[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My LGS has these rules. What do you think, do you think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 24

File: LGS rules.jpg (104KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
LGS rules.jpg
104KB, 720x960px
My LGS has these rules. What do you think, do you think it's overacting?

Personally, I agree with them 100%
>>
>>55054614
Rule 2 should be more of a courtesy. Sometimes people swear without even meaning to, and if there's no pure christian children around then what does it matter?

Rule 4 is ass unless they close on weekends and only run tournaments. I can see it getting annoying to host rubberneckers while people are attempting to think and plan.
>>
>>55054614

No swearing is bullshit unless very young children are around and their parents don't like it. Mandatory purchases are also retarded if you are a known regular customer.
>>
>>55054614

Other than purchasing a Booster (card games I imagine?), that seems pretty reasonable.

Unfortunately there are some neckbeards who need this kind of tough line or they quickly fall into familiar routines of stench and obnoxiousness.
>>
>>55054614
>you must purchase a loobster to be on store on a weekend

what?
>>
>>55054624
They Run so many tournaments on the weekend. They have a week for every tournament, Yug on the 1st week, X-Wing on the 2nd week, Magic on the 3rd week, 40k on the last week of the month and they'll fit more in around the clock. It's actually really busy on the weekends.
>>
>>55054640
They need to clean out the tank and this makes it easy
>>
Booster and swears seem kinda lame. What kind of profanities are banned anyway? What about ass, damn and crap?
>>
>>55054655
>Yug
Why? That's like putting up a sign that says "Bring me your broke, your loud, your unwashed neckbeards"
>>
>>55054680
Enjoy your ban, you damn crap-ass.
>>
>>55054680
They're fine, its more so how loudly you swear. The owner seems not to mind if you mutter it or if you're telling a story or Joke, its more so when you're swearing about the game at hand.
>>
>>55054614
what kind of people attend the place when the staff needs to order the costumers to have hygiene?
>>
>>55054705

I take it you've never been to a Gaming store frequently before?
>>
I don't understand how people don't hygiene, it feels fucking disgusting to be dirty.
>>
>>55054720
Some neckbeards are like wendigo. They build up some kind of armor that's natural to them and it smells horrible.
>>
>>55054705
I've lived all across the UK and man, a lot of LGS have such a bad repugnant smell. Like it horrifically bad in some places. The smell of smoke and BO.
>>
>>55054720

I've never quite understood it myself. I had a mental breakdown for the better part of a year that had be basically non-functional and unable to leave the house. I spent a LOT of that time in the shower, as terrible and clean was still better than terrible and dirty.
>>
File: 1486930425741.gif (3MB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
1486930425741.gif
3MB, 400x255px
>>55054614
>go to store to play 40k
>attempt to buy box of dudes
>get banned instead for not buying mtg pack
>>
>>55054614
>>55054655
So if you're in the store on the weekend to take place in a 40k tournament, you have to buy a booster?
>>
The food one is fair enough, you wouldn't walk into a restaurant and bring out McDonald's you bought.

Hygiene one would normally be an unspoken rule but fucking hell with some of the people this hobby makes you interact with, it's understandable, even my local GW has some hand written sign about hygiene.

Booster pack rule seems a bit steep if you're already a regular customer, unless you're only holding 'freeloaders' who just pop up to play tournaments and never buy in which case I wouldn't mind it, they've gotta make money somehow.

Swearing rule is dumb though, people know not to swear when kids are around and no one constantly swears anyway, there's no need to make a rule for something like that IMO which makes me think there's some turbotard regular who can't stop swearing.
>>
>>55054754
>>55054759
You'll have to pay to book a table for 40k, (reserved for you for the entire day) and you dont need to buy a booster for entering the tournament.
>>
>>55054772
>You'll have to pay to book a table for 40k
How the fuck is this store even in business? I walked into a new store to play a pickup game of 40k and had to buy a day's worth of table space, I'd 360 my way out real quick.
>>
>>55054789
Apparently this store either has great service and selection, or is the only choice for the people who go to it. Either way, it's not that crazy.
>>
>>55054614
The LGS is run very well. Out of the LGS i've been too, it's the best. They run a consitent D&D world with quest markers across the world map so you can party up to do quests.

A lot competitions every weekend.

The opening hours are 12:00 - 00:00 on weekdays and 9:00 - 18:00 on weekends.

A reference library for games from AD&D to the latest 40k codexes.

Furthermore, the prices are pretty good, the Dark Imperium was only £70 for preorder. Thats pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>55054804

Mystery solved
>>
>>55054789
>I'd 360 my way out real quick.

But you could afford the table, MJ
>>
>>55054789
>>55054800

great service, On week days tables, are free till 18:00 unless if you have a booking. Weekends are packed with people. We have people visiting from other cities to come to our LGS. There are a few competitors near by so competition is still going.
>>
>>55054804
>- 00:00 on weekdays

YESSSSSSSS

>18:00 on weekends.

REEEEEEEEEEE DAYWALKERS GET OUT
>>
>>55054789
>>55054804
>>55054816
>>55054815

Table price is just £3 for a full table full of quality terrain. And its not per person its per table. Here is an example of one of the tables.
>>
>>55054831
who is the big guy in orange pants?
>>
>>55054833
PO from Starwars
>>
>>55054614
>I can understand it, even if I think it's dumb
>That's fine, every business should have this rule
>I agree with that
>You must... nope, done.
Fuck this place. Never would I ever give them business, and I'd make damn sure that no one I know gives them business either. They deserve bankruptcy.

Next rule after that should be rule #1 though.
>>
Rule 1 depends on what price they are charging for their food and drink and what they stock. If I ran an LGS, I'd be tempted to introduce such a rule to prevent pic related.

2, 3 and 5 are reasonable for the inside of any store. They should not need to be stated.

I don't know enough the store to judge rule 4. Could be justified if the store gets crowded.

6 is likely their only way of enforcing the rules.
>>
>>55054614
Requiring a booster purchase to be in the store goes a little into a grey area and likewise a 1 strike policy that is implied can be considered severe, but can be justified with the circumstances of that particular store (such as extremely busy weekends where rowdies crowd out core clientele and paying customers, and such a high volume and turnover that more than 1 strike allowed can easily result in chaos and a deterioration of environment to the point where the rules don't prevent what they're trying to prevent).

>Justification-needed Tier
Barred from store on first offense
Purchase necessary for weekend attendance

>Understandable Tier
No outside food or drink
No swearing

>Obvious Tier
No threatening behavior
Treat scenery and tables with respect
Personal hygiene

As with everything, execution and enforcement is everything. I hope they know how to manage their community and hire the right people to enforce this effectively (even when they're not around).
>>
>>55054831
>xcom

Colour me interested.
>>
>>55054804
>They run a consitent D&D world with quest markers across the world map so you can party up to do quests.
This is so fucking cool
>>
>>55054614
The booster thing is really silly. What if I don't play card games?
>>
The only rule I actually object to is the first one. Unless the store is literally connected to a pizza shop everyone is going to fucking leave if they want lunch. Every store I've been to in New England has been ok with bringing outside food, lots even allow delivery to the store cause hobby shops and pizzerias are symbiotic businesses
>>
>>55054831
>full of quality terrain

I wouldn't say "full of".
>>
>>55054831

When you said "book" I figured you meant just reserving it.

Paying three quid for that? Bollocks.
>>
>>55054849
>>55054848
>I have never cussed inside a business establishment

You're full of fucking shit.
>>
>>55054881
I would hesitate to say "quality" as well.

£3 is a fucking ripoff, and that "whole day" bullshit isn't a selling point. No one is going to actually use the table that long.
>>
>>55054865
See >>55054772 and >>55054831
>>
>>55054875

>bringing amerishart greasy food into a shop full of delicate books and miniatures

"no"
>>
>>55054892

Foolish white devil doesn't know how to consume cheesemeat pancake with chopsticks
>>
>>55054875
I've been to a lan gaming place with a similar rule, it was largely to stop people bringing in greasy food or stuff with sauce or otherwise messy stuff that smells and gets everywhere. Might be for a similar reason.
>>
More examples of tables
>>
>>55054887
I'm actually capable of controlling what I say in public places, unlike you apparently.

As long as they're not dicks about the occasional slip ups it's fine. But this is a place of business open to the public, not a fucking clubhouse, so grow up and learn to control yourself.
>>
>>
>>55054890
Sure they will. You are just more efficiently connecting with your customers that will give you that reliable business with a minimum of fuss.

If it became a big deal, I would personally keep most of the tables the same and make 1 table a high-turnover table for lower rates, but with a fee for going overtime and a definite cut-off point.
>>
>>55054892
>im-fucking-plying British fare isn't as greasy if not be easier than your typical American fast food
I understand that in great Britain you've filled your country to the point that it's physically impossible to have a room more than 6' wide but here in America we have a reasonable population with huge tracks of land so we can afford to house an entire game store and have food be consumed while still being 10' away from any potentially damaged media. Us Americans also use utensils so we don't get our hands all grubby with food matter.

And oh yeah
O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D
>>
>>
>>55054912
People don't go to gaming stores to act prim and proper, they go there to unwind and have a good time with friends. As long as you're not screaming at the top of the lines, I don't see why casual swearing in a normal or quiet tone in a private conversation away from others is an issue or even relevant to the business's operation. How about you use your brain instead of making assumptions about peoples' maturity, you fucking faglord?
>>
File: D&D wall.png (270KB, 485x269px) Image search: [Google]
D&D wall.png
270KB, 485x269px
>>55054864
Here's the D&D wall.
>>
>>55054912
>As long as they're not dicks about the occasional slip ups it's fine

Nope, you're barred from the store as it says on the poster. If you're going to print that shit you enforce it. If you can't see why that's dumb, then I guess you should grow up and learn to control yourself, because you just swore in that post.
>>
>>55054923

Who said anything about Britain?

Americans eat like pigs compared to Europeans anyway
>>
>>55054939
It's probably written like that so the owner CAN throw people out if he doesn't like them (and they curse).
>>
I've been to other LGS where you had to £1 per hour for a table per person too. Or other LGS, if you did not play the local game they wouldn't accommodate you, LGS's are very pissy about, and I've been to countless across the UK.
>>
>>55054614
Where is this store??
>>
>>55054932
>>55054939

See >>55054637

It's because of people like you that this needs to be politely codified, when it's obvious you don't need to be shouting "fuck" because of your plastic men.
>>
>>55054940
OBSESSED
>>
>>55054932
>assumptions
Judging by your post? Those ain't "assumptions," those are facts. You fucking child.

I'd say go to a pub and not a games store if you want to swear it up but clearly you're not old enough.
>>
>>55054912
>this is a place of business

It's clearly not just a business establishment, it also provides services and serves as a meeting place, otherwise they wouldn't have those rules and hold games and have tables available.

>not a fucking clubhouse

This is literally what many gaming stores are. Clubs for nerds and games.

>so grow up

Swearing has no relation to maturity. It does, however, have relationship with increased intelligence (Jay and Jay, "Taboo word fluency and knowledge of slurs and general pejoratives: deconstructing the poverty-of-vocabulary myth") and integrity (Feldman, "Frankly, we do give a damn: The relationship between profanity and honesty")
>>
>>55054940
>Americans eat like pigs compared to Europeans anyway
Yeah Britain totally doesn't have a huge obesity problem that's only getting worse.
>>
>>55054939
To be fair, it's not clear if "failure to abide" means a single infraction or a general and ongoing failure. Leaves a lot up to the discretion of the establishment and its agents if you ask me.

I don't mind this ambiguity, because most reasonable people will either step right from the start, or find it odd and ask about it, at which point the owner can go "nah that's just for a̶s̶s̶h̶o̶l̶e̶s̶ jerks" and the customer can heave a sigh of relief and think "wow the owner is a really reasonable fellow".
>>
Whew I'm glad my game store doesn't have any of these bullshit rules.
>>
>>55054970
>This is literally what many gaming stores are. Clubs for nerds and games.
This is also literally the reason LGSs have such an insanely high failure rate.
>>
>>55054956

See >>55054932

If you say any of the following words, you are insta banned, according to your logic

"hell"
"ass"
"crap"
"damn"
"jackass"
"shit"

You act like fuck is the only swear word or something or people run around screaming fuck at the top of their lungs.
>>
>>55054614
I agree with the rest, but Rule 4 is bullshit.
>>
>>55054978
I've been told to leave on occasions. For example I walked in with an ice cream and the owner just said

"Finish your ice cream and come back in"

I've been told to watch my language, I wasn't kicked out.
>>
>>55054960
>ain't
>You fucking child.
>hurr underaged

Grow up and control yourself, Anonymous. Pubs are places of business, you shouldn't swear in those, because you know, they're places of business. Your excellent, grown-up words, not mine.
>>
>>55054989
See? People are being paranoid.
>>
>no eating food or drink not purchased from in store

fuck you kikes, if i'm gonna be here for hours I'm gonna bring a snack and I'm not paying 3 dollars for a snickers or whatever other garbage your selling
>>
>>55054991
>hurrr durr no u
Yeah, you're totally not underage.

Wow.
>>
>>55054960

Swearing is a part of everyday conversation where I'm from. Can't even imagine a church having that rule here.
>>
>>55054994
>implying any context was given

What the fuck do you expect from a single image that says only what it says
>>
>>55054614
In Denmark the gaming stores are usually quite void of game tables.
Instead, we have a bunch of local tabletop clubs.
The membership is usually about 10USD per month, and the rules are normally something like 'be mindful of the other members', although I have seen some clubs with more laid-out rules.
>>
>>55054982
>by your logic
Not that guy, but that was literally the logic of one of the persons he was arguing against.

>You act like... people run around screaming fuck at the top of their lungs.
Yeah, people do that. They're not welcome in the store anymore.
>>
>>55055001
>implying I implied that at all

It's hilarious how dumb you are. I guess I should make some kind of joke about how you're pretending to be all grown up at babby's first game store visit but then I'd turn into a liar. It's nice having a functional brain to realize that, unlike someone.
>>
These were the prizes for a small painting competition they ran just a month back. I believe it was free to enter.
>>
>>55055005
Yeah, in absence of a specific context spelled out for you you'd have to rely on your judgement, wouldn't you?

Hell, OP seems to have explained it early on in the thread, and several anons seem to have figured it out even before that.
>>
>>55055013
Dude you're not helping your case, you sound like you're 12.
>>
>>55055009
And that's like saying only blacks are banned from a store for being greasy but whites aren't. If you swear, you get banned. Period. That's what it says right on the fucking paper.

If you're going to argue that "well at owner's discretion is implied", you're kind of missing the point where over half the rules in that image should have been fucking implied as well.
>>
>>55055023
>says the faglords obsessed with others' age

Grow up, dawg.
>>
>>55055038
I rest my case.
>>
>>55055023
You have no idea what a 12 year old sounds like, probably because you're still as dumb as one. You sound like some autistic loser who wastes his time on 4chan posting the most retarded shit ever, even more retarded than the average level of retardation on this site. Just thought I'd let you know, because you're clearly too dumb to ever figure it out on your own.
>>
>>55055024
>that's like saying blah blah black, white, etc.
You're going to have to elaborate your argument, because right now there's no connection to what I said.

>That's what it says right on the fucking paper.
It really doesn't, mate. This conversation has already been hashed out in the thread, so I'm not going to repeat it.
>>
>>55055041
>still responding

It's hilarious how dumb you are. I guess I should make some kind of joke about how you're pretending to be all grown up at babby's first shitpost but then I'd turn into a retard like you. It's nice having a functional brain to realize that, unlike someone.
>>
>>55055054
You're trolling rather too hard, babe.
>>
>>55054804
> closes at fucking 6 on a weekend
Trash tier. And I suppose reading my post would make me banned as well?
Shit store. Shit people. Shit country. Thanks for tanking that pound though dawg
>>
>>55054831
> full of quality terrain
Ha!
>>
File: holy fuck you guys are dumb.jpg (40KB, 795x183px) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck you guys are dumb.jpg
40KB, 795x183px
>>55055050
>It really doesn't, mate.
>>
>>55055060
>babe

Nice fresh maymays you learn that this week, kid? You sound like you're 12, grow up and control yourself.
>>
>>55054940
No need to be jealous yuropoor.
>>
Judging by this thread, they probably didn't have to have a swearing rule at first.

Until some autistic literalist figured he could happily do it because it wasn't "in the rules".
>>
>>55054924
Someone left the dildos out on planet bowling ball I see
>>
>>55055073
Yeah, don't swear is a rule. Not abiding by rules will eventually get out banned from the store.

There's a reason you have to be explicit about extreme policies that doesn't exist for mild policies - people tend to take greater exception to extreme policies.

But then, maybe you are exactly the type of person to ban a new customer for stepping to the store while chewing gum, before they'd even met anyone or read the sign on the wall.

In the real world, a normal person would just point to the sign and say "we really don't want people doing that here" and then see what the offender does. If you make continue to do it? Yeah, you're going to get banned from the store.
>>
>>55055112
See, the mechanisms you are describing are called courtesy and group policing and are social in nature. Anonymous has proven that they simply can't into social and that they are not really the demo that stores need to care about.
>>
>>55054720
If you don't do much during a normal day its not to hard to end up odourous but not really dirty. You also don't notice your own odour very easily as its one of things your brain usually edits out of your perception.
>>
All of those rules seem perfectly reasonable. I'd have no problem being there.

/tg/ flipping out because they have to show a little bit of courtesy is unsurprising.
>>
>>55055073
>doesn't even understand what he's arguing against
>>
File: excellent.jpg (121KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
excellent.jpg
121KB, 1100x619px
>>55054854
This aligns with my assessment of the rules rather perfectly.
>>
>>55054614
So WTF is the "must buy a booster" thing? Do other purchases count? Can I spend $100 on Twilight Imperium or warhams or something if I don't buy a pack of MTG?
>>
>>55054614
So what kind of food do they have?

So strict is the no swearing policy?

Do you have to buy something?

I only ask these specific questions because judging by this thread the owner seems to be posting
>>
>>55054760
>there's no need to make a rule for something like that IMO which makes me think there's some turbotard regular who can't stop swearing.

Trust me, this is very much the case in some LGS
>>
>>55055181
Nope, you have to buy a booster. Doesn't have to be M:tG at least, but if you're not walking out with a pack of cards along with your purchases don't expect to ever walk back in.
>>
>>55055181

Obviously, yes. The spirit of the rule is just clearly "No milling around the store without actually spending money".
>>
>>55054804
You haven't answered the question though, if I come in at a weekend to buy something that's not cards am I getting banned for not buying cards?
>>
>>55055147
Someone reasonable
>>
>>55055196
Can we adopt this guy? He needs a name, like "Excessively Literal Snarky Guy".
>>
>>55055192
Yeah, that rule seems to be there out of necessity and not because "oh, we need to be proper."
(Right proper).
>>
>>55055189
OP here. Not store owner.

>What kind of food they have?
Crisps, Chocolate, Tea, Coffee, Fizzy drinks, Pies, sweets, the usual table top food.

>Swearing policy?
As long as you're not over aggressive, be mind full of people around you.

>Do you have to buy something ?
No you don't, unless if you're milling about on the weekend, you have to spend a minimum of £2.95 . Spaces are limited on a weekend.

>>55055203
You won't get banned. Its pretty obvious.
>>
>>55055181
>>55055198
It's to prevent parents from dropping their kids off as a sort of discount daycare / insurance nightmare.

For people who don't realize, if you already sell food you literally cannot allow people to eat outside food in your establishment.
>>
>>55054614

rule 5 should not be expected but mandatory and in bold.
>>
1 with the exception of alcohol, 4, and 5 are unreasonable imo. I can see banning food and drink if you want to prevent accidents or a mess, but using it to force people to buy in-store food is pushing it.
>>
File: Hope you bought a booster.jpg (453KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hope you bought a booster.jpg
453KB, 960x720px
>>55054910
Enjoy your ban Evan
t. Management
>>
>>55055231
All of these are REALLY fair. Not even kidding, at this point these rules are to make sure sociall unadjusted nerds can act more "civilized" (that is not the best word for it, but hey, its close).
>>
I love the over reaction in this thread, people blowing their shit, cos they've read too much into it or not understanding rules.
>>
>>55055255
Actually, the becomes more necessary when you sell food then when you don't.

It doesn't make you any more money, it'll only lose you money because of dumb fucks like you who will get a negative vibe because they think the store owner is "trying to make a buck" off of them - especially hilarious because they're already doing that.

It's effortless to go outside and eat. All it does is clear your liability and often comply with local food safety ordinances.
>>
>>55055018
>AoS

lol. Shit prizes. I don't enter any comp for less than cash in prize and three figures minimum.
>>
>>55055281
*the rule
>>
>>55054614
Rule one is kind of stupid, but it's a very common rule and I get why it exists.

Rule 2 it annoying because I'm the type that swears a lot, but it makes sense. Despite swearing during a game not necessarily being out of order, it's still a public place and you don't want to scare away potential customers with hostile behavior. Even friendly ribbing can be interpreted as hostility by someone not part of the in-crowd, so it's not a bad idea to err on the side of caution here.

Rule 3 is common sense.

Rule 4 is bullshit, especially when rule 1 already exists to make sure people are spending money at the store.

Rule 5 is common sense and I wish more stores would enforce this.
>>
>>55054614
>must purchase a booster and can only eat shitty store food

lol, no. If I ever see something like that it's a u-turn.
>>
>>55054614
Hey... my GP's office has the exact same rules.
>>
>>55054614
It doesn't specify the level of personal hygiene so I can grog in and grog out without fear of a ban and if they try I'll point to their sign and call them out.
>>
>>55055305
Any store owner that puts that rule in is either a retard, or knows that space is at a premium and people are going to be packing the place regardless.

I mean, if you self-select out and leave, the rule has basically done its work.
>>
>>55054924
>>55054913
>>55054910
>>55054831

Why should I treat scenery with respect when it looks as ass as this? Badly painted. Undetailed scratch-work. I'd be doing them a favour if I dinged it up a little.
>>
>>55055330
Hygiene can diminish to a point where it is not considered hygiene, just like your life can diminish until you are dead and are in fact no longer alive. At that point, you will be considered to be in violation of the rules.
>>
>>55055345
As much as I'm laughing my ass off at those tables, just because a kid is ugly doesn't mean you have to punch him. I mean, you got through school ok didn't you?
>>
I get the sentiment of rule four, but the wording is poor. There's no reason to specify "a booster," just say "something."
>>
>>55055361
I'm just saying you have to send a message to professional places that don't set their stuff up to a professional standard. I don't pat for the privilege of using half-painted, dry-brushed, or air brushed junk. If I'm paying I want to see expert painting and modelling techniques on every pertinent detail.
>>
>>55054614
>must purchase a booster
I'd turn around. If I'm not allowed to just browse, I might as well just skip going to the store completely and just buy online. And that's not even going into the too-specific wording, since I don't even play MtG.
>>
>>55054614
Too bad if you're just some unwitting person from off the street who is curious about this game shop they saw.

>Hey you! Did you purchase a booster? No? Banned! Get out!
>>
>>55055371
Say "something" and kids will stand at the counter for 20 minutes until they decide to buy a nickel candy or some rubbish.

The people who need the rule as posted in the first place need clear direction. Anyone who has quibbles about the specificity can clear it up through interaction.
>>
>>55055284
> still always places in bottom half
Kek faggot
>>
>>55055018
I'll never understand this. The prize for a painting competition is... more paint! urrrgh....

It's like wining a marathon and being told your prize is thirty more miles to run.
>>
>>55055398
I guess I prefer to send my messages in message form, rather than in the form of property damage.

Call me old-fashioned, but it seems to get a better, quicker, more desirable response.
>>
>>55055415
Especially bad if you're a moron who doesn't understand how rules work and thinks that will actually happen.
>>
>>55055460
So explain how this rule works
>>
>>55055449
It makes more sense to people who actually want to achieve things for their intrinsic reasons. Like getting a scholarship for good grades that goes towards more schooling, or winning a sporting event and getting an invitation to an even more prestigious sporting event.

It's a social reward structure that values the art itself and rewards those who are doing it anyway.
>>
>>55055256
But anon I bought them in store at a heavly inflated price.
>>
>>55055460
It's what it says on the sign. To be IN the store on a weekend you MUST purchase a booster.

There is no clever interpretation that lets you get around this, and if there was then the store could be held up for promoting a heavy double standard. Would they then allow liberal interpretation of card text in MTG? No? Then they must apply their own rules the same way or there is a fat double standard.

>in
>no booster
>out

Got it?
>>
>>55055305
This

OP is a turbo cuck if he attends this store at all, please let him be baiting
>>
>>55055468
You could read the thread, if you like. The rules are pretty much the only formal topic of the OP and this specific rule has been brought up several times.
>>
>>55055449
It's more like the race winner being given a sweet new pair of running shoes by the race sponsor desu. Id guess that winners of painting competitions enjoy painting, so it makes sense to supply something they enjoy as a prize.
>>
>>55055487
I'm not going to read all that shit just to find out what we apparently decided to interpret that fairly unequivocal sentence as
>>
>>55055479
>>55055494

That's valid enough, I just don't think the prize should be the thing itself. Why not have a nice trophy instead?
>>
>>55055487
I'd just let it go if I were you. Literal-minded people like >>55055483 and >>55055415 believe deeply that rules are meant to be followed mechanically, like software architecture or SOPs or something. There's no concept there of formal social rules that are meant to be used as guiding concepts and not literal absolutes.
>>
>>55054614
>hygene
>going out of your way to deactivate spell checking before writing any text that will definitely go public
It's like they want people to think they are retarded.
>>
>>55055509
Are you from some sort of subculture that doesn't know how to Ctrl+f or something?
>>
The food and drink is almost reasonable, except they probably only have shitty microwaveable food and chips.
>>
>>55054614
I'd like to say that I approve of these rules if they are enforced. I have seen three LGS go belly up now because of broke, layabout regulars who lounge around all day, argue with customers, and act all smug when they show up with new gear that they boast they bought online.
>>
>>55055522
You'd be surprised. I recently watched a major speaker at GDC giving a talk in their native English, and they used the phrase "tool parody" instead of tool parity. The text was displayed very prominently and was the main focus of the slide, too.

Many highly skilled and successful people just don't know a lot of very basic things. When you're a big name at GDC, I figure that earns you a pass. Random anonymous that are merely referenced on images on 4chan don't really get that same level of forgiveness, though.
>>
>>55055534
What sort of fine cuisine do you find it so necessary to eat at a game store?
>>
>>55055554
Don't forget stealing.
>>
>>55054831
>>55054614

Wait, is this in Loughborough? Huh, small world.

But yeah, rules.

1 seems fine but kinda annoying.
2 'Threatening behavior' seems kinda vague. Worries me somewhat.
3 You call that a full table? Child, that's like a third of what you need.
4 What if you don't play magic/pokemon/yugioh/device to steal money from children and autists?
5 Good.
>>
>>55054760
I've consistently encountered people, at LGS and otherwise, who can't control their swearing. A store manager doesn't want some scrubby 22 year old guy mouthing off "fucks" and "shits" every two seconds in his store, it's bad form.
>>
>>55054614
>Muh food purchases
Reeks of SHALOM GOYIM
>No swearing or threatening
Yeah, makes sense
>Treat scenery and tables with respect
Sure, makes sense
>Buy muh boosters
CARRY ON MY SHALOM SON, THERE'LL BE SHEKELS WHEN YOU ARE DONE
>Personal hygiene is expected
Makes sense
>Failure to abide will result in being barred
I understand there's sometimes a need to be this severe, but it seems ridiculous to be thrown out forever for just polishing off a coke leftover from your trip to Mickey D's beforehand.
>>
>>55055634
Wow someone else from Loughborough. It's ran pretty well imo
>>
>>55055306
Why does your doctor sell cards?
>>
>>55054856
It's a fun game. My group got a lot more replays out of it than most board games we try.
>>
Let me tell you about the LGS that used to be around here.

>Small place, up really steep stairs.
>Small sign on the counter. 'Games Workshop - Official Stockist'
>The guy made the sign himself.
>He tried to enforce GW store rules. Minis had to be painted. Minis from other lines could not be used in lieu of GW ones.
>This only applied to GW games, mind, which he carried only grudgingly.
>Overheard him talking a guy out of buying some Blood Angels. 'There's already a Blood Angels player in town. He already has the special characters.'
>'You can play them, i'm just saying there's only so many marines in a chapter, so...'
>He also belittled any faction except his favourite (Tau) but at the same time resented anyone else who played them as thought they were posers playing with -his- army.

Place lasted about half a year.
>>
>>55055741
Jesus Christ that's horrifying.
>>
>>55055437
Then say "something of x minimum value." "You have to buy a booster, but we don't mean a booster, just something booster-equivalent" is obtuse for no good reason.
>>
>>55055741
/tg hobbyists in general are not fit to run a hobby shop.
>>
>>55055809
Being that specific makes you look like a tool. These are informal rules to be posted on a wall in order to influence customer behaviour, not formal business rules.
>>
>>55055741
Lol what a tool. I knew a place like that that got bought out by this Chinese guy, sharp businessman and MtG player. The place immediately became popular and effective, posting in the black in the first year, which if you ask me is fucking incredible.
>>
>>55054972
That's probably mostly scotland skewing it hard.
t. Fat Scotsman
>>
>>55055897
>These rules aren't acutually rules
>>
>>55055985
There aren't enough scots to skew it that hard unless literally EVERY scot is obese, and even then only maybe.
>>
>>55054614
Who would disagree with this?
>>
>>55054614
Seems reasonable aside from no swearing. Excessive swearing sure, but no swearing full stop is silly. And presumably the booster requirement is waived if you buy something else/book a table etc. Sensible application is important I guess.
>>55054789
>>55054890
Paying for a table is par for the course at all the LGS I've been too. Terrain can be expensive man. And both of the gaming clubs I've regularly attended (i.e., clubs held in rented community venues, privately run) have £3 a night fees on top of membership. It's a pretty normal rate.
>>
>>55055897
I don't know if I would exactly call a list of rules that ends with a "failure to abide" clause informal, but if that's the case, then just don't post a minimum price. If they're informal then you really don't need to proof them against "you didn't define what constitutes food!" types anyway, since your enforcement will probably be just as informal. "Booster" is technically more specific while also being confusing.
>>
>>55054972

We're still pretty fat, but Europe simply doesn't have the culture of low-quality, processed greasy shart food that the US does.
>>
>>55056021

Christ I bet you're fun at parties mate. Jesus.
>>
>>55054614
As someone who has been working in the US since 2015, this is one of the biggest cultural shocks. In my country people shower everyday, it is like a part of life for us just like brushing our teeth.

Americans see it more of a thing that you have to do from time to time or when it is really hot, it's really disgusting actually, I have been called weird because I shower every day "even in winter".

I guess that your average neckbeard is just a more extreme version of your average American.
>>
>>55056029
>Europe simply doesn't have the culture of low-quality, processed greasy shart food that the US does.
Nah, only some parts of Europe don't, and those areas are shrinking.
>>
>>55054614
Rules 1 and 4 are complete bullshit
As for rule 2, I'd understand threatening behaviour but sometimes I swear without even meaning it, we have a word in french which is used in almost every situation and I often say it
>>
>>55056053
Oh nvm it says "behaviour" this is probably Britain.
>>
>>55056062
Yeah, I know this particular place, it's UK. We're all shit, m8.
>>
File: 1499960350374.jpg (32KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
1499960350374.jpg
32KB, 500x319px
>>55056060

>Rule 1 is complete bullshit
>French

>tfw you turn up at the club for a game of Marteau de guerre 40.000 and your opponent starts sloshing around Frog's legs and snails
>>
>>55056053
What part of the US? I've literally never seen that attitude anywhere in the US except in the poorest, shittiest, scumbag redneck hick populated areas.
>>
>>55056074
Joke on you I never played any wargames, let alone Warhammer 40000
I played 2 session of Rogue Trader ttrpg though
>>
File: 1381284087445.png (1MB, 989x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1381284087445.png
1MB, 989x1022px
>Americans literally wear shoes indoors
>>
>>55054614
the fact they need to be printed and visible means you live in a shithole
>>
>>55056080
From 2015 to mid 2016 I stayed in Queens now I'm near Austin. Same work same bank I'm just in a different branch.
>>
>>55056095
>Americans literally wear shoes indoors
Serious question: Why do people think this is a thing? I've never been in someone's home anywhere in the US that didn't insist on people, their own family included, taking their shoes off in the entryway.
>>
>>55056099

Loughborough seemed alright when I went. Either there's a reason, or the owner knew his market and didn't want shit to slide instantly.
>>
>>55056117
So ghetto scum and redneck scum. That explains it.

You should know that what you experienced is not the norm among those not of the lower class.
>>
File: ulZMgJ2.jpg (124KB, 524x388px) Image search: [Google]
ulZMgJ2.jpg
124KB, 524x388px
>>55056045
>thread about list of rules
>criticize poor choice of words in list
>"fuck man lighten up why you gotta engage in the topic this thread's about"
>>
File: wild wild west2.jpg (40KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
wild wild west2.jpg
40KB, 600x400px
>>55056118

American media. And it doesn't happen too often in euro/asian media if you're going to bring that up.
>>
>>55056006
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_rule

You should learn what words mean when you want to criticize someone else's use thereof.
>>
Hear ye, hear ye; after long months of shoptesting we are finally ready to reveal the long awaited Store Rules, 2nd Edition:

1. Goods devoured within the base effective range of the property must be products sold at the property. Also, organics expelled from the body must also be former products of the property or else a 'disposals levy' will be applied to the offender.

2. While within base effective range of the property, all communications must be conducted without direct use or allusion to any words that might be deemed foul by a simple majority (in the case of common terms) or a two thirds majority (in the case of foreign or very creative terms) of the ownership or parts there of. Also, no customer may advance closer to any other customer or staff without first declaring that their intentions are pure.

3. Furniture and scenery is to be handled only by staff and only with gloves. Chairs are not to be used by anyone who might reasonably be termed a 'lardo'. Yes, Ben Prior, that's you.

4. You must purchase a booster to be in the store on the weekend.

5. Personal hygiene is expected. Interpersonal hygiene remains optional; however all substances spat at or poured on other patrons is expected to be purchased in the store. The store dress code is smart casual.

Failure to abide instantly by these rules results in an ban from the store and all associated events except Age of Sigmar tournaments because otherwise no one would show up.

We think these updates give patrons a robust set of new options while retaining the spirit of the original rules.
>>
>>55056171
American media paints a really poor image of what American life is like. It's just as stupid as dumbass otaku thinking that Japan is like anime.

You know, the reason they wear shoes "indoors" in media is because they're walking around on fucking sets and shit.
>>
>>55056118

Movies/TV, probably.
>>
>>55056178
That's about rules relating to employees...
>>
>>55056191
>>
>>55054614
Rule 1 is kind of stupid, food I can understand but it's pretty stingy not to allow people to bring in a bottle of water. Also, no swearing? Really? Sad that rule five should even have to be on there, I'd be embarrassed to hang out at a place like that.
>>
>>55054831
Mate I've played in stores that have bins full of better terrain than that and the tables are free.
>>
>>55056021
"Informal" isn't a codeword for "ineffective".

They didn't post a minimum price, they said "buy a booster pack". Talking about a numeric minimum price is way more specific than pointing someone to a specific object.

Booster isn't confusing either, it gives a clear example of what is expected. Is it perfect, hell no. You or I could write a better rule, surely.

It's not about proofing against autists, its about providing an actual action that dimwits can take while giving a clear example of the sort of purchase that justifies hanging out on a weekend.
>>
>>55056170
>thinks that an inapplicable level of criticism is on topic because the subject of criticism is on topic
>>
>>55054691
Magic has a bigger problem with that, and I say this as a guy who plays both. Yugioh's deal is that it has a lot of loud black guys who play. Usually pretty cool guys though.
>>
File: IMG_8327.png (788KB, 478x695px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8327.png
788KB, 478x695px
Since it seems like the debates/shitflinging has died down a bit, why don't we post about rules we've seen at LGSes and discuss how we feel about them. Bonus points for weird/funny ones or ones with amusing stories associated. Anyways, I'll start:

>no selling cards to other players while on store property
I get why they try to enforce this one, since they're running a business and not just generously providing a place for people to play, but I feel like it's unnecessary when you consider that missing the sale of what's usually a few small cards a few times a week is unlikely to bury them when they've got money coming in from snacks, accessories, entree fees, board games, and whatever else they sell, but I do understand the principle. It's really easy to circumvent though (a lot of stores don't even have cameras, especially not on the play areas, and all you have to do to make the deal legal is just step outside to the nearest restaurant or whatever, assuming the store isn't isolated), so I really appreciate LGSes that will try workarounds like "You can buy a card from someone if we don't have it in stock" or "You can buy a card if the transaction goes through us, i.e. you buy the seller store credit or pay off some of their tab, etc"
Overall, it's kind of a dumb rule, but I understand why it's there and I'm always down to cheat it if I don't like the owner/store or their card conditions/prices
>>
>>55056118
Because I've stood, horrified, in the doorway of an American's home as they just track all the shit from outside onto their floors like it's the most natural thing and no one bats an eye.

Is it ubiquitous? Surely not. Does it happen all the time? Definitely. I've had to sell a guy on the idea of taking his work boots off to eat at a fancy dinner party in his own house on fluffy white carpet.
>>
>>55056313
Yes, and it's what was being referenced in >>55055897 when they talked about "formal business rules".
>>
>>55056194
>american live action tv is to america as anime is to japan
Nigger you've got to be joking me.
>>
>>55054614
This is why I love my FLGS, everyone knows the unspoken rules and new people usually pick it up very quick. Wash yourself, If you smell bad someone will pipe up and say someone smells like ass. Everyone knows no cursing until the pokemon kids are gone. And finally, don't be a scum bag
>>
>>55056410
Then pity the poor owner who is losing money because he's nice. Or, pity the place where because of local conditions that terrain is so worth that price that the business is thriving.
>>
>>55056118
Must depend on wear you live. I've met like two households in my life that required me to take off my shoes.
>>
>>55056455
>Talking about a numeric minimum price is way more specific than pointing someone to a specific object.
The fuck are you talking about, no it isn't.
>>
Anybody got horror stories about gross/smelly players at your LGS? The nastiest guy I've run into is at least 600 pounds, wheelchair-bound, smells like death, is an asshole Spike, and essentially lives to play Magic and do WoW raids. Oh, and his mom drives him to tournaments. I know he sounds like an un-walking stereotype, but believe me, he's real.
>>
>>55055361
No, I was bullied and called names. Dweeb, chimp, honkey, Dweeby Chimp, Honkey Dweeb and worst of all Chomsky Honk.
>>
>>55056515
Wait, so the guy doesn't normally take off his boots and his carpet is still fluffy white? Whatever he's doing is working so why did you convince him to arbitrarily take off his boots?
>>
>>55056191
>4. You must purchase a booster to be in the store on the weekend
Underrated
>>
>>55056626
Dude, those are hilarious. Do you think your childhood is why you're now autistic?
>>
>>55056605
>hey kid, buy a pack
>hey kid, buy an item or item from my entire selection of wares that total at least X in price
It's a matter of the level of analysis, and the purpose of posting the rule. Anyone smart enough to interpret the rule and get annoyed by its technical flaws is smart enough to ask; anyone dumb enough to need to be told directly what to do get that.
>>
>>55056626
They didn't have to, they chose to.
>>
>>55056016
>membership AND night fees

wew.
>>
>>55056681
>Anyone smart enough to interpret the rule and get annoyed by its technical flaws is smart enough to walk away
FTFY
>>
>>55056455
I more meant that clarifying "failure to comply will result in expulsion" doesn't exactly smack of "informal guidelines," and I don't know how "buy items of this price" is somehow more specific than "buy this particular item of this price," but ultimately neither of these are the heart of the matter. Saying "you have to buy a booster" means people either need to clarify (like we've had in this thread), or assume you meant what you wrote and intend to make them buy cards they may not want (I've seen dumber rules). If you're worried about people buying as little as possible to intentionally skirt the rule, either put a minimum price or just tell them to fuck off when they try it.
>>
>>55054614
What if I don't play stupid card games?
>>
>>55054614
>go in at weekend to see if they have something I am looking for in
>sorry, we're out of stock
>never mind I'll come back another time
>sorry, but you have to buy something else
>>
>>55056559
Nvm, I'm retarded.
>>
>>55054854
all right
>>
>>55056773
>work the weekend shift
>about the clock out
>"hold up, you have to buy something before you leave"
>forgot my wallet in my car
>banned from the store
>lose my job
>>
>>55054936
Gangster as fuck.
>>
>>55056725
Smart enough to walk away from a situation that they have self-identified as not materially a problem? Sure bud.
>>
>>55056754
Maybe "specific" was the wrong word. "Detailed" perhaps, or involved? Fiddly? There are more conditions and figuring involved. In any case, good work calling out my poor word choice.

Booster pack as an item is more specific, but booster back as an instruction is simpler and less particular.
>>
>>55056773
>>55056842
You guys do realize the rule is about insisting on hanging around without buying something.

The guy even said he walked in with an icecream and the owner said "how about you finish that outside" instead of "you'll never set foot in my store again".
>>
>>55054614
I cannot abide by rule 1 or 4 by sheer virtue of the way my parents raised me. As for rule 2, I can certainly avoid threatening behavior, but swearing is almost a basic function of my method of communicating complex ideas.
>>
>>55056858
Have gangsters changed alot since the last time I checked? Because that wall is cool, and gangsters are "cool", but not in ways that overlap at all.
>>
>>55056952
I can agree to that; I don't really think giving any specific is necessary. Gas stations get away with "the bathroom is for paying customers" just fine, and anyone who's going to ignore the obvious spirit of the rule and buy a fifty cent candy was probably going to end up chaffing against the rules anyway.
>>
>>55057008
Your parents raised you to be incapable both of leaving food at home and staying away from a particular store on weekends?

HOW?
>>
>>55056993
I'd agree with you but something smells sorta bad. Must be your hygiene.

>BANNED
>>
>Hygiene rule
lel, one of the stores near me had to implement this too after they discovered the neckbeards were in cahoots to rig the MTG draws/pot, normies would contribute during the week by buying packs and playing but wouldnt attend the weekend draws or tournaments because it smelled like dead ass leaving the neckbeards to collect and split the loot
>>
>>55057033
Honestly, I've never seen a gas station owner who actually gave a shit if someone bought a cheap item in order to use the facilities.

All it really is is a sign of good faith and submission to your rules from the customer, and money in your pocket.
>>
>>55057052
>there are cabals out there RIGHT NOW that are conspiring to wallow in their own stank to force normal people out of their safe haven.
>>
>>55057051
Same principle as the food.

>Man, you stink too much to be in my store; people are complaining and you're disrupting my business. Go home and take a shower.
>No! I will exercise my right to be here.
OR
>comes back every day slovenly, smelly, and unkempt and tries to hang out

Both of these scenarios is grounds for banning from the store.
>>
File: tom kirby.jpg (14KB, 299x225px) Image search: [Google]
tom kirby.jpg
14KB, 299x225px
>>55057131
Anon, are those crumbs in your pocket?
>>
>>55055018
SLAMBO
>>
>>55054614
40K is probably a bit much, but I suppose it's understandable if the amount of staff or size of the store make it too hard to deal with walk ins on Fleecing Magic Players days.
>>
>>55057169
Sure, an owner could take any principle to an irrational extreme and ban customers based on that conclusion. In that case, walk.

It's not really a meaningful criticism of these specific rules, though.
>>
>>55056053
This seems like complete fabrication desu. I've lived all over the states my entire life and never has this been normal. I've also lived with brits for a few years and they were some nasty fucks but I wouldn't go and say every Brit is an unwashed peasant like some moron.
>>
>>55056514
That rule generally exists so some asshole can't come in a sell his whole binder while undercutting the store easily referencable prices. Like all store rules they are selectively applied and only used when breaking them actively hurts the business
>>
>>55056118
I don't normally take off my shoes because we have strictly hardwood floors, and it's rare that I step in stuff that will actually track in in a meaningful quantity or get stuck to it.
>>
>>55056118
It's a thing in some regions southern fag here
>>
>>55055399
You can just browse on weekdays.
>>
>>55054614
These all seem perfectly reasonable to me, except I would drop the "must buy a booster" rule and just make it a "must purchase at least $4-5 worth of product or just pay $5 for a day pass" kind of thing.

If I have to buy my food and drink there, let that count as my patronage for the day so long as it's $5 or so. Assuming they sell concessions there at all.
>>
>>55057309
Local ubiquity has never equaled total ubiquity, or even total normalcy.

Basically your argument turns against itself, as does theirs.

Their experience was not a complete fabrication, just as not all Americans find showering every day highly unusual.
>>
>>55057037
They taught me to smuggle food into places I shouldn't to save money, and now I can't break the habit.
>>
>>55057331
What does that have to do with anything? People wearing shoes because of an aversion to the bare ground I understand. Keeping your shoes on because of an aversion to the floor of your own house? I have to admit I don't get it.
>>
>>55057372
Sure, but they clearly don't want me in the store, so why bother.
>>
>>55057398
It's not cocaine, bro. Even if you find yourself at the door with a purse full of crackers, throw that in the car; if you bring it in, don't eat it. If you forget, just put it out or leave when they call you out on it. Get a friend to help you and you'll be fine.
>>
>>55057413
Your loss. You think that every business is hurting and desperate like your game store? Not every FLGS is a dredge basket of people who refuse to learn to take care of themselves.
>>
>>55054789
I live in a small town with a small FLGS, a small community, and the store has two tables and no shop terrain.

Needless to say, not a lot of games go on there. It's mostly a comic book/sport's memorabilia store that also carries /tg/ shit. It's the only place for 50 miles to buy my neckbeard hobby shit, and the guy who runs it is a good guy that I've bought from for 20 years. I like the place and like the guy, but it's a store. Not a club house.

There's a place about 50 miles from here that had dozens of tables, hundreds of pieces of terrain, and easily hosts 50-60 people every weekend. And it costs $5 to reserve a table for a day. It's well worth the $5 to be able to play half a dozen games against a wide variety of opponents on nice looking tables. But I don't buy models/cards from them because I don't get the 20% discount that I get from my local store.
>>
>>55057398
Yo what does that have to do with not being able to either stay away on weekends or making a purchase?
>>
>>55054760
I learned english from movies and videogames, so I tend to swear a lot. Bet your ass they'd kick me the fuck out in a hearbeat, unless I score some diversity points.
>>
>>55057475
If you consider giving a break to someone who literally cannot help swearing and isn't doing it maliciously or disruptively "diversity points" then I guess you might get it.
>>
>>55054614
Do people ACTUALLY go to game stores without taking care of their own hygiene? Without showering, without brushing their teeth, things like that?
>>
File: 1346178477268.jpg (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1346178477268.jpg
9KB, 205x246px
>>55054614
>tfw the shop I've been going to for the last 15 years closed down out of the blue and the next closest store is ran by the greediest shop owner ever.
>>
>>55057445
Cry some more, faggot.
>>
File: 1485994127062.jpg (31KB, 192x452px) Image search: [Google]
1485994127062.jpg
31KB, 192x452px
>>55054831
>Table price is just £3 for a full table full of quality terrain

This is what 40k players think "full" of "quality" "terrain" means.
>>
>>55057413
Well, we clearly don't want you on this board, yet here you are.
>>
>>55054760
>you wouldn't walk into a restaurant and bring out McDonald's you bought

Yeah, but a restaurant sells food. In a game store, food is a secondary concern, it's not their product.
If we're talking McDonalds, a better comparison for the food rule would be not allowing kids to bring in toys that weren't purcahsed with a Happy Meal. Sounds insane? Yeah, that's the same as not allowing people to consume their own food at a place that doesn't sell food.
>>
>>55057565
Yeah, I guess I'm not childish enough.
>>
>>55057496
I mean that I'm not european.
>>
>>55057512
>a gamestore that seems pretty nice closed down a year or two ago, things were going well for it but it closed down because there was asbestos inside the ceiling
A shame really, fortunatly there is another big gamestore in the city
>>
>>55057471
I don't believe in wallets. I never carry them with me. As for rule 4, I just realized it only applies to weekends, so I might be able to switch up my schedule.
>>
>>55057560
The other guy is the one crying and complaining about a situation he doesn't like and can't stand. I'm making fun of him, while being perfectly okay he exists; it's exceedingly different.
>>
>>55057754
What the fuck do you do in the store (that would make the owner want you there) if you never buy anything? Why can't you pay for a booster with a means of payment that doesn't involve a wallet?
>>
>>55057891
>complaining
You're the one going "REEEEEEEEEEEEE you're a bad person for not agreeing with me"
>>
>>55057923
>go in to enquire when something comes out/see if something is in stock/take a look at a new product without the obligation to buy something
>>
>>55057923
I don't carry money with me, or identification, or a phone. I don't buy boosters, but I once found half a deck in the trash so that's what I play with.
>>
>>55057942
Nah, the one guy is saying that he would leave the store out of indignation and the other guy thinks the other guys and idiot for it. There's nothing evil about being stupid or pathetic. It's not moral; its functional and social.
>>
>>55057946
Just stepping in is not really the scenario at hand, as has already been described. As with the food, you'd come in, ask your question, and leave (or decide whether to buy, and leave).

Out of curiosity, is it mostly Germans and Swiss that object to the nuanced nature of these rules? Because if that is the case I will understand.

>>55058071
Sounds like just about everyone at the game store would be happy to see you go.
>>
>>55058071
Ah, a member of one of those advanced cashless societies I have heard of. Do you have flying cars there, also?
>>
In my region parents use games workshops as free childcare.

I like the Spend x dollars to be here idea. Support the store.
>>
>>55055296
My god, someone rational. It's a miracle.
>>
>>55055018
Anyone that thinks getting prizes for something thats free to enter can be bad at all needs to seriously reconsider their mental health.
>>
>>55054936
Do/can campaigns be added to the setting? Maybe with a wiki or other web source.

Having an entire area able to play together and exchange stories sounds fucking amazing.
>>
>>55055296
>>55058727
How is it rational to assume that all customers are sure to eat at your store?
>>
>>55054614
>no food or drink from outside the store
kinda silly
>>55054614
>purchase a booster to be in the on the weekend
kinda silly but I get it
>>
>>55058689
Geez, that's gotta be rough. I doubt the average kid has any understanding or interest in miniature wargames, so it's probably as much of a recipe for disaster as dumping them in a library.
>>
>>55056626
It's horrors like those that make a man ask that age-old question that has troubled philosophers since ages old:
"What.... doth life?"
>>
>>55054614
1 and 4 are such shit they would genuinely turn me away from the store.

Rule 1 should be selectively enforced, if someone brings a fucking full course meal of greasy shit in, you are well within your rights to tell them to take it elsewhere, but banning people for packing reasonable lunches is bullshit. Rule 4 simply shouldn't exist.

Everything else is good. Some people may think the hygiene thing is unnecessary, and for most people it is, but it only takes one or two horrendous filthbeasts to grease up an entire store with their pungent stink.
>>
>>55056693
>>55056675
Did you know there's over 87 combinations of those soul-scalding words? I found out the hard way.
>>
>>55057571
My local store has a cafe part, this is likely similar.
>>
>>55058769
That is the case, and it seems to be a reoccurring GM, next time im in I'll get a bettre picture. There was once a no go zone on the map caused by players of another group and also an Auction system too.
>>
>>55057571
I don't have a problem with it. It might be a hassle but you can always just take a break and go eat food for half an hour, you rent the table for the whole day according to OP so it's not an issue.

I mean they've gotta shift the food somehow right? It might not be the most customer friendly decision but if I was the owner I might do the same thing.
>>
>>55059098
Around the corner there's a fast food restaurant, Literally around the corner, 2 minutes away and you're on the high street everything.

Its not a bad price to pay £3 for an entire day of gaming, codexes, scenery, lockers if needed and also WIFI
>>
File: dothlife.jpg (50KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
dothlife.jpg
50KB, 400x300px
>>55059019
>>
>Have LGS
>Been going there for 18 years
>Only rule is no haggling and all marked prices are final
>Owner is a huge sports nerd
>No one else besides myself who goes to the shop watches sports
>We talk sports all the time
>Will constantly lower prices for me all the time
>mfw
>>
>>55059137
Is this store in the UK anon and really, really close to the local GW? I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if I'm being stupid.
>>
That Guy stories?

>Classic/stereotypical neckbeard who wears Donald Trump and pepe shirts
>Has a SS-themed imperial guard covered with swaztikas and everything
>All he does is arrive, set up his nazi army, then sits in front of it excitedly with 1 leg shaking up and down
>Clearly wants someone to say something
>If anyone does say something he flips out and talks about his right to free speech and goes on an "acthually" rant about how not all germans were evil
>Will rant about bizarre things for hours on end to anyone who's there, even if they're clearly not listening. I've gotten a 30 minute earfull about the byzantine empire with some obviously BS claims like some emperor was a wizard who was assassinated by the pope on order of the jews
>I go to the bathroom and he's still yelling about the Byzantines through the door
>If he's winning he'll unironically yell "praise kek" and "oi vey!"
>On the more often occasion where he's losing, he gets incredibly flustered during games to the points to the point of throwing his own models on the floor
>One time he got so mad he tried to flip the table and ended up throwing a bunch of terrain pieces on the floor
>Owner keeps having to take him outside to calm him down and talk to him about not throwing a fit
>Turns out he's related to the owner and is forced to keep him around the store as familial obligation
>Owner quietly says he has "undiagnosed autism" and a learning disability
>Still, nobody feels bad for him
>>
>>55059167
It is a UK store, a local GW is about a 5- 10 minute walk away.
>>
>>55059247
Ah nevermind, thought it might have been a nearby store. It's about 2 shops away from the GW, the highstreet and fast food so I was curious.
>>
>>55058233
>Nah, the one guy is saying that he would leave the store out of indignation
Except I said nothing of the sort, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>55054614
>No food unless bought here
>Must buy booster pack
Fuck off. I'll go to amazon and meet in a member's house of my group.
>>
>>55054614
Only the booster rule is absurd. The rest are ok.
>>
>>55059373
>I'd turn around.
Sure thing, bud.
>>
>>55056483

>Yugioh's deal is that it has a lot of loud black guys who play

I wonder if that had anything to do with the "ancient Egyptians were actually black" meme
>>
>>55059663
I thought it was because black folk just love anime in general for some reason.
>>
>>55054913

Is that Heretic Games?
>>
>>55054614
>No eating food or drink not purchased from the store
Reasonable.

>No swearing or threatening behavior
Second clause is fine, I think I'd personally have problems trying to stick with the first one. I don't disagree with it, though, and I would at least make the attempt.

>Treat the scenery and tables with respect
Reasonable.

>You must purchase a booster to be in the store on a weekend
Wait, what? What if I'm not there to do anything Magic or whatever related? Like, I presume this is a typical hobby shop so it has D&D stuff and boardgames and the like. What I'm there to buy dice, or dungeon tiles, or something?

>Personal hygene is expected
Except for the spelling error (it's "hygiene"), I can fully back this.

>Failure to abide by the rules will result in being barred from the store.

I can't get behind this part in light of the "booster" rule, at least until it's clarified.
>>
File: 2017-08-25_15.07.14.jpg (64KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-25_15.07.14.jpg
64KB, 720x720px
>FULL OF THE TERRAIN
>FULL
Wew
>>
>>55060103
>FULL
not
>QUALITY
You're calling out the wrong lie, anon.
>>
>>55054614
Everything but the mandatory booster purchase looks good to me, and I could understand even that if the shop had no tabletop wargame space or didn't charge table fees.
>>
>>55054614
I have no dog in this fight, but I find all of the rules excluding the compulsory purchase acceptable. If the compulsory purchase was "booster pack or purchase of equal or greater value" I'd be cool with it, especially if food / drink purchase from store was covering it.

I think public swearing in a place of business isn't acceptable. If you walked into a book store or bed/bath/beyond and started cussing like a sailor, you'd be shown the door. Your thinking that it's acceptable in one place and being okay that it's not acceptable in another is telling the store owner you believe in a 2 tier system of respect for businesses. That's simply a wrong attitude to have.
>>
>>55056589
They could also be working alongside GW in an official capacity. The old LGS I used to go to had free table space and terrain because they were the host of the regional Warhammer tournament. GW gave them a ton of stuff to make the game look as good as possible.
>>
>>55054614
The Booster rule ought to be amended to "Booster or item of equivalent value." That way I can pick up that game I've been eyeing rather than having to shell out for an unrelated game.
>>
>>55060103
Mora than adequate for playing 40k and Age of Sigmar, the only games that really matter.
>>
I wish this board had IDs. I would wager with ease that OP/owner is well over (100) defending his shitty backwater GS
>>
>>55060880
Even then, they are losing the money they could be making.

Keep in mind that even in your scenario, I doubt GW built a new wing for the table space or pays their taxes on that space so there is a strong cost and opportunity cost that is nwhere near "free".
>>
>>55060979
>mostly barren playing field
>more than adequate for 40k

I bet you complain about cover being worthless and alpha strikes being too strong.
>>
>>55054831
christ m8, my gw has more terrain than that on its tables, and they downsized both of those to 2x2 for more hobby space.
>>
>>55060957
This.

And remember, this is a store which has a clientele which is used to interpreting rules literally. If the rule says "booster pack", a very large percentage of the customers or potential customers will think that they're not allowed to go into the store on a weekend with nothing but fifty pounds sterling in their pockets and walk out with nothing but fifty pounds sterling worth of stuff that isn't booster packs, especially given the last rule.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.