[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Superjail make a good RPG setting? On one hand, the potential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Superjail_S3_01.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Superjail_S3_01.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Would Superjail make a good RPG setting? On one hand, the potential plot hooks are basically endless. On the other hand, the world doesn't operate on any definable rules, and the out of nowhere psychedelic sequences would be hard to capture.
>>
File: LIUHFE.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
LIUHFE.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>55129806
Depends, I've never seen it. Is it more or less incoherent than Xavier Renegade Angel?
>>
I could imagine it being something akin to Paranoia. You play as criminals who are VERY likely to die, given missions to either get on the good side of the Warden and hopefully avoid death, or do things that might help you escape later down the line. The GM would basically be able to do whatever they want, and your goal would need to prove how clever you can be when anything and everything can happen. You wouldn't be able to really capture the speed of the show, but you could capture the high amounts of death and dismemberment.
>>
>>55129843
More coherent because it has a plot.

Less coherent because it's just complete nonsensical single-shot sequences of insanity.
>>
>>55129848
this. Make a bunch of charactersheets that are just there to die horribly.

dont even give them adventures. just toss them in and see how long they survive.
>>
>>55129806
Every sessions ends with a TPK and utterly batshit insane mass combat. I could dig it.
>>
It could be an Everyone is John situation where all the players take turns playing the Warden and his lackeys and the GM describes how awfully all of their plans backfire
>>
>>55129806
It surprised me how few of my friends actually liked this show.
I absolutely loved it.
>>
>>55131489
Eh, it's better to watch it in chunks (no pun intended), otherwise it gets a bit bland.
>>
>>55129967
This.
Introducing a new character should never take longer than
"A guy you recognize as _______ enters the room/turns the corner", since he could well die by the end of the scene.
>>
>>55131489
Like Xavier, it's a weird show.
If you watch it like a normal TV Show, you probably won't like it.
Superjail is for the atmosphere, pace, and random (in a good, non-memey way) series of events. Superjail isn't about the destination, it's about the ride getting there, if that makes sense.
>>
File: Supa Jail.gif (118KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Supa Jail.gif
118KB, 500x281px
>>55131955
>>55129967
Also, Make sure theres a plot happening AROUND the characters. Like the warden decides to do something stat starts off small, probaly kills the first few characters but then gives the next batch a initiative that kills more of them. right up until the end when shit goes tits up and you go All guardsman party on there ass.
>>
>>55132419
Not sure if it would get too meta and stupid or cringey, but you could try to have an objective is to become as well-known a prisoner as Jacknife or some shit.
>>
>>55132558
that can work, thats when the "survive as long as possible" bit comes in.
>>
>>55131489
I watched some of it recently, and I can't quite tell whether I like it. The concept is great, the introductions are wonderful, the style and pacing is inspired, and I like the animation, but the actual plotting and characterization isn't all that hot.

However, the Warden is fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_CKJ4q5Tu4

It'd be difficult to capture David Wain's manic eagerness in a tabletop game, but it'd also be really fun to try.
>>
I guess you can run it by fiddling around with Paranoia
- Insane leader
- Prison state
- High lethality
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.