[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Miniature wargaming was invented at the beginning of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

>Miniature wargaming was invented at the beginning of the 19th century in Prussia.

Let's assume that some of these venerable originators are brought to the present.

What would impress our distant forebearers the most about contemporary miniature wargaming?

Which innovations catch their eyes? Does anything cast them into flights of delirium?

Does anything alarm them or greatly offend them?
>>
>>55135566
They'd be horrified to learn that we were embroiled in multiple wars against horrible green monsters, Egyptian robots, and insect/dinosaur things. After all, for them all wargaming was recreation.
>>
File: GG-skulls.jpg (166KB, 2000x1482px) Image search: [Google]
GG-skulls.jpg
166KB, 2000x1482px
>>55135566
>What would impress our distant forebearers the most about contemporary miniature wargaming?

The level of detail on some of our figures would no doubt register.
>>
>>55135566
Well Kriegsspiel was developed for training and simulation, assuming their searching for the same thing they'd be a little put out by the most popular games I'd imagine.
>>
>>55135972
But I bet that they would love to get some boxes of Napoleonic warfare miniatures to play Kriegsspiel.
>>
>>55135566
>What would impress our distant forebearers the most about contemporary miniature wargaming?
The quality of the miniatures, the material many are made from.

>Which innovations catch their eyes? Does anything cast them into flights of delirium?
The fact that we can go to a magic box of wires and summon them from a factory hundreds or thousands of miles away.

>Does anything alarm them or greatly offend them?
Everything else, likely.
>>
>>55135566
>Does anything alarm them
"Say, how's Prussia these days?"
>>
>be prussian wargamer
>bitch about new Ottoman army book being nerfed
>war. wear never changes.
>>
>>55135566

Nothing. They developed Kreigspeil as a training tool for professional military officers.

As soon as the saw the first WH40K sperglord or greasy elderly grognard, they'd return to their time and destroy any record of ever having invented miniature wargames.
>>
File: 1477119882778.jpg (612KB, 800x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1477119882778.jpg
612KB, 800x1263px
>>55137538

I would pay to see an 19th century Prussian's reaction to this map.
>>
>>55140041

You are a very sick man.
>>
>>55140318
Shouldn't there be holes in Germany
>>
File: 1466424435841.jpg (83KB, 700x618px) Image search: [Google]
1466424435841.jpg
83KB, 700x618px
>>55140041
igotchufam
>>
>>55135566
Imagine if a wargame (rules + minis) representing modern warfare was sent back in time to a bunch of prussians, no explanations given.
>>
>>55140861
Preferably the entire warhammer 40k range, that would be utterly hilarious.
>>
>>55135566
being prussians, what would impress them most is that people waste so much time on leisure hobbies instead of working all day long.
>>
>>55140041
and that's before we tell him about our latest cultural enrichment
>>
>>55139412
Warhammer 40k models are beautiful and Imperial forces might be considered beautiful to Prussians, as their officer/Inquisition uniforms are often based upon contemporary styles. I say the models are beautiful as a guy who doesn't play 40k
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.