[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no idea what I'm doing. I improv'ed my psuedo-post-apocalyptic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: Magritte_TheSonOfMan[1].jpg (76KB, 266x374px) Image search: [Google]
Magritte_TheSonOfMan[1].jpg
76KB, 266x374px
I have no idea what I'm doing.

I improv'ed my psuedo-post-apocalyptic Desert campaign into a corner. I keep on making up new weird things and not connecting them to each other in beleivable ways. The following things are now true in my game world because I improv'ed them:

>Adventure was kicked off by a dying man crawling into town with a bag of treasure and a map to some mysterious ruins in the south -- he was poisoned by something terrible that giving water to him made worse. Before he died he said that if "they" escape the world is doomed.

>Night doesn't come anymore in the last 5 years -- just a long red twilight.

>The Rat People are somehow ruled by Werejackals, which disappeared 5 years ago when the moon stopped appearing in the sky.

>The Rat People started worshipping a centipede idol which was given to them by a "Shadow Man" -- when a PC stole the idol, centipedes started to rain down from the ceiling.

>The Church of the Parched Throat is somehow in league with the Slaver's Guild.

>The wizard tower to the east somehow processes slaves by removing their minds.

>The Crimson Army to the West is enroaching on the Oasis city of Mere (current party location).

I have no central conflict, except the PCs now want to stop slavery in Mere because it's bad. WTF do I do? How do I start connecting the dots?
>>
What about the centipede god excreting some sort of poison that is destroying the world? That's why the rotation of the sun and moon is all fucked up.
>>
File: zoroastrian faravahar.jpg (112KB, 800x548px) Image search: [Google]
zoroastrian faravahar.jpg
112KB, 800x548px
>>55170664

The shadow man is a warlock of the things in the ruins to the south, whose blood is dust and whose sign is the coiled centipede, paving their way. The Church of the Parched Throat works for them. The wizards in the eastern tower don't know they're working for the Dust-blooded ones.

The Church gave the Slaver's Guild some scrolls describing mind-removal spells, which they then gave to the wizards and set up a lucrative slave-brainwashing deal. One of the wizards has analyzed the magic more closely, and she has realized that there's a hidden command implanted in the brainwashing. When there are enough brainwashed slaves, the High Priestess of the Church will activated them all and use them to take over the city. Then the mass sacrifices to awaken to dry ones will begin.

The Crimson Army are fanatical and dangerous, but they're actually on the right side of this. They're following a prophecy about the "sunset days when the sky is red, and men bathed in crimson must stand against the lords of desolation." They're coming to try to stop the dust-things from escaping, by killing everyone who might be a cultist trying to free them.

Good luck!
>>
>>55171463
You're awesome. I love the blood is dust thing. Thank you, I see a red light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>55171512

Oh, and the were-jackals are part of an ancient moon-cult charged with keeping the desolation sealed. Lots of symbolism about the cool of the night and the dew granting respite from the burning day. Always fun a fun switch-up when darkness gets to be good (protective, sheltering, merciful,) while light and heat are destructive and dangerous.

Anyway, find the were-jackals, learn the moon-secrets by going through a death-and-rebirth ritual (maybe read up on the Orphic mystery cults, they had actual pass-through-a-dungeon rituals!) and learn how to prevent the coming desert age.

Your campaign sounds fun, I hope you have a great time!
>>
File: 1489283754382.jpg (211KB, 794x1219px) Image search: [Google]
1489283754382.jpg
211KB, 794x1219px
>>55171561
Thanks Anon, you picked up on my poorly conveyed symbolism. Precisely where I was feeling things should go.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.