[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well its confirmed we are shit out of Luck when it comes to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: sg.png (25KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
sg.png
25KB, 225x225px
well its confirmed we are shit out of Luck when it comes to getting Our kickstarter Things.... http://www.spartangames.co.uk/spartan-games-update
>>
>>55139784
Thinking about Spartan's track record of releasing and then immediately abandoning game after game and ruleset after ruleset, this really can't come as much of a shock, can it?
>>
I just hope I manage to grab some Armada minis going cheap. I still enjoy the game, so if I can get enough together to have two viable fleets relatively cheaply, it'll basically just be a boxed game I can pull out whenever I'm in the mood for some light space combat.
>>
>2017
>STILL trusting kikesharter
>>
>>55142352
I've backed 20+ projects on there and every one has either completed or are clearly well on the way to being completed. You just have to be sensible about what you choose to back
>>
>>55139784
Shitty form not to deliver to KS backers out of personal funds and space. Presumably the directors accrued some benefit from their time associated with the latest KS?
>>
So hang on, this shit has been produced and is sitting in a warehouse, so what's actually happening to it?
>>
>>55142786
Neil is grinding them up and snorting resin powder.
>>
>>55142352
>>55142448
Same, I've backed tons of stuff and gotten all of it so far (only major product that I haven't gotten is the BattleTech vidya but that's just not done yet). Everything else came through eventually. Just gotta be clever about what you buy.
>>
>>55142352

Blindly mistrusting it is just as dumb as blindly trusting it.

Kickstarter is a service like any other, with upsides, downsides and a heavy dose of caveat emptor.

I've been burned on a few Kickstarters, but because of those I've learned to recognize projects I can trust, and because of that I've gotten a lot of really great games, often early, for less and with extra content on top. It's just a matter of staying alert and following up on project creators to check their reputation and exactly how much work they've really put into it up to this point. The more they're invested in it, the more likely it is not to be a complete failure.
>>
>>55142786
Company went down, banks are hunting for their money and their lawyers are busy selling everything that isn't bolted down to get said money.

That the miniatures were paid for by costumers doesn't matter now. If said costumers wanted to get value for their money, they should have been bankers instead of modern-day peasantry.
>>
>>55142786
judging by the email, it will be sold off in a fire sale. Or sold to bankers or whatever. Too bad that people already paid for it -- or I guess they didn't. They backed the project on Kickstarter and those goods were merely gifts for backing the project, right?
>>
>>55139784
It's OK, Spartan saved you a few steps in your slow road to abandonment.
>>
>>55145686
Maybe if people had always kept in mind that Kickstarter's always been a PBS pledge drive at heart, we wouldn't be so goddamned shocked when this happens.
But no, you morons have to use it as a preorder service, so you just roll your eyes at the 'risks' down at the bottom. Fat lot of good it's doing you now, huh?
>>
>>55142786
creditors and such take precedence over normal consumers when it comes to debt and insolvency.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.