[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to run a game using pic related, whats some good /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Fourth_Edition_Core_Book.jpg (142KB, 721x935px) Image search: [Google]
Fourth_Edition_Core_Book.jpg
142KB, 721x935px
I want to run a game using pic related, whats some good /tg/ approved reading to get some inspiration?
>>
File: Oriental_Adventures_coverthumb.jpg (22KB, 200x259px) Image search: [Google]
Oriental_Adventures_coverthumb.jpg
22KB, 200x259px
>>55147401
The 3.0 oriental adventure book which was based on Five Rings. One of the best source books I've read from that era and has my favorite version of a Samurai class I've come across.
>>
The nearly 30 years of L5R fiction and books should do the trick.
>>
>>55147401
>Seven Samurai
>Zatoichi (?)
>House of flying daggers
>Game Of Thrones
>>
>>55147824
>Young Wolf And Cub
>Yojimbo
>>
The movies Hero and Fearless would be a good place to start imo
>>
>>55147824
As funny as it sounds even the spaghetti westerns are worth looking at as they were all based off Samurai stories.

A good Anime would be Rouroni Kenshin, a good movie would a long with other suggested is Azumi.

Play some Total War Shogun 2 and you
ll be set.
>>
>>55147401
Actual book of five rings, so you can feel superiority.
About as great for quoting as Art of War and drops red pills about war, martial arts and samurai.

If Nip comics are you thing, you might consider Shigurui, but it's ridiculously grimdark, brutal and violent in many ways shows Samurai as hypocritical assholes.
>>
File: Best Samurai Waifu.jpg (49KB, 580x742px) Image search: [Google]
Best Samurai Waifu.jpg
49KB, 580x742px
>>55147401
>Usagi Yojimbo
Best girl continues to be best.
>>
Watch Seven Samurai.
>>
>>55147401

Rurouni Kenshin is my jam.

Though I guess if you don't want to play a game about a morally burdened former soldier trying to overcome his past and guild while protecting those around him without falling back into the murderous habits he once possessed you could just run a Ninja Scroll campaign to keep your pack of murder hobos entertained
>>
File: usagi 43.jpg (341KB, 1024x1607px) Image search: [Google]
usagi 43.jpg
341KB, 1024x1607px
>>55148930

That's not Chizu
>>
>>55147401
Sword of the Stranger, and the other stuff mentioned >>55147824
>>55147855 is good viewing. Hell, even Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is decent, for all that it almost entirely lacks any of the requisite politics that L5R swims in.

Good *reading* is a little harder to find, you'd probably be best to read the fluff sections of actual L5R books, or the wiki.
>>
>>55147401
There's a ton of inspirational material. Here's a list of what I've used:

Samurai Movies:
Seven Samurai
47 Ronin
Yojimbo
Sanjuro
Rashomon
Hanzo the Razor
Kagemusha
Throne of Blood
The Hidden Fortress
Ran
Lone Wolf and Cub
Lady Snowblood
Onibaba
Zatoichi
Ichi
13 Assassins
Kaidan
Sword of Desperation
Izo
Aragami
Azumi
The Last Samurai
Imprint

Wuxia/Chinese Movies:
House of the Flying Daggers
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Hero
The Forbidden Kingdom
Red Cliff
The Storm Warriors
Seven Swords
The Five Deadly Venoms
A Chinese Ghost Story

Anime/OAV:
Rurouni Kenshin
Sword of the Stranger
Ninja Scroll
Blade of the Immortal
Shigurui

Books:
Musashi
Shogun
Book of the 5 Rings
Hagakure
Martial Arts (by Michel Random)
Ninja: The Invisible Assassins
Japanese Folktales (from different authors)

Comics:
Kogaratsu
Okko
Usagi Yojimbo (I'm ashamed to put this one)

Manga:
Lone Wolf and Cub
Samurai Executioner
Rurouni Kenshin
Basilik
Yagyuu Hijouken Samon
Shigurui

Video Games:
Shogun Total War
Sword of the Samurai
Kengo
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
Samurai Showdown
Samurai Warriors
Onimusha
Way of the Samurai
>>
Did they delete all those stories? They had hundreds of stories to read from the website from various events and contests. Plus hundreds of stories from each expansion in each clan pack if I recall and then books, especially the earlier "Way of..." series were full of stories.

If you want to read about L5R there is a massive amount of actual L5R material to read.
>>
>>55153761
Pretty good taste right there.
>>
>>55153761
Why ashamed of Usagi Yojimbo? That comic is awesome.
>>
>>55153761
Thanks for that, Anon.
>>
File: 1479327852776.png (50KB, 293x270px) Image search: [Google]
1479327852776.png
50KB, 293x270px
>>55153761
>Way of the Samurai
>>
>>55150067
>>55153761
>>55147824
>>55147855
OP here

Thanks anons, anything from movies to vidya to books is a big help. I dont have much experience with actual japanese media outside anime, and I want to do this right.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.