[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I remember a thread back that speculates how it'd be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Earth Government logo.jpg (29KB, 430x320px) Image search: [Google]
Earth Government logo.jpg
29KB, 430x320px
So I remember a thread back that speculates how it'd be like if the Imperium of Man discovered Earth, as in OUR Earth. And surprisingly there were many people including alot of 40K nerds who admit that the Imperium would utterly fail to conquer or even destroy our Earth.

All because we the people of this Earth have much better technology, better sciences, better logical reasoning, positive emotions, postive attitutdes, and the very though of Hope, hope for a brighter and better day and future. And also comapred to the people of the Imperium in 40K, we the people of Earth are not grimdark/grimderp 90's-era stupid, and again unlike alot of people in 40K who're always pessimistically stupid. We have the power of postive thinking, optimism and hope.

And I guess I'd dare say that our very idea and concept of hope and positive and logical thinking and commons sense in general, would prevent us from falling into the dumb influences of Chaos/ Therefore we would not degrade into some dark and edgy work of fiction that practically came from the 90's. (Or mid to late 80's)

So shall we have a thread for how we the people of this Earth are much better and frankly superior to the 40K Imperium? And basically post and talk about how alot of 1st world and western military powers would pretty much beat space marines in the battlefield.

And also how our logical and postive thinking and hope trumps whatever chaos influence urges us to do dumb things.
>>
>>55170330
Thats fucking retarded and you should feel bad about being this retarded
>>
The imperium can throw more bodies than the entirety of earths current population without so much as breaking a sweat or complaining about the inhumanity of it.

To quote Stalin "quantity is a quality all of its own"
>>
File: 1500515576859.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1500515576859.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>55170330
>>
>>55170330
Literally bombed from space.
>>
>>55170376
>>55170381
>>55170393

Just really thought I could possibly start a thread to engage some form intelligent disscussion really. Then again this is 4chan, and in the end I'll just leave the fate of this thread on how y'all would bring this.
>>
>>55170406
Unintelligent premises don't get intelligent discussion.
>>
File: IMG_0471.jpg (54KB, 578x578px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0471.jpg
54KB, 578x578px
>>55170330
>an interstellar empire that can destroy planets and face inhumanly dangerous Xenia and superhumans can't beat a shithole that learnt to split the atom less than a hundred years okay
>>
>>55170406
A noble goal, truly.
>>
>>55170406
A noble goal but you really bought it on yourself with the stupidity of thinking modern earth could defeat even a small interstellar empire in the 40k setting
>>
Of course Earth would beat any faction of 40k, after all It's only in our imaginations.
>>
>>55170330
Just because we're a bit better at book learnin doesn't make us better equipped
>>
File: far beyond the stars 5.jpg (110KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
far beyond the stars 5.jpg
110KB, 694x530px
But ... it's ... REAL!
>>
>>55170330
> I guess I'd dare say that our very idea and concept of hope and positive and logical thinking and commons sense in general, would prevent us from falling

The whole fecking point of 40k (besides satire and dark comedy) is a deconstruction of this.

If you're a Guardian reader who desperately feels the urge to rub one out to some soft scifi, I suggest Iain M Bank's famous Culture series.
>>
This is stupid.
Apart from the sheer quantity of soldiers that would overrun us, the Imperium could just make use of orbital bombardments until we capitulate.

Yes of course, we could target their ships with ICBMs, but come on.
>>
>>55170426

Why not? It took Chaos, a force with a literally infinite army of demons, 10,000 years and a bunch of plot macguffians to get rid of a planet that was to feet from their from door.

40k factions are really bad at war, is what I am saying.
>>
>>55176785
>40k factions are really bad at war, is what I am saying.
It doesn't matter when they can fuck us from orbit, is what we're saying
>>
>>55170330
I mean sure, on a small scale I bet a 50-strong army of modern soldiers could beat a 50-strong army of guardsmen with relative ease.

BUT realistically the guardsmen would greatly outnumber us, and would have near-infinite reinforcements as long as they control orbit. Meanwhile we'd be forced to fight defensive battles on their terms, and any collateral damage would hurt our war effort.

And that's assuming they don't just decide to orbitally bombard us.
>>
>>55170330
That's dumb.
I liked the idea that we were a planet of blanks better.
>>
>>55178917
Shit man. Wasn't that thread like a year ago? I remember posting that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.