[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.channelfireball.com/art icles/a-critique-of-game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 28

File: 400px-MTG_-_Fetch.jpg (68KB, 400x331px) Image search: [Google]
400px-MTG_-_Fetch.jpg
68KB, 400x331px
https://www.channelfireball.com/articles/a-critique-of-gamer-language/

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/6wsrnk/a_critique_of_gamer_language_brian_demars_cfb/

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/6wkkhb/brian_demars_a_critique_of_gamer_language_cfb/

So this... this is modern day MTG
>>
File: 1434020737710.jpg (32KB, 410x396px) Image search: [Google]
1434020737710.jpg
32KB, 410x396px
>>55135173

What the fuck is that slut saying? I don't want to give them pageviews if it's something I disagree with.
>>
>>55135483
Hence norbro auto archiving on pol
>>
>giving a shit about what some cunt says about what you should or should not say

sorry bitch but this is america and i will say what i want
>>
>>55135483
"Waah waah, hate speech, hate speech, rape aids are bad words". Pretty standard stupidity
>>
>>55135173
fair enough nothing too controversial here, if you're not an autist you wouldnt be saying this stuff anyway
>>
>youtube flagged a video for unknown reasons
>writer assumes it was because saying "kill" too much might have gotten flagged by vioice recognition software
>goes on to say hate speech is bad, rape is bad, telling people to kill themselves is bad, and referring to facets of games as deadly diseases (cancer/AIDS) is also bad
the first and third are hyperbole that some people take seriously because it triggers them, the second is almost exclusively stated by salty assholes. the whole article was basically nothing new.
>>
>>55135173
Honestly, the third one is the only one I really disagree with. It's the same kind of smug, pedantic logic that dictates "You don't REALLY mean you're starving, you're just kind of hungry. That's disrespectful to people who are worse off than you."

Human beings are prone to hyperbole.
>>
Wizards is putting all of their efforts is trying to sell this game to women, up to the point to telling its customers not to come and play because they are fucking no life nerds.
The same mistake Marvel did, insulting their customers in favour of SJW.
Is it a coincidence that both companies have large corporations behind, Hasbro and Disney? I don't think so.
>>
>>55136043
>telling its customers not to come and play because they are fucking no life nerds.
this is good
>>
>>55136078
But then... who would spend 500$ every 2 months just to play competitive MtG? Any kind of self respecting adult wouldn't do that.
They are shooting themselves in the foot.
>>
>>55136116
dont care.
but i want less greasy wankers at the shop
>>
>>55136116
The military probably spends more on MTG than some nerd.
>>
>>55136130
Your shop lives off the income of those greasy wankers. There would not be a shop without those no lifers.
>>55136137
That's quite ironical as soldiers are most likely to be found rapists than any other group.
>>
>>55136130

Enjoy your store closing its doors soon because those "greasy wankers" are 99% of the actual spending customers. This is a nerd hobby. If you can't stand nerds, get the fuck out, it's not for you.
>>
>>55136177
police are also quite high iirc? or is that just for beating up their wivves
>>
>>55136177
Yeah but they're a solid market for MTG. My friend was deployed in Qatar and all he had to do was contact WOTC to get them to send prerelease stuff since they didn't have anywhere to play.

I think the military makes up for one or two greasy nerds still making rape jokes in public.
>>
File: image.png (127KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
127KB, 1136x640px
>it is the ones complaining about others being triggered who are triggered!

The mental gymnastics here
>>
>>55136260
So what's your side of the argument here?
>>
>>55135993
I find it funny that the language used to describe cancer is also exactly why it caught on to the vernacular
>a disease that will literally eat away at you until you die
cancer was initially used to describe features and practices in the game (and communities, other things across the internet, etc.) that would cumulatively lead to its death "the cancer killing magic"
>>
>>55136214
I still see this as a sign of the quite high hypocrisy that goes these days.
Having virgin white hetero males consuming your product? Nope, that's racist and contributes to hate speech.
Supporting armies across the world promoting jihaidism? Of course, that's rad!

But that's the current world ruled by corporations and social media.
>>
>>55136043
>up to the point to telling its customers not to come and play
>>55136335
>Having virgin white hetero males consuming your product? Nope, that's racist and contributes to hate speech.

Where has WotC actually said "We don't want this audience anymore, please go and stay go"? Since when is trying to attract more players the same as driving out your existing consumerbase with a bullwhip?
>>
actually he has a point who likes hearing sweaty neckbeards autistically screeching about rape and cancer
>>
>>55136335
I mean who would you market to? Greasy nerds that don't shower and scare off other customers with sperge shit or people from the military who are single men with no bills that can drop $500 a week on MTG cards and can bring a store to prosperity because their COs would rather them be late coming back from FNM than be late from coming back from a club they're banned from going to?
>>
>>55136399
The sweaty neckbeards who want to screech are the ones most likely to be complaining.
>>
I'm pretty sure this sorta shit its a natural response to getting older how many gamers over 20 or so are really still using these phrases ?
>>
>>55136401
Who would I market the game to? Both.
There are not so many soldiers to support MtG, and those greasy nerds that don't shower do have disposable income.

>>55136382
It's a trend. In order to attract SJW Wotc are doing everything in their hand to repulse neckbeards.
Just see each one of their decissions. All of them go the same way.
>>
>>55136260
What mental gymnastics? It sounds to me like they just have a different viewpoint. One side is "just let people do and way whatever as long as they're not hurting anyone" the other side is "im not having fun with people who I beat constantly telling me to kill myself, and I would like them to leave".

It's funny that you think the latter group is being snow-flakey. Your half is being told to be more considerate and mature and your immediate response is "MUH FREE SPEECH. MUH CENSORSHIP" like the government is actually going to arrest you now. Talk about blowing an issue out of proportion to try and claim the moral high ground...
>>
>>55136472
Yeah exactly. When I was younger I'd say offensive shit all the time because it was fun. But now I don't see a point in being an asshole. I'd assume plenty of other people also mellow out as they grow up, and if they don't, I doubt some article is going to change their outlook.
>>
>>55136485
>to repulse neckbeards

Are you certain it isn't just neckbeards being incidentally repulsed by the things they're trying to do to attract other customers? Tell me which do you think is more likely, Samut was a personal attack against neckbeards or Samut was an attempt to market to a different demographic?
>>
Imagine having so little conflict in your life that you actively seek out things you disagree with and beg for sycophants to reinforce your staunch ideals
>>
>>55136613
I think you're projecting a lot there m8. The article doesn't need to exist, but nothing in it is really objectionable. Rape jokes are pretty shitty unless it's between friends who are cool with it.
>>
>>55136613
The beauty of this discussion is that you could be talking about the person that wrote the article or OP.
>>
>>55136660
it's referring to the op, who came here with the article so he might feel vindicated
>>
File: m4MrceI.gif (5MB, 430x215px) Image search: [Google]
m4MrceI.gif
5MB, 430x215px
>>55135173
>One night I was waiting to pick a friend up downtown in the middle of winter. I was sitting in my car listening to the radio and I heard a tap on my passenger-side window. I rolled the window down and there was a young woman standin there in tears. "Can you drive me to the hospital? I just got raped." Her voice dropped out on the last word and she started to sob. She was soaked and shivering. I drove her to the hospital and waited with her until she went back with a doctor.

>There was nothing about that experience that remotely resembled losing to a turn-2 Emrakul.
>>
>>55136613
Actually in my experience most of these people are deeply miserable, unfulfilled, fuckups. The most SJW person I know is a trans girl whose parents are basically Nazis and hasn't held a job the entire time I've known her, after dropping out of school 6 months after we met. The most alt-right person I know is a permavirgin stuck in a dead end job with nothing to live for outside of video games and a handful of internet friends.

It's a form of escapism as far as I can tell, one that gives them feelings of power and control
>>
>>55136699
Wait that's an actual quote? Fucking kek. I don't even play this shitty game anymore, but watching this shit show is much more entertaining
>>
>>55136941
Like I said, imagine having a life so devoid of actual conflict and challenge that you actively seek out enemies to fight and beg for support in your crusade against shadows. It's like that thing serial killers do where they constantly surround themselves with proof that they deserve to do what they do because reality fails to coincide with their worldviews.
>>
>>55136528
>Your half is being told to be more considerate and mature and your immediate response is "MUH FREE SPEECH. MUH CENSORSHIP"

Well, there is a reason they're called manCHILDREN...
>>
>>55135964
Use proper punctuation, you fucking reddit nigger.
>>
>>55136528
>forces everyone to accept inane speech-codes
>considerate and mature
You're not mature, and you're not considerate. You're brittle, silly, overgrown children.
>>
>>55136528
>Your half is being told to be more considerate and mature

And that is obnoxious. Stop doing that you arrogant piece of human garbage. People play these sorts of games to relax, not to dance on eggshells to avoid triggering this or that nervous wreck's trauma.
>>
>>55137054
>using reddit dots
hahaahha
>>
>>55136660
>Rape jokes are pretty shitty unless it's between friends who are cool with it.
Lay off the soy sauce.
>>
I see more people bitch about people saying "Dont say kill yourself" than people bitch about some one telling them to kill themselves
>>
>>55137161
You see what you want to see.
>>
>>55136585
>Tell me which do you think is more likely, Samut was a personal attack against neckbeards or Samut was an attempt to market to a different demographic?

Honestly, both are equally likely. A lot of this "progressive for the sake of progressiveness" shit has a "take that" flavor. As in, I imagine the people are fully aware that nobody's going to like that character, and are indeed putting her/him/xir in just to piss people off because pissing people off feels good to them and they don't worry about the consequences of pissing off their customers.
>>
>>55136528
t. nu-/tg/
Where did you cancerous, effeminate faggots come from?
>>
File: 1358210474661.png (109KB, 314x323px) Image search: [Google]
1358210474661.png
109KB, 314x323px
>a game where you pretend to be a wizard in a 1v1 duel against another wizard, flinging spells, summoning minions to kill the opponent
>it's now wrong to insinuate you're doing that, using phrases like "I'll kill your <creature>" is now offensive

I'm glad I stopped giving wotc my shekels many years ago.
>>
>>55137133
>using Reddit letters
You have to go back
>>
>>55137212
>it's now wrong to insinuate you're doing that, using phrases like "I'll kill your <creature>" is now offensive

The article doesn't say the author genuinely thinks that, they just think an automated YouTube content flagging system might have thought that.
>>
>>55136214
Have you ever been part of he military, son?
It's the most obscene pile of dirty jokes in existance.
>>
>>55137005
Oh, I see what you mean now. Yeah, definitely. It's an odd limbo state where no matter how unhappy they are they have no motivation to do anything about it because their lifestyle is basically comfortable and sustainable. People who have to worry about where the next meal is coming from have the luxury of spending hours a day arguing on the internet.
>>
>>55137212
Did you actually read the article or get just far enough that you could complain about something?
>>
File: 1357035730743.jpg (74KB, 478x598px) Image search: [Google]
1357035730743.jpg
74KB, 478x598px
>>55137260
>>55137260
>>55137260
Yes and the article's author implies he will be more sensitive from now on and will never use those totally offensive words

I want special snowflakes to gather around claiming the word 'attack' is triggering. Surely nobody wants to be attacked by thugs, so why use the word 'attack' in MTG? Shame on wotc
>>
>>55137189
>I imagine the people are fully aware that nobody's going to like that character

The vocal portions of 4chan not liking her doesn't mean nobody does.
>>
>>55137144
Context matters man. There's no harm making a rape joke around people you know, but there's no point in being an asshole in public. I really don't see how that's something you can rationally disagree with unless you're being intentionally edgy.
>>
>>55137313
>Yes and the article's author implies he will be more sensitive from now on and will never use those totally offensive words

Maybe because they don't want to keep getting their videos autoflagged again?
>>
>>55137189
>I'm so deep in the hugbox I have forgotten Tumblr exists
>>
Remember the last time this happened and it turned out to be a complete fabrication because local game stores refused to hire her after she harassed their staff?
>>
>>55137347
>but there's no point in being an asshole in public.
I don't think that making harmless jokes makes you an asshole. Ever considered that you may be overly sensitive? Frankly, i couldn't care less about what you limp-wristed millennials think.
>>
File: 1373551765613.jpg (48KB, 401x447px) Image search: [Google]
1373551765613.jpg
48KB, 401x447px
>>55137347
>don't draw the lands you really need in the first few turns
>'ah damn, I'm mana screwed'
>"JUDGEEEEE! HE SAID SCREWED THAT'S OFFENSIVE I FEEL RAPED"

This is the world SJWs want
>>
>>55137404
Hyperbole just makes you seem like a twat.
>>
>>55137376
I don't think Tumblr likes Samut. Tumblr likes gay prettyboys licking each other's nipples.

>>55137325
Tell me this, if you will: if WotC genuinely wanted people to like Samut, why didn't they make her pretty? Why did they make her the most grotesque, mannish, nominally female creature ever? That's the part that really makes me think they didn't actually want anybody to like her. She was just a "take that, you dirty racist misogy-nerds!" move with no purpose beyond that.
>>
>>55137415
That's literally happened like multiple times in the tech community, Is it hyperbole when it's reality?
>>
>>55137325
Outside of Tumblr have you met anyone who likes Sammut? Because I sure as hell haven't.
>>
>>55137426
>Why did they make her the most grotesque, mannish, nominally female creature ever?

Because that's just how some people look.
>>
File: 1488491117930.jpg (19KB, 344x341px) Image search: [Google]
1488491117930.jpg
19KB, 344x341px
>>55137347
>there's no point in being an asshole in public

Do you genuinely not see how 100% subjective and ambiguous that label is? How one person's good guy is another person's asshole? Do you not understand that?

Fuck, we live in an age where people are constantly and purposefully misusing unambiguous, clearly defined labels like "racist" and "nazi" just for shitflinging purposes. "Don't be an asshole" has no hope for being an actual rule that anyone can be asked to follow. I think all of these people complaining about language are the assholes, why don't they stop being assholes? See?
>>
>>55137440
Yes. A guy I played against in the HOU Prerelease pulled her Planeswalker card and informed me that he already had a Samut EDH deck and was very happy to have gotten the Planeswalker card to put in.
>>
>>55137472

That's an incredibly bad reason.
>>
>>55137438
>That's literally happened like multiple times in the tech community

"That" being what exactly?
>>
>>55137494
>It's bad to draw a person that looks like people

Everyone has to be a fashion model for people to like them? Are you a fashion model?
>>
>>55137498
The SJW crowd got two programmers fired for using the word fork in the context of git at a programming convention.

I'm not sure how /g/ you are but this is the equivalent to firing a builder for using the word drill.
>>
File: 1357287655538.jpg (80KB, 538x500px) Image search: [Google]
1357287655538.jpg
80KB, 538x500px
>>55137498
One of the many examples of this shit actually happening:
https://www.wired.com/2013/03/richards-affair-and-misogyny-in-tech/
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/donglegate-adria-richards

>b-b-but muh gamergate muhsoggynee
>>
>>55137537
The bro incident had to be the funniest though, I can't believe programmers actually supported the SJW's, It was fucking hilarious.
>>
>two lgss in my city have closed in the last 6 months; the third is on death's door
>everyone I know who used to play the game have quit
>the magic community on this board is probably half as large as it was a year ago, even Modern threads are slow as fuck
>scg may stop streaming their events soon because of dismal viewership
>their attendance figures are also awful
>wotc is clearly desperate to appease blue-haired harpies and nu-males that want safe spaces and diversity
>tfw you're alive to watch magic finally die
>>
>>55137556
It's like White Wolf all over again.
>>
>>55137556
And yet straight through from Zendikar to BfZ they kept breaking records for "best selling set of all time" every other set.

Original Mirrodin was the best selling set of all time for the longest time, then it was beaten by original Zendikar, then that was beaten by Return to Ravnica, then that was beaten by Theros, then that was beaten by BfZ. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Return to Dominaria top the charts since it'll be the first set we're actively moving away from the Gatewatch and Karn will probably be the focal character of the set.
>>
>>55136485
>It's a trend. In order to attract SJW Wotc are doing everything in their hand to repulse neckbeards.
>Just see each one of their decissions. All of them go the same way.

Maybe it's because having a super sekret club of cheetos smelling rancid neckbeards makes WoTC less money?

Every LGS I've ever been in that's lasted more than a year lasted because they didn't let these fucks vomit over customers who have never played. WoTC makes the most money off younger teens that spend their parents money, so that's who they market to.
>>
>>55137440
>Sammut
I'm not from Tumblr but I actually like her character in the lore. Her card's kind of shitty because it's over-designed IMO, but the planeswalker is neat I guess.
>>
>>55137478
>people in the internet have overused words to the point that they no longer have meaning, so it's ok for me to tell a random stranger on the street I'll rape their face if they don't get out of my way
You're manufacturing a situation which doesn't exist as justification for being a dick. It's not hard to tell what's behavior makes your and asshole and what doesn't, if you are actually having trouble with it you need to take a break from the internet.
>>
>>55137403
>muh millenials
Oh fuck off. My post was specifically about the difference between making rape jokes in public versus in private, so how the fuck do you figure that I'm the one offended?
>>55137478
And you're absolutely right, it is 100% subjective which is why I said "context matters." Saying don't be an asshole is lazy, but I'm not going to dictate when it is and isn't okay to make rape jokes. That's going to change depending on where you are and who your around.
>>
http://investor.hasbro.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=1022424

>Hasbro's total gaming category, including all gaming revenue, most notably MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY, totaled $253,289 for the first quarter of 2017, up 10%, from revenues of $231,147 for the first quarter of 2016.

Unless Monopoly really took off and is now serving as the backbone of the company, it doesn't look like Magic is doing that bad.
>>
>>55137494
>>55137426
>>55137426
>if WotC genuinely wanted people to like Samut, why didn't they make her pretty?

/tg/ has had threads about Elesh Norn, a skinned and ceramic monster. I'm pretty sure someone likes Sammut.

Also
>>55137426
>Why did they make her the most grotesque, mannish, nominally female creature ever?
Maybe because she's a dirty rebel whose been constantly fighting against her own society which is also constantly running themselves through American-Gladiator-on-steroid death marathons? Not everyone needs to be pretty to be likeable. Fuck Magic isn't YuGiOh with anime waifu shit.
>>
>>55137523

No, and guess what? I don't want people looking like me to appear in fantasy art. I want fantasy art people to look BETTER than me. Prettier and more handsome than regular people. Prettier and more handsome than exist in this fucking world. That is fantasy.

If I wanted to see normal looking people, I could literally look out of my fucking window and see a lifetime's supply. There's no reason for normal people to appear in a game like Magic. Fuck normal people.
>>
>>55137700
This.
Grognards like to be mad about the direction magic is taking but it's been making more money ever since they started the push to hose out the more toxic players.
>>
>>55137716
Has it occurred to you that you aren't the only one with an opinion? Saying "It's not to my taste" is a very different thing from saying "it's objectively bad and nobody likes it".
>>
File: 1355570957460.png (2MB, 986x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1355570957460.png
2MB, 986x1500px
>>55137711
>/tg/ has had threads about Elesh Norn, a skinned and ceramic monster. I'm pretty sure someone likes Sammut.

Are you kidding? Elesh Norn is a hundred times prettier than Samut. Samut is just an ugly woman who looks like an old man. Elesh Norn is an elegant, beautiful porcelain monster. I would fuck Elesh a hundred times before taking one look at Samut.
>>
>>55137716
Fuck off back to YGO or pokemon then faggot.

Magic's had ugly-ass characters in art since it first came out.
>>
>>55137744

Personal tastes, yeah, whatever. I literally cannot understand how/why anybody would like Samut even a little, tiny bit. She is nothing and has nothing. All she is is an ugly old brown woman. Not even old and ugly enough to look like a cool monster, but just regular old and ugly. That's one incredibly specific fetish you'd need to have.
>>
While I agree there are too many genuinely embarrassing people at most LGSs, and edgelords telling people they should kill themselves and that they just "got raped", there are several huge problems with the article and the responses:

1) asking people to self-regulate tossing around "rape" is fine, the phrase isn't funny anymore and is cringey anyway. That said, Magic is a game filled with killing, slaughter, mutilation, gore, death, etc. Weapons are bloadsoaked, the innocent are tortured, traumatic events are rampant within the lore of the game. There is a card called "Murder," generally a more heinous crime the rape. It is not slippery slope fallacy to ask where this ends. According to the logic of the author, gamers should police their language because others might feel offended. What about those who have been assaulted? People who know victims of crimes? Putting the onus of what is and isn't alright to say on the hypothetical offended person prohibits far too much.

2) many of the responses, even from Jon Finkel, went something like this: "The commens in the article prove how much this article is needed." To this vocal subset of the Magic community, no argument to the contrary holds value. Everything they don't agree with is simply evidence that they are right, reasonable counterarguments be damned. This self-serving, condescending tone will drive more people away from the game than a few off-color insults e er will. People want to play magic to relax, blow off steam, and enjoy a complex, fun game. They don't want to be on high alert, worrying that they aren't sufficiently virtuous enough, on penalty of ostracism from the community if they misstep
>>
>>55137728
>grognards
>toxic
I hope you're just baiting, but please leave.
>>
>>55137792
>That's one incredibly specific fetish you'd need to have.

Maybe it's not about sexual attraction?
>>
Is there an argument for being purposefully offensive that isn't a shitty and unreasonable slippery slope? Nothing he said is that objectionable, I don't know if it's something that needs to be reiterated every month. But people don't want to come to FNM with the only 75 cards they own just to be told to kill themselves or to "get fucking RAPED". It's just a request for some decency that would definitely help grow the community long term.

Then again maybe I'm just a "snowflake" because I stopped wanting to go out of my way to offend people some time during high school.
>>
File: eb.jpg (90KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
eb.jpg
90KB, 312x445px
>>55137761

Don't pretend the game hasn't changed. Changed for the worse.

Magic was never super good for waifus (or husbandos) but there was an effort, a constant, visible effort which sometimes paid off. They had good intentions. Now, they have bad intentions. "Let's make those lonely virgin neo-nazi nerds mad lol" intentions.
>>
>>55136323

Calling someone an inconsiderate asshole is SOLELY for the purpose of shaming them into a behavior that fits the arbitrary interests of whoever might be offended. Calling someone triggered only has one meaning: "chill the fuck out."

They are not the same. You can not tell someone to "chill the fuck out" after you made the demand of "change your behavior for me."
>>
>>55137849

???

What else could there possibly be? The character is nothing. Not even shit, just nothing. There's no reason to ever like her.
>>
>>55137878
>Calling someone triggered only has one meaning: "chill the fuck out."

You don't really believe that, do you?
>>
>>55135173

I talk like this all the time.

Nobody gives me shit because I'm the biggest guy there. People only pick on the small nerds.
>>
>>55137859
>Is there an argument for being purposefully offensive

For starters, people who say
>get fucking RAPED
are not "purposefully offensive", they're purely accidentally offensive. That's normal banter and if you actually feel threatened by it, you have actual, no-memes, no-jokes psychological problems that you need therapy for.
>>
>>55137889
Some people read the story articles.
>>
>>55137878
Calling someone triggerred - following your logic about the word "asshole" - seems like trying to shame someone into ignoring their empathy.
>>
>>55137915

Not him but that's literally what it means. It means calm the fuck down you dumb shit. Which you should comply with.
>>
>>55137926
They are being accidentally offensive. And if someone requests that they stop being accidentally offensive and they continue, then it becomes purposefully offensive.
>>
>>55137943
You're either willfully ignorant or delusional.
>>
>>55137943
>Not him but that's literally what it means.

You don't really believe that, do you?
>>
>>55137943
Is this ironic? This can't possibly be in good faith.
>>
>>55137920
Keep up the good work, Chad.
>>
>>55137807

3) defenders of the article seem incredibly quick to cite the first amendment on free speech. I can't tell if they're trolling, or if they're actually that unintelligent. Everyone knows that the first amendment doeant apply to a gamer saying "this hand is cancer." We know - what we're arguing is that perhaps it's not such a good idea to so readily begin policing our language on the basis of the author's mostly weak arguments. Ultimately the norms of the community will shape what is and isn't ok to say, and its fine to argue that "cancer" isnt one of the phrases we need to tiptoe around, just as it's ok (as the author does) to suggest that it might be. There is reasonable room for discussion on either side, but SJWs shouting "Freedom of speech doesn't equal freedom from consequences!" works only to mute and marginalize reasonable players who disagree on what does and doesn't cross the line.

4) though the author isn't guilty of tbis, the holier-than-thought attitude taken on twitter and reddit is only going to lead to the game becoming less appealong to both its original fans (those who have been playing for a long time) and new players who don't fall on the extreme end of political thought that most of the supporters of the article do. The counterarguments I hear is "The only people left will be the caring, considerate ones who want to make Magic welcoming for everyone," but I seriously suspect that a) this issue of offensiveness is far, far smaller than most other issues plaguing the game (the horrid smell, slovenliness, social awkwardness and elitist attitudes of ma instead "pros" are muxh bigger issues), and 2) when you cut out the possibility for reasonablee discussion, the 80% of players who just want to play the game will find other, better things to do the get lecured to by halfwits

Overall I think the author wasn't too far off the mark but missed in a key way (the problems with the Magic community are probably 5% related to off-key jokes)
>>
File: laughingMaRo.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
laughingMaRo.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>55137426
I am quite sure "take that!" is what the tumblr audience regularly gets off on.
Muh subverted beauty standards, muh comeuppance for racists and rapists, etc

What's remarkable is they'll spotlight it in their gossip mill, circleshlick over the progressiveness of it all, and then proceed to buy only minimal product Vs enfranchised players.

I've known tumblrites who play MTG and they are by and large not the types to waltz into an LGS and drop real money on booster boxes. Enfranchised players regularly do.

WOTC have been taking their enfranchised audience for granted, but most remarkable of all that audience is too hooked to stop supporting them. They still like the game too much, so the bottom won't fall out. Not yet at least.

They don't need tumblrites to buy the product, just to approve of it. This means they will condone their numale boyfriends/husbands among the fanbase to continue to dump money into Magic products. Those guys drive out the autistic neckbeards with their political correctness, while getting cucked by the (however slightly) increasingly handsome and showered guys that trickle in to replace them.

As the autistic and screechy variety of neckbeards dwindle in population, the brand's image improves toward the wider audience. This utlimately leads to being able to cash in on the most profitable demographics - mainstream families and 20something women - for whom a tumblr-sanctioned animated series, tv show and film series will be produced.

And then finally the guys putting down hundreds of dollars for boxes will be dwarfed Vs the revenue from Magic: the Gatewatch 3 the Motion Picture and they will have outlived their usefulness. But at least nobody will be telling them to kill themselves.
>>
>>55137132
Not him but being considerate and mature should be the fundamental qualities of every single adult individual.

You are the arrogant one if your idea of relaxing is being inconsiderate of everyone else WHILE you interact with them by your own choice playing a game.

It's time to grow up.
>>
>>55137132
>And that is obnoxious.
>It hurts my feelings when you tell me not to hurt your feelings, so you're the bad guy.
>>
>>55138259
See >>55137106
You probably heard of this place on reddit, right? Please go back.
>>
Imagine if Samut was printed instead of Liliana of the Veil.

Every single nerd out there would be forced to include a $100 trans in his deck unwillingly. Boy I'd be laughing.

Next is Transogoyf.
>>
>>55138363
>Samit
>Trans
>>
>>55137192
You drove out quests. Something had to fill that void.
>>
>>55138345
You're so stupid you are not even able to understand what you read. I have no problem with insulting stupid people like you, I'm just saying that treating people like shit for the sake of it and always overblowing everything makes you a piece of shit, before than a nuisance for everyone else.

If by the time you've grown into an adult you still haven't learned how to behave when you're with other people then you shouldn't be playing with other people.

Don't reply, you're probably too stupid to understand the simple truth I've written and you're gonna make me waste other precious time of my life.
>>
>>55138429
Frankly I'd rather have Weekend smut/erp threads back but noooooooo.
>>
>>55138317

Again, you're missing the basic principles of human interaction. You do not get to request a change of behavior from anyone. You cannot project your insecure ego onto other players.
>>
>>55138556
>You do not get to request a change of behavior from anyone.

>>55137132
>Stop doing that
>>
>>55138556
>You do not get to request a change of behavior from anyone.
lol do you live in isolation? This happens every day in some shape or form.
>>
/tg/ surprisingly reasonable about this considering how trash we are at magic.
>>
>>55135173
I was gonna say, who in their right mind actually talks like that in public. Then I remembered where I was.

>>55137478
Like this fucker right here. If a bunch of white pride motherfuckers are marching up and down the street with tiki torches chanting about how bad the Jews are, they're fucking Nazis. I mean sweet baby Jesus they're self-identifying for you, it's almost rude NOT to call them Nazis.

Likewise, while there are certainly some people in the community who are too sensitive, there are definitely others who really do need to learn how to behave in public. No amount of obfuscation about "muh subjectivity" is going to change that.
>>
I was going to post a long winded rant about how the article is completely inoffensive and anyone that disagrees with the overall message is an idiot and can keep playing in the corner, but honestly, I don't care enough about this piece to do so, and I'm pretty sure most people feel the same. Say what you want with friends, acknowledge that you might have crossed the line, and move on.
>>
>>55137633
>Karn will probably be the focal character of the set.
That's supposed to be a good thing?
>>
>>55137868
Holy fucking shit I've never seen a persecution complex as large as yours, have you considered seeking help?
>>
>>55138906
Karn is cool, his Planeswalker card is huge, powerful, and splashy and they'll be able to make another huge, powerful, splashy card for him. Also, Karn being the lead will be a breath of fresh air to everyone tired of the Gatewatch being the protagonists each set.
>>
>>55137926
>Hurr it's just a joke dude, chill out durr
>>
>>55137807
>This self-serving, condescending tone will drive more people away from the game than a few off-color insults e er will. People want to play magic to relax, blow off steam, and enjoy a complex, fun game. They don't want to be on high alert, worrying that they aren't sufficiently virtuous enough, on penalty of ostracism from the community if they misstep
This is completely asinine and in no way reflects reality
>>
>>55138906
See >>55138934
If a 'familiar face' has to be the lead character I'd prefer Karn to the Gatewatch, 100%.
>>
>>55138934
The last thing we need is more toys for Tron, Karn was a mistake. Venser died for this.
>>
File: url.gif (4KB, 324x179px) Image search: [Google]
url.gif
4KB, 324x179px
i agree 100% with this article but that's because in addition to posting here i also go outside and take part in society on an adult level
>>
>Article about not being a dick for no reason is met by 4chan contrarians screaming about how they'll be a dick even harder now because people are calling them out on their unacceptable behavior
Who could possibly have predicted this outcome?
>>
Please do and say whatever you want at your own house with your play group, but I don't think it's that difficult when you are in a public place like FNM or a tournament to avoid saying you raped someone. There are plenty of other words one can use that have similar meanings.

It's ridiculous the amount of effort it takes to find a way to be offended by this. The community is just asking for it's fringe player base to be polite in public so that the game could be more accessible to others wanting to have the same fun as everyone else without feeling shitty.

I swear, nerds are worse than frat boys when it comes to being inclusive.
>>
i do believe being free from being chained by other feelings is vital for society, to the point that political correctness in most enviroment can damage society.
It's dangerous to get feeling legislate our freedom and decide the direction of the political discourse.Fight that.

i encourage everyone to use words like "rape, kill, anal annihilation" and anything they want at a gaming table.Do not give the oppressor any victory.

Of course we must seek for a reasonable balance. i don't go on saying " i rape my land to add a green mana and shit out a BoP" every turn thinking it's funny.I do avoid foul language in front of kids,within reason.
But i think it's important to not let the triggered ones stop anybody and to give them no victory.

As far as the article goes i do 100% agree on the " kill yourself" argument.While i do value people toughing up and being able to take insults, directly offending another person is completely different than "offensive language".
I would say "kill yourself" only when i am 100% sure the other person will take it as a joke or when i have been treated the same by him/her.
>>
>>55138363
Original printing Bloodbraid felt like that, but that was more wonky card art than hamfisted reddit-ism.
>>
>>55138782
He's not talking about self-identifying nazis, he's talking about SJWs labeling people as fascists/racists/nazis because they've expressed a viewpoint the SJW deems such.
That's the ambiguity he's talking about.

This is important because the 'kill yourself faggot' talk tends to amount to white noise in its hyperbole, meanwhile the righteous accusations by SJWs tends to call for ostracizing someone.

>Likewise, while there are certainly some people in the community who are too sensitive, there are definitely others who really do need to learn how to behave in public. No amount of obfuscation about "muh subjectivity" is going to change that.
You have a lot more to lose when you get fucked by the PC police than when you make a scene because 'fail and AIDS' triggered you.
Guess what - telling them to "please stop saying that, my father was a failure with AIDS" is you being the asshole - the offense was most likely yours alone and that's due to private trauma. I might happen to have trauma from a pet rabbit dying but that is my own fucking problem I have to deal with, not screech at another autist because he's using playboy bunny card sleeves or some shit. I might personally have HIV but I don't have to make it someone else's concern in a public space.
Fuck.
>>
>>55138957

Which part, exactly? And what about the rest of the points? "It's asinine because I say it is" isnt an argument, it's just more of the same righteous moralizing that the posts condemn.
>>
>>55139203
>requesting someone to do something is being an asshole
Is asking someone to hold the door for you while you're carrying something with two hands being an asshole? Is asking someone to slide down so you can sit on a bench that seats multiple people comfortably being an asshole?

Dude it's a harmless request that you can either go along with or not, but they aren't being an asshole by asking it of you. How can you possibly make that situation out as you being the victim?
>>
>>55135173
Sigh... gaming was better when it was just geeks and nerds.
>>
>>55139203
>play a social game in public
>wants to disregard other people
>waaa people are attacking me for being an abrasive asshole! It's their fault for being offended!
It's pretty simple man, context matters. Stop making this part of your grand culture war. I'm not a fan of the radical SJW types, but it's not ridiculous to have enough social awareness to not make a cancer joke next to the guy who's dad just died of cancer.
>>
>>55139216
The vast majority of players who get into the game will be exposed to the people who play at their LGS or in their play group way more often than to "moralizing pros" on twitter. The behavior of the people around them will thusly affect them much more than the words of someone on twitter ever could. No one is going to be driven away from the game because someone on the internet was sanctimonious but I guarantee that people will be driven away from the game if the people they play with are repugnant human beings.
>>
>>55139287
Sorry the normies are in your safe space. Maybe you should have spent more neetbucks on cardboard so that WOTC wouldn't need to expand their market.
>>
>>55139422
I think the exception people take is being told "You should actively police yourself in case someone's dad died of cancer even if they haven't said as much."

I can be an abrasive guy and yeah, I've got a hell of a mouth on me, it's not an endearing trait. But if someone goes "Hey, could you please not say that?" I'm more than willing to. I'm not a mind-reader, if something offends you, you have to let me know, and if you're an asshole about it I'm going to tell you to get fucked.
>>
>>55139463
>buy $30k Black Lotus
>you should have spent more
>>
>>55139461

Despite barely any articles ever having been printed suggesting that "cancer," suicide, and "rape" jokes are off-limits, the game has seen steady growth, and I believe (but don't know for sure) that more minorities, women, and people of different backgrounds are playing than ever before. This might suggest that, despite the author's experience, the magic community doesn't have a problem with driving players away, and that is more accepting and less hostile than it has ever been. Or, that the things that he is worrying about are improving.

In fact, the author gives no evidence regarding the size of the issue of cancer/suicide/rape jokes. While such evidence would be impossible to come by, I would suggest that if anything drives people away from magic, it's general social awkwardness, maladjustment, physical hygiene, and the heavy ratio of men to women. Many of those men are fat, smelly, and unaware of how they appear and come off to the average non-gamer. I would agree with the author that magic players should work on improving their appearance and behavior in general, but what he's actually arguing is that gamers modify their behavior to avoid offending people who have particular triggers. Because there are simply too many triggers to account for (in conjuction with the already-violent and fantastical nature of the lore of the game), he has a poor argument.
>>
>>55139503
See, that's one thing.

But there are people in this thread who are literally arguing that taking offense to something offensive makes YOU the asshole.
>>
>>55139734
That means nothing to WotC. They maybe got $4 from the pack the Lotus was opened in.
>>
>>55139757
Fair point. I always assume those people are just contrarian edgelords, because across the like two or three stores that have been around in my area, I've never run into a guy like that.

Now, I think they (perhaps unintentionally) do have a point, because "offensive" is a highly subjective term, but that's a different issue entirely, and if someone is offended by something and politely asks you not to say/do that thing (within reason), it's gauche not to comply.

I guess that's what this whole debate comes down to: being true to one's self vs meeting the expectations of others, and there's really no correct answer there. Or maybe I'm reading too much into this.
>>
>>55139281
When you ask someone to hold a door or make room to sit, it's a request for something temporary and helpful that is a once-and-done thing.

It's not a harmless request to tell someone not to use a word. Try it with any pedestrian word and you'll see how fucking annoying it is to adjust your own language around it.
If the usage of that language is natural to that person, as calling a bad opening hand cancer might be, it is unnatural for them to change that just to suit you. If their use of this language in the environment is a habit, it's going to be actively distracting during game play to control the habit. An active distraction they wouldn't have had if it weren't for you making a fuss about it.
And unlike opening a door or making room to sit, the general desire is that the person will attempt to honor a promise not to use the word in your presence again. That is ridiculous.

I invite every person who asks someone else not to use a word to also offer to return the favor by promising not to use a word of that person's choice in exchange. I mean it's harmless, right?

>>55139422
If a trauma is bothering you so freshly then you need to take responsibility for your emotional wellbeing and leave an environment if you truly find it unsettling. You should also have enough social awareness to know other people aren't saying cancer just to spite you. You're going through a tough time, but that's just being human. Pain hurts, deal with it. Go to the bathroom and cry it out if you need, but don't go demonizing someone who is using crass language. That's just coping with your trauma by ostracizing someone else if they don't submit to enabling you, likely calling on the nearest whiteknights to cradle your puss. If you're emotionally vulnerable from fresh trauma then you are liable to emotional difficulty. Then the trauma eases and you move on. Deal with it.
>>
>>55139203
And my point is that sometimes there isn't any ambiguity there to hide behind. Sometimes if it walks like a goose and hates Jews it's a fucking Nazi. Sometimes when someone's being a cunt in public, they need to just stop being a cunt in public.

If anyone seriously has trouble with that concept, maybe they should pack all their shit and go innawoods because clearly this whole "society" thing isn't for them.
>>
>>55139917
You're really digging deep to rationalize why being nice to other people is bad.
>>
>>55139797
Not my fault they only make shitty products now. :^)
>>
I feel like you could just reduce all this down to "Don't be a dick."
>>
>>55140002

He's really not. Here's an example: my father beat my mom a few time growing up. Additionally, I was once assaulted on the way back from school one day. Now, the words "beat" and "assault" offend me, and words and ideas adjacent to them do too. People who use these words are being abusive towards me and creating an incredible hostile environment. It's their duty to police their words, especially beause it's common sense that people like me are triggered by violence.

Doesn't that sound ridiculous? But it's logically consistent with the assertion of the original article.
>>
>>55135173
>reddit
Stay there.
>>
>>55138473
Oh dear, you fucking moron. I clearly hit a nerve. Let me guess: Your father is terribly ashamed of you, huh? Let me make it very simple for you: I'm telling you that you and your fellow unhinged lunatics are making a mountain out of a molehill. You're a being overly sensitive, and you ideas of assholeish behavior differ wildly from what normal people would take offense at. You're a tiny minority of extremists.
>>
>>55140129
You're example is ridiculous because the words beat and assault don't always reference spousal abuse. There is no need to resort to "get raped" as a snide remarks and it's absurd to think it's on ok thing to imply to anybody. "Cancer" being an offensive word is a load of bull but the situation probably doesn't go beyond "hey, my dad just died if Cancer" "oh ok sorry". You seem to be the only one who considers being considerate of others with literally thoughtcrime levels of moral policing
>>
>>55140129
If you don't know your words are being offensive then you don't know. Being ignorant isn't a crime. Nobody is asking for clairvoyance. The types of phrases in the article tend to be ones that come up frequently, and the article is raising awareness on those. In nearly all cases "policing one's language" comes down to "don't say rape, fag, and nigger", which falls well in line with the normal rules of civility in society. The writer of the article is not asking you for any more than the normal behavior people exhibit in public with strangers on a day to day basis. If someone is offended by something you said, they'll let you know. And then the onus is on you to change or not.

Is there an argument against civility that isn't a slippery slope that leads to "but what if some guy is offended by the word "firetruck" should i have to listen to him?"
>>
>>55138473
Reread what that poster told you, you braindead idiot.
>>
>>55140110
And I could tell you to grow some balls.
>>
>>55140354
Don't be a dick, bro.
>>
>>55140110
>censor everything which might cause offense
How did society get this fucking neutered? Even on /tg/, you can find these bizarre, nominally male creatures. How did you get like this?
>>
>>55140286

I agree that players shouldn't use "rape"," but the author didnt limit his article to rape, he suggesting players not use words relating to rape, suicide, and any illnesses.

Additionally, none of "us" against the article is suggesting that, if the person sitting across the table from us heard a word they weren't comfortable with and asked us to not use it, we would laugh and keep using it against their wishes. I think everyone would probably apologize politely and play out tge match without using that words. What were against is having whole subsets of words prohibited because someone might take offense. Because the author mentioned illness and death, it's reasonable to assume he might also include murder, a more heinous crime than rape, or assault, which some people might take offense at.
>>
>>55140450
You need to check your testosterone levels, kouhai.
>>
>>55139741
>Moving the goal posts
The issue was about what is more likely to deter people from participating in the game, holier than thou pros who are insulated from the majority of the community or that fuckface Daniel at your LGS who is unbearable to be around.
>>
>>55140456
That is some serious reaching.
Don't be a dick applies to all parties.

If some people have caused you actual offense, just ask them to please stop. If they continue to act like shits and you're at a LGS or whatever, then leave and/or tell someone working their what's going on. If nothing is done, take your business elsewhere. Going on the internet to your blog and ranting about how some chucklefucks were mean to you accomplishes nothing.

As well, barging into a setting where you've got a group of people who trade crass humor/in-jokes with each other and trying to swing your cock around because you're offended makes you a pretty big dick.

All this passive-aggressive bullshit on both sides just inflames idiots and assholes and makes everything seem worse than it is.
>>
>>55140488
>Additionally, none of "us" against the article is suggesting that, if the person sitting across the table from us heard a word they weren't comfortable with and asked us to not use it, we would laugh and keep using it against their wishes.

There's been at least one guy very adamantly insisting you're an asshole if you request someone else not say something.
>>
>>55140488
So if you wouldn't use them why are you against them being prohibited? I don't think anyone is arguing for them being prohibited, the article read to me like a guideline than a clearly defined list of rules.

I'm not going to call for a global community rule banning the word rape, but I don't see the purpose of keeping that word in the community.
>>
>>55140308

I agree that rape, fag, and nigger are off the table, but the author also mentioned illnesses and "kill yourself". While I would also agree that the latter should be a phrase to avoid, including illnesses like cancer suggests the slippery slope is real - can I say a play is "sick", or that a match is a "beatdown"? That a decks popularity is "cancerous"? I agree with most of what the author is trying to get people to do, as are most in this thread on the other side of the argument - but clearly some things are too far, and it doesn't make sense to tailor your language based on how offended a hypothetics person might get, because a person can be unsettled or made uncomfortable by many different types of things, like assault or murder. Few are condemning civility or compassion.
>>
>>55140548

Without some evidence to determine how many people are leaving Magic be a use of bad rape jokes, I'm going to assume the people with the huge platforms for expression have greater potential impact, and that thought on this topic is divided roughly evenly among players. As an anecdote, I haven't heard "rape" used at any tournaments for the past two years, and have never known someone to stop playing Magic beca use of a bad or tasteless joke (tbough I do know prole who haven't played due to general awkwardness and atmosphere at large events). I do know at least some people are turned off by this type of proselytizing
>>
>>55140643
>If some people have caused you actual offense, just ask them to please stop. If they continue to act like shits and you're at a LGS or whatever, then leave and/or tell someone working their what's going on. If nothing is done, take your business elsewhere. Going on the internet to your blog and ranting about how some chucklefucks were mean to you accomplishes nothing.

Well, it accomplishes venting. It's basically the same as "that guy" threads we have here what, every two days? Tops?
>>
>>55140673

Like I said, a community agreed upon "rape" ban is fine and desirable. But the author goes too far in wanting to ban illness and cancer, and uses shoddy logic in suggesting that because some people find a thing offensive (cancer), all people must police that word out of their vocabulary - people get offended at lots of things, and only the worst (rape, for example) should be scrubbed out
>>
>>55140645

You're right, should revise to say "most." I do genuinely believe that most people who responded negatively to the article would still refrain from using a term that an in-the-flesh opponent or group member took offense at, so long as it isn't something absurd. There are always exceptions though.
>>
>>55140276
>I clearly hit a nerve.
Yeah, stupidity triggers me. Don't be stupid.
>>55140319
After you learn how to read and understand what you're reading. So never, basically.
>>
>>55139920
Who the fuck is this goosestepping Nazi at an LGS? Or this hypothetical unanimously defined cunt? If they're so bad then tell the owner of the LGS to have them banned, and if it bothers you that much and the store owner won't do anything then take your money elsewhere.

What you call society is describing culture - because there are plenty of people who say as you do yet tolerate someone being just as obnoxious about how much they hate Nazis or brags about the virtues of communism.

People arguing as you do tend not to take into account that virtue-signalling doesn't give you a free pass from being obnoxious yourselves, and seem to be incapable of understanding your own obnoxiousness.

>>55140002
>>55140859
gurrrl these need a reblog with a woke af sassy black chick gif but that's not allowed anymore since it turns out that falls under cultural appropriation and is kinda sorta blackface. :( we might be ok tho if we reblog and share sentiments of guilt!

No fool, you're too superficial to get it. You're too hung up on the SJW crime that is offending someone within the confines of your SJW culture. You all need to take a breath and ask yourselves "how terrible is this, really?" and stop embellishing what are most often simply unpleasant social encounters.
>>
>Americans

Is it so difficult to understand and accept to not treat people like shit?
>>
>>55140959
American culture has evolved to the point where it is acceptable to treat people like shit so long as there is money involved.
>>
>>55137472
as a disfigured subhuman abomination I demand more representation for disfigured subhuman abominations in colors that don't insinuate that being a disfigured subhuman abomination is wrong, bad or linked to evil
>>
>>55140859
I just told you that your standards for un-civil speech are ridiculous and not shared by alot of people. How simple do I have to make it? Why are you even here? You're too dumb for this community. Go back to your hugbox, 90 IQ brainlet.
>>
>>55140748

I don't know anyone who has left due to any one specific joke, myself, but I do know people who have stopped playing because they felt most of the local store was assholes and cheetos. You know the type.
>>
>>55136137
You wouldn't believe how nerdy and un-PC soldiers are.
>>
>>55135173
Why did you post two Reddit threads that linked the same article you posted right above them, and contained nothing else relevant?

Anyway, I think like this guy here >>55138782
>>
>>55141069
Go to your workplace and start making rape jokes. See what happens, pal. I'm sure they're just all too sensitive right?
>>
>>55141330
Based soldier bros.
>>
>>55141157
Magic is a social game that tends to attract the socially retarded. Generally on both ends of the spectrum. I've seen edgy neckbeards who call everyone faggot as well as obese tumblrites wearing tails and cat ears who have a laundry list of mental illnesses. Both groups are a cancer, and I get the feeling that most of the arguments in this thread are solely picturing one stereotype while dismissing the other.
>>
>>55141435
Not that guy, but my boss has made several racist jokes and a handful of murder jokes after closing, so I imagine she wouldn't be too bothered by any, provided customers weren't about. I think that a lot of the trepidation around off-color jokes stems more from the fear of being raked over the coals for making one than serious distaste for the jokes themselves.

>>55141330
In my experience, they tend to be some of the most politically incorrect people you'll ever meet.
>>
>>55140933
Yes, sometimes people really are being offensive. No, the fact that some people are oversensitive doesn't make it okay to be offensive in public.

If you can't agree with those two statements unconditionally we don't have even the basic common ground necessary for a discussion to happen, and I'd advise you not even bother replying.
>>
>>55141069
>treats other living beings like shit
>thinks he's super intelligent
Phhhss nothing personnel kiddo
>>55141602
Yeah, he probably made a bad example, almost all my working places were garbage.
He should have said try to go call everyone who disagrees with you a faggot in a university room (not filled with stem autists or humanities sjw) and see what happens.
>>
File: Untitled.png (20KB, 1266x611px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20KB, 1266x611px
>>55135173
Channel Fireball disallows the archive, which is why this is not a comment posting an archive link:
>>
>>55141673
>No, x doesn't mean y is okay
Why do cucks like to use this exact pattern so much?
>>
>>55142431
>Cuck
why do the mentally deficient use this exact word so much?
>>
>>55135173
Outlawing subjectivities is the first step into being able to criminalize and dehumanize anyone for any reason.
Cultural marxism at it's finest.
>>
File: 37[1].jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
37[1].jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>55141025
How's this?
>>
>>55142654
Whoa, don't hurt yourself slipping down that slope, bud.
>>
>>55142654
Slippery slope at it's finest.
>>
>>55142751
>>55142753
I believe the old saying is "give them an inch and they'll take a mile."
>>
>>55142812
This is also completely baseless
>>
>>55142431
>cuck
I can't take anyone using /pol/speak seriously. It's as bad as someone telling me that I'm mansplaining or some other retarded shit.
>>
>>55142825
There's certainly a precedent with advocacy, let's not play ignorant.
>>
>>55142445
Because among other things it accurately describes someone who gets off on enabling unhealthy behavior and double standards.

>>55141726
Whether playgroups or store communities, people cut loose with their language and behavior in comfortable settings. It's part of the appeal in hanging out and engaging in a hobby.
Many hang out at their lgs to get away from the more reserved atmosphere their workplace or university.
An lgs is a commercial space in addition to a public space - so for clashing opinions that would fall under store policy you can complain to the store owner.
As a public space it's less about cultural etiquette and more about whether or not a crime is being enacted under the law.
So ask yourself if it has crossed over into harassment, then call the police if you feel so strongly. Otherwise you can bitch to the store owner to warn or ban someone. And better yet you can go to another store, pick another day to come by or just suck it up.

>>55141673
It's okay to be offensive in public whether someone else is oversensitive or not - you're still free not to associate with that person.
But you don't have to be offensive to be disliked, you can be obnoxious too, which is what SJWs excel at. They've managed to outdo the neckbeards by a staggering degree. Neckbeards aren't even what they used to be now that the memes have caught up with them.
Yet SJWs carry on as uptight and absurd as ever.

Read
>>55140933
again

You don't get to make demands of other people yet refuse argument, no matter how much you quietly convince yourself of moral and intellectual superiority.
>>
>>55143046
>SJWs
There it is, ladies and gentlemen
>>
Slippery slope isn't a true fallacy if there's reason to believe there's actually a slope or likely links in a chain. People screeching "thlippery thlope!" should read volokh's "the mechanisms of the slippery slope"
>>
>>55136672
Yes that's the point. If the insufferable faggots on both sides of the extremism horseshoe had the balls to solve their individual issues with the individuals that offended them rather than try to tyrannize world speech and behavior, we wouldn't have to suffer their shit in our hobbies.
>>
>>55135173
>Don't talk to people like you're posting on 4chan

Good advice, sad that it even needs to be said, pretentious delivery.

How long are we going to let people assuming it's not just the same autist making thread after thread keep making shitty MUH CULCHA WARZ bait threads on /tg/?
>>
>>55137365
Maybe get a real job and stop whoring yourself to a failed platform that constantly changing their terms of service.
>>
>>55143466
>Maybe get a real job

Real jobs are fucking con, anon. Grow up.
>>
>>55143466
Their real job is being a columnist for a website, which includes doing video work, as I understand it.
>>
>>55143066
You've been spotted, eh?
>>
>>55137633
>And yet straight through from Zendikar to BfZ they kept breaking records for "best selling set of all time" every other set.
In hinsight, a lot of stores were preordering way more than they actually wanted because people were convinced the enemy fetchlands would be reprinted. As soon as they announced it wasn't happened Oath, SOI and EMN went so down they sold less than Theros.
>>
>>55137556
>implying that doesn't have more to do with what a shitfest Standard has been lately
>implying that any of that indicates anything about the casual audience, which WotC learned was responsible for the vast majority of sales back when Time Spiral kicked them in the dick
>>
>>55143589
;^)
>>
>>55137700
Read the whole revenue documents, MtG lost money from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
>>
>>55143663
Quote it, if you would.
>>
>>55142199
http://archive.is/RUqEs
No it doesn't
>>
>>55138086
Marvel has proven this to be false.
Marvel movies don't even make that much money because of the way hollywood works. And all that money goes to Disney. Meanwhile Marvel Comics are at the brink of another crisis where the only one among hundreds of executives, editors, artists and writers who's not in any danger of losing their job is Bendis.
>>
>listening to the words of a man that still plays pokemon go
Why? It's obvious that he's a manchild that's trying to virtue signal. If someone actually kills themselves over mtg, then good riddance to trash.
How is rape, kys or "this is cancer" hate speech? Why not instead of bitching about it from a "guys we need more empathy pls" perspective, and instead attack on the lack of vocabulary. Instead of just going to rape, actually use more descriptive language. Like "Neckbeard routed the fuck out of me." That can be your argument and it's a hell of lot more persuasive than insulting your audience and conflating them with neo-nazis. When you start using terms like "empathy," it makes it sound like you play mtg with your wife's son.

>One night I was waiting to pick a friend up downtown in the middle of winter. I was sitting in my car listening to the radio and I heard a tap on my passenger-side window. I rolled the window down and there was a young woman standing there in tears. “Can you drive me to the hospital? I just got raped.” Her voice dropped out on the last word and she started to sob. She was soaked and shivering. I drove her to the hospital and waited with her until she went back with a doctor.
>girl who was just raped knocks on stranger's window
>dude picks up a stranger
You know damn well none of this actually happened.
>>
>>55143101
The way >>55142654 is using it, it's definitely a logical fallacy.
I get the idea of: okay if cancer jokes aren't okay, then do I not get to say you got murdered or something similar? That's a completely reasonable concern.
>>
>>55138957
90% of the people tumblr has doxxed were SJWs who said something arbitrarily "wrong".
You really have to be blind to not notice this is a cult.
>>
>>55143877
>The same logic applies here as #1. Comparing a hand that needs to be mulliganed to a disease that will literally eat away at you until you die is not the same thing. It’s disrespectful to people who have to actually deal with such tragedy to compare their plight to a bad hand of cards.
My family has a history of skin cancer and other assorted cancers. I've lost relatives to cancer. I have a good chance of getting cancer. I'm not going to be whiny about someone saying "wow this hand is cancer." I'm just going to smile and get the free win.

>I mean, I didn’t realize how much I was talking about killing things in my video… I’d never really stopped to think about it until I had to sit down and figure out why my video would be flagged.
Reminds me of the polygon review of horsehoes and hand grenades, where the guy was having a mental meltdown talking about guns and how evil they are and how they're designed to hurt others. What a fucking crybaby bitch.
>oh no I said the word kill in regards to a card
For real? How does this guy function on a day to day basis?
>>
>>55141330
Uh, yes I would. Chads don't join the military. Gun-loving nerds and racists join the military.
>>
File: chads final solution.png (800KB, 1209x569px) Image search: [Google]
chads final solution.png
800KB, 1209x569px
>>55143983
Do not speak of Chads and PC
>>
>>55143952
Tumblr isn't indicative of real life, just like Nazis and white nationalists aren't indicative of real life Trump supporters. These are radicalized boogeymen that really are a minority.
>>
Can we bring back "bury" then?
It sounds rad.
>>
>>55141673
I own a bar and had to ban a couple because they kept complaining about other people despite being told a dozen times not to engage with those people.
Some people just want to impose on others and as a business owner it's your food off the table if you chose them over the average client.
>>
>>55143046
>So ask yourself if it has crossed over into harassment, then call the police if you feel so strongly. Otherwise you can bitch to the store owner to warn or ban someone. And better yet you can go to another store, pick another day to come by or just suck it up.
>things are either white or black
Autism.
>>
>>55144018
The people who whine incessantly about these things ARE the radicalized boogeymen.
>>
What 20+ year old person is still making rape jokes in public? Those people are usually naturally sequestered by society.
>>
>>55135173
This is clearly one of those "um I don't know what to write about this week" type of articles. Same old preachy "play nice with the normies" bullshit most people already understand, yet we keep hearing over and over again. Why is this one singled out?
>>
>>55135173
>some people in the hobby are vulgar
>my employer asked me to write about it or i didn't had anything else to write about
>please don't be vulgar
>if you are new to the hobby, know that some people here are vulgar
THE END
wow what a wonderful thing to thread about
>>
>>55144908
It wasn't. Anytime this shit is posted 4chan freaks out. This just happens to be channel fireball and a woman wrote it.
>>
>>55144908
People are getting more and more fed up with the bullshit I think.
>>
>>55144633
The same type of person that thinks "Brian DeMars" is a woman author, apparently.
>>
File: 1470954821771.jpg (18KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
1470954821771.jpg
18KB, 480x712px
>>55135173
That was the worst segue into a topic I've ever seen. He's talking about how one of his videos got flagged, possibly because he said "kill" a lot and then out of fucking nowhere comes this hate speech narrative. How are the two even related?

That on top of the fact that you'll -never- remove phrases liked "this hand is cancer", or "I just got raped by that mono-red deck". It won't happen. One age group matures enough to move past it and another takes it's place. That's simply how it is.
>>
>>55137440
I'm honesty still surprised Samnut was made by an African-American woman...
I mean she's an angry black woman trying to stick it to the man... I almost wish they made her jive talk.
>>
>>55145657
Look at Kaya. Same thing. As it turns out, "diverse" characters aren't very diverse.
>>
>>55145657
>>55145956
What did anyone really expect? These writers are upper or middle class Americans who live cushy lives that are far insulated from the people they're supposed to be writing about. It's doubtful that they've even read about Egyptian or Nubian culture in books, much less traveled within their modern analogues.
>>
>>55146028
I can't speak for anyone else, but Iexpected exactly what we got: tactless stereotypes based on what an upper-middle class person that lives in a gated community thinks "being black" means. Granted, that stereotype is probably closer to the mark than they themselves would be comfortable admitting, but the mark you should be aiming for isn't poor African-American urbanite when you're writing for a fantasy setting.
>>
>>55141330
>>55141534
>Get stationed in Guam
>We're pretty much confined on post
>Buy Magic cards at the PX and play for hours on our days off

Best bros indeed. No matter where you go there's always guys to play /tg/ related shit with.
>>
File: lmao horseshoe fags.jpg (93KB, 1200x490px) Image search: [Google]
lmao horseshoe fags.jpg
93KB, 1200x490px
>>55143230
>>
>>55135173
>They think it's the language that drives people away and not the smell
>>
>>55137711

>Maybe because she's a dirty rebel whose been constantly fighting against her own society which is also constantly running themselves through American-Gladiator-on-steroid death marathons?

Shut the fuck up. Amonket was some weak shit that they wanted to showcase Olive-Skin in Kangz land. This bitch is a direct pandering to "diversity" by putting a STRONG WYMAN OF COLOUR in Egypt because saying Copts were white Helens is racist.

It's this shit all over again.

https://archive.is/cKKVS

>Not everyone needs to be pretty to be likeable.

Holy shit that's how real life works though. Do all singers just happen to be good looking too? Name a female pop star who's ugly as fuck.
>>
>>55147722
Ugly people, real ugly people like Steve Buscemi, Luis Guzman, Ron Pealman, Danny Trejo, etc. still have value and function.
It's average pudgy nobodies that don't desserve the energy it takes to aknowledge their presence who are writing these stupid articles.
>>
>>55135173

To be fair, Magic players kinda are sentient walking piles of garbage.
>>
>>55147722

>Name a female pop star who's ugly as fuck.

The Weather Girls. The singers of 'It's Raining Men', one of the most famous dance-pop songs in the world.
>>
File: 1455860504862.gif (866KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1455860504862.gif
866KB, 450x450px
Here's a hint. It's not the language. It's the behavior. If for whatever reason the world were to wake up tomorrow and nobody was capable of saying rape, kill yourself, or cancer, the normal offenders would just keep on keeping on and move onto the next politically incorrect or edgy thing to say. That's just how it works.

These people are obnoxious no matter what circumstances. The best you can do is not give a reaction, because that's probably what they're digging for. They either want you to laugh, or they want you to get mad so they can challenge you.
>>
>>55148030

>The Weather Girls

Not even that anon, but pointing out a one-hit wonder duo isn't exactly making your argument all that solid, it just means ugly singers can get one in, after that 100 thousand pretty faces.
>>
>>55148049

Pop is also a genre of music much, much more defined by image than a lot of them so it's kinda starting from a very poor starting point. It's just short of saying 'Find an ugly boy band'
>>
>>55136699

...actually why do people even call things like that rape? It's normally used for events in which one side is completely annihilated but rape isn't like that, it's usually either an intense struggle or an immediate concession. I should know, I've raped, like, loads of people. Wouldn't it make more sense to say something like "I just hit by a train that game?" "Damn, they really nuked me." "Fuck, what an ambush of tiny cannibal pygmies rushing out of the jungle and tearing open my throat in seconds." Right? I can't be the only one that thinks it doesn't even kinda fit.
>>
File: 1456281444663.jpg (242KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1456281444663.jpg
242KB, 1200x800px
>>55148111
Personally I think it fits in some situations, like the T2 Em the opponent could have done nothing and was defenseless as the opponent ravaged them for the win. Same concept applies to burn, or really any agressive deck. Or against a control player where you're powerless to resist. It works, but only if the game is completely one-sided.

That being said, it's pretty disgusting all together. I don't hold people against it and I'll even laugh at some jokes from time to time, but it's like there's a time and a place for everything, right?
>>
>>55139917
Personally, i would ask for the word "target". Make the game ambiguous as fuck, and ask what they mean repeatedly.

Bonus points because you can claim to have been the "target" of some sort of specific slight in the past
>>
>>55148039
Shut up, logic is evil.
I'm calling SWAT right now!
>>
>>55148111
Because feminazis have drilled into the western collective mind that rape is worse than murder and genocide.
>>
>>55148256

That's what I'm saying though, people aren't normally powerless to stop a rape. They just fail to do so. It's not like we have some special rapist magic that freezes your limbs or something.

>>55148322

So it's just edgy assholes saying it because they think they aren't allowed? You're definitely allowed, people just tend not to enjoy your company. Not sure I get that comment otherwise.
>>
>>55148395
>So it's just edgy assholes saying it because they think they aren't allowed?
Literally yes.
Have you never been around stupid teens?
>>
>>55148395
>That's what I'm saying though, people aren't normally powerless to stop a rape. They just fail to do so.

Wut. Nerds have really earned their reputation for being out of touch with the world and unable to empathize with others lol
>>
>>55147722
I do appreciate that you bothered to post an archive link instead of the actual article, thus preventing hits and ad revenue.

I don't fucking understand why we can't have interesting characters that also happen to be hot. If everything in media featured normal looking people so as to focus on the story elements it wouldn't stop shit stories from being written. If Magic actually had an interesting and well written plot then fine, make all the ugly people you want because at least there is something redeeming about it. But as it is, we have BOTH shit story and ugly people, so what is the point of having any goddamn art or plot assets at all if they're purposely providing the most middle-ground trash that is unoffensive and inspiring to nobody.

Fucking "realistic" art is just a goddamn excuse to not do any real critical writing.
>>
>>55149027
>I don't fucking understand why we can't have interesting characters that also happen to be hot.

What you mean to say is that you can't understand why every important character isn't hot. Would it be better if the entire cast were Liliana in different costumes? There can't be some variability?
>>
File: LilianaA2.jpg (118KB, 569x800px) Image search: [Google]
LilianaA2.jpg
118KB, 569x800px
>>55149712
Variance is perfectly fine. Not everyone needs to be attractive. However, the story blows. And Liliana, who is the hot character, isn't even allowed to show some leg anymore for some ridiculous reason.

So we are not allowed to have good story, hot characters, or interesting designs. We get nothing is my point.

So what is there? Pandering to SJW retards? Generic planes that are all universally essentially just America with a Greek/India/Pirate/Dinosaur aesthetic? In terms of fantasy there isn't much fucking fantasy.
>>
File: 1496811435429.jpg (184KB, 432x444px) Image search: [Google]
1496811435429.jpg
184KB, 432x444px
>>55139920
At this point, maybe they should go kill themselves.
>>
>>55149772
>And Liliana, who is the hot character, isn't even allowed to show some leg anymore for some ridiculous reason.

Liliana's outfit changes all the time. Give it a bit.

>In terms of fantasy there isn't much fucking fantasy.

Right, I remember the last time America was laid to waste by three giant bugs and a dragon.
>>
>>55149772
I think you're choosing to focus on all the things that make you upset instead of looking for the things you enjoy.
>>
>>55150373
If Liliana didn't show skin in not!Egypt, she won't be showing skin ever again uless Cynthia Sheppard gains absolute power over the art direction.
That faggot Dawn and the retards on PR just won't allow it.
>>
File: 204[1].jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
204[1].jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>55150546
I mean, are legs your fetish specifically? Nissa's still out and about with a boob window and Liliana's got an arrow pointing down her cleavage.
>>
>>55150585
And neither show as much skin as they used to even while wearing pretty much the same outfits they did in 2011.
It's unjustifiable sex-negativism.
>>
>>55136528
>It's funny that you think the latter group is being snow-flakey
Because they are.

>MUH FREE SPEECH. MUH CENSORSHIP
The concept of free speech has literally zero to do with laws or legality. Educate yourself.
>>
>>55150784
See >>55150421
>>
>>55140354
Pussies are just an inch and a half away from being assholes.
>>
>>55150784
So that's a "yes" on the leg fetish then?
>>
>>55150921
>>55150585
Legs are the true patrician fetish.
>>
>>55150921
Disregarding that >>55150928 is right. Both Nissa and Liliana's ammount of cleavage and shoulder on show has been reduced in their newest illustrations compared to Liliana of the Veil and Nissa Worldwaker
>>
>>55150998
Okay, but they are still showing cleavage and shoulder. It's not like they're wearing Amish frocks.
>>
>>55151048
If the trend continues they will be.
Meanwhile both Jace and Gideon are wearing less clothes in their newest cards than they did in the past.
>>
We live in a world where not even vampires or pirates can show cleavage. SJWs might as well be the WBC, they act the same and the end result is the same, their sales pitch is meaningless.
>>
>>55150421
There's very little to be happy about in Magic right now.

The fact that Standard decks run for $200/piece and my Modern decks went from $50 to something like $300-500 is the biggest problem. What the fuck is there to look forward to when Wizards is not addressing the biggest barrier to sustaining the player population.
>>
>>55151178
>If the trend continues they will be.

Really? You genuinely believe that they'll put Liliana Vess in a full on hypermodest farmgirl dress? Again?
>>
File: modern-decks.jpg (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
modern-decks.jpg
2MB, 2000x1500px
>>55151216
>There's very little to be happy about in Magic right now.
I'm happy with mtg. I don't give a shit about Standard and keeping up with Modern doesn't cost much.
>>
>>55143764
>http://archive.is/RUqEs
What fucking sorcery is this
>>
>Go Kill Yourself
If you're not telling Jund players to go get netdecked, then why play?
>>
>>55144633
No kidding faggot, they're quarantined into Magic events.
>>
>>55148256
Is that my first lady on the box?
>>
>>55150421
>I think you should just be happy instead
M...mom?
>>
>>55151269
I was literally gonna post this, because the flip side is hot af
>>
Threads like this remind me that people who play magic have poor social skills. "It's my right to say dickish stuff!" Sure, but it doesn't make you any less of a dick. She's advocating people to not be a dick to each other, nothing else.
>>
>>55152779
while acting completely unaware of what these jerks are trying to do, which is taunt people and get reactions out of them.
>>
>>55152779

He's partly advocating not saying "cancer" around everyone or mentioning illnesses. I also think that people shouldn't be dicks and should cut out the terms rape, kill yourself, etc, but imagine you couldn't say a play was "sick", you got "murdered" in your last match, or your opponent's deck "bent yours over"? These are things I've heard before that are relatively non threatening and inoffensive, yet it seems like the article wants to stop this because some one might be offended.

Again, yes we need much more social awareness and kindness in Magic. But that's only part of what the article is saying.
>>
>>55152985
Have you ever actually called out a magic player and making edgy comments in poor taste? They shut the fuck up pretty fast. It's an "internet tough guy goes outside" deal

On not making cards "sexy" enough. Are people beating off to magic card art? What the actual fuck?
>>
>>55145096
>Brian DeMars
>A woman
>>
It is brotherhood they hate.
Search your hearts, you know it to be true.
>>
>>55153130
Are you assuming xer gender?
>>
>>55135173
Guess after comics they now come after TCG.
>>
>>55153256
The columnist is a three time Gran Prix Top 8, one of which was a win back in 2012. This is definitely not an encroaching "they" coming from outside the hobby.
>>
>>55148030
Lorde
>>
>>55153277
If nerds tried to explain the "their changing our hobby!" theory to a doctor they'd end up on a psych ward.

"There's this group of evil women who are conspiring against me to ruin my card game by taking away cleavage. They also want to stop me from talking and that's why I've never got a date"
>>
>>55153497
Maybe if you didn't blatantly lie you'd seem less stupid

>an unaccoutable outsider group is demanding censorship of artistic expression and attempting to silence dissenting opinion

there, far more accurate.
>>
>>55153564
Interesting. So you think WotC is an outsider group and choosing to give the game a more mass market appeal is censorship and fan service is art?
>>
>>55153564
>an unaccoutable outsider group
>Three time GP Top 8, one time GP Champ, Open Champ, and Vintage player
>outsider
>>
>>55153620
>So you think WotC is an outsider group and choosing to give the game a more mass market appeal is censorship and fan service is art?
What the absolute fuck are you smoking anon.
It's even be stated in this thread that one of the art directors is a self professed militant feminists that is trying to shove her sex-negative ideology onto the game when there is zero need for it and makes absolute garbage art on top of it.

MtG does not need mass market appeal. It is not a product that succeeds off casual, mass market buyers. WotC and their push for leftist, political correctness in killing the old community of the game that keeps it afloat and the LGS running.
>>
>>55153671
So what you're saying is that someone that works for the company decided that its not just for you and you're now mad?

i guess I failed to realize that WotC was a non-profit and marketability shouldn't be something they consider. Or are you actually saying that your specific game group buys more packs than casual players and children?
>>
>>55153753
>Or are you actually saying that your specific game group buys more packs than casual players and children?
They keep the LGS and community of the game alive, that's for certain and yes, the average grognad buys FAR more packs than the average kid or casual. Many of the least "politically correct" players are also the ones that make big purchases, as in, multiple booster boxes, pre-release events and FNMs each set as well as being the primary market that ALL of the masters sets have been intended for.

>So what you're saying is that someone that works for the company decided that its not just for you and you're now mad?
Yes, I am mad someone at WotC is forcing their political ideology with the intention of scaring off the game's core community and playerbase.

>"muh marketpbility" for the third time
WotC already knows their markets. Kids already like MtG and don't care about the changes that are being pushed either way. The only people these changes pander too is SJW leftist ideologues and as we can see by looking at Marvel comics, this demographic doesn't give a shit about actually spending money on these hobbies, they just want cultural control.
>>
>>55153887
I hate to tell you, but the boogeyman isn't real. Changing demographics are. The "political correctness" and "political ideology" you're talking about is just the world adjusting to changing times. I'm sorry that your card games and comics aren't a safe space for white men any more. Try leaving your comfort zone sometime, you might find that it's not so bad.
>>
>>55153924
This is that last (You) for you bait, fuck off to /pol/ if you want to pretend to be retarded.
>>
>>55153944
LOL triggered
>>
>>55148030
Weren't they originally named "2 tons of fun" ?
>>
File: 1432135464016.jpg (99KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
1432135464016.jpg
99KB, 850x637px
They just meant don't bully other players which I think everyone already does besides the most autistic of spergs.
>>
NO HATE SPEECH ON MY CARDBOARD REEEE

PROBLEMATIC colors like White must be removed from the game so Cards of Color (historically institutionally oppressed) can see more representation.

Also the criminal whitewashing of Artifacts to hide their melanin must be reversed.

Artifacts wuz kangs. Serra Angel was originally intended to be a muslim
>>
Remember kids, ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>55135173
Keep 'em cucked, Channel Fireball!
>>
>>55153753
>So what you're saying is that someone that works for the company decided that its not just for you and you're now mad?
Mad that a game I enjoy is going to die because some employee or executive who doesn't know what he's doing is killing it by forcing a political agenda onto it?
>>
People who champion political correctness are like tripfags. They waltz into a conversation and refuse to talk about anything but political correctness, then when you tell them to fuck off, they play the victim card and talk about how much we need political correctness because of assholes like you with no manners.
>>
>>55156672
>People who act like assholes for no reason are the real victims here, other people shouldn't be asking them to stop
Truly you see to the core of the issue
>>
>>55156672
>They waltz into a conversation and refuse to talk about anything but political correctness

Yes, I couldn't help but notice that this wasn't actually just a single article from a columnist who has written about a wide range of MtG topics, but that every single one of their articles was actually this article copy-pasted a hundred times.
>>
>>55156693
Thus begins the downward spiral of browbeating.

>Do as I say or you're the problem
>>
>>55148111
>I've raped, like, loads of people.
tell me more
>>
>>55156721
Expecting people to act like decent human beings in public isn't browbeating. You're not some righteous warrior standing up for what you believe in, you're just a piece of human garbage who got their fee fees hurt because someone called you out on your reprehensible behavior so now you're doubling down as if changing your behavior would be admitting you're wrong and we all know the worst thing anyone could ever be is wrong.
>>
>>55156783
>Expecting people to act like decent human beings in public isn't browbeating
Controlling the definition of "decent" is though. By the way I'd love to see your evidence of my "reprehensible behaviour", because I'm sure you'd never simply tar everyone with the same brush on your crusade to stamp out stereotyping.
>>
>>55153924
Marvel and Bioware sure are doing super hot by marketing to people who don't buy shit.
Magic is gonna die if they continue pandering to SJWs, are you really so deep in the cult you're willing to sacrifice your hobbies to figuratively "punch nazis"?
>>
>>55156810
The only reason you could possibly be arguing against this is if you are one of the people being "persecuted" by the expectation to not be a complete piece of shit so your defense of this behavior is evidence enough.
>>
>>55156835
>The only reason you could possibly be arguing against this is if you are one of the people being "persecuted" by the expectation to not be a complete piece of shit so your defense of this behavior is evidence enough.
I'm not taking this bait.
>>
>>55156826
>Magic is gonna die

That's wishful thinking. Profits are up.
>>
>>55156783
>Expecting people to act like decent human beings in public isn't browbeating
It is when there's a continously changin definition of what being "a decent human beign" is, and the narrative is held entirely by a singular group who refuses debate.

It's a fucking cult ffs. Scientology is less encroaching in people's identities than "social justice" nowadays.
>>
>>55156847
Guilty as charged then
>>
>>55156835
Fuck your dumb ass, I'll take a asshole over a goddamned cultist, at least I know how to deal with the asshole.
>>
>>55156894
>Acting like a normal human being now means you're part of a cult
4chan, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>55156848
>Profits are up.
No, Hasbro profits and revenue are up. WotC and Magic specifically was down from Q1 2016 to Q1 2017 and has just now trended upwards with Q2 2017 but is nowhere near beating historical sales like they did with every set from RTR to BFZ. The SJW bullshit and refusing to reprint enemy fetchlands in Standard product bit them in the ass.
>>
>>55156875
Literally proved him right.
>>
>>55156916
>Magic specifically was down from Q1 2016 to Q1 2017

Source?
>>
>>55156930
Whatever you say :^)
>>
>>55156912
SJWs are a cult. And you're not fucking normal.
Normal people have individual personalities and values, and generall don't encroach on other people's private lives.
>>
>>55156941
http://investor.hasbro.com/annuals.cfm
>>
>>55156951
>other people's private lives.
That would be relevant if that were what this discussion was about even a little bit.
>All SJWs are a hivemind and no one is an individual
Yeah, ok pal
>>
>>55156964
Care to be a tiny bit more specific?
>>
>>55156835
>If you disagree with my assumption that you're a piece of shit, you're a piece of shit by default.
8/10 bait, got me to reply
>>
>>55157007
>I can't refute what he said
>I know, I'll call it bait! That'll show him!
Just digging the hole deeper
>>
>>55156980
No. The 2016 annual report .pdf is right there at the top.
>>
>>55157028
>People don't want to play with me
>Means I win
Why are SJWs such children?
>>
>>55157046
Yeah but the search function is slow a shit.
>>
>>55157058
Right, SJWs are bad. At least sore losers like you have the decency to give up when they can't win ;)
>>
>>55157046
>In total, Hasbro gaming across analog and digital platforms represented $1.4 billion in revenue for Hasbro last year, an increase of 9%. Our gaming portfolio is unparalleled and addresses broader demographics and play experiences than any other company. Last year, according to NPD, Hasbro had 13 of the top 15 overall face-to-face games in the U.S. and all five of the top five new games. In addition, MAGIC: THE GATHERING delivered its eighth consecutive year of revenue growth

Okay, now you're going to have to be a bit more specific, because it seems to contradict you.
>>
>>55156951
>You have to respect my values, which are that only straight white people should be represented in games.
>If you don't allow me to exclude people that scare me, you're encroaching on my private life

The belief that there is this secret cabal of "SJWs" that dictate what's decent is interesting. It's almost like your experiences with other human beings are very narrow in scope. Perhaps limited to three friends, the people at FNM and 4chan?
>>
>>55157560
>>You have to respect my values, which are that only straight white people should be represented in games.
That's why you're a SJW.
If YOU didn't have a non-existent social life you'd know absolutely nobody outside of your cult's strawmen thinks or talks like that.
>>
>>55157654
>no one thinks you shouldn't make rape jokes
>no one thinks "faggot" is offensive
>no one thinks that trans people deserve respect

Riiiiiggghhhhttt. Or so you mean the SJWs that 4chan invented, parodied, then had people think that they were real?
>>
>Go to LGS
>Play Autism the Gathering
>Say the shit listed in link
>Someone tells you to stop being an inconsiderate asshole
>Tell xe to fuck off
>Dont leave unless the owner kicks you out
>If they do just go somewhere else or start your own but with blackjack and hookers

How hard is this to understand.
>>
>>55157715
Nigga, you can't even read.
>>
>>55157800
>Be an asshole
>Get kicked out
>Claim that "freedom of speech" is being infringed upon
>Get laughed at
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.