[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if the Emperor had established a Imperial Cult at the founding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

What if the Emperor had established a Imperial Cult at the founding of the Imperium?
>>
>>55102071
Syncretism everywere with existing religions. Those were often chaos related.
>>
>>55102071
Everything would have gone much better Honestly. The Emps fundamentally misunderstood how the warp worked and thought that worship had something to do with powering the gods. If he did understand he'd have realized that releasing armies of super humans with super human emotions and senses was a terrible idea that would only back fire on him later.
>>
>>55102071
things probably would be the same except no hope for the humans of the imperium given that the emperor would have no reason to come back and dismantle the religion based around him in order to purify the imperium to full humanity
>>
>>55102119
>major change to the timeline
>"everything would be the same"
>>
He would have hated it, and it would likely have caused friction with all but one of primarchs.

The only way that could have worked was if he instituted faith in something other than himself. Which is an intriguing idea, the Emperor leveraging Humanity's psychic gestalt to create or empower some new warp entities, to serve as Humanity's vanguard in the immaterium. it would be a very different galaxy all in all.
>>
>>55102105
>The Emps fundamentally misunderstood how the warp worked and thought that worship had something to do with powering the gods.
wait, is that the reason he was pushing for a secular empire?
where do they say that?
>>
>>55102105
>The Emps fundamentally misunderstood how the warp worked and thought that worship had something to do with powering the gods.
He knew that faith would open people to Warp energies and wanted to avoid that. Hence the Imperial Truth and officially categorising daemons etc. as "highly aggressive Warp-native xenos species" of various sorts.
>>
>>55102347
Faith didnt open people up to the warp, ignorance did. Sadly thats all that the Emperors Imperial Truth fostered among the Imperium.
Imagine if the Grey Knights and inquisition had existed pre-heresy. I mean its not like chaos wasnt the end boss so why put no checks in place?
>>
>>55102251
I doubt he would like that any better. Going from superstitions to creating an actual human god that he would have no control over that would have a problem with his whole "cleanse the warp" plans.
>>
>>55102206
i cant imagine why time would matter given the imperium has been mostly doing the same thing in its given time anyway so if it hasnt changed in the first place then why would it change suddenly + or - a few years
>>
>>55102071
What he really should have done was tell people about chaos, the interex had a no restricted information policy about chaos.

As such they where incorruptible. This may have stopped the heresy making it so Magnus never would have fallen.

If he had also allowed lorgar to do the thing lorgar is best at, then Lorgar wouldn't have fallen and chaos would've been beaten.

Also big E let people use the warp, Magnus and motarion were both screwed by your "no warp" policy
>>
>>55102422
Yeah, but on the flipside he would have control over what kind of god(s) they were making, so I imagine he could conceive of an entity which would be beneficial to his further plans.
>>
>>55102251
>He would have hated it
A Emperor who was willing to use religion to control the masses obviously wouldn't be the same fedora wearer of canon.
>it would likely have caused friction with all but one of primarchs
The Loyalists were perfectly content to be the dogs of the Emperor. A Imperial Cult isn't going to do anything to sway their loyalty. Even most of the Traitor Primarchs would be fine with a Imperial Cult so long as the Emperor didn't do everything he could to get on their bad side.
>The only way that could have worked was if he instituted faith in something other than himself
Except the Imperial Cult being based around the Emperor is the only way it makes sense and is why it developed that way in canon.
When you already have a massive Cult of Personality based around a guy it's not a massive step to also establish a Church around him, the God-Emperor of Autism was the only one who was surprised that people would worship him when he established himself as the Kim Jong-Il of the galaxy.
>>
>>55102411
The Inquisition kills everyone who finds out that Chaos exists.
>>
>>55102502
Why have the =I= not committed suicide to a man then?

That is not their mission and it never was.
>>
>>55102303
He was a turbo atheist who killed all old earth religions.
>>
>>55102502
Reminder that there are enough planets who knows about Chaos that "deader than Horus" is a normal phrase.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.