[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

List an RPG, book, video game, or anime setting, etc. that you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1463042252647.jpg (990KB, 1000x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1463042252647.jpg
990KB, 1000x1415px
List an RPG, book, video game, or anime setting, etc. that you DON'T like, say why you don't like it, then say something positive you can nevertheless learn from it to make your RPGs better (as player or GM)

Positive i.e. not "how not to _____" or "what not to do"

gogogo
>>
>>55071571
No.
>>
>>55071571
Pathfinder
Why it sucks: 3.5 was bad out of ignorance and incompetence. Pathfinder was made intentionally bad to appeal to grogs and casterfags.
Why it's good: Keeps furries, grogs, casterfags, weebs, pedophiles and other trash in a containment community instead of letting them infest everything.
>>
>>55071571
Legend of the Wulin's setting always felt too in depth for its own good. The book spends 138 pages on history, organisations, relationships and philosophies. To me, this always felt odd for a system which had the strength of being able to easily centre conflict and world building around the characters and their personalities. Conflicts in LotW usually relate personally to the PCs and the entanglements allow you to flesh out the world using a character's connections to different parts of it. As such all the bigger picture stuff feels restrictive to telling that kind of personalised narrative.

I guess the lesson to be learned here is two-fold. Firstly setting and a system can individually be good and just not match, I still think LotW has a really interesting setting. Secondly that the amount or focus of a setting should fundamentally be driven by the kinds of narratives you're expecting to tell in that setting.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.