[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Um question to any prolific Lovecraft readers out there on /tg/:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Um question to any prolific Lovecraft readers out there on /tg/:

But is there any works that expand on the Yaddithians? I know they were introduced in "Through the Gates of the Silver Key" and from that we know they were snouted and clawed beings with a hard carapace rather than a hide or skin. Also I can deduce that their mystics hold a prominent place in their society. I also know that their original homeworld was destroyed by the sandworm's space-faring cousins.

are there any other works that also expand on these people? or was "Through the Gates of the Silver Key" their one and only appearance?

also Mi-Go, anywhere else they are expanded upon? also name-drops don't count
>>
>inb4 somebody sends him to /lit/
/lit/ is even less about books than /v/ is about video games. You can't talk about Lovecraft there
>>
>>55154372
Real love craft is just name drops and thats the point. Knowing more isnt.
>>
>>55154540
>Knowing more isnt.
Then again, sometimes the context informs the reader a little more about that thing. Namely that they either posses whatever trait the dialog was referencing or that trait is decidedly absent. So unless they name-dropped the name to cite them as an example of something we already know about it we inadvertently learn something about them.

An example I can think of is the creature Dagon, in the short story "Dagon" we learn very little, we know he's a fish-creature living at the bottom of the sea. That's about it, but because he get's name-dropped in "Shadow Over Innsmouth" as the prominent Deity of the Deep Ones we learn a bit more, namely we learn of his sinister nature and hatred of humans by the fact that his followers seek to conquer the surface and enslave/eradicate humanity.
>>
>>55154847
The whole point of comic horror is that the human mind cannot possibly understand the context.
>>
>>55155863
what do you want me to do about it? Hit myself in the head until I'm too concussed to make observations? Look every time one of these things gets referenced it's going to be slightly more defined in it's nature. that's how it works, get over it.
>>
>>55154490
Honestly yeah, and since most substantial (or at least, best organized) lore comes from Call of Cthulhu, this is the best place to ask.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.