[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >decide to run JoJo's game using SSS homebrew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: bitchcat.png (48KB, 215x191px) Image search: [Google]
bitchcat.png
48KB, 215x191px
>be me
>decide to run JoJo's game using SSS homebrew
>do a week's worth locale research through e-tourism to emulate that Araki tourist hype
>tell players to be keen on parts 7 and 8 because that has the kind of power-to-effect scale I like
>everyone agrees, tells me they're good for that, no qualms
>one player has a good Stand, two have iffy concepts that seem a little off (one's sound-based and didn't try to do anything Echoes did), all three are good sports during game and do plenty
>3 sessions in, one player admits he's never read JoJo's before and just watched the anime a little and was turned off by it
>other two players agree, the most experienced one only watched up to part 2 and stopped
>get butthurt enough to call the game off

am I a sperg for taking offense and not wanting to run the game any further, realizing they lack the thematic muscle to flex what I want to see?

More importantly, is this common? People joining games where they have not even the slightest idea of the source material expecting to absorb all of it in the process instead of doing homework when asked?
>>
>>55067939
Yes, yes, and yes
if they seemed interested in the game there wasn't much of a reason to stop it
in almost every game that requires "homework," people will either not do it, do it half-assed and not remember fuck all, or that 1% of people will actually do it
this is why short setting primers are a thing, even if it does have a show
>>
>>55067939
Yeah you sound like a pretty huge shitheel
>>
>>55067987

so that justifies lying about it and insisting they're good for something they aren't?

i didn't ask them to drill themselves on it until they had as much of an understanding as i do, they all answered "yes" when i asked if they've read up to the most recent parts and remember most of it at least generally.

i mostly play exalted, man. i know what it's like to know fuck-all about a setting and just gun it, but this felt like I was over-catering to pretty much only myself. part of the big Mood of JoJo's writing is that bullshit one-upping that always happens.

you know what bullshit one-upping needs? a second person to bounce off of. None of them were willing to try that because they didn't see the appeal.
>>
>>55068128
>My friends wanted to play a game with me
>They didn't read spend thirty hours researching first
>They're fucking faggots
You are the definition of a social retard. You need actual, real help from a professional. That or you're throwing out pretty decent bait. Either way, I'm hiding this shrine to autism you call a thread and moving on.
>>
>>55068175
Nigga it takes an hour tops to go to the fucking JJBA wiki and read up on part 7 and 8, the characters and the Stands.
And providing OP isn't bullshitting, yeah his players are total faggots for going "Oh yeah, I would love to run a game based on the anime I watched and didn't like."
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.