[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good books for role playing in a Greek/Roman fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1766.jpg (66KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1766.jpg
66KB, 500x697px
Are there any good books for role playing in a Greek/Roman fantasy setting? Especially if it's for D&D (5th).
>>
Pick the AD&D red (green?) book of the setting and go nuts.
>>
>>55124806
(myself), only to add that the book if the Age of Heroes green book, for AD&D best edition.
>>
Honorary mention: nWoD has this gem called "Requiem for Rome" for Vampire. If you can deal with playing Vampires, it's really good. It also contains an adaption of the nWoD combat system for Senate debates - including combat styles (logic, polemic, etc.)
>>
GURPS probably did great source books for both (I'm not a huge GURPS user but their sourcebooks are usually on the well-researched side, only beaten by Cthulhu era books. You could use them for bg and shit, and fit it to 5e if you wanna use that.
>>
>>55125329
>combat system for Senate debates - including combat styles (logic, polemic, etc.)
Sounds absolutely awesome.
>>
>>55124741
>>55124806
>>
>>55125460
Cthulhu Invictus and GURPS Imperial Rome
>>
>>55124741
Mythras/RQ6 with Mythic Rome supplement is what you want, and Classic Fantasy supplement for that D&D feel.
>>
>>55124741
Mazes and Minotaurs. Get it. Love it. Live it.
>>
>>55125329
You don't even need to play vampires. You could skip the supernatural stuff and just play humans.
>>
File: 0000.jpg (101KB, 770x437px) Image search: [Google]
0000.jpg
101KB, 770x437px
I wouldn't suggest a class system game
try Glorantha /Runequest stuff which have the antiquity theme all over them ooooooor you can try generic systems like Savage Worlds and FATE
(also I am so glad you didn't post a 300 image
Greek here :P )
>>
>>55124741
Seconding Gurps

Really only need low tech
>>
>>55135325
It's worth taking a look at in any case, I just meant if you're not gonna touch the whole WOD-Vampire-Werewolf-Mage-platter, there's sourcebooks you can take away much more from.
>>
>>55124741
Just face it, OP. You will never be greek or roman. The sooner you accept this the better for your mental health
>>
File: IMG_1769.gif (64KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1769.gif
64KB, 480x270px
>>55138283
>MFW

Seriously though: thanks for all the suggestions so far. I've Googled every single one of them. And even though there isn't and probably will never be a dedicated fantasy Rome book for 5e, the stuff you guys mentioned is going to help in adapting it.
>>
>>55136354
That was my point, too, that and the fact that you can use the WW system without playing supernatural characters. Sorry it didn't come across.
>>
>>55133067
This is the best option listed here. The rules have clunky bits but are extremely satisfying.
>>
Fantasy Craft. The Adventure Companion has the Cloak & Dagger setting which is Roman based.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.