[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm GMing for the first time in a post-second industrial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: dooom.jpg (325KB, 740x969px) Image search: [Google]
dooom.jpg
325KB, 740x969px
I'm GMing for the first time in a post-second industrial revolution setting. I will have to roleplay nobility and aristocracy unironically for my players. I have no idea what the gentry are like outside of movies and comic books where they are played as foppish snobs.

Help me get into the mindset of the upper class.
>>
File: portrait.png (1MB, 757x993px) Image search: [Google]
portrait.png
1MB, 757x993px
The nations in this fantasy world consist of the empire, the recently conquered people of a decades long war, the rich and powerful desert kingdom to the far south, and the almost mythical land from across the sea where people are rumored to be part demon
>>
>>55094832
They're fundamentally not that different from anyone else. Biggest differences is that they'll be well educated and have more complex social norms.
>>
>>55094832
>I'm GMing for the first time
and you picked something that you have no idea how to do?

Boy are you fucked, anon. Swallow your pride and back out of this promised campaign, and do something simple for your first time GMing. We walk before we run.
>>
>>55094832
>I have no idea what the gentry are like outside of movies and comic books where they are played as foppish snobs.
Do that then.
>>
>>55094832

Completely oblivious to life outside of their luxury.

They live far away from the toils of "common folk" and might not even read newspapers unless they are specifically a businessman. Self-made or from someone who is self-made and have great pride in that, even if they haven't worked half as hard as the one who got the fortune in the first place.
>>
File: Street.png (2MB, 795x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Street.png
2MB, 795x1146px
>>55098213
>>55100441
Can you tell me where I can read up on the social norms of European aristocrats post industrial revolution? I've seen Anna Karenina so I'll probably go with something along those lines.

>>55100085
No.
>>
>>55100991

Just Google that exact question.
>>
File: bku6OvK.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bku6OvK.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
When you play as a noble, how do you interact with the hoi polloi?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.