[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally a set with dinosaurs >ruined by proggressive left

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 20

File: en_8sisHLOl48.png (197KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_8sisHLOl48.png
197KB, 265x370px
>finally a set with dinosaurs
>ruined by proggressive left wing virtue signaling
>>
>they're feathered
>>
File: 1440229702189.jpg (309KB, 1002x691px) Image search: [Google]
1440229702189.jpg
309KB, 1002x691px
its just a girl manhandling a fruity dinosaur, the only thing you can really complain about from the leftist influence is the prude point of view of female character design and the lack of ability to tackle concepts like imperialism or colonialism without pissing people off.
>>
>>55171140
>progressive left wing virtue signaling
Where?
>>
>>55171140
Look how fucking bland and lazy this is.

No emotion, no struggle, no character...
The fucking dinosaur has more emotion.
>>
>>55171270
I dunno why they even tried to handle that in a set. They're not going to make anyone happy no matter how they handle it. Nobody's going to say that Ixalan really hit those colonialist themes out of the park. There is no conceivable version of Ixalan that will achieve that.
>>
>>55171140
>proggressive left wing virtue signaling
Because this totallynotsouthamerican person is brown or a woman?
>>55171356
Now that is a valid complaint
>>
File: file.png (170KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
170KB, 265x370px
>>55171140
it sucks its a crappy planeswalker deck card because i really like this art. it adds something to jace's character
>>
>except the interesting part is the Imperium of Vampires
I ain't even mad
>>
>>55171436
I wish it wasn't called Castaway's Despair, it's a little bit too on the nose as a name. I'd just have called it Cast Away.
>>
>>55171249
dude the fact that they're feathered made it so they can use all these wonderful colours
>>
I think I like the Planeswalker deck Jace more than I like the one in the set. It's a shame the art is so...boring.
>>
I genuinely felt a bit for Jace on Castaway's Despair.
>>
File: en_wHqxXPqICj.png (180KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_wHqxXPqICj.png
180KB, 265x370px
>The planeswalker deck art is so much better

dafuck man
>>
>>55171249
This.
>>
>>55171521
right? take away the gatewatch bullshit and actually giving your characters a struggle to face? not only that but showing that on a card? ffs i bet this wasn't even done on purpose and they just luckily managed to get it right.
>>
>>55171529
Jace without the gaywatch is a lot of fun. I hope we get to see sociopath wizard man again.
>>
>>55171480
>Cast Away
I was sure a card with that name already existed, but no.
>>
>>55171270
Speaking of which, are there any non-white vampires in this set?
>>
>>55171486
Its a mixed bag, you got some knockout pieces like the dinosaur ripping the platemail off the dead vampire, but then you get dumb shit like slapping feathers on a pterodactyls membrane wing or that random neck warmer on the anklyosaur.
>>
>>55171583
I made absolutely sure to look that up before posting. I was just as baffled as you.
>>
>>55171436
Why can't Jace grow a beard or get a tan? Is he some kind of congenital ponce?
>>
>>55171602
>slapping feathers on a pterodactyls membrane wing

Mind posting that? It sounds like it could be entertainingly retarded.
>>
>>55171529
>Untap all creatures you control

That actually sounds really helpful in a Merfolk/Pirate deck for pseudo-vigilance on everything.
>>
>>55171249
Fuck you feathered dinosaurs are great.
>>
File: file.png (170KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
170KB, 265x370px
>>55171622
we've got three sets taking place on ixalan so let's hold out and see.
>>55171587
there is indeed.
>>
>>55171587
Woah there friend.
Its racist to have any villian be non white.
Dont you know that all serial killers are white men? That means all bad guys have to be white and/or men.
>>
>>55171345
Deplorables hate the sight of anything nonwhite in their escapist manchild hobbies.
>>
>>55171480
Save that name for an actual good card.
>>
File: IMG_1273.jpg (58KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1273.jpg
58KB, 265x370px
>>55171625
>>
>>55171587
We've seen black ones too like the flash paladin
>>
>>55171249
>>55171365
The dinosaurs and the colonialism are actually facing the same problem. Of all the ways they could be handled, all of them will make a lot of people mad and none of them will make anyone happy. Having either in your game is a classic no-win situation.
>>
File: file.png (177KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
177KB, 265x370px
>>55171647
in fact it wasn't even the first one spoiled
>>
>>55171625

>>55171640
Debatable. I like a mix of both.
>>
>>55171647
2 sets.
Explorers of Ixalan is a box set release thing.
>>
>>55171689
I kind of like how they've handled the colonialism thus far actually. They made them vampires, so a lot of people will look at them and assume they're just a corrupt church. But, in the lore of the setting, they only got to being such a widespread church because they had an artifact that made vampires not have to drink blood, so it was only upsides to become one. Then it was stolen and taken to this new world, so they have an actual reason why they're sailing across the sea to it, and a valid reason as to why it wouldn't be possible for them to simply stop and go home. There were a lot of factors in real colonialism that made it unfeasible for europeans to simply stop as well, but tying it up in a magical macguffin makes it a lot easier to swallow, gives them a sympathetic reasoning, while still giving them darker angles since they are still a giant nation of vampires
>>
>>55171140
But I like tanned dinosaur knight waifu... granted, she'll likely be poorly characterized, overshadowed by Jace and ultimately overlooked from a narrative standpoint, but... fuck all the politics behind her creation. Appreciate what she is, not what they want her to be, because we both know she'll fail the representation angle just like Saheeli and Samut did.
>>
>>55171831
I dunno. Right now she just strikes me as "warrior Pochahontas"

At least her design seems pretty neat with the mix of feathers and metal armor
>>
>>55171140
>Colors in the wind, fierce one
>>
>jace is literally in every Ixalan basic

noo
>>
>>55171140
>Kaya
>Saheli
>Samut
>Huatli

All of them are the same character. A Mary Sue that helps the good guy that belongs to a non-white minority.

Get used to this. It's going to happen in EVERY block.
>>
>>55171831
Calm down, Sven.
>>
>girls in muh mtg reeeeeeeee
And here I thought labor day weekend was the end of summer.
>>
>>55171899
Kaya worked for Marchesa, and Kaya isn't even from a block, so I don't know why you even included her.
>>
>>55171864
I think I'd be okay with Warrior Pocahontas, if I'm being honest.

>>55171904
Sven? I don't follow...
>>
>>55171899
*sigh* This man speaks the truth, sadly.
>>
File: 1440230129373.jpg (111KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1440230129373.jpg
111KB, 774x1032px
I'm kinda bummed out we likely won't get any CRAZY looking gods for this set, especially considering they relegated the crazy blood religion towards the vampires. Ah well, hopefully we get some elementals with the crazy masks.

>>55171888
No he isn't, just in the ones done by that one artist.
>>
>>55171249
And that's why it's awesome. Seriously, what's with the feathered dino hate? They look majestic.
>>
>>55171936
Achtually...
>>
>>55171648
Go home /pol/
>>
>>55171899
>m-muh buzzwords

The only one that's come close to Sue territory is Saheeli, and she was deliberately downplayed due to fears of her seeming overly competent. Now fuck off.
>>
>>55171974
It's not how dinosaurs looked in their childhood watching Jurassic Park, therefore it's bad.
>>
>>55171952
If you look at the pic here >>55171614 it seems we'll be getting some fiery totem elemental based on that third pack.
>>
>>55171722
the curly mustache makes this picture.
>>
File: tlalvas2.jpg (436KB, 557x668px) Image search: [Google]
tlalvas2.jpg
436KB, 557x668px
>>55171995
Oh now that's what I'm talking about, thanks anon.
>>
>>55172030
Yeah. I hope there are a good selection for you. Not sure if they're gonna be a subset of RG creatures or if they're gonna be artifacts or something, but they seem cool looking based on that one.
>>
>>55171899
Kaya
>killed ghost king for marchesa, then poofed away. Marchsea

Saheeli
>wtf did she even do, the gatewatch/chandra did basically everything in Kaladesh

Samut
>got her child friend killed, was locked up for most of the story, couldn't stop the destruction of the gods, her people, or city.
When did any of these become mary sues
>>
>>55172055
Saheeli made some thopters, clearly that makes her a Mary Sue (whatever that even means anymore).
>>
File: birds_and_dinosaurs_2x.png (138KB, 639x1142px) Image search: [Google]
birds_and_dinosaurs_2x.png
138KB, 639x1142px
>>55171249
I agree on the triceratops and pteranadons, but therapods have nearly always had feathers, and continue to this day.
>>
>>55172055
I'm not sure. Personally, I only really dislike Samut because they drew her in a terrible way screaming all the time
>>
>>55172046
I'd wager they'll be between the colors of the merfolk and sun empire if it isn't just an artifact one-of.

>>55171899
They aren't the same person, personality wise they are at least somewhat distinct. However you are right in that they are the results of tokenism.
>>
>>55172089
I would have been fine with it if they had said it to go with the 'feathered serpent' idea, but instead they had to bring science into it while simultaneously giving something that isn't even technically a dinosaur feathers.
>>
>>55171140
>Pre-Columbian peoples having steel armor
The dickheads at WoTC read that shitty guns germs and steel book.
>>
>>55171647
>STAP
>>
>>55172123
Yeah, I remember the good old days of pre-Columbian peoples fighting vampires and mermen with their dinosaur armies.
>>
>>55171699
Not a single human native will be shown in pain or as a corpse
>>
>>55172123
I mean, they also presumably have healing magic, and none of the invading factions seem to have any guns either.

If you wanted a historically accurate depiction of colonialism, you could always read a book.
>>
>>55172055
>>55172081
mary sue means whatever a /pol/nig wants it to so they can justify their fear of fictional pussy
>>
>>55171938
Sven is a popular name in Sweden. Sweden is one of the countries suffering the most from left wing agendas. Such as immigrants overrunning it. Its typically considered a "cucked country"
>>
>>55172153
I recommend 1491. It gives a great depiction of life pre-colonialism
>>
>>55172123
they are being invaded by other more advanced civs they got it from them. And its not earth
>>
>>55172170
Well, I'm am Americunt, so...
>>
>>55171974
Because they're a token effort to please paleontologyfags, and there's no pleasing them so you shouldn't even bothrt trying. Even if you do months of research and create a speculative model of a dinosaur that accords with all the current theories, the current theories will change in three months and you'll be just as wrong as if you'd never tried.
>>
>>55171630
anon, this jace is unplayable trash. please don't delude yourself
>>
>>55171899
>planes based on non-white countries have non-whites. Some of them even have minor story signifigance.

GASP

The fiends! They've been doing this degeneracy since Rabiah! Truly the evangelical southern Baptist mothers were right, this IS the devil's card game.
>>
>>55172123
its not a 1:1 mirror of mesoamerica culture, otherwise you'd have human sacrifice and flaying, hip ball, kidnapping, etc.
>>
>>55172189
Or you could be more sensible, and realize it's mainly a nod to feathered serpents, which are a super common motif in Mesoamerican cultures.
>>
>>55172201
The actual good news is that now it won't be the one non-Gatewatch planeswalker per block, since in addition to her there's also Vraska and another Red pirate planeswalker we haven't seen yet, along with the possibility of another in the second set.

It's amazing how not being forced to cram 5 planeswalkers into each set gives you more options
>>
>>55171899
I disagree that all of them are each a Mary Sue. Kaya is just kinda edgy in the nothing personnel kinda way. Saheeli is literally worthless and her and Rashmi could have been the same person (see also Oviya Pashiri), Samut is the literal worst and contributes nothing to the story, see also Djeru, and Huatli we don't know anything about yet.

But yeah they're all the 'new planeswalker to fill the token box'. If I was Indian, Egyptian, Central American, or a gangbanger, I'd be pretty patronized, honestly.
>>
>>55171974
They're feathering ones that never had feathers, and giving them stupid macau feathets to boot is what! If you're going for paleoaccuracy actually do it!
>>
>>55172216
Except the designers for the dinosaurs of ixalan have taken every chance they can to say "yeah we put feathers on our dinos because SCIENCE".
>>
>>55172224
You're not though, and there are plenty of people out there who like to be represented in the stuff they like. You can call it tokenism, but the fact is that they do this partially because there are people out there who appreciate it and don't feel patronized at all.
>>
File: 23.jpg (28KB, 200x288px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
28KB, 200x288px
>>55171140

Why is /pol/ allowed to shit every board with their paranoia about "muuuuuh joooooos" and "muuuuh liberals?

Just go back to your cotainment board and shitpost with your friends.
>>
>>55172262
I guarantee you aren't either, so you're talking out of your ass.

>>55172271
Nobody mentioned Jews, anon.

Although did nobody notice that Hour of Devastation is a really warped version of the book of Exodus with absolutely no Jews in it?
>>
>>55171436
I don't get it. How exactly does a person with the power to travel the multiverse get trapped on an island?
>>
>>55172208
I know they'd never do it because they'd get so much shit for it, but including some of the darker shit that the Aztec in particular did would be metal as fuck.

I don't even see the pirates in Ixalan do anything particularly bad. What the hell? A people defined by violent robbery and bloodshed, and they seem to be just as blandly well-behaved as everyone else. Where's the terror? Where's the dead merfolk tied to the prow as a figurehead? Where's the laughing pirate skeletons hoisting sails sewn from their own skins? I bet these guys don't even drink.
>>
>>55172300
Losing to Bolas drove him insane. He probably doesn't even know what a planeswalker is anymore.
>>
>>55172300
There's an unidentified source of disruption on the plane preventing him from planeswalking. The red pirate's hellbent on burning down the whole plane to find it.
>>
>>55172287
No, I'm talking from experience, both from talking with people about media representation in general and Magic in particular. All it would take for you is a quick trip to Maro's blog to see people thanking Maro about these kinds of things.

You're pretty clearly speaking from a position of someone for whom this kind of representation doesn't apply, and so you immediately jump to the assumption that nobody must like this kind of representation.
>>
>>55172300
He;s forgotten how to planeswalk, which you'd probably have figured out if you'd been keeping up.
>>
>>55172300
by losing your memory and not knowing you can do so in the first place. He'll planewalk again when Ajani finds him and beats some sense into him.
>>
>>55172327
I assume that planeswalker is Angrath?
>>
>>55171899
These aren't Mary Sues, dumbass. Shallow and undeveloped characters, sure, but not Mary Sues.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't like Samut at all. But it's not because I give a shit about minority representation, it's because she's not a remotely compelling character. If these one-off characters are going to be a recurring trend, I'd prefer for them to at least be unique in a way only Magic can make them unique. Make Samut a doggo planeswalker instead. Give Kaladesh an Aetherborn planeswalker. I really don't care, as long as it's something new. Hell, just give a human planeswalker an interesting outlook, or write them as well as, say, Ob Nixilis was, and I'd be happy. But if they're not going to contribute to the overarching main plot in a believable way, and neither is their plane, then I'd rather they not fucking bother.
>>
>>55172302
We don't want to offend any pirates
>>
>>55172358
You don't score any points for representing fictional groups. That's why the crews on Star Trek have almost no aliens in them despite allegedly being set in a cosmopolitan, egalitarian federation comprised of dozens of species.
>>
>>55171140
>There's a girl character
LEFT WING TRASH
How mad were you about Akroma back in the day?
>>55171249
>Dislikes feathered dinosaurs
Fuck you. I'll fight you bitch
>>
>>55172302
they've show none instance each of arson, kidnapping and of the plank walk, but yeah its pretty damn tame.
>>
>>55172328
I've yet to have the history of the jews blackwashed, so perhaps you may be onto something there, but people thanking Maro doesn't really prove anything. Fans will be fans will be fans, and I'm tempted to just cry vocal minority.
>>
>>55172302
>Where's the dead merfolk tied to the prow as a figurehead? Where's the laughing pirate skeletons hoisting sails sewn from their own skins?

Woah there anon, it's not the year 2000 here; Magic can't get away with absolutely fucking rad shit like this anymore
>>
>>55172358
The main problem stems from how Magic stories are structured. The defense of these characters being one-note token character is that they can theoretically show up again in a "Return to _____" set. So all of these PWs are written not to develop them as characters but to establish their "brand" for possible future stories. Which leaves nearly every character in the modern era of Magic extremely underdeveloped, with the idea that the continuous story may eventually revisit them and maybe flesh them out at some uncertain point in the future.

But I don't think the solution to that is to make a character a dog person, as though that would somehow make them interesting.
>>
>>55171345
>>55171657

Not entirely sure, but Wotc have recently suffered from crappy characterisation, which may be, or may be easily mistaken for, SJW pandering. This is usually seen in characters who have no real traits other than their physical traits (e.g. "girl", "black" or "homosexual latino") and who are never 'tried' by any task - everything is easy for them because they're 'so great'. The only interaction these characters tend to have with others is that of 'validation' - no matter what they do, no matter how stupid or wrong it is, someone will be telling them; "you're great!". Most often seen in modern Marvel comics.

Is this in the current MTG setting? I don't know. Haven't read any of the fluff books and I doubt I ever will. I'm only really commenting to point out that such agendas can be written into such media and you shouldn't always assume that it's just right-wing whingers.
>>
>>55172387
>Implying a non-male character being present
Anon, I severely doubt that's the case and why people are cheesed off.
Rather, it's the very specific trend about making it a point to tick diversity boxes (MaRo has outright stated this is a priority) and just shoving in muh stronk womyn of color with no rhyme, reason or character, having them be integral to the story in the form of planeswalkers, and disproportionately making up the texture of the various worlds, as if overcompensating.
Plus they hired a diversity consultant so they could be told how shitlord-y they were being and how to do it right, which got us Kaya and subsequent shit like her.
>>
>>55172396
They're trying, my friend. They're trying.

http://realneo.us/content/original-biblical-jews-were-black-african-people
>>
File: Velociraptor.jpg (207KB, 1478x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Velociraptor.jpg
207KB, 1478x1536px
>>55172229
Seriously, like its EXCLUSIVELY coelurosaurian theropods, and about half of those had proto-feather ostrich fluff, and pigment analysis only found eumelanin and phaeomelanin, found in black and grey feathers and reddish brown to yellow feathers, respectively. Ya know, stuff to help you hide, like most birds.
Not everything has head-to-toe mating plumage.

Though some pterosaurs have pycnofibers, and ceratopsia and heterondotosauridae had filaments. So you could make them have what amounts to light fur.
>>
>>55172271
They aren't. Report instead of complaining.
>>
>>55172513
Not really. Samut is the only recently listed character who had a big role, and she was mostly shunned and rejected by her own society for disbelieving the God-Pharaoh. They could've very easily had a "I told you so!" moment with her once Bolas showed himself, but it was mostly her weeping for her lost culture and friends and viciously striking back at the false gods. She's angry and temperamental, balanced out by a highly empathetic side of her that cares deeply for her close friends. She managed to help Hazoret kill the Scorpion God once and for all, and Hazoret's approval and appreciation of her filled her with such pride and joy that her spark ignited in a moment of emotion. It's her only big accomplishment and set up very well as her finally succeeding at something important after the Trials of the Gods fell away.
>>
>>55172024
Agreed.
>>
>>55172300
He went full jack sparrow in the locker, complete with insane copies of himself, if card is anything to go by.
>>
>>55172598
>n'yeh foiled again by these troublesome dinosaurs n'yeh
>>
>>55171140
>pssst, hey dino
>it's free real estate
>>
>>55171140
>heard you was talkin shit like I wouldn't find out
>>
>>55171140
>OH JESUS WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU
>>
>>55172302
Honestly it feels pretty racist to create a setting with Mesoamerican and notfrench, then imply you've removed problematic parts of their history like the imperialism and blood sacrifice. Way to demonize another culture's traditions wizards, almost as progressive as claiming a world was inspired by India and using zero Indian aesthetics, God's, or mythology.
>>
>>55172595
Samut is an exception to what has been the norm these last few blocks in terms of good female lead characters. Chandra, Liliana and Nissa haven't really had depth since BFZ, and their only challange was fighting Nicol-- Bolas, who basically wiped the floor with them and their boy toys (a shame unto itself; a close defeat written well would have been a better climax).
>>
>>55172540
I don't understand anon, there is a group of 4channers dedicated to proving Anita Sarkeesian is a sellout with no values who posts clickbait, but this one article posted seven years ago by some literally who on a no-name blog is proof of a cultural conspiracy to steal other ethnicities' history? At least update your links, do you guys have like one big Google doc where you save all your shitpost "proof" so you don't have to do any critical thinking about how overblown your paranoia is?
>>
People like you are the reason girls don't play magic. Noone cares about your white pride you snowflake cuck boi.
>>
to bang the qt wizard slut in the party
>>
File: 1441389010129.jpg (176KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1441389010129.jpg
176KB, 720x960px
>>55172858
I don't think you're in the right thread, but I commend you for your characters desires, anon.

Have a wizard slut.
>>
>>55172880
whoops your right
>>
>>55172880
Isn't that a witch slut?
>>
>>55172834
If they don't look like >>55172880 , I'm not particularly concerned about their lack of interest in magic.
>>
>>55172834
>People like you are the reason girls don't play magic.
>yet for some reason wizards keeps pushing the fag, nigger, and women characters on the game

wow its almost like most people dont want fags, niggers, or women in magic or something
>>
File: pygmy8.jpg (20KB, 312x452px) Image search: [Google]
pygmy8.jpg
20KB, 312x452px
>>55172271
Politics affect every sphere of human endeavor. Sheltered little twinks like you expecting some kind of hermetic seal between boards are the ones who need to shut the fuck up and get over it.
Do you also shit your pants whenever someone briefly mentions anime? Or food?Or sports? Are you going to tell the dinosaur nerds in this thread to stay in /sci/?
Grow up and get some thicker skin. Have a racist warhammer pygmy .
>>
>>55172933
Is she turning someone into a toad or slaving over a cauldron?

>>55172942
How is that helpful?
>>
>>55172300
Ixalan has bermuda triangle tier magic that trap walkers somehow.

Hautli sparked as has basically been planeswalk edging for years, Angrath is trapped and burning shit out of spite Jace is literally a planar castaway.

If the blind eternities are like an ocean Ixalan is a desert island.
>>
>>55172354

Yup.
>>
>>55172975
its not supposed to be helpful. magic was a game played by white late teens to middle aged men for its entire existence until fags, niggers, and women decided to infest it with faggoty like 4 years ago. magic does not need undesirables in its player base
>>
>>55172981
wait

Where did this info come from?
>>
>>55172999
Flavor text and the podcast.

Vorthosjay has a good summary

https://vorthosjay.tumblr.com/post/164865782981/ixalan-hype-week-day-5

There is speculation that the Immortal Sun is causing the Planar Lock, both /tg/ and others have postulated its a dragon egg or something like that, but thats just a theory.
>>
>>55172968
As soon as Gay porn shits up every single thread on /pol/ with shitposting without fail, that might be a reasonable argument.

Boards exist for a reason, and not wanting to listen to you rant about niggers is not having thin skin
>>
>>55172123
They've stated they want the story to be about competition between roughly-equal factions for the same goal, so they gave the Aztec analogues metalworking on par with their opponents.
>>
>>55171140

MODS, DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS AND MODERATE THE MTG THREADS ALREADY
>>
>>55173090
This has been happening for years, it's not gonna stop. Mods don't give a shit if /pol/ constantly makes mtg threads about anger over brown women.
>>
>>55173062
seems pointless considering they have natural dominion over the dinosaurs and that on its own could have been an equalizer.
>>
>>55172975
She's got the hat and the tiddies
>>
>>55171356
They probably told the artist it was for the shitty precon deck exclusive cards and thus they could just call it in.
>>
>>55171579
Again? When was he ever a sociopath?
He's always been turbonerd.
>>
>>55173254
A lot of early flavor text was attributed to jace that made him seem much more like an edgelord.
>>
>>55173105
/co/ is the same way. I assume its like that for /v/.

I've been here for going on 6 years and seeing the invasion real time was like death of a thousand cuts.

I applied for janitor so many times to deal with this shit but never got in.

I love these communities for the open apreciation and love of art we all enjoy, but these assholes have been ruining it with their culture war bullshit.

Theirs no escape.
>>
>>55171630
Yes i'm sure that 6 mana mass vigilance is very helpful for an aggro deck. Too bad it doesn't mill, you know to diversify threats.
>>
>>55173298
Take the fight to them. At the next rally near your town, come bearing righteous arms and strike them down.
>>
>>55173271
Which we now know was written by people who didn't actually know what Jace's character was like, and just put it on stuff like Counterspell because of the tradition started by Ertai.
>>
>>55172746
If they accurately portrayed an Indian-inspired caste system they'd get SO MUCH SHIT.
>>
>>55173105
Get fucked.
You're just a contributer to white genocide
>>
>>55173549
If only you had a place to cry about it that isn't here.
>>
>>55172302
The pirates are mostly black and a lot are female, so depicting them as doing bad things has the exact same problem as depicting the natives doing bad things. By homogenizing them as a racial group, they've removed the option of making them anything worse than neutral.
>>
File: sordes-restoration-1024x674.jpg (56KB, 1024x674px) Image search: [Google]
sordes-restoration-1024x674.jpg
56KB, 1024x674px
>>55171722
>pennaceous feathers
Fucking disgusting, pterosaurs should obviously have fur coats made out of pycnofibers.
>>
>>55173565
Except most of the pirate cards are white? And are very clearly doing very piratey things in cards, like marauding and looting? And the native equivalents may have done some shady shit involving the Immortal Sun to get into power over the merfolk?
>>
>>55173606
Everyone knows the only way to control the sun is with daily blood sacrifice. Someone must still be doing that shit or else the sun wouldn't come up each morning.
>>
>>55173271
You are the first person I've seen who likes Flavor Text Jace (not to be confused with Jace Beleren, who has been a turbonerd in every appearance he's been in since they started writing stories with neowalkers in them back around Alara)
>>
>>55171587
There better not be. Blackula was the worst art in SOI.
>>
>>55171140
At least brown girls are cute unlike negro transmen pretending to be women and egyptian.
>>
>>55173298
>people don't want to see black people and lefty politics everywhere in settings where they don't belong
>this must surely be the invasion of an outside force, not people who were on /tg/ to begin with
Maybe people just have that opinion? Has it ever occurred to you that people who enjoy playing traditional games might be on a different political spectrum than you?
>>
>>55171831
At least she has a reason to be there because you can't planeswalk out of Ixalan. Samut is the worst character ever written in all aspects.
>>
>>55173778
I don't remember what Blackula was actually on. Was it some obscure promo of Markov Dreadknight?
>>
>>55173804
That would be more believable if it weren't for the constant deluge of said commentary on multiple boards.
>>
>>55173886
Maybe the comments are increasing because there's far more to complain about
>>
>>55171899
Kaya killed Brago for MONEY, she's a bitch.
Saheli was so self-important she didn't do shit other than whine at Rashimi for creating something "she didn't understand".
And Huatli might actually be as much of a villain as Vraska. The Sun Empire are expansionist thugs and Jace is with the merfolk.

Only Samut was shit.
>>
>>55173902
It's a plane with Pirates. Those things that historically, were probably one of the few places you could see women and blacks wielding weaponry and fighting in non-zero numbers.

This is the absolute weakest plane of the recent ones to try and complain about it, and yet people are still posting threads whining about how out of the maybe 10 pirate cards we've seen, there's one black lady.
>>
>>55172123
Inca had metal armor, and aztecs didn't use metal for their stuff because obsidian weapons were easier to mass produce. They had gold and bronce jewelry and toys.
>>
>>55173341
Violence is counter intuitive for social change unless done in large numbers and overwhelmingly so.

Compare the Troubles to 9/11.
>>
>>55173926
And I'm still not certain how the constant injection of 'POO IN LOO' and 'WE WUZ KANGZ' added to the conversation in any form in the prior spoiler seasons.
>>
>>55173926
I'm not going to argue about this set because I don't have many problems with it, I just wanted to mention that not everything is some boogeyman /pol/ invasion
>>
>>55173991
Right. Sometimes it's just one-off, well thought out comments about something particular with lore and story direction.

Most of the time though, it's blatant shitposting about

>>55171140
>hurr, why do womyn exist?

As though the existance of a girl riding a dinosaur ruins the entire set, in spite of the fact that literally every set before this has had women in it.
>>
>>55172821
Maybe next time you want to defend leftist shit use an example that isn't considered a con-artist by normies and kickstarter.
>>
>>55173059
>As soon as Gay porn shits up every single thread on /pol/ with shitposting without fail
It does, at least twice a month.
>>
>>55173298
Nigga, /pol/ is 4chan. The board wasn't created because moot didn't want them to exist, it was created because we needed a place to shove all the barely in-topic politics.
If you need a leftard chan, go to eich.
>>
>>55173902
Leftards refuse to believe they're the status quo because it breaks their underdog fantasies.
>>
>>55173926
Three of the most well known pirate women flashed their tits everywhere but we can't get even a bit of cleavage because it'd make the hamplanets WotC is trying to goad feel vindicated.
They just manage to find ways to make things shittier and more sterile than they could be. If Jeremy Jarvis was still the art director instead fo SJW non-artist Dawn Murin and the PR committee, this set would be heavy metal as fuck and attract much more people just by being different from the innofensive crap that surrounds it.
>>
File: bishop-chan.jpg (76KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bishop-chan.jpg
76KB, 1024x768px
>>55173791
>At least brown girls are cute
Not cuter than the vampires.
>>
>>55174161
>These pirates aren't sexy enough

So make a thread about that instead of posting threads that phrase it like its the existence of women that's the problem, rather than them not being fappable enough.

I don't know about you, but Vraska gets me as hard as a rock
>>
>>55171980
>satire is /pol now
leftists and women really can't into humor
>>
>>55174282
>Implying there's only one person upset about the current state of magic flavor and art direction
I'm not OP and 62 posters with just three SJW shills doesn't really support your worldview.
>>
>>55172256
fuck yeah. SCIENCE is so cool
>mfw we will never see a dinosaur based on the feathered serpent because feathers are SCIENCE now
>>
>>55174348
SJWs don't know happiness, that's why they work so hard to destroy everyone else's.
>>
>>55174360
And three /pol/ shitposters don't really support yours

We still don't need the same exact bait thread complaining about things that are aside from actual complaints day after day.
>>
>>55172834
so? why would anyone want them to?
>>
>>55174401
>Whole thread complaining about varios different aspects fo the set
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it's only three /pol/ posters
Nigga pls.
>>
>>55174255
>pointed ears
Are there elves in the vampire homeland?
>>
>>55174473
Why do you stop being an elf when you become a vampire?
>>
>>55174473
could just be a unique vampire thing native to the plane, like elves having horns in lorwyn.
>>
>>55171436
Wow, you mean facing a hardship he doesn't immediately beat could lead to character growth?

I'm not holding my breath for the Jacetice League to get better written.
>>
>>55174255
This is like the only cute girl in the set, the only reason Huatli probably even gets to be cute is just because of her getting other artists to work on her.
>>
>>55173982
>>55173341
The most exploitable weakness in deplorables is that they overestimate individual forces and underestimate systemic ones. It's inefficient to victimize them personally and generally just makes them mad. If you victimize them from a distance with forces more subtle than can be imagined with a fourth-grade education, they will die in much more significant numbers and not even get mad about it.
>>
>>55175382
That is a really subtle bait there, I really like you you mask which side you're actually on.
>>
>>55172089
>but therapods have nearly always had feathers
You mean the small/medium ones? Trex and most likely all of it's relatives weren't.
https://phys.org/news/2017-06-rex-feathery.html
>>
File: steve prescot dinosaurs.jpg (672KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
steve prescot dinosaurs.jpg
672KB, 2448x3264px
>>55171249
hey hey, why have this...
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.