[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was going to run Shadowrun for my group, but they decided to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: dwarffortressalignments.png (39KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dwarffortressalignments.png
39KB, 800x600px
I was going to run Shadowrun for my group, but they decided to chicken out and go back to Pathfinder (kill me now).

So, I'm going to have fun with this. How would one replicate the feel of Dwarf Fortress in Pathfinder? I'm not saying mechanics (that would just be Kingmaker on a smaller scale), but the kind of weirdness that happens with forgotten beasts and such. Kind of a primeval "Age of Legends" thing.
>>
lots of long, strange random tables to roll on.
fuck, why not even have a table for not!forgotten beasts aswell, and roll three times on it for a unique mishmash.

i think the key to capturing it is to make it feel -almost- real, but with some sort of "dissonance" to the world, along with an almost whimsical feeling

if you can get your players to rise their eyebrows at everything in slight confusion, yet have them go along with it, then i would probably say that you've succeeded
>>
>>55148048

What kind of tables would be necessary? Maybe a forgotten beast generator, a colossus generator, wereanimals, night creatures, demons. What else?
>>
>>55147817
>How would one replicate the feel of Dwarf Fortress in Pathfinder?
If you're going to be true to DF, you'll need to kill a lot of PCs.
>>
>>55149402
That's a given.

Anyway, for FBs, maybe a d100 table of animals, then a d100 Rogue-Trader style mutations table?
>>
>>55147817
you can always tell them that you are not going to run Pathfinder. If they want to run it, have someone else do it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.