[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How deadly do you like your games /tg/? How many player characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Acid 6.jpg (160KB, 1236x800px) Image search: [Google]
Acid 6.jpg
160KB, 1236x800px
How deadly do you like your games /tg/?

How many player characters should each session claim?
>>
>>55122230
Plan each encounter as if you meant to kill all the players. They'll usually survive. Obviously don't dump Orcus on the level 1 party, but have your Goblins equip shields or bring molotov cocktails. It's more fun for the players if they have to counter an enemy plan than it is to just get into a slugfest with them.
>>
File: 1486184374165.gif (646KB, 512x481px) Image search: [Google]
1486184374165.gif
646KB, 512x481px
I average about 0.25 characters per session.

All from the same player. He doesn't learn from his past mistakes and his response to plan A failing is always "I shoot it with my Ruger Super Warhawk." Maybe Shadowrunning isn't for him.
>>
>>55122230

I run very low lethality games as a matter of course. Players can generally only die at specific dramatic moments, although I'm lucky enough that I have a group who will sometimes willingly spend their characters life if it feels right and there's a reason for it at the time.

That doesn't mean I run an easy game without challenge or danger, though. I'm lucky enough to have players who care enough about the setting and the characters in it that I can set up extremely high stakes situations with a lot on the line, and make victory a real struggle, without needing to threaten the lives of player characters to do it.
>>
>>55122310

Forgot to say pic related to his response to dying so often but also not changing his approach.
>>
>>55122230
I tend not to kill anyone as long as they play smart. It's not fun to get invested in a character just to have them die to a shitty dice roll even when you're playing smart.

That being said, don't ever turn plot armor so high that the players can Leeroy Jenkins everything.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.