[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Walked in without expectations, came out from an enjoyable thrill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: lance61x.gif (322KB, 718x598px) Image search: [Google]
lance61x.gif
322KB, 718x598px
Walked in without expectations, came out from an enjoyable thrill looking for more.

How much longer until I get disappointed?
>>
>>55081719
As long as the book has Weiss and Hickman as the authors and isn't when they tried to shoe horn the 5th age, they aren't bad.

They haven't aged well, but when you consider they are many times the trope codifiers for post-Tolkien fantasy, they are required reading to be student of the genre, at least the 1st 2 trilogies are.

They are certainly better than anything in the Forgotten Realms series.
>>
>>55082227
>looks up the publication dates of Chronicles and Legends
Holy shit, these books are almost as old as I am.

Anyway, I can't speak for the later stuff, but the Chronicles and Legends trilogies are good enough for what they are.
>>
I think I've pretty much read all of them EXCEPT the main line. I really enjoyed the world, hopeful fantasy.
>>
>>55083927
Oh, but fuck kender.
Fuck kender.
>>
>>55083941
There is nothing wrong with Kender. Only Bad Kender Players who use it as an excuse to be dick stabbing thieves.

Whathisface is not nearly as annoying in the first books, and is honestly a funny endearing character.

Kender don't pickpocket everything, they usually just pick things up that are useful later on, hoarding them, or otherwise giving back what they take after playfuly showing it off as a show of prowress.

That shit where they broke the rules of time travel was hilarious though.
>OH FUCK
>I SENT A KENDER BACK IN TIME
>>
>>55086759
OP here.

That actually sounds pretty good. Started Winter and am enjoying it so far. Considering my status as Forever DM I'll go about procuring that setting supplement they made for 3e.
>>
>>55082360
>Holy shit, these books are almost as old as I am
Heh, I was 9 when these books came out in 84-85. They aren't bad, at least the first few (6 I think, 2 trilogies?) but the story goes off the rails soon after.
I'm also a 2e D&D fag and the entire set of adventures were just horrible. You'd literally think they were published by Amtrak cause they are nothing but railroad. Great maps though that I've used for all sorts of nom-faggotlance stuff
>>
>>55087056
You would think that given the investment the adventures themselves would be good.

I ran a reskin of Ravenlofy in 5e (before wotc did the remake themselves) and that was highly enjoyable by all involved
>>
>>55086759
Half the time they don't know they've stolen anything until the owner sees the item in their possession.
I've read most of the books. There's nothing redeeming about kender. Everyone knows they take (I don't care if it's intentional or not) shit but never respond to it beyond 'oh no, keep them away from the silver!' I think they should have been imprisoning any who 'find' things on other people (chopping hands off left and right for that shit).
Similarly, Kendermore and kender society in general makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>55087541
What I got out of Kendermore was that there were other races living there for various reasons that offered a semblance of stability that the Kender fed off of.
>>
>>55081719
>>55082227

Some of the short story collection novels are okay too, especially ones around tinkergnomes.

>That one story where a tinker gnome crashes a prototype space ship into a bronze dragon's hangout and then aliens invade

>The one with the evil tinker gnome that invents the atomic bomb and tries desperately to explain it to the evil general only to scare the fuck out of him with its capabilities
>>
>>55087639
>a bronze dragon's hangout
The one on the moon? That was a good one.
>>
>>55087706
Yo we Spelljammer now?
>>
>>55088801
Well THIS is a thing.
http://spelljammer.wikia.com/wiki/SJR7_Krynnspace
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.