[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reasonable in-game explanation for why a Gelatinous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1488861837645.jpg (161KB, 478x689px) Image search: [Google]
1488861837645.jpg
161KB, 478x689px
Is there any reasonable in-game explanation for why a Gelatinous Cube is a cube?
>>
>>55096280
Some stoned wizard made them that way because he found the thought of it hilarious
>>
>>55096280
Literally says the reason in the monster manual.
>>
>>55096280
>>55096438

The Wizard also happened to be a "Wizard of the Coast"

But in all seriousness, I think that the Gelatinous Cube is the most "Meta" monster in the Monster Manual. The way its shaded and designed just suits dungeons perfectly
>>
>>55096280
As some guys said, they are usually a wizard creation so they could be cock shaped for all that matter.

But since you mostly find them near caves or abandoned dungeons i like to think them as magically evolved bricks or crystal or something of sort
>>
>>55096517
>But in all seriousness, I think that the Gelatinous Cube is the most "Meta" monster in the Monster Manual. The way its shaded and designed just suits dungeons perfectly

More meta than Cloakers?

Super intelligent evil manta rays, who spend a fair amount of their time hanging in closets?
>>
>>55096280
It's how they come from the factory.
You're supposed to carve them down into interesting shapes, like a topiary, but since, as mentioned by someone else, they're already a good size for filling dungeon hallways, most people don't bother.
>>
>>55096663
A few years ago we had a great thread about a new popular fad of keeping miniature gelatinous cubes by breeding them for small size, diluted acid content, and various colors, shapes, and other properties.
>>
>>55096663
>>55096711
How did I not know that I needed this in my life?
>>
>>55096280
There is only one Gelatinous Cube a wizard created it specifically to clean up the hallways in the lower levels of his wizard tower. Over time though the wizard died and the Gelatinous cube continued to clean even after adventurers came to plunder the derelict tower. They didn't know exactly how to destroy the cube so they hacked it into small pieces. All of those pieces migrated away from the tower and eventually grew into full sized gelatinous cubes themselves. So all Gelatinous Cubes are just parts of the original Cube.
>>
>>55096280
Pseudocrystalline symmetry.
>>
>>55096711
>>55096743
Gelatinous Cube is best familiar, it can eat your trash and melt through locks
>>
>>55096280
They are meant to be used in large groups; self-assembly doesn't make any sense when you've only got one unit.

http://goblinpunch.blogspot.com/2016/08/gelatinous-cubes-and-their-masters.html
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.