[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna make a yugioh rpg for my dumbass friends, tell me what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Ifyouplayyugiohyoureafag.png (380KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
Ifyouplayyugiohyoureafag.png
380KB, 416x416px
>In a nihilistic discussion we had, I made an allegory to life is like Yugioh only with a deck you hardly can control.

>Decided to make an rpg based off of this where every player is born with a deck and solves all of life's problems like getting dates, landing a job they want, or not being murdered by a serial killer by dueling them
>However, their born deck is pretty much the only cards they'll ever see. From time to time they may be able to in minor ways alter the decks cards list or add in new cards, but nothing dramatic.

>Somehow I guarantee it will still be more balanced than real Yugioh.

This is sort of a side rant to how fucking broken the actual game is where God damn algerbra is less tedious. What urks me isn't even broken mechanics but where Konami sweeps it under the rug by an expansive ban list that works about as well as banning trolls when mods are the ones that ruin everything. Like say for example Pot of Greed, nobody even tries to argue bringing back Pot of Greed, but Maxx C took for fucking ever to get restricted and for the past God damn decade Maxx C has been pretty much better than pot of greed. But goodluck getting those heroin addicts at /r/yugioh to admit that.

It would just make more fucking sense if there was a DM there to not only control on some level what cards every player has in their deck, but there to interpret the card's meaning. Because when you have twenty paragraphs of card text, you're gonna need someone there to tell you up from down.

Really the only thing yugioh has going for it is the artwork.
>>
>>55107957
would the players duel with real yugioh cards, how does dueling work in your rpg
>>
Man classic archfiends and chessfiends were my shit nigga
>>
>>55107957
You're a retard if you think Maxx "C" is better than Pot of Greed.
>>
>>55107957
>in a nihilistic discusion
>I made an allegory
>life is yu gi oh
>stupid autismo card dueling fantasy and rant
>my card game should have a DM!
>the only thing yu gi oh has going for it is the artwork
I really needed the laugh, thank you op.
>>
>>55110049

I mean, at least we know what "Maxx C" does, no one has any idea on what pot of greed does.
>>
>>55107957
but thats just the anime you described except most people dont have good cards because they either cost alot or theyre not smart enough
>>
Add some persona style stuff where major revolations, awakenings and character changes can modify the deck, morphing it to suit the individuals current psyche. Then you both get some reward for good roleplaying and making character arcs and can parody the animes "plot twists" too.
>>
>>55110049
Go away Reddit

>>55111356
Forced meme
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.