAY. It was game 1 match 1. Hadn't even started. Anyways I try to get up and go tell the people who work the counters what happened. But since the fucking idiot was also the guy I was supposed to play, he kept following me. So I couldn't say to the counter people, "hey some fucking retard just ruined my fucking deck and spilled pop all over the table and myself and I don't feel like resleeving, actually to be honest they won't resleeve anyway since they're covered in pop"
>>
Damn short comments allowed.

So anyways the dude is following me around and he seems very impatient and annoyed that our game is being delayed. He is too retarded for me to tell him "I'M NOT PLAYING WITH YOU, ALSO YOU LOSE"

So anyways I end up very slowly resleeving (actually I did make him resleeve my deck), and yeah it was hilariously bad. All the cards were like wet paper towel. Everything destroyed. Some cards wouldn't come out of their original sleeves.

I ended up getting a laugh by sitting there and letting him 2-0 me by me playing only lands.

Oh by the way, the only reason I actually didn't leave, was because I brought a buddy with me, and it was his first time ever playing magic in real life. So I had to stay for him. He also pulled a cryptic command in his draft, fucking lol.

Why am I telling this story? I wan tot know how I should go about being recompensed. I requested for the store to give me free entry into next week's draft. Manager's back on Tuesday. I explained that if it was anyone else in the store, i'd settle it personally with them, but they guy who spilled on me is actually mentally deficient and has no sense of responsibility, and they say they understand.

Am I going about this the right way? I just want to get reimbursed. Make things fair...
>>
Srsly guys, i'm sure some of you have seen something like this happen or had it happen to you. How was it dealt with? I need to know... I can't shake this kid down for all he's worth, since i'm pretty sure it's not much. And he doesn't understand responsibility and stuff. But I feel like the store shouldn't let him have drinks on the table or something...
>>
>>55185837
>So I couldn't say to the counter people, "hey some fucking retard just ruined my fucking deck and spilled pop all over the table and myself and I don't feel like resleeving, actually to be honest they won't resleeve anyway since they're covered in pop"
Why can't you? Are you some sort of passive aggressive-

>I ended up getting a laugh by sitting there and letting him 2-0 me by me playing only lands.
Oh, right.

Next time, just tell the counter people what just happened and ask to be reimbursed. Let them sort it out.
>>
>>55186141

>Why can't you? Are you some sort of passive aggressive-

Well, desu my deck was pretty bad anyway. And I was already in a bad mood. I legit wanted to leave but I didn't want to bail on my buddy who was playing in his first ever in-person magic event...

>Next time, just tell the counter people what just happened and ask to be reimbursed. Let them sort it out.

Alright well yeah that's what I did. I was thinking that if it happened with anyone else normal, the spiller would take the loss, pay for the draft entry fee, and reimburse any value cards that got destroyed with cards of their own (or cash I guess). At least that's what I feel i'd do. But I also wouldn't have a fucking glass filled with pop near other people's expensive shit soo....
>>
>getting in a mood and being stroppy

Accidents happen, especially around people like that. Should have used your grey matter.
>>
>>55186526

Well what was I supposed to do? Just leave? I was covered in sticky pop and my entire deck was destroyed. I would have been in a much better mood should I have been able to vent it out a bit, but the fucking guy was following me around.
>>
>pay money
>retard ruined it
>hurr i can't say anything

don't be a pussy
make him pay you back

and if you didn't try then don't complain
>>
>>55186423
here's the issue
if a sperg enters society they are expected to conform to said society's standards
no one gets a free pass
either conform or get the fuck out
if this retard wants to be treated like a human in a good way
then he gets to be treated like one in a bad way

you not saying anything and not geting him to pay for your deck makes you just as bad as him

don't post about it like a bitch
just get your money back

fuck spergs and fuck you
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.