[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How large an influence would you say Michael Moorcock has had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: CORUM1.jpg (389KB, 817x1208px) Image search: [Google]
CORUM1.jpg
389KB, 817x1208px
How large an influence would you say Michael Moorcock has had on fantasy tabletop games - specifically outside Warhammer?

Was he only influential in Britain, or did Americans take note?
>>
>>55166128
You could more or less posit that he's responsible for the Alignment System in Dungeons and Dragons, and all the endless debates that came with it. But in regards to direct themes and references, I'd say he's only minorly influential outside of Britain. Inside Britain, though, he's the living god of sword and sorcery, or at least that's how he's introduced in all those special editions of Elric.
>>
>>55166193
>You could more or less posit that he's responsible for the Alignment System in Dungeons and Dragons, and all the endless debates that came with it.
Which is funny, since most of his protagonists defy the alignment system altogether.
>>
>>55166193
Alignment system was actually due to Poul Anderson's books, and to a lesser extend Gordon R. Dickson.
>>
>>55166840
To be fair, Michael Moorcock was hugely influenced by Poul Anderson.
>>
>>55166128
I didn't read his books but I believe I would hate them from what I heard from you guys.
>>
>>55166995
Why?
>>
Warcraft was influenced by Moorcock and GRRM, as it became poppular it influenced TRPG. There are mostly undirect influences, because Blizzard did not steal everything just some stuff, you can't really have Moorcock in TRPG, for you would need one special charachter and the rest to be his lackeys, people don't like that.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.