[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's important to understand that de Plater's approach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

It's important to understand that de Plater's approach to Shelob comes from an interpretation that she and Gollum are, in fact, the unsung heroes of The Lord of the Rings. Put simply, it's his take that Frodo fails to cast the ring into the fires of Mount Doom at the crucial moment - instead Gollum succeeds where he cannot (albeit tumbling into the fire himself along the way). According to de Plater, that weakness in Frodo was something Shelob sensed, making a pact with Gollum and hastening him on his way to Mount Doom and the final confrontation that saw the ring destroyed. It also goes some way to explaining why Shelob tried to eat Frodo in The Two Towers.

True kino, LotR is a masterpiece
>>
>>55123259
Shelob was hungry, and Gollum wanted his precious.

Certainly, they caused and exploited a weakness in the walls of Mordor... but calling them heroes is a bit much.

Especially since Shelob is the spawn of an eldritch evil from beyond creation, while the ring is merely the manifestation of the power of the lieutenant of LotR's version of Satan.
>>
>>55123259
I feel like this was meant to be a /tv/ thread but spooder and this de plater guy both sound interesting
>>
>>55123310
In fact, if it weren't for Shelob's "mother" the entire thing wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>55123259
And that's why they made her into a sexy woman for you to fuck
>>
>>55123320
The spider-lady is from an anime/manga ecchi series. The image's file name has the title and her name, for googling purposes.

She's a bondage fiend.
>>
>>55123350
Hadn't heard that much.

Figured it was your standard, "Hey, I want to make my own thing," "Nah man, be harmonious," "Fuck you, I do what I want." type rebellion.

Had read that the dwarves were similar, but the head god liked them and instead of destroying them gave them souls.
>>
>>55123446
Yeah. Ungoliant (Shelob's "mother") had one desire: the eat. Melkor (Sauron's boss) got her to eat the Two Trees of Light, plunging the world into darkness. Then Melkor stole the Simalrils, the only means by which the trees could be revived. This led to several wars, the rise of evil in Middle-Earth, the creation of the Orcs, Troll, and Dragons because the elf who made the Simarils effectively cursed his bloodline to never rest until the gems were back in their hands or forever beyond their reach. The resulting wars led to the sinking of half a continent. That's what the entire First Age in Middle-Earth was about. And it's all Melkor and Ungoliant's fault.
>>
>>55123446
I can only imagine this post as a conversation between a successful, corporate spider and a stoner spider who lives under the bridge.
>>
File: spoodercenor.jpg (535KB, 852x1200px) Image search: [Google]
spoodercenor.jpg
535KB, 852x1200px
>>55123424
boi I know who spooder be and she's older than both the anime and the manga and the first design was better remove backbutt reeeeee

Unfortunately the de plater angle turned out to be a not particularly compelling example of video game adaptation lore liberties l when I checked it out. Galadriel and Shelob being part of a light/dark female duology? Turning Shelob into a human female because 'generic lore unfriendly symbolism?'
Yah
Nah
My conclusion is that de pater is a disgusting secondary tolkein fan and his interpretation is aimless reinterpretation reliant of ignorance of actual lore and obfuscation of a simple marketing decision that a titty human shelob=more sales than spider shelob
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.