[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 59

File: 1503449617098.jpg (50KB, 564x964px) Image search: [Google]
1503449617098.jpg
50KB, 564x964px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go Edition:
What kind of adventuring equipment would your character try to bring into a masquerade ball? Would she try to sneak it in or just wear it openly?

/pfg/ Link Repository: https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>55051387
>>
>>55064278
>What kind of adventuring equipment would your character try to bring into a masquerade ball?

Their noble's outfit and signet ring, of course! My character is a finely-bred nobleman of exquisite pedigree, with the mind and manners of a courtly man, there is nothing he should have to hide from his peers except perhaps a sword cane.
>>
>>55064278
You're not thinking far enough outside the box on this one. It's not what I can sneak in. I'm the one being snuck in. After all, who would dare try to separate the young noblewoman from her new favorite porcelain doll?

Creepy doll halfling singlehandedly redeemed what has always been my least favorite fantasy race in every other D&D-like.
>>
>>55064401
How in the world does an escape artist check help you get into a party, or help you avoid being seen
>>
File: 1503256633214.jpg (557KB, 900x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1503256633214.jpg
557KB, 900x1116px
How do you fix Corruptions /PFG/ I really want to use them as a mechanic in my campaign but taking away characters after three failed saves seems far too harsh.
>>
>>55064454
Don't make it three failed saves. Keep giving your PCs choices--if they choose something that would feed their corruption, or that is generally evil, their corruption advances.
>>
>>55064454
Just make the players understand their characters have gone evil and they must remain IC, in sort of a similar way when a CG character gets Reverse Alignment'ed.
>>
>>55064454
Take a look at PLD's system, it seems to be working for them.
>>
>>55064278
He'd just stomp in with his full gear on and growl at anybody who says he isn't the striking image of modern fashion sensibilities.
>>
Is there any bard spells that could be classified as dark magic?
>>
>>55064541
Define dark magic first.
>>
>>55064541
I mean, yeah. Lots that COULD be considered dark magic. In the level 1 spell list alone there's

Beguiling Gift: A spell made entirely for lying
Cause Fear: Scares people
Charm Person: Denies someone their free will
HIdeous Laughter: Fucks someone right up with laughpain
Poisoned Egg: Make poison for which to kill someone
Unnatural Lust: This one's even a sin
Ventriloquism: Attempting to pass off ventriloquist as a profession or a kind of entertainer to children in this day and age is pretty much evil.
>>
>>55064278
If she suspected that shit might go down she might wear her armour under her dress. She doesn't need to sneak in weapons since she can summon one instantly. If she has access to the premises before the event she might stash her vigilante equipment somewhere out of the way, just in case.
>>
>>55064278
>What kind of adventuring equipment would your character try to bring into a masquerade ball? Would she try to sneak it in or just wear it openly?
A set of armor that can be summoned and banished at will, first of all. Then a wand up her snatch.
>>
File: RwbyWeissWinter.png (247KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
RwbyWeissWinter.png
247KB, 500x701px
Do your party members ever sexually bully each other?
>>
>>55064548

Spells that scream "I'm a bad guy."
>>
>>55064677
Yes.
>>
>>55064677
The team healer seems to have only joined the game on condition that they were allowed to molest their friend's PC.
>>
>>55064677
ERP is genuinely the worst thing to grace God's Green Golarion.

I've seen multiple people on Roll20 in the last month try to convert published Paizo APs into ERP games in the past month, and have already killed myself.
>>
>>55064278
I'd check out some of the corsets that exist in the game. One is even classified as armour.
>>
File: 23-4089efj.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
23-4089efj.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
So! Who all's excited for the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?
>>
Aside from the slightly expensive cost, why is water of maddening so strong? Passing the save means you can't do jack but run, and a failed check is stupidly harsh for a simple lvl2/3 spell
Plus an alchemist can just chuck them at people since he'll always produce multiple vials of them at a lower cost and faster time
Is there anything i'm missing?
>>
>>55064724
>and have already killed myself
Wait, then how are you posting if you're a ghost?
>>
>>55064682
Dominate spells. fear effects, crushing despair, Dirge of Victorious Knights if you want that LE evil, Shadow spells, Visions of Hell, Summon Accuser and Summon Infernal host, Phobia, Feast on Fear, Overwhelming Presence, Nightmare, Smug Narcissism and Cure Light Wounds.
>>
>>55064677
You mean "do PCs ever rape other PCs"?

I'm pretty sure that hasn't even happened in a shitfest like PLD. You want the FATAL thread, not /pfg/.
>>
>>55064739
I might finally be able to finish the second book of Reign of Winter since it has been on a hiatus for over a month now and I can't wait to disappoint my players with how underwhelming the final fight is. I also get to use a character that originated as a background joke for another character.
>>
>>55064739
Hopefully the next session of the colourful, swashbuckling airships game will be this weekend. We've managed too steal back my mother's ship (she was a tiefling pirate lord who disappeared mysteriously with her ship drifting back too port). While now having too get a crew, rearm the ship and delve into secrets about a book that rewinds time too the previous dawn or dusk when the owner dies and the coming of an undead pirate fleet in search of it.

I'm a level 5 swashbuckler and got a level 5 investigator as well. I've been agonising over where too take my flying blade swashbuckler next.
>>
File: JJBA 07 - 061-024.png (363KB, 875x1400px) Image search: [Google]
JJBA 07 - 061-024.png
363KB, 875x1400px
>>55064523
If he's not powerful enough to grab the first napkin, then he doesn't get to determine modern fashion sensibilities.

>>55064677
No. I've had two married couples at my PF game, and it was PG-13.

>>55064739
Work. While I'm there, I'll be making a reference guide for the Ordained Defender / Forgemaster of Dumathoin.

I also have to cut/paste Forgotten Realms material for the above Gold Dwarf from the Smoking Mountains, and the Moon Elf Kensai / Admixture Evoker from Silverymoon that have found themselves in the Old Empires (not!Delian League).

I think I have to make a pregen for a Halfling Warlord / Archaeologist (Bard) since the guy didn't show up last time.
>>
>>55064739

I'm planning to apent it comi g up and writting the backstory and personality of a steppe Tiefling.
>>
>>55064748
It's a ghost post.
>>
>>55064788

Oh? Can you share the joke, or would that be telling?
>>
Should PC be banned from entering a tavern with their halberds and polearms in hand? Would armor be banned too?
>>
File: 613611.jpg (190KB, 580x477px) Image search: [Google]
613611.jpg
190KB, 580x477px
>>55064794

From whom did you reacquire the ship? Do you have anything specific in mind for the crew or armament?
>>
>>55064788
Don't let the final fight be underwhelming! You're the DM, spice it up so they feel satisfied once it's over.
>>
>>55064906
Put a barrel by the door like restaurants do for umbrellas.
>>
>>55064906
Armor probably isn't a problem, since it's almost purely protective, though it might get them some weird looks. Obvious weapons should probably be banned and left at the door no matter what they are.
>>
>>55064677
yes.

the bookshelf never stood a chance.
>>
File: f35222x_04.jpg (39KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
f35222x_04.jpg
39KB, 640x425px
>>55064838

How did they find themselves there?
>>
File: op345.jpg (66KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
op345.jpg
66KB, 940x627px
>>55064850

Do you have anything down thus far? Any particular direction you'd like to take?
>>
>>55064881
The joke really was that she was his nagging, generic noblewoman wife who had a tendency of fainting after the latest gruesome trophy was brought in and that my character only dodged a divorce because he always flew out the window when somebody brought the papers on the table. Now she is and the complete opposite, being a capricious prankster and a loving wife despite the husband having a tendency of scaring away visitors by brooding on the house like a common grotesque.

>>55064906
Depends. Usually open carrying means that you are either a mercenary or a guard in most cities and armor is just a different type of status symbol. In some cities there might be restrictions due to harsh laws and nasty rulers (such as in Irrisen you can't carry anything larger than a dagger and more protective than a leather armor without attracting attention of the man eating troll guards of the place)

>>55064916
Thing is that were I to spice it it would be a completely different encounter considering the context and the problem with it is not the fight itself, but the enemy being not something you'd expect as the ending fight of a book.
>>
Just using 1pp material only what's is the best way to build a magical girl?
>>
>>55064973
There's a vigilante archetype just for that, Sailor Moon transformation and cute animal familiars included.
>>
>>55064973

>Play a Magical Child Vigilante
>Take a Mauler Familiar-your pet's vigilante identity is an Improved Familiar, so it's pretty much the only way to get a Mauler IF
>>
>>55064906
Depends entirely on the strength of the local leadership and their proximity to the establishment. If you're in a metropolis ruled over by a wizard-king, it doesn't matter if you're Big Shit Level 18 Paladin Glorai'el. Your stick goes in the barrel.

If you're in a smallish town with guards comprised of local militiamen far away from the nearest army? Nobody ought to say anything as long as the weapon stays on your back.

That said, there's no good time to enter even the dinkiest of taverns with your weapon drawn and ready, unless you plan to rob and/or kill someone inside. If the place isn't tough enough to run you out, then the place is now closed and you are in charge until you leave.
>>
>>55064951

Crunch wise is more or less done. I have already chosen the name, family, lifestyle, and birthplace. Now, I need to figure out themes fitting such character and a good backstory to explain all her skills.
>>
>>55064959
Is it at least a cathartic ending fight? If it turns out to be some old man that you can't really make into a BBEG that's understandable, so long as it's dramatically fulfilling.
>>
>>55064912
Another pirate lord who took over what was left of my mother's things (manor house, dock, the ship itself) while I was young and away from the floating city we are based in.

My plan is too try and draw in some of her old crews, along with the usual claims of acquiring treasure, etc. We managed too already "recruit" a witch and half-orc.

I'm planning on us running some merchant raider type operations against other pirates. Let them think we are just defenceless merchants then attack when they board to get our first cannons.
>>
>>55064998
...... I was already stuck between deciding on picking up Unchained or Intrigue next. This has me leaning more heavily towards Intrigue.
>>
What the hell is even happening in PLD lately anyways?
>>
>>55065067
Who cares?
>>
File: Faerun Map.jpg (4MB, 3197x2129px) Image search: [Google]
Faerun Map.jpg
4MB, 3197x2129px
>>55064942
The Smoking Mountains are close to Chessenta, so a Gold Dwarven prospector could simply walk there.

The Moon Elf hasn't sent me his backstory because I haven't sent him the Realmslore.
>>
>>55065057
Why not just use the PFSRD and have access to everything, then buy the pdfs with stuff you know you like?
>>
>>55065124
It would be for HeroLab, not a physical book. I mean, I have a great number of the pdfs courtesy of troves but that's more for having them. I don't buy anything for HeroLab unless I'm actually going to use it.
>>
>>55065174
Oh. That makes perfect sense. I just make my own sheets so that had not occurred to me.
>>
Are halberds in pathfinder proper halberds or are they closer to polleaxes?
>>
>>55065207
In pathfinder it's basically a longspear that you can also chop people with if you choose, so take that as you will.
>>
>>55065187
No worries. I like to make custom paper sheets as well, but HeroLab has a definite convenience to it, especially when throwing something together quickly or seeing how things would work out.
>>
>>55063481
JJ is a piece of shit. Why would you accept his errata of Her purity but reject Buhlman's errata of feats and items?
>>
>>55065257
Because JJ's stuff is subjective. It can be taken as good or bad.

Buhlman's erratas are often just shit.
>>
>>55064998
That archetype isn't very good though from what I've seen. Worth dipping for the transformation I guess
>>
>>55064516
>Unlimited Rape Works
>working
>>
File: BotB P15.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
BotB P15.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>55064998
>>55065309
You don't need to be a magical child vigilante in order to get a transformation sequence
>>
what's the worst mistake you can make when playing an AP or campaign? As in "didn't read the setting notes" bad mistake.

I'll start us off

>Never play a Mesmerist in Iron Gods.
>>
>>55065327
I want to frick frack that paddy whack.
>>
>>55065309

It's a viable choice for Dragon Disciple, though.
>>
>>55065309
Someone suggested taking mauler familiar earlier, which could make it pretty solid with the right choices, particularly with a dip into Eldritch Guardian fighter. Mauler's Toughness and a high Con go a long way to your familiar's survivability.
>>
>>55064769
That's a little shocking. Isn't it a game about rape?
>>
Ensoulment greentexts when?
>>
>>55064906
The problem is this encourages weapon theft, which in turn encourages PCs to just brazenly break the rule or avoid socialization completely.
>>
>>55065387
PLD is about the PCs getting raped by monsters.
If you mean FATAL, then you're wrong, but only in that it isn't a "game" in the first place.
>>
>>55065067
Ask one of the players or Vult
>>
>>55065317
Can we not?
>>
>>55065067
Rape.
>>
>>55065327
Hmm maybe a warloc vigilante with the magical transformation talent would make for a better magical girl
>>
>>55065299
There is no realm where chastity somehow excluding ladyfucking is a good change
>>
>>55065344
>make a party without a wizard in RotR
>>
File: corruption codex.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
corruption codex.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>55064454
Unironically, look at Everyman Gaming : Corruption Codex (as provided). Augunas may be a furry in denial, but he does address the problem. Jolly worked on it, too!
>>
>>55064925
An armored PC's entering a tavern? No problem.
However, an armored PC's attending a wedding, may raise a couple of red flags.
>>
>>55065395
I hope they killed C3
>>
>there are up to 25 people around the world right now with nothing better to do except bitch about someone playing an ERP pathfinder game
This is why the Alt Right is growing
>>
Why are hobgoblins so god damn good?

Are there stats anywhere for a bugbear PC race?
>>
>>55065421
>PLD is about the PCs getting raped by monsters.
Oh. I thought they like got turned into monsters or something. Figured that could open some doors to intraparty rape.
>>
>>55065511
That happens too, as a byproduct
>>
>>55065501
They're generally good but don't have any super cool specialties.
>>
>>55065498
Fuck off, ya Nazi prick
>>
>>55065501
A better hobgoblin adventure would be nice. Something with diplomacy and pitched battles and shit
>>
>>55065511
Intra party vanilla you mean

With knots
>>
>>55065558
Has Cashmere gotten loved tenderly yet?
>>
>>55065067
They fought off a Kraken a bit ago and now are sounding out a new city and attending a banquet for slaying an infamous dragon.
>>
>>55065543
Hobgoblin legion game.
>>
>>55065594
Fucking badass. Legionaries, warmages, fucken hob commandos and shit
>>
I want to play a character that tries to be dark and edgy but keeps getting brought into lighthearted situations by his good-aligned family and friends!
>>
>>55065574
>sounding out a new city
>sounding
IS NOTHING SACRED TO YOU PEOPLE
>>
Would a Psionic power that fucks with an enemies nervous system be Psycho-Metabalism or Telepathy?
>>
>>55065607
>hobs
>magic users
Look at this fucking elf with his fancy magic
>>
>>55065650
Hobgoblins only hate arcane magic.

Alchemy, Psionics, Divine shit is all good.
>>
>>55065476
>only two kitsune, one is a tiny image and the last is in the back of the book

it's okay
>>
>>55065570
Vults working on that
>>
>>55065624
Yes, but certainly not stretchy, fun urethras
>>
>>55065650
Nigger, read a book. They literally have warmages
>>
>>55065395
Not a greentext, but quickly...
Downtime session:
Sibyl goes to buy fabric to make clothes for the previously rescued destitute dwarves while Derrin goes to petition the court to do the same without telling each-other, narrowly avoid redundant charity. Matheo tours the city with his beloved and eventually falls in with Derrin and Sibyl in their clothe the poor project. They discuss the nature of charity while working.

Meanwhile, the non-good partymembers engage in a hotsprings episode, which culminates in a discussion of their motivations and aspirations for the campaign as they get drunk off Illaria conjured wine in a hotspring. Rae gets insecure.

Sometime between this, Derrin and Ichabod both utilize the kings uncle (Vavrin), Lote's head priest, to send letters home through sending. The prince-priest also offers to scry Derrin's hometown, and confirms at least that isn't burnt to the ground. Also Derrin knowledge religion-ed a book he was reading as ancient oldgod evil cult stuff, priest assures him it is relevant to the next quest. Paranoia abounds OOC despite Vavrin's helpful nature, probably because he is uncle and trusted adviser of a goodly king,and at least a 9th level primary caster, bad signs narratively speaking.
>>
>>55065496
Please, C3 is the campaign's endboss.
>>
>>55065700
Yeah, no, that's repulsive
>>
>>55065694
Vult, don't false flag. Just admit that you're working on it. Be a man.
>>
>>55065739

Don't knock it 'til you can fit a thumb in
>>
>>55064278
She'd take off her armor, but probably not the rest of her magical shit. That's what disguise items are for. Gotta be ready to punch somebody in half.
>>
Do you think the magic sleeves could become some titties
>>
>>55065731
Fuck off, Kawase. Your level three Deicide Hitler will die a trivial death
>>
>>55065756
Sounds like a good way to get a urinary tract infection.
>>
>>55065803
No bad ways to get a UTI, I always say.
>>
>>55065693
Eh. I don't have a problem with it, but I know some here will flip out at the sight of an errant ear tuft, so better to be cautious.
>>
>>55064278
A pair of derringers on little spring-loaded mechanisms hidden up the sleeves of his coat, like in Django Unchained, Taxi Driver, etc.
>>
Discipline Errata when?
>>
>>55064278
Some kind of mostly-decorative saber should be easy enough to find an excuse for. If not that, he can probably sneak in a dagger.
>>
>http://paizo.com/products/btpy9vmf?Aethera-Campaign-Setting

E-Eberron?
>>
>>55065794
>Deicide Hitler
the very term sounds amusing.
did Adolf join the Stargate program or something?
>>
>>55065942
Never ever
>>
>>55064278
My bard uses light blades as part of his performance, so they either let him use them or they're without entertainment for the night
No he won't use your shitty reproductions, that's like putting a net under a trapezist and he won't be insulted by having to use training wheels for amateurs
>>
>>55066046
Guess I'm never allowing PoW then.
>>
>>55064278

What kind of dress would a tiefling wear?
>>
Is it a good idea let my players know about the dynamic magic item creation in Unchained?

They are likely to jump into it, and I don't know if this will be beneficial for them.
>>
>>55066086
Good.
>>
>>55066088
Whatever kind she likes, what's with these stupid questions? They're people. There is no one right answer, fuck.
>>
File: Casca_Royal_Ball.png (322KB, 512x800px) Image search: [Google]
Casca_Royal_Ball.png
322KB, 512x800px
>>55066088
>>
>>55066088
One with a pocket to hide her cock.
>>
>>55066105
Some people just need validation of their choices or are simply unaware that they can actually make their own choices.

No need to get upset about it, no matter how much you pity them.
>>
>>55066088
See >>55066122
Extra poofy dresses a best, too
>>
>>55066132
You're right. Sorry.
>>
>>55066105
I assume it's either the anime idiots trying to fill up the non-anime threads quicker with inane chatter, or the anti-anime idiots trying to keep their threads on top of the anime threads in the catalog.
>>
>>55066113

>basing a character on Casca.

Dont tempt fate.
>>
A question that's been sticking in my mind for a bit:

Did Ancient Thassilon or Azlant know of, or have, psychic casters in their ranks? Where DO psychic casters come from in Golarion? Are there any high level psychics?
>>
I have about 6 days to make a campaign for 2 players (possibly 3), any ideas?

I don't exactly have the time to put forward an extensive plot, and there's not enough players to go really combat heavy. I guess I could just dump gold on them to kit then out in extra gear to replace a third player, but that seems lazy. Our groups are usually an even mix of social interactions and combat, but we tend to shy away from extensive downtime or political intrigue. There's been mild interest for a couple of concepts I've pitched but it's all been the kind of "just enough support to seem polite but they're not really into it" type of thing.

Any ideas?
>>
>>55066259
Novel idea - ask your players what kind of campaign they want to play.
>>
>>55066406
Your sarcasm is noted, and dismissed. I think you'll see in my last post that I already tried talking to them and didn't get a satisfying answer. Lots of non-committal and non- confrontational nothing that I can't use to lead me in any direction, basically.
>>
File: Dawn_of_Worlds_game_1_0Final.pdf (830KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn_of_Worlds_game_1_0Final.pdf
830KB, 1x1px
>>55066259
Do a lazy darkest dungeon type game or frontier building thing. Investigate shit, fight off threats, start to build an 'important' place and then later have them return to it with a full group.

Maybe start the session with a dawn of worlds game
>>
>>55066596
That's worth a thought, thanks.
>>
>>55066259
They're sailors on an exploring/merchant vessel going along !Africa or !India.
The rest of the crew are decent sailors but bumblefuck sort of adventurers.
If a player doesn't show up, the party can choose a bumblefuck or two to shore up their weaknesses.
>>
>>55066088
Really cute ones that accentuate the figure while also cultivating a sense of class
>>
>>55066220
They probably did, and would've studied/enslaved any they found. Remember, the Aboleth would be highly interested in psionic humans on account of their own psionic abilities, too
>>
>>55066955
>>55066220

Occult casters as in Occultists, Mediums, Mesmerists, Spiritualists, Kineticists, and Psychics, not Psionic classes.
>>
>>55066984
I guess we have only one now.
>>
File: 1488155567366.jpg (280KB, 1920x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1488155567366.jpg
280KB, 1920x1093px
How many siblings should a character have? Which omes are the most likely to go into adventure, become warrios, mercenaries or soldiers? The younger? Older? Middle ones?
>>
>>55067026
The eldest is most likely to stay at home and take over the homestead/business. All others are fair game. Think of adventuring like the seminary, a place for second sons.
>>
>>55067026
>How many siblings should a character have?

Depends, a nobleman might only have three children. A farmer might have seven.

>Which omes are the most likely to go into adventure, become warrios, mercenaries or soldiers? The younger? Older? Middle ones?

The younger ones, especially in places that operate under primogeniture succession laws. The Norman Conquests were defined by second sons scouring the Mediterranean for a slice of land to claim as their own, and in fact those very conquerors were known as "Adventurers."
>>
>>55067077
Unless you don't have a family business. Then the first born trying to make their fortune to take home to their family is just a common.
>>
>>55067026

Elder inherit. Second to the church. Younger is the most extroverted. Nobody remembers the middle one.
>>
File: 1392479492807.jpg (54KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
1392479492807.jpg
54KB, 305x309px
>>55067106
>Unless you don't have a family business

>Middle Ages/Renaissance setting
>Don't have a family business
>>
>>55067120
From what I've read of the middle ages and renaissance they also didn't have Wizards and Dragons, so.....

I know, i know, if we aren't playing the way you do then it's wrong. sorry.
>>
>>55067120
Servants, poor people, immigrants, refugees, war collateral damage, etc.
>>
File: 1432841581038.jpg (130KB, 735x847px) Image search: [Google]
1432841581038.jpg
130KB, 735x847px
>>55067152
>Middle Ages/Renaissance setting
>Immigrants and refugees
>Implying the children of servants didn't become servants themselves
>Implying poor people didn't have jobs

>>55067145
>What is verisimilitude
>>
>>55067152
None of those things exist outside of your anime, moron. We're talking about the real world.
>>
>>55067186
Fine, you're right, your generalization about how people lived is completely accurate through any and all examples, nobody was different for any reason. Well done, you solved history.
>>
>>55067194
You really don't think poor people exist outside anime? Actually, I don't think I've ever even seen a poor person in an anime ever, what the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
File: frustratedelf.png (77KB, 600x332px) Image search: [Google]
frustratedelf.png
77KB, 600x332px
>>55067110

>nobody remembers the middle one.
>>
>>55067194
Now you're just being silly.
>>
>>55067186
inorite! cuz the aforementioned wizards and dragons are all cool, but once you have that family business then everything just turns to shit!

(that totally doesn't seem autistic at all)
>>
>>55067231
I'm shocked, sir, SHOCKED that you would insinuate that I was being any less than purely serious.
>>
>>55067106
I suppose if the family business was the only orphanage in town, and both your 'parents' burned alive inside of it when the orcs attacked, and you go off to bring back money to rebuild the orphanage for all 18 of your adopted siblings.

Then the answer is 18 siblings and approximately three quarters chosen at random.
>>
>>55067351
Or someone else's 3rd son sets up shop near you and puts you out of business. Then you have to find some way to support your parents who are too old to move to something or somewhere new, and just doing work in the home shop isn't going to cut it.
I mean that's just the first answer I pulled out of my ass but there's lots of reasons a first born would try to strike out on their own.
>>
File: ElfLoevFrenchfries.jpg (332KB, 1456x1112px) Image search: [Google]
ElfLoevFrenchfries.jpg
332KB, 1456x1112px
enough poor people! its time for elves and potatoes!
>>
>>55067383
Do you think this "3rd son" hired the orcs? The rat fucking bastard.
>>
>>55067387
>tfw you will never introduce chubby elf to poutine
>>
Is opium a legitimate business? Would opium dens be a thing in a setting inspired by the 15th century?
>>
>>55067383
Or illness takes your father when you're too young to have learned much about the business, so your mother sells you to apprentice somewhere else. This isn't your family business, you can't have your son's take this over, it won't last forever, you'll have to make your own way eventually.

>>55067439
I know you mean this as a joke but I legitimately can't find the funny part, it's like white noise.
>>
>>55066984
Sane logic applies minus the part where Abbies share the power. The greater powers would always be curious about these strange people either offering them new avenues to power or threatening them
>>
>>55067445
>Is opium a legitimate business?
It's a drug, and the chinese legend for its creation was that there was a beautiful woman who ended up in an arranged marriage with a farmer, things seemed good at first, but then he turned abusive. Things continued on for some time, but they never were able to conceive which led to the farmer being more abusive, eventually beating his wife to death. There was a tearful ceremony and she was buried on their land. Some time later the farmer is 'haunted' by her ghost, who tells him he is forgiven and that she wants to give him a gift because she loved him. She tells him to harvest the poppies growing over her grave and teaches him the secret of making opium, and tells him that by smoking it he'll be able to experience such peace as she has.

Welp, turns out she was actually a vengeful spirit and that opium ruined her husband, causing him to lose his lands and become destitute.

So to answer your question. No. Opium is more of a curse than anything, that shit ruins people.
>>
>>55067505

>Opium is more of a curse than anything, that shit ruins people.

Of course. But was it legal?
>>
>>55067511
Of course.
>>
>>55067511

Up until the late 1700s, I think. Of course, the Opium Wars pretty much ruined the attempt at opium prohibition.
>>
>>55067560
It was a prescription drug in the US up until the last century.
>>
>>55067444
Chubbyelf likes public baths too. they later introduce a halfling who loves candy a bit too much. And a dark elf who's butt is a bit too big.
>>
How would you feel about a PC bard who owns or works at an opium's den?
>>
>>55067654
evil alignment.

you dont have to be there long to see how it fucks people up. opium is predatory.
>>
>>55067640

>Bit too big
You take that back you lying scalawag.
>>
>>55067706

>evil alignment.

I can live with that. What worries is if it is too real.
>>
>>55066027
No, more Spelljammer than Eberron.
>>
File: Werewolftribute.jpg (184KB, 728x1109px) Image search: [Google]
Werewolftribute.jpg
184KB, 728x1109px
>>55067748
cute. werewolves.
>>
>>55067799
He draws good stuff.
>>
File: Werewolfanatomy.jpg (197KB, 728x1128px) Image search: [Google]
Werewolfanatomy.jpg
197KB, 728x1128px
>>55067841
Probably because there's some understanding of anatomy there too. It's not just silly noodle-people without bones or muscles.
>>
File: elfleotard.jpg (394KB, 2053x2053px) Image search: [Google]
elfleotard.jpg
394KB, 2053x2053px
>>55067841
I prefer this sort of elf in leotard though.
>>
Does Overlewd post greentext anymore?
>>
>>55068129
I don't think anyone posts their greentexts anymore.
>>
>>55068162
Just Blingmaker, in characteristically drawn out fashion.
>>
File: Sippysnaek.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
Sippysnaek.gif
2MB, 270x188px
POST CUTE FAMILIARS
>>
>>55068162
That's too bad. I wanted to know what thicc dragon and six-armed girl are up to.
>>
File: Fruitbat.png (559KB, 800x765px) Image search: [Google]
Fruitbat.png
559KB, 800x765px
>>55068424
>>
File: 1503459311143.jpg (253KB, 900x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1503459311143.jpg
253KB, 900x1062px
>>55068424
Okay
>>
>>55068424
>>
File: KoakumaFingermagic.jpg (75KB, 523x800px) Image search: [Google]
KoakumaFingermagic.jpg
75KB, 523x800px
>>55068424
meta.
>>
File: LawfulCanada.jpg (129KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
LawfulCanada.jpg
129KB, 900x1200px
>>55068424
Animal Companion.
>>
File: QHdJy0Q.png (874KB, 692x915px) Image search: [Google]
QHdJy0Q.png
874KB, 692x915px
>>55068424
Cat familiars are good too.
>>
File: 1490587025500.jpg (79KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1490587025500.jpg
79KB, 1024x768px
>>55068471
This doing it for you?
>>
File: Dapper Rabbit.jpg (585KB, 2036x1725px) Image search: [Google]
Dapper Rabbit.jpg
585KB, 2036x1725px
>>55068424
>>
>>55068471
What is this animal? Some kind of owl-bear or griffin?
>>
>>55067026
My character has ten siblings! The oldest passed away, though. He was a brave warrior who was killed by trolls!
But the rest still live.
>>
File: Dance Birb.gif (932KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
Dance Birb.gif
932KB, 258x258px
>>55068424
>>
File: mchtk.png (44KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
mchtk.png
44KB, 256x256px
>>55068424
>>
File: ColorSnake.jpg (171KB, 985x1023px) Image search: [Google]
ColorSnake.jpg
171KB, 985x1023px
>>55068424
>in during highly oversaturated picture that wouldn't actually be this color.
Would make a great quezacouatl inspired celestial familiar though.
>>
File: Froggloves.jpg (57KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
Froggloves.jpg
57KB, 600x700px
>>55068818
What is it?

Also, does anyone have any frogs?
>>
File: Violet backed starling.jpg (50KB, 1024x579px) Image search: [Google]
Violet backed starling.jpg
50KB, 1024x579px
>>55068424
Birbs are the cutest!
>>
File: ColorfulArmor.jpg (77KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
ColorfulArmor.jpg
77KB, 500x705px
>>55068857
They do make pretty okay familiars, you can even wear matching armor like you're some sort of pokemon trainer
>>
File: BirbWife.jpg (56KB, 354x424px) Image search: [Google]
BirbWife.jpg
56KB, 354x424px
>>55068857
<3
>>
File: 1390355548902.jpg (513KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1390355548902.jpg
513KB, 1920x1080px
>>55068820
I think this is the same kind of danger ramen
>>
>>55068912
Nah I saw a big write-up about it on reddit they're fairly normal colored type of pit viper, the exact species I posted was (I believe) an african bush viper... and a lot of shit websites like pinterest go around either extremely oversaturating pictures of them or outright photoshopping the colors.

They do have a lot of variation in color (blue, black, green, red/brown and yellow/brown), they live in trees and they're pretty venomous for their tiny size (18-24in adult) and there isn't an anti-venom for them.

That said I'm not an expert on snakes so some shit may be wrong.
>>
>>55068223
wich Blingmaker wud u fugg?
>>
>>55069124
>wich
I think you just answered that question for me, Anon.
>>
How do I into witch?
>>
>>55069332

Have sex with a hag.
>>
>>55069124
Kyras because he's a dork that probably gives good head
>>
>>55069383
I know he does. Just ask Seht
>>
>>55069332
Take Evil Eye and/or Slumber, then take Cackle. You are now an invaluable debuffer.
>>
Important question. Is it immoral as a DM to ship player characters together and orchestrate scenarios for no reason except to spur on romance between them?
>>
>>55069707
That sounds cute
>>
>There are two spells you can use to transform into an object
>Tree shape doesn't give you a lot of options
>Polymorph any object is high level and the rules are vague garbage
>Metamorphosis let you transform into objects in 3.5, but that option was removed in pathfinder
>There are options to possess objects, but they just leave a wizard corpse on the ground labeled "Stab me"

Am I being too picky? Magical stealth seems fun, and invisibility seems boring compared to transforming into a chair or a sword. I'm kinda surprised how few options there are.
>>
>>55069707
Yeah, it is.
You're cheapening everyone else's enjoyment, and stifling natural development, just so that you can get your rocks off.

What you want for the characters might not be what they want. Forcing the issue is not just immoral, it's rude.
>>
>>55069707
Consider that you might be ruining the romance that is already in progress between other characters, and that you didn't notice because of your shipping goggles. How would you feel if someone up and declared that you couldn't be with someone you liked just because they wanted an arranged marriage to go off without a hitch.
>>
>>55069785
>>55069800
What if I'm not making the pairings and I'm just throwing in an abnormal amount of ballroom dances, beautiful stars, and light snow?
>>
>>55069822
>>55069707
If you are even considering something this invasive, you need to back the fuck up and think long and hard about why you actually want to run a game. This is the same fucking shit as if you were to tell your players "NO, you HAVE to journey through the piss forest, because shut up you just do!"

If you can't run your campaign without pushing your masturbatory fantasies onto your players, don't run it at all.
>>
>>55069822
Still an asshole thing to do if you're doing so with the intent to pair off two specific characters. If there is no reason for a thing to happen other than MUH OTP, don't do it.

If you are trying to convince yourself that "No, there's totally reasons other than that, I just need to think of some that ALSO isolate these two," then don't do it.
>>
>>55069822
That's not a problem. If they might like being together, they can be, and if they like other people, they'll use your opportunities for that. You're in the clear as long as everyone has access to these cute scenes
>>
>>55069822
That can work if it's just something that happens to the whole party. If you're doing it specifically with a big nudge-nudge wink-wink attitude towards the characters you're shipping, where you try to signal them to run off and bang, then it's a problem.

A good litmus test would be to ask yourself what you would think, say, or do if the "wrong" pairing ends up having a moment because of some random impetus like snow or stars. If you find yourself actually growing angry, or worse thinking of a way to exclude a character from the scene, you're doing it wrong and should scrap the whole idea.
>>
What's the CR of this BBEG I just made?

Human Cleric of Urgathoa 5 (Undead Lord) with Wight template
Has a skeleton as his companion, raises any dead body he can as a skeleton or zombie and turns any living enemy into a wight

He channels negative and has inflict wounds spells
>>
>>55069922
Looks to be about CR 8 if it's a wight with 5 class levels.
>>
>>55069707
Yes, it is.

>>55069822
The fact that you're trying to justify it after being told that it is is proof enough that your intentions are impure.
>>
Fuckin' triple apps.
>>
>>55069963
Try CR 10 since he has unusual and exceptionally deadly powers.
>>
>>55070864
Step up your game. Anything less than a quad app is admitting to be a beta cuck who will let randos in.
>>
>>55070925
>https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2516909/schrodingers-goddess
>not authorized
you're an idiot
>>
>>55070925
That's not a LFG listing, retard.
>>
>>55070928
>>55070932
It's been like a year and a half since I used Roll20. Gimme five minutes.
>>
>>55070928
>>55070932
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87353/schrodingers-goddess
It hit me that I literally hadn't used the LFG tool before. Thanks for knocking sense into me.
>>
File: laughing whores.jpg (45KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores.jpg
45KB, 446x400px
>>55070956
>Nodachi are forbidden
>>
>>55070956
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87353/schrodingers-goddess
You do know that the Child Goddess Cult is in Anker Te, right? Which is basically little India+China Town with undead. It's probably one of the few places in the inner Sea where having one is justifiable without too much bullshit.
>>
>>55070980
I do know, since I read up on it to compensate for being new.
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to point out, but just to get it in, Evil characters as well as everything to do with undead are permitted as long as they meet the other criteria.
If it's about the nodachi, call it the result of GMing experience. Forbidding one "cool" weapon, usually the largest katana-like weapon in the game, is a good way to filter out the top layer of retards because everyone else doesn't build their entire character around a "cool weapon".
>>
>>55071000
>Forbidding one "cool" weapon, usually the largest katana-like weapon in the game, is a good way to filter out the top layer of retards because everyone else doesn't build their entire character around a "cool weapon".
So you're just a massive fucking faggot then? Good to know. You filter out retards by doing just that, not arbitrarily banning "cool" weapons because you played with a fucktard once. The fact that you feel the need to do something like this tells me you probably won't be a very good GM.
>>
>>55071025
t. nodachi fag
>>
>>55071025
Tuvarkz pls.
>>
>>55071025
And your explosion of anger at a tiny little thing that you could talk out with people or even just register as a joke tells me that you probably won't be a very good player.
I meant it halfway as a joke, but obviously it works well in practice too.
>>
>>55071028
Nodachi's aren't a terribly good weapon in the first place. Greatswords do more damage and falchions get better crits. The sort of person that bans stuff for what amounts to a personal vendetta tend to be really shitty GMs.
>>55071035
Calling you a massive fucking faggot isn't an "explosion of anger" on 4chan. It's practically saying hello.
>>
>>55071045
I like to believe that by now I know the difference between someone being casual and someone being buttblasted. To be honest, it's because I've been on the latter side a few too many times by now.
>>
>>55071025
>you probably won't be a very good GM.

You couldn't tell from the from the formatting or the timezone?
>>
>>55071072
Eh, forum formatting can be weird sometime. It does seem a little off but I attributed that to it still being early.
>>55071061
You know, if I'm going to be honest with you, yeah I'm buttblasted now that I think about it. Not about the Nodachi thing but what it represents. Pathfinder is going to be a poor fit for you, I can almost guarantee it.

I'm not even going to go into how contradictory the lewd bullshit your trying to go for is, but you're setting yourself up for failure.
>>
>>55071035
I'd have to agree with >>55071123 on some level: a half serious ban on arbitrary flavor restrictions in a kitchen sink weirdness system like pathfinder doesn't bode well for how willing you'll be to tolerate other concepts that aren't to your style.
>>
>>55071123
>Eh, forum formatting can be weird sometime. It does seem a little off but I attributed that to it still being early.
It's not that.

The whole thing reeks of amateur nature - it's all long train of thought splurging everything out onto the page with no thought to who is reading and what information's there.

While yes, people who don't like to read shouldn't have any business in an online text roleplaying game, this shoddy invitation to play is going to turn away actually good players who can and should go for a GM who has a grip on aesthetics, layout and planning.

1: You can't understand what the game's about in the first paragraph. Huge failing right there.
2: No delination between in-character blurb and the actual rules.
3: No sections for character creation, weird explanations for why things are banned, weird flip flopping between "this is sex game" and "don't get too sexy"

It's just all over the place and no thought's been put into it at all. If this is an example of the GM's best - and it should be - then it's an indication the game's going to be slapshod and the GM is likely to give up and vanish since they have put no effort into it whatsoever.
>>
>>55071034
Eh, might run with an Urumi instead. Disc weapon for BS and EF
>>
>>55069782
Research a new spell for this.

Have your companions hide your body.
>>
>>55071273
I wrote out a whole post before, but the IP address I was using had gotten banned for CP back in 2015.
I've just moved to a new city and don't have a place I can sit down and write yet, so I wrote the first draft to commit to the game instead of just forgetting it. I don't have a lot of experience with Pathfinder or Roll20, either, so there might be more stupid mistakes.
I do take criticism, though. I like to think I prettied up the page, if only a little.
And I get the rest of your issues, but those cross the line between objective and subjective in my opinion. I'm the one running the game, I'm the one taking the fall if I do something stupid.
Better to try and fail than to never try.
>>
>>55071888
No worries. After all, the criticism is just by some random nobody on the internet, though it looks like two folks have made similar comments from what the previous anon said too.

After looking over it again, just getting the headings laid out nicely makes it easier to understand, and will attract a better class of roleplayer, which will mean players will more likely stick around. So, kudos on you for taking easy suggestions to heart.

Hope you get some good applicants!
>>
>>55069782
>>There are options to possess objects, but they just leave a wizard corpse on the ground labeled "Stab me"
Put yourself in a rope trick hole first.
>>
>>55071888

>Video and Voice

but why.
>>
>>55069782
Consider using illusion spells instead to disguise yourself, anon
>>
>>55072583
>put your body in a different dimension than the one you're in
That just screams "fuck my helpless and mindless body over eighteen ways to sunday you alien entities beyond the veil!!!!!!!"
>>
>>55072834
PLD please
>>
>>55072856
Nonsense, there's plenty of things that like playing in empty bodies.
>>
>>55071888
I get the voice thing, but video? Really?

This is 100% a bamboozle.
>>
>>55072628
>>55073224
Thanks for reminding me of that.
It's the default, so gimme a moment to change it.
>>
>>55073224
>>55073287
I've played in games with voice before, and Christ I prefer text. It doesn't even have to do with breaking immersion (I freely admit I'm a skinny neckbeardoid with a creepy beard and a creaky bass voice), but that it's much easier in my opinion to get everyone in on the game (and give them time for thinking/describing) with text.
>>
>>55073325
I hope my Texan friends are okay.

Have you ever been in a game where severe weather was a threat? Are we talking like, evil megastorm of death summoned by BBEG as a plague on earth or "just" a natural tornado or something?
>>
File: annoying.jpg (121KB, 773x677px) Image search: [Google]
annoying.jpg
121KB, 773x677px
>>55073325
Fucking this, 100%. Gods the voice games were horrible.

>yfw someone's watching hentai on their second screen for two hours and won't so much as switch to push to talk...
>>
Is there anyway to play a bard that uses an axe+magic?
>>
>>55068162
Intrigue did recently. Ensoulment did one two weeks ago.
>>
>>55073987
Arcane Duelist does okay.
>>
File: Sorceress 1.jpg (853KB, 885x4230px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress 1.jpg
853KB, 885x4230px
>>
File: Sorceress 2.jpg (902KB, 885x4308px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress 2.jpg
902KB, 885x4308px
>>55074319
>>
File: Cat get a load of this guy.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
Cat get a load of this guy.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>notice that Oracle mysteries on Nethys have deities next to them

Does... Anyone actually follow this? Would anyone actually care if I was a Sarenrae Worshipper with the Lunar mystery?
>>
File: Sorceress 3.jpg (600KB, 885x2937px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress 3.jpg
600KB, 885x2937px
>>55074339
You ever play a legacy character, /pfg/?
>>
>>55074354
No because you don't have to worship a deity to receive their Oracle bullishit. You could have Rovagug dump Oracle curse bullshit onto a paladin for example. Why? He's Chaotic Evil, I don't fucking know.
>>
>>55074432
Why is it even there then? I thought the whole point of Oracle shit was "nobody knows lmao"
>>
>>55074466
No one knows why a Deity might have done something. People can still usually figure out who handed it out.
>why is even there
At the risk of sounding like a fedora, Divine classes have some of the worst, most inconsistent, and hand wavy fucking fluff in the whole goddamn game.
>>
>>55074535
Well what do you expect? Bay Area hippies like Paizo are probably all softcore atheists who either had parents just like them or so strict they did everything they could to not be like them. The most intensive fluff you're going to get out of them with divine classes is going to be surface level material at best.
>>
>>55074671
>Paizo
No, I meant that for the whole of D&D period. Your /pol/ hateboner for californias has nothing to do with it.
>>
Okay guys, I've been without interwebs for a week of work innawoods, has anything cool happened in that time?
>>
>>55074356
No, but I'd like to
>>
File: Bootylicious Lolth.png (1MB, 1380x1720px) Image search: [Google]
Bootylicious Lolth.png
1MB, 1380x1720px
>>55074432
Lolth might have done something like this to Driz'zt Do'Urden.

>>55074535
>People can still usually figure out who handed it out.

Not if the gods have a far reaching plan.

In my game, I've already decided that Oracles must choose a deity. If I thought about it more, I should have had them not know who it was, but still have them receive prophecies to do stuff.
>>
>>55070956
>biweekly
>lewdgame
>multiple apps per person allowed
>I’m a pretentious second-rate novelist
Holy shit this looks beyond awful.
>>
>>55068559
A Meowl
>>
>>55074466
As suggestions for thematically appropriate choices I would assume.
>>
I want to play a Wizard who is a cartographer. What school of magic would be the most fitting?
>>
>>55076170
Divination and Conjuration.
>>
>>55076170
Divination, or Void
>>
>spot a build that does what I want, plus some extra stuff that will come in handy, for a reboot of an old character from a game that died super early
>it requires shifting fluff just a tiny bit, but that would have dramatic consequences for how the character would develop down the line
>not sure if I want that or not, since I liked what I had the first time

Divine classes were a mistake.
>>
>>55070956
>I’m a beginner at Pathfinder GMing
>Permitted 3pp is SoP, PoW
>Bloodforge

hahahaha
>>
File: 1451873016630.jpg (150KB, 721x1109px) Image search: [Google]
1451873016630.jpg
150KB, 721x1109px
RPGBOT just released his Kineticist handbooks, and i've never felt a stronger urge to play one.
Coincidentally i also have an upcoming campaign in 2 weeks.
Hold me /pfg/, i want to cave in, my party is already counting on me to be the bard, so i have a free pass to be useless anyway
>>
>>55076290
you're allowed to use 3pp for kineticists?
you don't have to be useless at all. with 3pp kineticists can become pretty fucking awesome.
>>
File: Halfling Ranger (Tanzenkat).jpg (91KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Halfling Ranger (Tanzenkat).jpg
91KB, 1024x1536px
>Going to make pregen Halfling Warlord / Arcaheologist (Bard) at work
>Forget blank character sheet

I still have tomorrow.

>>55076277
What did you want the first time, and what are you making now?
>>
>>55076290
>rpgbot

Shit taste, don't listen to him.
>>
What campaign should I run for a group of pretty much new players who would like to have exploration elements and are varying in mortality from wanting to be kind of NG to "I want to be able to rape and murder people"?

If you know any 3.5 or homebrew campaigns, that would also be good
>>
>>55076560
Reign of Winter works.
>>
>>55076560
>varying in mortality from wanting to be kind of NG to "I want to be able to rape and murder people"

doesn't sound like a very good party
>>
File: 1496081335697.jpg (409KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1496081335697.jpg
409KB, 1200x1920px
>>55076480
The original build has been lost to time, but I was thinking of retooling into a Sanctified Slayer Inquisitor of Cayden since I slapped Cayden on his first iteration and it fit (aimless wanderlust, loves drink) pretty well. Sarenrae is unironically starting to seem like a better pick though, especially if I follow that one meme and convince the GM to make Ravener Hunter be Charisma. Scimitar Proficiency, a trait for nonlethal damage, and Sun-Moon duality seem pretty rad.
>>
>>55076808
I kind of just want to see where it goes after talking to them a bit about this. The good people aren't committed to being that good anyway
>>
>>55076603
how open/railroad is that on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no free choice or rocks fall
>>
I just looked at what Archaeologist gives, and how it interacts with a Warlord's gambits. I can't make that gestalt for a pregen.

Can anyone recommend a gestalt uses Charisma, can use maneuvers, can disarm traps, and makes up for the lack of ranged combat in the group? The other PCs are a Kensai/Evoker and an Ordained Defender/Forgemaster.

>>55076838
>Sanctified Slayer
>Cayden
>Alcohol + Wanderlust

I'm not sure how that's going to work in roleplay.
>>
File: 1501578260298.jpg (368KB, 1280x1892px) Image search: [Google]
1501578260298.jpg
368KB, 1280x1892px
>>55077103
Honestly if I could get the same mechanics but as like, a Bard, that would be great. Inquisitor "just works", though.

>how that's going to work in roleplay
Slayer Study and Sneak Attack are both pretty easy to fluff as whatever you want. Battlefield sense, an uncanny eye for weak points, whatever. Cayden is known for being an adventurer who got so drunk he somehow became a god, so that doesn't particularly seem like it'd be hard to justify.

If anything, Switching to Sarenrae means I'd have to really think about what the fuck I'm doing, and try my best to ignore all the Sarenrae-snackbar memes from the thread. Given how much my group will tweak things and modify fluff as we see fit, it probably won't be too hard if we actually do reboot our RotRL game.
>>
File: bump-god.gif (73KB, 294x360px) Image search: [Google]
bump-god.gif
73KB, 294x360px
>>55077103
Dat file name
>>
File: Sorshen.jpg (120KB, 529x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sorshen.jpg
120KB, 529x900px
So you guys think the Runelords might have made Shabti of themselves on the off-chance they actually died? Asking for myself.
>>
File: 1499380736285.gif (218KB, 340x324px) Image search: [Google]
1499380736285.gif
218KB, 340x324px
Are metamagic feats ever good for 6th level casters
>>
>>55077103
>dat filename
Hi, I'm a Mormon, and I find this absolutely kek worthy
>>
>>55077616
Intensified Shocking Grasp with Magical Lineage. That is all.
>>
>>55077575
No, they made clones.
>>
Hey guys, is there any item that grants True Seeing under 10k gp and can be used without UMD? It doesn't need to be that long, just a few minutes.
>>
>>55077945
couldn't they have done both? You know, just in case?
>>
>>55078050
you can make one with the Magic Item Gold Piece Values table, but it would need to be limited in charges
>>
>>55077616
Silent Spell might be good, if only to craft Rifle Scrolls
>>
>>55077074
About 6/10.
(spoiler for RoW book 1, very early)
The PCs get Geased by a character who dies soon after. They get a +2 to one statistic of their choice, but they must find Baba Yaga. It's very lenient and it says that they can go and do side missions as long as their end goal is finding Baba Yaga.
>>
>>55078222
you don't even need the feat to make a scroll with metamagic, just add 5 to the craft dc
>>
>>55077461
>>55077663
Leaving relics and records for future adventures to find counts as a mythic plot.

How do the mythic versions of your party prank future adventurers centuries from now?

The dwarven cleric of Dumathoin would create secret mining tunnels in the shape of a Dethek rune that translates to "fuck orcs."

The elven magus would have to call in his favor from Velsharoon.
>>
>>55078799
I have been workshopping a campaign plot that is essentially the deity version of Gargoyles.

Basically the PCs will be frozen in stone for over a millenia, but they'll make a pose as they see fit. When the wake up, they'll findpeople have been worshiping them as the idols of forgotten gods, with their divine portfolio and other things being based on what they wore, their posture, and the peasants just making shit up.
>>
meme me a meme, memesters
>>
>>55078843
This will be hilarious.
>>
>>55078926
Eh, my plan was less hilarious because once they are awaken by some high-priestess chick, the players will soon learn and realize what kind of campaign I intend it to be.
DUN DUN
aaaaaaAAAAAAAH!
DUN DUN
AAAAAAaaaaaaah!
>>
So have we been shipping for intrigue game?

Apparently DHB's character is already hated by the entire party.
>>
>>55079269
They're playing, and nobody cares to ship. What will be, will be.
>>
>>55079269
Fuck off, Mashallah.
>>
New thread

>>55079415
>>55079415
>>55079415
>>55079415
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.