[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help /tg/. I looking to create a ranking system of demons,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1435622795946.jpg (144KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1435622795946.jpg
144KB, 572x303px
I need help /tg/. I looking to create a ranking system of demons, starting from Imp and going up, and I don't know nearly enough unique types of demons to fill out any kind of roster. The basic thing to consider is that all demons can become a higher tier in an almost Digimon like fashion..

Just to be clear, this isn't asking for help with the setting, but more "OP doesn't know that many types of demons."

So far I have
>The Lost: An unprocessed, mostly intangible ball of soul energy that was once a person, sent to the hell plane that has yet to 'become' something higher. Powerful souls change quickly, while some souls are too weak to ever catalyze and become a demon.
>Imp: The lowest demon on the totem pole, and what every Lost Soul turns into at first. Majority of the plane's denizens are imps, and while individual might may vary, the trait of Imps are their unnaturally high magic reserves. Powerful imps look like their original, previously mortal selves with some imperfections or changes (horns, unnatural eye color, etc), while weak imps look like short, almost exaggerated caricatures of their past selves.
>Fiend: Second level demon, and the choice of an Imp that prefers to use force. Sacrificed the magic reserves of their previous form to be able to channel magic through their body instinctively and get mad gains. Generally, most warrior type imps become this, and the fate of almost every fiend is either death in combat or an eventual promotion to something higher.
>Devil: Second level demon, with a focus on magic. Mostly non-combatant, focuses on gaining might and energy through more subtle means since they can't just rip it out of someone's chest like a Fiend can. Sometimes consider a two and a half level demon, as many Devils find their new social status and might enough of a difference from their previous status as an Imp that they simply never bother with raising to a higher level.
>>
>>55051038
>digimon
Immediately stopped and dropped your weebshit
>>
>>55051038
>Demon: Third level demon, and their outright confusing name is because this is what the mortal world generally knows of as a demon, since they are a favorite for cult summonings. Many Fiends run the risk of losing most of their higher reasoning, and just become battlefield brutes.
>Succubus/Incubus: Third level demon. A ballsier Devil, for the most part. Skips the contracts and just drains people and things of their energy directly. At this point, they start coming up with plans to get into the mortal plane and stay there, rather than just being temporarily summoned.

And that's it because I don't know what else to do besides stepping into general monster names and I feel that defeats the point.

>>55051058
Completely understandable, and I wish I had a better way to explain it without devolving into some tl;dr setting wankery. Apologies for leaving a bad taste in your mouth.
>>
Imp
Fiend
Devil
Archfiend (imp is to fiend as devil is to archfiend)
Superior (no magic but absolute authority over its own legion of ranks)
Demonlord (incredible power only a handful of demons in the world at this rank. Aside from having amazing combat strength and spellcasting talent, each has his own unique powers and quirks.)
Something Truly Special (one or two or no demons at this rank. Doesn't have a name because it is so extremely rare and unprecedented)
>>
>>55051038
>>55051189
In the broadest of strokes, that's already how D&D 3.5 demons and devils work.

More to the point, just fucking steal some? There's so much extant media exploring supernatural ideas that *being creative* will amount to investing time into making something that already exists, somewhere, in some form.
Better to start by doing your research. Then if you see a void to be filled, you can do that.
>>
>>55051427
I suppose you have a point. I was more looking for what names of demon types are called rather than archetypes to follow.Something to how there are angels, but there are different types of angels. Cherubim, seraphim, archangels, etc.

If I had just googled 'what are demons called' I likely would have been given a list of famous demons such as Baphomet and Beelzebub, rather than a list of species/races. I'll get on with researching, though; nothing to be gained by being too snowflakey with a setting only some half a dozen people will ever see.
>>
take a page out of the lesser key of solomon and just give them a noble rank.

you'd have page as bitchboy low level shit all the way up through duke and baron to high emperor of hell or whatever.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.