[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you see pc's with a family that aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3694.png (1MB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3694.png
1MB, 679x960px
How often do you see pc's with a family that aren't dead or long lost? My players tend to make their character orphans or abandoned, which is fine because it frees them of any ties that would interfere with adventuring.

Has anything interesting come from the introduction of a characters relative in your games?
>>
It usually doesn't come up but we all pretty much assume our characters have families. We just don't care to bring it up in the game unless we note it in our background.
>>
>>55091581
In my current campaign, one of the PC's mother is an important antagonist and another's father works for her.

Of the other two PCs, one has a normal family, the other is an orphan.
>>
>Get invited into game along with SO
>Character introductions all round
>Dead family
>Dead family
>No contact with family for years
>Family dead by horrible murder and torture
>My character was adopted but had a loving home life and still stays in touch with adoptive parents
>SO's character went adventuring to support his siblings and sends them letters and gifts all the time

It's pretty sweet not having a tragic background.
>>
>>55091581
I have plenty of characters with families, the only time it has really come up though was a game where the party stayed with his family because they had a job in town.

His mom tried to set him up with our mage, much to the mage and my pcs objections.
>>
>>55091581
>playing a paladin
>married to a pseudo-Mongol wife
>five(5!) kids (count em!)
>father is still alive
>sister is married to the town blacksmith
>brother 1 took over the town mill
>brother 2 joined the royal guard

I was deliberately playing chicken with the DM when I wrote his backstory, but it's still a miracle they are all alive and unmolested.
>>
>>55091581
>Has anything interesting come from the introduction of a characters relative in your games?
Not yet, but she's an errant noble and she stole an heirloom treasure map from her family when she ran away, so I figure it's only amatter of time.
>>
Lets see, my characters....

>Victorian lady paladin: Parents alive and at home
>Retrofuture super-scientist: Mother dead, father alive
>Ancient undead knight: Parents dead
>Babylonian godking: Father dead, mother alive
>Magical girl #1: Parents alive, unfortunately
>Magical girl #2: Parents alive
>Hermetic magus: Parents dead
>Ghost teenager: Parents alive, character dead
>>
>>55092305
>Ghost teenager: Parents alive, character dead
MonsterHearts?
>>
>>55092345
>MonsterHearts

Had to google that. No, modern fantasy game. Which isn't to say modern day earth, I mean we took a fantasy setting and pulled its tech into the modern day to make the setting.

Ghost is a seventeen year old girl who got hit by a taxi and is now trying to find a way back to life, an impossible feat as far as magic is typically concerned. But then, so are ghosts.
>>
>>55092305
>parents alive, unfortunately

Unfortunately beacause they turned into abominations/whatever the bad guys of the setting are, or unfortunately beacause there dicks?
>>
>>55092456
Parents are trailer trash, said magical girl lived with them and like six siblings. Really really shitty upbringing, left her a distrustful paranoid autist.

Then she became a gun-toting magical girl and basically became a child soldier on top of that. Her canon ending to the campaign was going home, blowing her house to smithereens and eventually growing up and becoming a mercenary waiting for someone to finally kill her because she's too much of a bitch to do it.

Probably my edgiest/darkest character to date, but was pretty fun.
>>
>>55091581
>elven bladesinger: parents alive, but cut all ties with them
>half-human monk: unknown, was possibly birthed and raised by a fist elementals
>half-human warlock: parents dead, but still keeps in touch with them
>>
>>55091581
My current character's family was alive at the start of the campaign, including his parents and the crazy ex-military uncle who got him into adventuring. It's hardly my fault that the GM nuked the whole city halfway into the first setting.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.