[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you DM a campaign in the Slayers universe? Since it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Slayers.png (577KB, 400x561px) Image search: [Google]
Slayers.png
577KB, 400x561px
Would you DM a campaign in the Slayers universe? Since it's a parody of the hobby, it should be great for tabletop.
>>
I'm like 90% it's actually the hobby in animu form, not a parody.
>>
In the actual setting? Not really. Getting the magic right would require using some stupid shit and the setting doesn't have that much to offer. To steal some general premises? That isn't a bad idea. I already ripped off the help a necromancer get over their phobia of dead bodies bit in one of my games.
>>
>>55154683
D&D4e with sparse encounters, more roleplaying, and "Bullshit something effective and funny" as an encounter power.
>>
>>55154683
Somewhere I have the splat they made for this for 3e.

I feel it might work as a one off, but the splat is so unbalanced that it'd probably drive most players away from it in a hurry. Think the splat was made for before season 3, so the world was still fairly closed off. Was neat as a fan item though.
>>
>>55154683
I really need to get around to watching Slayers Revolution.
>>
>>55155003
You should, it's fun.
>>
>>55155003
>Make one season
>Call it two seasons
Fucking Japan
>>
>>55154683
Never heard of it.
>>
>>55154683
Yeah; but I'm a bit burnt out on DMing.
>>
>>55155138
Slayers originally started as a series of Replays in Dragon Magazine Japan for Sword World; one of the players in that campaign then wrote Slayers based on characters and the world of that campaign.

It is often joked that Record of Lodoss War is what most DM's would like their campaigns to be. Slayers is what happens when you have a bunch of minmaxing power gamers that don't tend to think through their actions.
>>
>>55155566
>"Lodoss War has been described as being the campaign the DM planned, whereas Slayers has been described as the campaign the players ended up playing."
Slayers ended being the better and more fun option
>>
I did by using the 3rd edition supplement. It wad fun and I prefer the magic system that they use over D&D
>>
>>55154683
Games naturally become Slayers, even if you don't want them to. It helps to have some absurdly OP PCs though.
>>
File: Gokudo-Episode-1-English-Dubbed.jpg (26KB, 360x323px) Image search: [Google]
Gokudo-Episode-1-English-Dubbed.jpg
26KB, 360x323px
>>55155900

Quite frankly, I prefer Gokudo
>>
>>55157370
>le gender bender story masquerading as a fantasy adventure
>>
File: MBA_Naga.jpg (16KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
MBA_Naga.jpg
16KB, 300x400px
Every character I've ever played can be boiled down to:

Naga the Serpent
Kiyone from Tenchi Universe
or Peridot. Though frankly I was playing her 10 years before she existed.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.