[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are adventuring party's normal in your setting? If they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1501121168072.jpg (377KB, 900x723px) Image search: [Google]
1501121168072.jpg
377KB, 900x723px
Are adventuring party's normal in your setting? If they are, why? If they aren't, why aswell?
>>
Worlds got war and danger, so more people not willing to die walking with you tends to make you live longer. It's not unheard of for a place, whos local militia was called to the front, to put up a tax funded notice to pay the next group to take care of the local goblin problem, ect.
>>
File: 1458666819394.jpg (573KB, 1280x966px) Image search: [Google]
1458666819394.jpg
573KB, 1280x966px
there are parties that go into the ruins to find old technology. they have a very high casualty rate, there's radiation, mutated beasts, robots, traps, puzzles, etc to contend with

and of course there are always bands of mercenaries and exiles trying to make their way in life, but i'd say adventuring parties aren't common in my setting
>>
>Are adventuring party's normal in your setting?
???
That's pretty much the premise of D&D
>>
>>55110450
Not everyone plays D&D. And even when using a D&D system the implicit caste of "Adventurers" may not be a thing in one's homebrew setting.
>>
>>55108847
Yes. Most of the world is still untamed wilderness, and the outposts of different nations and routes that communicate kingdoms and nations are not lacking danger in the form of bandits, wild animals and monsters. Many parties are formed by borderline authorities to deal with those threats, and are composed by individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, from plain mercenaries to wandering wizards, explorers and fortune seekers.
Also, the setting's past history is littered with lost civilizations that left a lot of arcane secrets behind, and certain people employ adventuring parties as scouts for fully fledged expeditions or raids in enemy territory in search for these secrets.
>>
>>55110572
>Hey guys are Vampire Coteries normal in your setting?
>Yes, they are the premise of V:tM
>Not everyone plays V:tM though.
>>
>>55110979
Your three question marks seemed to indicate confusion that someone questions the existence of Adventurers in your game and insinuate such a notion is very strange. Hence my reply.

Otherwise why wouldn't you write a more substantial reply to OP than "It's D&D, so yes"?
Beside D&D can support a range of settings but still isn't a setting itself.
>>
>>55108847
I prefer mercenary companies ala the Conan stories. Currently planning out a campaign where the PCs are part of a renowned mercenary company in their country. Just trying to decide when they should uncover that their commander is purposely paying bandits to sack caravans and stage it like a neighboring country is behind it, so as to spark a war and thus increase the need for their services. I'm really looking forward to how they'll handle it and what they'll do in the end.
>>
>>55108847
Adventurers are just called what they would be in real life, Mercenaries, and body guards or _____guards depending on what they were hired to guard.
>>
>>55108847
No, because my setting isn't brain dead DnDshit.
>>
>>55108847
Yes. Adventurers are part of a transnational organization working to protect the citizenry of all peoples. They take contracts from entities as big as governments to as small as individuals and work with a number of other agencies, departments, administrators, etc. in order to accomplish a joint effort. Adventuring parties are formed to establish teamwork and positive relationships while also having the upside of being easy to keep track of.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.