[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 486
Thread images: 111

File: IMG_2685.png (6MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2685.png
6MB, 2048x1536px
lewd battlebots edition

>Death Guard preview
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos finally got ONE
https://konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine and Codex Grey Knights FAQ
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
https://mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-Anon doing the Emperor's work)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: IMG_9730.jpg (89KB, 600x774px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9730.jpg
89KB, 600x774px
>>55049264
You bastard! You stole my thread... my dream... my lewd OP images
>>
File: Necron Formation infograph2.png (29KB, 800x739px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Formation infograph2.png
29KB, 800x739px
Second for help me refine my formation
>>
File: IMG_2976.jpg (122KB, 620x1166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2976.jpg
122KB, 620x1166px
>>55049301
There's nothing more sexy than the omnissiah's glory

and robots
>>
File: I require coolant.png (507KB, 819x975px) Image search: [Google]
I require coolant.png
507KB, 819x975px
>>55049301
Check out those bots... that is some lewwwwwwd shit right there.
>>
>>55049308
More Immortals. Most game stores aren't WIZYWIG anymore. Put your 20 man directly behind the immortals, @2" from base. Put your leaders in the 20 immortals. Stalker can technically be placed inside the formation due to it not having a base (I love that tactic) as long as its tiny little legs aren't resting on any bases.

Huddle together! Templates are gone!
>>
File: The Naming.png (68KB, 1510x224px) Image search: [Google]
The Naming.png
68KB, 1510x224px
The anon in this image made a Chaos Lord conversion and invoked the sacred 4chan naming ritual

This anon then proceeded to pick some dumb boring name instead of the one the gods of 4chan assigned him, blessing the chosen name with holy trips.

This anon is going to face severe consequences for his sacrilege.

Don't be like this anon.
>>
>>55049301
So I've wondered this, sisters of battle's armour has breast cups on them, but that's hardended ceramite, and probably is such thick armour it doesn't actually curve around the chest, so that leaves a lot of questions
>is all sororitas amour the same cup size?
>are sisters given armour to match their real cup size?
>are sisters asked what size cups they what their armour to have?
>are there flat chested sisters who have armour with DD cups as a way to overcompensate?
>do they receive random sizes?
>is it like a sorority white dress type thing where all the girls are wondering what size they'll be selected for?
This is important background lore!
>>
>>55049349
The problem with moving the leaders back is that I like to use them in melee. I beatstick the shit out of people with my HQ's. But I do approve of more immortals AND using warriors. I just need to get more immortals because I only have 5, and I generally dont use them over more warriors.
>>
Sell me on either Khorne or Slaanesh. Trying to figure out who my warband should dedicate themselves too.
>>
File: sisters of battle3.jpg (64KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
sisters of battle3.jpg
64KB, 500x501px
>>55049301
>>
>>55049374
What a fucked up thing to do.
>>
File: 1503435891984.jpg (233KB, 508x826px) Image search: [Google]
1503435891984.jpg
233KB, 508x826px
So what releases are you waiting for?
>>
>Chaos finally wins one
>Xenos not acknowledged

lel
>>
>>55049374
Even the guardfag accepted his name when he got "King nigger jew". This anon is a disgrace to his god and to /tg/.
>>
>>55049418
necron codex
>>
File: xfwb5u.jpg (61KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
xfwb5u.jpg
61KB, 600x750px
>>55049418
The sweat release of death, duh.
>>
>>55049418
necron codex
>>
File: IMG_7207.jpg (77KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7207.jpg
77KB, 620x877px
>>55049418
Guard, my balls are pretty blue after that whole necromunda fiasco
>>
>>55049418
Codex Adeptus Astartes: Primaris Marines.
>>
>>55049418
Multipart intercessors
>>
File: DeathGuardArmyShot_Content.jpg (789KB, 1000x643px) Image search: [Google]
DeathGuardArmyShot_Content.jpg
789KB, 1000x643px
give nurgles pls
>>
>>55049418
Robotman codex, very surprised we're getting it so early. Other than that, Necromunda.
>>
>>55049396
Switch your cryptek with Illuminor Szeras, change your Trazyn to Anrakyr, and make sure your Overlord has a Staff of Light for adaptability. Change your Lychguard to BnP Praetorians. When I say burry your leaders in the blob, put them 1-base-length behind your front line of warriors so they can charge out from the blob. Your Lychguard/Praetorians will eat a charge or charge in for Anrakyr to charge into their butt and do some melee. His +1 attack aura does affect the Praetorians (no <dynasty> tag)

>>55049418
>>55049433
>>55049450
Mah niggas.
>>
>>55049418
New berzerker sculpts and Angron.
>>
>>55049393
SoB get their armour onces they turn into a militant Sister.
Assuming the church does not go full retard it should be around 25 years old so they are sure the SoB is no longer growing up.

Humans in power armour go full humanity fuck yeah resulting in over the top physical characteristics.
Hence why Coteaz has a triangle shape it is made manly as fuck. Same goes for SoB tits and hips are girly as fuck those and echanct.

There is a smaller bit of lore (the fuck if i remember, dark heresy rulebook maybe) where SoB rub sacred oils before putting on their armour.

TL:DR tits are for show regardless if they can fill them
>>
>>55049264
What power mauls do I use for my human characters?

Specifically Scions.

Power Maul models seem to basically not exist, and what few do seem to be for Marines or Terminators.
>>
If I round up a bunch of people and kill them all to summon some bloodletters, is that sorcery and will Khorne forsake me for it?
>>
>>55049484
>SoB rub sacred oils before putting on their armour

L-lewd
>>
File: imperial center 2.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
imperial center 2.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
I'm bored, so I'm reposting my short battle report from my game this week. Apologies if you've seen it already, just tune me out if that's the case.

+++BATTLE REPORT INCOMING+++

Short game this week. Two horde-ish armies bring played by newish players, so we barely got through 2 turns before the store started closing. This was probably more my fault given how many characters were packed into the list I was using. The game was 2000 points, my Armageddon 27th vs Tyranids of an unspecified hive fleet.
>>
>>55049467
The paint scheme on those storm troopers is bad ass, totally steals the scene from the blah nurgle shit next to it.
>>
File: adeptus mechanicus.jpg (278KB, 1161x972px) Image search: [Google]
adeptus mechanicus.jpg
278KB, 1161x972px
>>55049301
>>
>>55049458
Damn dude, What time-zone is two weeks behind?
>>
>>55049488
I use the Skittles Arc Mauls, they're decent enough.
>>
>>55049488
Power maul are easy as fuck to make.
Random bits or cogs on a stick and bam! Maul.
>>
>>55049504

+++Armageddon 27th Iron Horses+++

Pictured is my list. After last week’s game, which illustrated to me how stupidly powerful IG can be this edition, I decided to retire that list and try something more like the exact opposite of the usual conscipts/scion combo with russ support.

Instead, I went with:

>6x infantry teams
>3x Salamander scout vehicles
>1x Ogryn unit of 4
>9x mortar teams, 1x lascannon team
>Yarrick, priest, Straken, Nork, commissar, 2x captains
>1 of each assassin and an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor
>A chimera for just about everything

My goal here was a melee-centric list that uses Yarrick’s reroll 1s ability, Straken’s +1 attack, the priest’s +1 attack, and the Fix Bayonets! order to get 5 attacks in melee per turn per guardsmen. Instead of sitting back and shooting, I would run right into the enemy’s face and pummel him with a hurricane of tiny fists.
>>
File: Tyranid Hive Fleet 2000 points.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranid Hive Fleet 2000 points.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>55049522

+++Tyranid Hive Fleet+++

Here is the Tyranid list. I don’t know much about their codex, but I know he took:

>a big unit of Carnifex including Old One Eye
>another sizable units of Zoanthropes
>some biovores
>a big clump of genestealers and cultists
>2 swarms of shooty gaunts
>shooty warriors
>some huge warlord that conferred FNP and respawned gaunts

Those Carnifex in particular would turn out to be a huge problem.
>>
>>55049488
Any stick, staff, cane, club, or non sword/axe/spear looking weapon.

Tempestor prime has a pretty neat skull staff maul.
>>
File: IMG_9865.jpg (92KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9865.jpg
92KB, 500x552px
>>55049484
>Sisters of oil
>lewd sisters canon
>>
>>55049301
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET REKT ANIMEFAG
>>
>>55049514
I never even considered this, I had not even looked at the their models since the army launched. Thanks!
>>
File: setup.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
setup.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>55049536

+++Mission+++

The rolled mission was relic, the rolled deployment was Dawn of War (I think – the 12” from table edge one). Tyranids finished deployment first and got +1, which gave them the first turn.

I threw quite a bit of terrain on the table for this one since /tg/ feedback last game was not enough terrain. My army was definitely shootier than his, so if anything I thought it would give the bugs a marginal advantage. I did not randomly scatter the terrain and kept it balanced instead.
>>
File: deployment.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
deployment.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>55049551

+++Deployment+++

As before, I put the Salamanders on the flanks with the intent to get deployment zone points and maybe harass biovores. The nucleus of my army was the bunch of characters and the 60 infantry + Ogryns, which I intended to just throw right at him and see what happened. They all went packed into the center ready to swarm the relic. Mortars and lascannons went in the backfield with the vindicare, the Culexus tailed a vehicle in the center and the Callidus and Eversor went into reserve.

I forgot to roll to seize initiative. Because I am retarded.
>>
>>55049418

Orks.

W-waaagh...
>>
I kind of want to post batreps, but I don't want to take photos of my games because I feel like it'd be awkward.
Would it be weird if I posted batreps without taking pics?
>>
>>55049543
SoB also do naked vigils on stone floors.
Vest made out of hair for???
Write with a barbe wire pen
(3rd edition rule book)
>>
File: turn 1.png (7MB, 3000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
turn 1.png
7MB, 3000x1500px
>>55049566

+++Turn 1+++

The bugs advanced in the center with almost everything, getting to within 3” of the relic. Biovores, warriors, and Zoanthropes all nuked the lascannon team right off the bat and killed all of them. A few shots were fired at the mortars, too, but only resulted in a spore mine drifting menacingly close to them.

On my turn, the Salamanders zoomed up the flanks while every single chimera emptied its passengers,then drove up behind them for support. 60 guardsmen and 4 Ogryns, stirred to righteous frenzy by the Ministorum priest, Yarrick’s speech over the internal vox, and Straken’s gung ho battlecry all moved right up to the insectoid menace. My lines ended up about 6-8 inches away, so I decided to direct all my shooting at the carnifexes, his warlord, and the zoanthropes lest he pick off lots of gaunt casualties to prevent the charge I wanted to get. The Vindicare landed 3 wounds on the warlord, the Eversor popped up behind the warriors, and the Zoanthropes were surprised to learn that one of them had been a Callidus all along.

The Eversor rolled well on his charge, but the warriors did better with 2 6s on overwatch that inflicted 9 wounds on the assassin. He went down like a bitch before doing anything at all. The Callidus had a bit more luck and inflicted 2 wounds on a Zoanthrope with her phase blade, conveniently ignoring their 3+ invul saves. The Culexus fared best of all and, charged by so many psykers around him, drilled 5 wounds onto Old One Eye with his animus speculum.

All the infantry made it into charge, eating about 10 casualties from 30+ overwatch shots per gaunt unit but shrugging off the losses and ramming in with 3 attack a piece. By the end of the bayonet charge I had killed maybe 20 gaunts, and the Ogryn had put 3 wounds on a carnifex.
>>
>>55049478
I dislike BnP Praetorians. They have the extra attack it seems now, but I just prefer the AP -3 shooting. Especially with the people that I frequently play with. I do need to get Szeras and Anrakyr still. Anrakyr is such a good character. I have yet to complete my Named HQ collection. And I still prefer Orikan over Szeras anyway because of his better beatstick ability, Szeras upgrades are a little too random for my tastes without a chance to use it a few times as test. And the Cryptek's 5+ invuln against shooting has saved me more times than I want to have had to happen.
>>
How would you guys design some new crusader units?
>>
File: turn 2.png (6MB, 3000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
turn 2.png
6MB, 3000x1500px
>>55049591

+++Turn 2+++

The nids reeled from the unexpected charge of human fleshbags, withdrawing with the gaunts and Zoanthropes. Purestrain genestealers outflanked with cultists in tow and charged in on a mortar team, while the warlord bug advanced to tie up the guard infantry and cover the diminished gaunt swarms (really the casualties ended up about 50/50 at this point for the gaunt/guard melee). Nid shooting was light since most units were falling back or in combat, but the zoanthropes nearly smote the Callidus to death, her life spared by 4 simultaneous 4+ invul saves. The infantry took more losses, but even with morale losses kept the bugs tied up across the entire front. Old One Eye kills 3 Ogryn in a single round of combat.

(It has since been pointed out to me you can't take invul saves against smite. This was an error on our parts)

1/2
>>
>>55049587
I did that a few times, but nobody seems to pay any attention to them, and people already barely seem to care about battle reports with pictures.
>>
>>55049587
You could take a shot of your army before the game starts as like a header for it or something. I was wondering this too actually. I doubt anyone I play with would give a shit about me taking pictures but at the same time it would be awkward and I don't want to slow down an already slow enough game by taking pictures every damn turn.
>>
File: Ogryn smash into Carnifex.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Ogryn smash into Carnifex.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>55049625

IG is up. Those infantry squads locked in combat pull out, and those out line up into orderly ranks. Get Back in the Fight! And First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire! Orders cover the field and lasgun volleys chew up the already-depleted bug ranks and tack a few wounds on the monsters. The Culexus again takes 3 wounds on the enemy warlord, though his psykout grenade completely fails to wound. The Vindicare knock a few wounds off, too, and the Ordo Xenos Inquisitor dominates Old One Eye and tries to force him to use crushing claws on the carnifex next to him. All four attack miss. Finally, all the chimeras hear the mortar team getting torn apart behind them, turn around, and light up that terrain piece with heavy flamers, multilasers, and heavy stubbers, dropping all the genestealers but 1 and the broodlord.

The entire Imperial line charges back into melee. Straken compeltely fails to wound the warlord, and Yarrick fails to wound Old One Eye. Nork does headbutt the warlord for 3 wounds, though, yet it is not enough to fell the beast. As an afterthought I throw the attacks of my last 12 guardsmen at the thing and they take the last wound down, killing it with monoknife bayonets. victory is fleeting, though, as old One Eye gets his vengeance and lands 9 wounds on Yarrick, whose refractor field stops all but 2 of them. He fails one of his 3+ get back up rolls, which I spend a command point to reroll and he still fails it. Fuck.

2/2
>>
Was the Primaris LT not released? I can't find the model.
>>
File: cute rowbutts.jpg (1013KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
cute rowbutts.jpg
1013KB, 2688x1520px
>>55049264
Battlebot a cute!
>>
>>55049622
Give them Eviserator options.
>>
File: center melee.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
center melee.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>55049637

+++Aftermath+++

At this point the store is about to close, so we call it a draw. While it’s clear the battle will swing my way when one of my many character picks up the relic and just runs away with it, all my infantry and vehicles blocking for him, at this stage of the game both warlords are dead and both deployment zones are violated. We shake hands and promise to start the next game earlier should we ever play again (2 turns took almost 3 hours).

I was disappointed with the Callidus and Eversor assassins, and the Ogryn definitely didn’t do well against the carnifexes, especially Old One Eye. It seems like I should have used FRFSRF on the bugs during turn 1 instead of charging with all my infantry, which did almost as much damage to me as to him. Then again, it did invalidate many of his units, which all fell back or were locked the following turn. Altogether it was a fun gimmick to try, but I’m not convinced it’s better than just shooting those lasrifles instead.

Straken’s buff was good, but he himself didn’t do anything at all, even with his anti-monster ability. Yarrick likewise did nothing at all – really the only characters that pulled their weight were the vindicare, culexus, and Nork, who did more damage than all the officers combined just by slamming his face into the biggest bug on the table.

Fun game, but I’m hoping to actually get a full 6 turns in sometime in the future.
>>
File: IMG_0748.jpg (88KB, 494x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0748.jpg
88KB, 494x639px
Soon
>>
File: Callidus leaps into Zoanthropes.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Callidus leaps into Zoanthropes.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>55049658
>>
>>55049418
Tyranids for new Lictor models, IG because new infantry might be cool and chapter approved to see if theres anything cool.

Death Guard is going to be cool, if there arent any other Primaris stuff this year then Im definitely making a 1000pt DG terminator force and then wait for EC to get their codex to add another 1000pts.
>>
>>55049678
>>
>>55049633
But sometimes cool shit happens in my game that I want to share, like a daemon prince tearing a storm raven out of the air, or a terminator sorcerer going toe to toe with a captain and a lieutenant at the same time, or Lucius the Eternal and a squad of lightning claw chosen bringing down a horde of genestealers well over double their own number.
>>55049634
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's awkward.
>>
>>55049640
not standalone. currently only available in the dark imperium box.
>>
File: HArlequins.jpg (111KB, 736x1020px) Image search: [Google]
HArlequins.jpg
111KB, 736x1020px
>>55049418
>>
>>55049698
>>
>>55049595
BnP beats out the RoC in pure numbers (6.30 Wounds vs 5.56 Wounds on manlets, not including Anrakyr leadership and aura). And I am talking about raw tournament list, not kitchen table.

Szeras is a reliable lascannon, something our army is in short supply with and on a mobile platform (at 3+, can advance and shoot, can be given a +1 to-hit with Anrakyr leadership). Melee is nice, but you will have melee elsewhere (Wraiths, Praetorians, etc.) Don't lose sight that we are a shooty first army with a melee vanguard and leadership. Orikan is good only because of his powered up form is permanent. You get more from cover than a 5+ invuln, anyways.

Szeras' +1 strength is a joke, but 20 S5 warrior charging in on manlets after double tapping is disgusting. +1 toughness and +1 BS are the ones we really care about. So he is cocaine 66% of the time and icing at 33% of the time.
>>
>>55049418
AdMech new models and codex
>>
> Best looking model in the entire franchise
> No rules to use it in 40K

Why are we here? To suffer?
>>
Do harlequins drink the Ynnari cool-aid or are they still dicking around doing their own thing?
>>
>>55049753
>Best looking

Life must be suffering when you have shit taste.
>>
>>55049264
>tfw you play Admech, and even you didnt expect to be the first non-marine codex to be released.

I am a happy beep boop. Although, I still can't believe we beat out the Space Woofs, the Dork Gayngels, the Asstra Miliretardumb and the Blood Angles.
>>
>>55049756
Aren't the Quins like essentially NAP with everyone? Like even get a pass to visit Imperium worlds. They do their own thing always
>>
>>55049418
Thousand Sons, daemons, and/or Necron codex.
>>
>>55049766
>Not liking giant golden knights with flaming swords

Go back to your NPCs please
>>
>>55049773
It is a good feeling, I wonder what our Strategems are gonna be, or what the differing Forge World rules are. Hopefully not just copy and pasted marine ones.
>>
how many lascannon would you say is optimal for a multipurpose chaos army that will run into IG, orks, tau, and eldar on the regular?
>>
>>55049830
That tech-priest looks likes he is getting a little too excited watching that world go up in flames

Hard to blame him though
>>
>>55049728
Szeras' +1 strength would be extremely good for Praetorians in general and Lychguard with shield. It would make them wound on 2's against most IG and Eldar units.

My heavy melee focus, which I say is a melee 'focus' but I still have the extreme amount of shooty we have in general, really lends to strong beatstick HQ's like Obyron and Trazyn. Especially Trazyn bonking characters and spitting mortal wounds at people. Since his attacks do D3 damage, the Lychguard can split attacks to whittle down any sargent or other leader to 2 wounds then let Trazyn mulch it to get the mortal wounds on everything else around it.
>>
>>55049854
You can only Szeras Warriors and Immortals

Trazyn is just an aufl HQ, and I love the guy. He has a worse Warscythe and it only does a mediocre thing if he kills a Character... in an edition where killing a regular HQ is something that happens round 3 or 4. And his stand up with 1d3 wounds on a full health Overlord or Lord with 5 or 4 wounds, is just terrible. Wait til they fix him or put him on the shelf.

How many Heavy Destroyers are you fielding? I hope you say 3 or you have a very specialized army, and not in the good way.
>>
>>55049753
I have no fucking idea why GW hates money so much. I'd blow my hot load all over their wallets if they opened up even half of the FW Custodes units to 40k.

>>55049766
Different anon, but I cannot imagine how trash the rest of your opinions are on anything if you don't think the Custodes Contemptors are fucking sick looking.
>>
>>55049694
>new lictor models
Muh nigga, plastic lictors would be great.
>>
>>55049899
I will continue to use Trazyn exclusively on the his performance in my games until he finally stops doing well for me. He was also my very first named HQ. Once I get started at my new job im going to put out some money on the rest of the named HQ's and some destroyers and more immortals and at least one more group of Lychguard.

And I dont have any destroyers, someone stole them while I was at a shop in Dallas-Ft.Worth a couple months ago. I only had the 1 heavy destroyer too.
>>
Trying to pick an army, I like Orks, but they seem sort of limiting compared to going with chaos or the imperium, since you have the potential for more room to grow, or am I just being a faggot about it?
>>
>>55049707
Goddamn. Guess I could convert.
>>
So I'm working on a Deathwatch Fire Raptor. Is using the Raptors shoulder pad for the pilot too subtle a pun?
>>
>>55049854
Just so you know sergeants aren't characters and don't count for trazyns weapon ability.
>>
>>55049972
>Dallas-Ft. worth
Where brah?
>>
What would happen if you were a relic dreadnought serving alongside some Mechanicus forces and the magi kept fondling your servos?

Should you report it to your chaplain?
>>
>>55049972
Well, I feel for you son. And as long as you are having fun, more power to you. But if you go into any tourneys, don't expect to place too high.
>>
>>55049809
>>55049906
Boxnaught is the only walking death machine I need in my life. All the others are just trying too hard in a vain attempt to compensate for knowing the fact they will never even come close to the perfection of the castaferrum pattern dreadnought.
>>
File: 1496795544116.png (539KB, 1120x905px) Image search: [Google]
1496795544116.png
539KB, 1120x905px
>>55049986

Pick whichever army looks coolest to you.

You're gonna be spending a shitload of time assembling, modeling, and painting your models, so they have to be models that you think are fuckin' rad.

Unless you have a very specific playstyle that you really like (ranged vs assault vs defensive vs whatever) because some armies do better with certain playstyles.
>>
>>55050032
I dunno, Ork Cylinder Dredds are pretty cool.
>>
>>55050032

Old boxnaughts are tiny and ugly on a modern table.

It's like someone playing with RT models.
>>
>>55050063
Ha, it's literally a can of whoop-ass.
Less can be said for actual killa-kans though; you need quite a few for them do get much done.
>>
>>55049694
>>55049940

My ideal set of releases for Tyranids would just be two kits:

A Bio/Pyrovore dual kit that redesigns Biovores.

And a Lictor kit paired with a new elite infantry unit, possibly something like mini-Dimachaerons.
>>
>>55050068
>shit taste; the post.
>>
File: 1480043405840.jpg (397KB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1480043405840.jpg
397KB, 3000x2400px
>>55050068

The size difference between old and new Dreadnoughts is borderline imperceptible. The only real size difference is one or two of the weapon arms.
>>
File: Konor Apocalypse Deployment.jpg (333KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Konor Apocalypse Deployment.jpg
333KB, 1368x1026px
>>55050007
I live in San Marcos, but I was in DFW and visited Cosmic Asylum for just a pick up game and when I went to the bathroom someone swiped my destroyers and left. They never found them or the guy so I never got them back. :(

>>55050029
I dont play tournaments, I tried it once and had absolutely 0 fun despite placing 3rd with my unoptimal list and pissing off like 20 other people who realized I wasnt playing optimal. Monolith make Girlyman go kill with Eternity gate. Finally lost to riptides but not before I took down 4 of his 6.

Its nice to get to talk Necrons with someone else who understands them a bit. I only know one other necron player and he just started the hobby last month so he isnt exactly a wellspring of theorycrafting.
>>
>>55049832
Anywhere from 0 to as many has you can possibly take.

No seriously. If orks guy is horde and IG or eldar goes mech you're screwed if you don't go all in on either crushing horde or killing tanks.
>>
>Robby G has three lore confirmed scars that aren't healed fully
>sucked out of an airlock at calth
>head smashed in by lorgar
>Throat slit by fulgrim
Does his 40k model reflect any of this or do modelers not care about lore and wanted him to have a perfect face?
>>
File: Bullgryn Bullying Wyches.jpg (589KB, 1417x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Bullgryn Bullying Wyches.jpg
589KB, 1417x1063px
>>55049522
I like your list. I did a 1500 point game a little while back with Yarrick and Straken and focused it around punching people. It was a blast, pic related.

I also did a list recently that was melee focused that used Celestine, a Canoness, Death Cult Assassins, Crusaders and Bullgryn and my usual Conscript blob and 3 infantry squad combo. Good fun.
>>
>>55050061
But I think that somewhat dances around my point, sticking with Orks seems to lock me into a limited number of play styles, compared to say going with chaos, which would let me use chaos marines, and demons, and knights.
>>
File: Sa'cea_Fire_Warrior.jpg (22KB, 400x335px) Image search: [Google]
Sa'cea_Fire_Warrior.jpg
22KB, 400x335px
>>55049418
T'au Empire.

Need my Sept rules.
>>
>>55050118
is that orange on your dudes supposed to be like prison jumpsuits?
>>
>>55050112
>Basilisks facing sideways directly behind a building
>Can somehow shoot the enemy forces on the other side of the board
I'm all for basilisks but this shit is just inexcusably retarded.
>>
>>55050091

They were always ugly and the topic of many jokes for as long as they were around.

Don't worry though, I'm sure GW will keep waddling washing machines around until the nostalgia runs dry.
>>
>>55049418
Dark Eldar Dex.

With Plastic Incubi, more Archon wargear options, No Escape on Reavers/Hellions, Kabal/Cult rules, and some shenanigans from the old Covens supplement built into Stratagems.
>>
>>55049418
Necromunda followed by plastic sisters. Please... I've been patient these last 20 years.
>>
>>55050117
Well it's not the real girlyman, so it makes sense
>>
>>55050162
Yeah it was my attempt at penal legion dudes that I use as conscripts.
>>
>>55050196
cool
>>
>>55050173
They suffered for that crap. I Doomsday Ark'd one of the missile launchers and it exploded and destroyed another one which exploded and all the combined MW's destroyed them. Dont you just love the lack of 'facing' now?
>>
>>55049418
Wait till next year's Necron codex.
>crossing my fingers for new models for Flayed Ones and a Bad Ass Silent King model!
>>
>>55050188
Honestly, if they're willing to release new Necromunda, then I bet their willing to release plastic sisters. The initial cost of making new models is rather large, but as I said, if they're willing to take the risk with Necromunda then sisters seems like a reasonable expectation.
>>
File: IMG_6187.jpg (74KB, 600x795px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6187.jpg
74KB, 600x795px
Something cool I realized about imperial/Eldar/chaos having access to all their armies is you can basically make legal counts as models
For example
>buy a squadron of predators and captain
>convert them to look as guard as possible, completely kitbash the captain if you want
>basically say they are a different regiment that uses advanced vehicals and power armour for their officers
While obviously it leans towards cheese it allows some cool fluffy head canon shinanigans too
>>
>>55049996
No. Do it.
>>
I wish DW could use special ammo with storm bolters.
>>
>>55050234
I'm certainly hopeful. I wish they'd give us a date on Necromunda, so I could decide if I want to spend a few bucks on other things before it comes out. But I guess GW wants me to be on the edge of my seat ready to preorder the starter set and any additional gangs the moment they announce a date.
>>
>>55050213
>Silent King model
That boner has been up for about 6 years for me. I would love to finally [hotglue] that shit. Fuck Imotekh
>>
>>55050266
That, and units got Special Issue Ammo for being in the army. As is, Watch Captains don't have it.
>>
File: MeatFucks.jpg (86KB, 860x645px) Image search: [Google]
MeatFucks.jpg
86KB, 860x645px
Got a squad of scouts I'm going to use for SWA and Kill Team, they all have snappy nicknames because they're aloof badass cunts, except for the one with the helmet and the boltgun, his name is Dave and he is the designated straight man. I was thinking of painting them as Crimson Fists because I think their cool, but I'm open to suggestions. Anyone got any chapters I should consider?
>>
>>55050354
People still play SWA?
>>
>>55050151
Wonder how many they'll include
Especially since Enclaves is far more fleshed out than any other possible <Sept>

>>55050091
Yeah, boxnaughts are awesome and reflect their tomb nature.
Other dreadnoughts, newer ones are fugly robot looking things that are ultra generic. Big suit man bot is covered in spades
>>
>>55050113
I can run 2 C-beam, and about 4-5 lascannon if I squeeze them in. I have 4 more lascannon in the mail.

Do you focus fire veh for orks or just punch the horde?
>>
File: Night Rape.png (153KB, 678x651px) Image search: [Google]
Night Rape.png
153KB, 678x651px
>>55049431
>>
>>55050373
I have a friend in my 40k group who's interested and hopefully I can get others interested as well.

Thank you for the snarky comment instead of suggestions for SM Chapters
>>
>>55050266
Yeah, DW seems rushed and hit/miss

Take vanguard vets, literally worse than normal vanguards but 2 points more. And you replace their pistols anyway with wargear.

But bikers get special ammo and wreck face with it.
>>
File: Time for Jack to... Let it RIP.jpg (209KB, 671x973px) Image search: [Google]
Time for Jack to... Let it RIP.jpg
209KB, 671x973px
>>55050373
I played last weekend with a bunch of other dudes but everyone playing spent most of it chatting about how awesome it will be to have Necromunda back. So it's more of just a placeholder.
>>
>>55050354
Make them Raptors and paint them as tributes to the cast of Predator.
>>
could I start a titan army? like a maniple with admech allies want to end up with at least 2 warhounds and a warlord. im trying to stick with legio titanica with only a small amount of allies.
>>
Konor campaign is still going, are chaosfags finally believing in the power of soul grinders? (and knights and titans)
>>
File: 1498787628027.jpg (22KB, 612x401px) Image search: [Google]
1498787628027.jpg
22KB, 612x401px
>>55050456
Holy fuck I didn't think of that, that's a great idea
>>
>>55050439
Oh well, if new Necromunda rules are good, I'm sure fans or GW will convert SWA kill teams into it pretty quickly.
>>
>>55050459
You absolutely can.
You absolutely can shell out 1000s of pounds too.
You absolutely, can expect few people to ever play you again.
>>
File: 1503008736008.png (77KB, 301x312px) Image search: [Google]
1503008736008.png
77KB, 301x312px
>>55050354
Crimson Fists are a good idea. Another chapter that you could do would probably be either Raptors or Raven Guard since they employ heavy usage of scouts on missions.
>>
>>55050470
If you do go for it, I look forward to seeing the pics. They look pretty cool already, so I honestly look forward to seeing them finished no matter what chapter you go with.
>>
>>55049418
Guard codex, I guess. Although I only need three entries out of it.
>>
>>55050476
I only play with one friend anyway not a fan of the hobby stores as I dont know any of them. I mean this isnt a waac its just I love giant fucking robots and titans are awsome.
>>
File: 11651651516.jpg (676KB, 1000x1348px) Image search: [Google]
11651651516.jpg
676KB, 1000x1348px
>>55050459
No one plays at that kind of points level, you can certainly do that but waiting for Adeptus Titanicus is probably better.
>>
File: 1495962143322.jpg (38KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
1495962143322.jpg
38KB, 500x548px
Why do people play with in primed models?

It honestly seems the laziest thing to do, like even just fucking PRIME your models, fucks sake I'm not a good painter bit at least I try
>>
File: JNjv22A.jpg (958KB, 1500x1563px) Image search: [Google]
JNjv22A.jpg
958KB, 1500x1563px
>>55049393
Pure speculation here, but I imagine its mostly ornamental and the all the same size. Given that SoB were organized as they are to get around the letter of the decree passive it makes a certain sense to extravagantly emphasize their "femaleness" with big titty armor. That means they probably picked a pretty big cup size for the armor that fits most girls and add padding on the inside to fit the owner. If there's a sister with really big tits I'd imagine she actually just gets a breast reduction.
>>
>>55050539
some people are slow and are more interested in playing.
I don't mind because I get to brag about my army being fully painted and based and point out all the details while my models are removed as casualties
>>
>>55050112
>San Marcos
My nigga

I live In New Braunfels; what shop do you go to?
>>
>>55050420
My hope is in their book, the special ammo will be like a chapter trait, so it extends to anyone who gets it.
>>
>>55050553
>makes a certain sense to extravagantly emphasize their "femaleness" with big titty armor.
Shit, that actually does make some good sense.
>>
File: 1497241095955.png (410KB, 733x510px) Image search: [Google]
1497241095955.png
410KB, 733x510px
>>55050557
bet you get a lot of time to point out details then lmao
>>
File: 1499061988463.jpg (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499061988463.jpg
100KB, 500x500px
>>55050553
Or has to rub some extra oil on to squeeze them in...
>>
>>55050491
Thanks
I will definitely be posting pictures in /wipg because I spend most of my time on /tg there, but I'll try to remember to post them in here. I might end up with Crimson Fists anyway since I don't have an olive drab paint, but I'll definitely be milling it over until I get to painting them.
>>
>>55050584
Collin's store on South Lamar in Austin. You should come this weekend for the Apocalypse match, we did one several weeks ago and it was awesome.
>>
>>55049504
Lovin' the paintjobs on the tanks. Love a good paint job with some cool terrain.
>>
>>55050528
if only the legio had sime cheaper ground units aside from the titan guard. yeah they are to many points. maybe ill get a warhound and just add that to a mechanicus list.my poor giant robots.

>>55050634
>the autist titan on the right
ew
>>
>>55050553
Holy shit they must have no back problems.
I mean how many girls get power armor bras?
>>
>>55050634
>All those recast, old eldar models

Disgusting
>>
File: 1498746739080.png (128KB, 1018x919px) Image search: [Google]
1498746739080.png
128KB, 1018x919px
>>55049753
>>
>>55050702
this so much this
>>
>>55050702
That is the old Armorcast, its legit, just super old. I do agree though, disgusting.
>>
>>55050528
Who here's gonna really invest in a mini titan army for titanicus?.....I fucking will.
>>
>>55050718
And 10 plus years still unpainted? Holy shit.
>>
>>55050702
>hating on armorcast scorpions/phantoms
actual plebeian
>>
File: 20170820_160158.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170820_160158.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>55050634
Sounds pretty tight; unfortunately, work is going to be a bitch this weekend, since I'm in the middle of transistioning from a night shift job to a morning one. Plus, I already had plans for a big 2000 point narrative game with my buddy.

To make up for it, have one of my skittles surrounded by Screaming elves.
>>
File: 1394546455449.jpg (144KB, 782x546px) Image search: [Google]
1394546455449.jpg
144KB, 782x546px
So how's the Spartan? As I predator user I like the look of all those lascannons, but that shit sure is expensive
>>
>>55050634

Why must Apoc games always be superheavy slugfests? Does no one else want to see swarms of infantry and tanks maneuvering around your giant death machine's legs?
>>
Would a daemon prince that's a torso with bursting from the ground be acceptable? Thinking of using the soul grinder torso as a base, then adding extra spider arms and a head.

Hell, depending on the size I could make the torso be appearing out of a portal I guess
>>
>>55050769
Portal would be far cooler
>>
>>55050769
As long as it's roughly the same size as a standard daemon prince most stores would accept your conversion.
>>
>>55050749
Regardless, theres going to be plenty of pictures on the facebook page, definitely something to look through.

>>55050759
I agree. But I didnt bring any big stuff that day, I literally ran all of my HQ's my Lychguard and praetorians a Ghost ark, Doomsday Ark, and Triarch stalker. Then later on we brought out 100 warriors and shot shit with the hoard. It was fun but I would still rather just see a colossal amount of small stuff in a match this big.
>>
>>55049482
They will fuck them up though. Another kit of AoS trash and fug huge Angron in mid flight that is supported by a tiny pole and wings so huge, they would make the hero from huge quest blush
>>
>>55049418
Dark Eldar and Daemon Codexes.
>>
>>55050769
I mean i dont see why not. My DP right now is just one of those winged undead modles from the Nagash release AKA obviously the perfect Iron Warriors DP untill I figure out what I want to use to convert one
>>
>>55050746
>Pretending to like old models to seem cool

Yeah, we get it
But anyone with two eyes can see they look like complete ass
>>
>>55050791
I'll have to check out the size of the mutalith chaos vortex beast or whatever it's called from fantasy when I get home.
>>
>>55050833
Just make one out of white glue/water effects and food coloring
>>
>>55050759
Read or listen to "Betrayer", skip to the last 2 hours of audio for the best show of what "Apoc" should be
>tons of warriors fighting at the feet of massive war machines, legendary heroes battling it out in a planet set to be executed
>>
>>55050758
Its an assault transport. Good for armies that need that. Laser Destroyers work well against LoW too.
>>
>>55050924
I'm absolutely terrible at that kind of thing
>>
>>55050553
>sisters aren't super feminine due to eye candy or 1980s warrior girls aesthetic
>it's because they literally had to be instantly recognizable as female
>if a sister was too masculine looking or acting she would be properly "feminized" so that she could be easily recognized
>may have even started the trend of few sisters wearing helmets
I like this lore
>>
>>55050829
>But
In a game about lost technology and the passing of ages, older models are thematically appropriate.
>>
I have about 50 cadian troops. What should i do with them?
>>
>>55050983
Never said they weren't
Just that they look horrible
>>
>>55051025
Burn them
>>
>>55051025
Eat them

I hear it gives you super strength
>>
File: tg makes crusaders.png (458KB, 942x835px) Image search: [Google]
tg makes crusaders.png
458KB, 942x835px
OC pls improve
>>
>>55051062
Needs more wounds
>>
Any one want to try and sell me on the merits of taking an exocrine over a tyrannofex? Deffinitely buying one this week just not sure which?
>>
>>55049400
When you play Doom what do you like better?

The ripping and tearing and blowing shit up?

Or the kick ass metal music?
>>
>>55051062
>4+ FNP
Daemons completely incapable of feeling pain only get a 5+
Why would some guy get a 4+ cus he's pious?

That, and 4+ is too powerful.
>>
>>55051084
The exocrine is just straight better. The rupture cannon just isn't reliable enough compared to 12 plasma shots.
>>
>>55051121
>Daemons completely incapable of feeling pain only get a 5+

Think of it as a step down from complete revival like Celestine or Bobby G. Besides, this is on one guy, not a whole squad.
>>
>>55051121
>4+ is too powerful

Nigga he should get a 3+
>>
>>55049400
Slaanesh is a bit better rounded
>>
How would I do an Eldritch being from beyond army, kinda like Eldrazi? I'm figuring heavily converted Demons, but any other ideas?
>>
>>55051136
I wanna believe that's not true, but it probably is. I figured you can get around the +4 to hit of the Tyrannofex with the reroll stratagem and ap-4 d6 dmg is strong siren song indeed. 12 plasma at +3 to hit is still pretty solid against most things too though. Plus Tyrannofex has dat sweet T8 and 14 wounds makes it a pain to remove easily when backed up with catalyst.
>>
>>55049400
Slaanesh is like the bard of the group in the chaos gods.
Tzeentch is wizard archetype.
Nurgle is cleric in D&D terms better health and harder to kill
Khorne is barbarian.

Slaanesh can't fight as well as Khorne but is better in Melee than Nurgle and Tzeentch, not as durable as Nurgle but more durable than Tzeentch and Khorne, not as good at magic as Tzeentch but better psykers than Nurgle and Khorne.
>>
>>55051254
Exocrine only has two less wounds and even when the rupture works it works out basically the same as the exocrine anyway.
>>
>>55051233
Tyranids converted with less teeth and more tentacles, like the ymgarl genestealers
>>
>>55051233
Daemons and Nids converted together could work.
>>
>>55051310
I just dislike the fact that the exocrine is bordline useless if it has move. I get its better off parked but it can just be out manouvered. Tfex is a little less reliable but at least he can move and conduct his business
>>
>>55051310
Okay, so Tyrannofex as Anti-Tank doesn't work out too well due to gimmicky weapon not reliably dealing dmg. What about 40 str5 ap0 shots of the fleshborer hive or 2 squirts from the acid spray? Does it work better as a giant anti-infantry unit or does it just become redundant cause nids have enough of that already?

I really like the big bug and just want to find some kind of capacity for the one I already have.
>>
>>55051282
I fucking hope Slaanesh has better psykers than Khorne.
>>
>>55050354
I feel like you've asked for advice before, but didn't take said advice for flat top scout. Unless you did.
>>
So, DW can use SM powers/strategiums. Can they use SM relics? They are Space Marine characters.
>>
>>55050278
Yeah the stormlord has never had good enough rule to take outside of Narrative play
>>
>>55051393
Biggest problem with that is the 18" range means it has to move and that means it isn't double tapping.

>>55051365
Tfex doesn't like moving either as it loses double shots as well.
>>
>>55051319
>>55051321
Advice on which army to use for fear inspiring monsters from beyond?
>>
>>55051397
Khorne rarely has psykers, it's not common and not shown in game, but in fluff there have been angry psykers turning to khorne and instead of casting spells they just use the equivalents of smite and force.
>>
>>55051084
I have one of each and regularly bring both to games. Exocrine is hampered by a stuborn unwillingness to move and needs to be baby sat with synapse as the rest of your army moves on to choppier pastures. Tfex still doesnt like moving (no shooting twice) is a little less reliable but can move with the times and isnt just stuck parked in the back and doesnt need baby sitting to much because he can just move along with the synapse every other turn or so. Point cost difference is basically negligible. While both are great the exocrine just wins over imo so long as you never have to move it
>>
>>55051442
Probably nids, wait until the codex for both drops, at the moment Daemons aren't amazing.
>>
>>55051419
I was confused until I saw that you weren't talking about a 40 man transport capacity super heavy tank with a 20 man firing deck and vulcan mega bolters.
>>
>>55049418
Bug
>>
>>55051450
I SHALL USE MY SKULL TO HARVEST SKULLS
>>
>>55051084
>>55051460
My bud runs 2 Exocrines babysat by a Tyranid Prime and it's fucking disgusting how much dakka they put out.
>>
>>55051450
Lore has also said flat out that Khorne doesn't do any psykers. It's something that the lore is inconsistent on, but generally the examples of khornate psykers are seen as odd exemptions or more usually errors.
>>
>>55051509
Exactly
>>55051522
It's usually an exception more than a rule, generally if an example of a khorne psyker is given he's usually just such and angry, violent, honorable badass that harvests so many skulls and spills so much blood that Khorne is willing to overlook him being a psyker.
>>
File: 0d1.jpg (20KB, 552x311px) Image search: [Google]
0d1.jpg
20KB, 552x311px
>>55050603
>>
>>55051522
>It's something that the lore is inconsistent on
No it's not. It's very consistent that Khorne hates psykers and most of the featured Khornate factions refuse to use them.

When they are shown it's always blatant fluff rape.
>>
>>55050634
Austin, Texas? Aren't you about to be skullfucked by a hurricane this weekend?
>>
>>55051062
>>statlines a space marine would be jealous of on a human

Are you being retarded on purpose? You better not be.
>>
>>55051570
>>55051621
I thought Khorne hated magic because it's wasn't personal strength. Then again, that was back when magic and psykers were different.
>>
>>55051062
Pretty sure even Custodians aren't as tough as that.
>>
>>55051621
There's been a fair few examples of that sort of lore ignoring stuff out there, but overall I agree that it's just getting the lore wrong.
>>
File: 8798116.jpg (24KB, 640x231px) Image search: [Google]
8798116.jpg
24KB, 640x231px
>>55051629
Hence the apocalypse game
>>
>>55051652
The most recent fluff is just that he sees it as cowardly.

>Though Khorne despises sorcery and sees it as beneath a true warrior, he does not rely on swords and axes alone to gather skulls. Technology, and even arcane relics, are all tools to increase the tally of the fallen. Greatest of Khorne’s weapons are the part-magical, part-technological Daemon Engines.
>>
>>55051718
>Sorcery and guns are lame
>This magic sorcerous axe though and my dude with blud guns and more blud guns though don't count
>>
File: 8974309081834.jpg (208KB, 822x849px) Image search: [Google]
8974309081834.jpg
208KB, 822x849px
>>55051716
>>
>>55051629
i'm in houston. austion will just get rain .. nothing big .. houston and chorpus christy is going to get skullfucked
>>
>>55051648
>>55051686

It's for an HQ unit. Some humans reach S/T 4 (see assassins). It's not much of a stretch.

If you're complaining about the -1 to wound rolls, you should know that the harlequin Shadowseer has the same ability as an AURA effect.
>>
>>55051743
Yeah, cus they are all still used to get up close to the enemy and cut them up.
Having an axe with some degree of magic that helps you cut people in half is great.
Sitting back and casting spells from afar is not.

Having your big kill daemon engine shoot guns as he's charging at the enemy is great.
Sitting back in a predator and shooting things all day is not.
>>
>>55051772
>Using your brain to rip someone skull out of their exploding body isn't enough for Khorne
>>
>>55051743
When has anyone said Khorne doesn't like guns? Cares not etc. etc.

It's the World Eaters who are dedicated to close combat, there's Khornate factions that are ranged weapon specialists like the Blood Pact.
>>
>>55051785
Because he likes fighting, and duels, and angry people fucking each other up.
Not just blood.
>>
Do you guys think Sisters will finally get plastic models when their index gets released sometime next year?
>>
>>55051811
No. Stop asking.
>>
>>55051743
>Chaos is being hypocritical

Huh, who'd a thunk that.
>>
>>55051785
>Wow, that took so much skill. You literally fried his mind with your mutation. You're such a glorious warrior.

Killing someone with psychic powers isn't combat, it's murder. Which has always fallen more under Slaanesh and Tzeentch's respective hats.
>>
>>55049308
Note to self: do this with my nids.
>>
>>55051768
>r8 my homebrew

Dude just field Coteaz.
>>
>>55051768
Harlequins are also way harder to play as an army. I'd say ditch the -1 to hit, the rest is fine with a moderately high point cost.
>>
File: kruellagh.jpg (242KB, 960x1242px) Image search: [Google]
kruellagh.jpg
242KB, 960x1242px
Kruellagh the Vile
Kruellagh the Vile
If she don't arouse you
You're gay in denial
To see her means "gotta protect that smile"
Kruellagh, Kruellagh the Vile
>>
>>55051811
Probably, if only because they'd make bank on them.
>>
>>55051743
>The god of hatred has an irrational hatred for X
Shocking...
>>
>>55051489
Yeah..... posterboys get some cool ass toys.
>>
>>55051801
I think it was when Farsight ran into Khornate daemons on that world.
Lotta "gun vermin" shit talk
>>
>>55051841
Last thread people mentioned they wanted some more crusader units/characters. So I'm just imagining what they might be like.

>>55051842
>Harlequins harder to play than AdMin
I don't know about that, laddie.
>>
>>55051811
>Index

Anon they are codexes.

And no, they will be in a plastic boxed game first.
>>
>>55051421
Yeah it doesnt like moving buy it doesn't suffer as badly for it. Tfex has the no -1 modifier for moving and firing H.weapons but only shoots once. Exocrines when it moves has its +1 to hit replaced with -1 modifier and no shooting twice. Going from 12 shots at 3+ to 6 at 5+. Tfex doesnt like moving but can deal with it alot better
>>
>>55051854
Yeah, because all 12 of the Sisters players would buy millions of dollars worth of them amirite?
>>
File: 8eaea-image.jpg (325KB, 1024x747px) Image search: [Google]
8eaea-image.jpg
325KB, 1024x747px
>>55049773
You need just have faith that the Motive force will drive us to greatness.
>>
What chaos god would you associate with spiders?
>>
File: 1468811933628.jpg (50KB, 497x498px) Image search: [Google]
1468811933628.jpg
50KB, 497x498px
>>55051850
You made an effort to do a thing, and I appreciate it, anon.
>>
>>55051915
>implying people wouldn't start a new army with cool plastic kits
>implying hot chicks in power armor won't sell

The only reason sisters are unpopular is that their models are overpriced and all suck, and they've been neglected
>>
>>55051886
Aye, that they will alongside dark mechanicus.
>>
>>55051881
Depends on if sisters or inquisition get lumped into admin.

I mean, PURE crusaders, dca, flagellants, priests is unplayable. You literally cannot pull it off. You don't even get rhinos without sisters.
>>
>>55051934
Slaanesh or Tzeentch, more Slaanesh.
>>
>>55051951
>p-people just d-don't buy my fetish army b-because it hasn't been updated! i-i swear!
SoBfags really do live in another reality
>>
>>55051168
Those a 'Unique' characters, this guy is spammable
>>
>>55051934
Tzeentch. Webs are associated with plots. Spinning plots, lies. Secretive. Alternatively, Slaanesh, but Tzeentch came to mind first. Take your pick.

Khorn can have wolf spiders/tarantulas and maybe jumping spiders, since they all just murder the fuck out of their prey, rather than trap them and take their time.
>>
>>55051934
The God of NOPE
Daemons are "Fuck that shit, I'm out" and "hell the fuck no"
>>
>>55051951
What's it like being this deluded? I never understood SoBfags and their failure to understand literally no one cares about their army but them.
>>
>>55051976
>Khorn can have wolf spiders/tarantulas and maybe jumping spiders
Shit, actually a tempting way to do it
>>
>>55051965
Sisters, deathwatch, and the big I will probably get a Witchhunters codex or something.
>>
>>55051986
Upvoted :)
>>
>>55051934
Slaanesh. He even had a world of Spider-men worshipping him that ended up turning the Emperor's Children in the first place.
>>
File: CAMH.jpg (37KB, 480x265px) Image search: [Google]
CAMH.jpg
37KB, 480x265px
>>55051973
>>55051998

How about you samefag some more?
>>
>>55051886 #
>>55051915 #
>release sisters as part of a box with [popular army x]
"Those are nice models at a good price, and the game sounds fun. I'll buy it."
>release sisters codex woth remaining models
"Well I already have all these, might as well round out an army."

Just as planned
>>
File: spider-Man.jpg (206KB, 550x421px) Image search: [Google]
spider-Man.jpg
206KB, 550x421px
>>55051986
>and they shall know fear
>>
>>55051965
Vanguard detachments boiiiii

>>55051974
Fair point. I guess the Ancient could be converted to a limit 1 or into a special character.

They are pretty durable, but their damage output isn't that high.
>>
>>55052004
>>55052017
It will be Ad Mech/Dark Mech.
>>
>>55051768
Assassins are almost as modified as SM are, they are not 'humans' in the way a Crusader is.
>>
>>55052010
They were serpentine.
>>
>>55052017
But if they're buying the box for the popular army why in god's name would they then play the faction no one likes?
>>
>>55052014
SoB players truly are model fondle-ers
>>
File: IMG_5390.jpg (41KB, 750x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5390.jpg
41KB, 750x311px
>>55052014
Only if you want me to anon
>>
>>55052010
They were snakes.
>>
>>55052014
>multiple people disagree with me about my shitty army
>f-fucking samefag
>>
>>55051911
True but the Rupture cannon is so reliant on the double hits to be worth it. If the base profile had the same AP it'd be so much more worthwhile.
>>
>>55051973
>muh maymays
That's why no one played them back when I went to a store in 5th. A single person would occasionally pick some up, but they got them for their sister who never gamed there. Same with Grey Knights before their new codex in that edition, Dark Eldar to an extent, and generally any units that were metal-only. People avoided them because it was hard to work with and costly, especially when marines, IG, orks and Chaos marines were either almost completely in plastic or everything that mattered was plastic.
>>
>>55051768
Assassins are more modified than even marines, they're no where near normal humans.

Make them S3/T3 but give them a +1S sword, the 3++ and 4 wounds makes them very reasonably tough anyway
>>
File: Fight me IRL.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fight me IRL.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>55052043
U WOT M8!
>>
>>55052040
The popular faction is SM
Why on earth would SMs be trying to fight SoBs
>>
>>55052069
Probably because the Sisters are a shit army that need to be wiped out so SoBfags can stop with their bullshit.
>>
File: 1500077893019.jpg (139KB, 635x681px) Image search: [Google]
1500077893019.jpg
139KB, 635x681px
>>55052049
Uh oh, there's 2 retarded idiots that share an opinion on the internets!
>>
Which would be better:
>SoB vs World Eaters box
>SoB vs Black Legion box
>>
>>55052068
>SoBtard is a reddit le reddit fag
Of course. I wouldn't have expected anything else
>>
File: IMG_5386.jpg (113KB, 510x1499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5386.jpg
113KB, 510x1499px
>>55052083
You sound like a bottom 50%er.
>>
File: 1492889034734.jpg (102KB, 1280x1257px) Image search: [Google]
1492889034734.jpg
102KB, 1280x1257px
>>55052083
>>
>>55051935
I also got a sweet miniature in the mail. Look for it in /wip/
>>
File: pussy tearer.jpg (148KB, 1158x819px) Image search: [Google]
pussy tearer.jpg
148KB, 1158x819px
>>55052069
I never want to get off chapter master Seth's wild ride
>>
>SoB players being BTFO
Shame that Shit sters posters died or was banned before he could see this
>>
File: 1500123143303.jpg (163KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1500123143303.jpg
163KB, 900x675px
>>55052092
>Le Raddish

Are you a troll from /pol/? Because you post like a troll from /pol/

/pol/-tard pls go
>>
>>55051881
As a masochist who plays both Harlies and AdMin I can say with certainty that AdMin are easier to play.

Harlies hit hard but are LOT squishier and cost a lot more per model. One mistake and you're out a sizable chunk of your force. The -1 to hit and -1 to wound stuff is an absolute necessity to Harlies survival, that's simply not true in AdMin
>>
>>55052126
Using an insult that originated from /v/ makes me /pol/? Are you fucking dense? Legitimately go back to /r/warhammer.
>>
File: 1491458432721.jpg (42KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1491458432721.jpg
42KB, 500x280px
>>55052079
All they ever do is say "I wish we would get plastics finally" and fags like you start going apeshit. It's like way back, when some tau guy asked if there was an example of tau displaying honor toward humans in the Kauyon book, and some marinefags sperged so hard 300+ posts later it was still them throwing a shitfit.
>>
File: Hisahide-sw4art.jpg (5MB, 3256x4660px) Image search: [Google]
Hisahide-sw4art.jpg
5MB, 3256x4660px
>>55051934
Doesn't Chaos already have spider tanks and spider dreads and spider drop pods?
>>
File: Casual.png (180KB, 570x555px) Image search: [Google]
Casual.png
180KB, 570x555px
>>55052107
>>55052108

>1:49:02 x2

Samefag some more, proxyfag.
>>
>>55052126
>you must be a samefag
>you must be from /pol/
Man SoBfags are even more deluded than I thought. I just thought they believed that an unpopular army would get an entire new line when actual popular armies need updates.
>>
>>55052117
This notions fills me with positive emotions
>>
>>55052138
Yes, b/c that's all /pol/ ever shitposts

/v/ pls go
>>
>>55052158
If I actually were both of those posts then how exactly would I have released them both at the exact same second? I definitely don't have 2 computers to do that at once.
>>
So why is it when everyone else, like Orks and Eldar and what not bitch about their need for new sculpt people are sympathetic, but if Sisters do we get a bunch of anons sperging? I don't get it.
>>
File: 1503588444651.jpg (76KB, 619x626px) Image search: [Google]
1503588444651.jpg
76KB, 619x626px
>>55052158
>>
>>55052168
You are so fucking out of touch with reality it's not even funny. Before this I might have sympathized with SoBfags. Now I consider you bunch Tau tier.
>>
>>55052172
A proxy and a simple program?

Or am I to believe that 2 shit trolls posted the same bait at the exact same second?
>>
>>55052033
>>55052065

Solid points. The Ancient would be rare or a special character.
Now consider:
>Hector Rex (who I believe is S4)
>Straken S6 and T4 (cybernetics, but muh faith could be a substitute)
>Harker is S4
>Eldrad T4 (not human, but from a T3 race)

My point is, there is precedent for exceptional humans reaching S4/T4 levels, so it's not totally unrealistic for a single individual to have these stats.

I'm tempted to run a crusader force that counts as catachans so I can have a heroic crusader leader and some decent troops backing him up.

Anyone know of some models that work for this?
>>
File: i has a hat.png (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
i has a hat.png
23KB, 200x200px
>>55052087
SoB vs Grey Knights
>>
>>55052168
>you're a samefag
>you're from /pol/
>you're from /v/
The ground shrinks beneath your feet, anon.
>>
>>55052156
Chaos in general, yes.
>>
>>55052184

I'd really rather you didn't judge us all based on that one guy. You get assholes from every faction, even orks. Just because there is one sperg doesn't mean you should write us all off. If you did that you'd have to write off every faction and fan base in the game. I've seen players from each and every one go ape shit here.
>>
>>55052188
I'm not aware of any proxies that can even post on 4chan, much less one that's capable of changing my IP in less than a second.
>>
>>55049773
dork gayngels lolol
>>
>>55052194
>Max kekington
>>
>>55052188
>I can't accept multiple people think I'm retarded
>they must be using space age technology to bedevil me they must
>>
>>55052060
Yeah and thats where i agree. Rupture is fucking great if all the shots hit, if not that ridiculously low -1AP is terrible. Hoping for a slight buff when the codex drops to like a -2AP or something. Although its pretty unlikely to get buffed
>>
>>55052160
Don't worry they don't even have any models. They just want plastic waifus. If they actually wanted to play an army of Joan D'Arc, they'd shell out, go recast, or go raging cheesecake.

Personally, I'm actually worried about plastic because sisters are a prime candidate for MAXIMUM OVER-CAD that GW loves doing now. However, I've been burned so many times that in won't believe my army is getting updated until I see an official statement from Geedubs.
>>
>>55052176
Less whining from those other factions despite them actually being much more popular.
As well as less, "GW would totally make millions and millions from plastic sisters cause everyone would buy them but they are stooopid"
>>
I honestly believe the SoB sperg must be false flagging.
>>
File: x1xTZcd.png (86KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
x1xTZcd.png
86KB, 625x626px
>>55052195
>>
What characters do you want to be given unique rules or a model?

hoping for Ku'Gath the Plaguefather personally
>>
File: 1503572812433.png (3KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
1503572812433.png
3KB, 698x1284px
>>55052231
>>
>>55052217
I can see it now, not a real change to the weapon stat line, but a stratagem that basically lets you take any hit and make it AP -4 for any of the Ruptures shots. Not what we want, but what seems likely.
>>
>>55052158
Okay please stop, you're just making SoB players out to be tremendous faggots. There doesn't need to be any more encouragement.
>>
File: 1501971293487.png (254KB, 500x639px) Image search: [Google]
1501971293487.png
254KB, 500x639px
>>55052225
>A troll! On my 4 chan?

It's more likely than you think.
>>
>>55052235

I just want more options in general really. I love conversions, but whenever i do it it feels like i'm metaphorically kicking myself in the dick since it can't really be used wisywig.
>>
>>55052212
Dark Angels-> DAngels
Dangles
Also works cause they are all about the dangly bits
>>
>>55052219
I'm an idiot and would like you to explain over-cad. I'm also an old-fag, and think of CAD being computer-aided drafting.
>>
>>55052238
I'm glad you understand where you stand.
>>
>>55052235
Warp Spider Phoenix Lord
>>
>>55052242
>I-I was trolling guys, I'm not retarded
>>
>>55052261
But you are anon, not that there's anything wrong with that.
>>
File: gplus_32x32.png (2KB, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
gplus_32x32.png
2KB, 32x32px
> I think X army should have plastic models.

>YOU FUCKING RETARD
>IMPLYING PLASTIC IS BETTER THAN METAL
>BAIT xD LOL BAAAAIT POST
>Being this retarded
>Autist X player detected, FUCK YOU
>SHIT ARMY DOESN'T DESERVE SHIT
>>
>>55052235
Kugath and some KoS will get the LoC/BT treatment.

I want to see no special characters because I hate hero hammer, but I've been dreaming about SoB bike jousters since like 5th edition when we got our shitty pamphlet rules that weren't actually that bad.

>>55052253
That's exactly what it is. They design everything on the computer and fill in as much space as they can with obnoxious detailing that doesn't need to be there and/or make wildly crazy designs that are just bad looking such as the Mortis Engine in AoS.
>>
I got sick of waiting for an Exalted Champion model, cut the sword hand off one of my Aspiring Champions along with his plasma pistol, then I strapped a whip and a daemonette claw from my leftovers from when I made my Exalted Seeker Chariot and now I'm waiting for the glue to dry so I can redo the base coat and then I'm gonna finish painting him.
>>
>>55052253
It is, and it lets GW go full retarded with small details because not one has to physically sculpt the damn thing
>>
>>55050113
>>55050113
CSM have some decent AT besides Lascannons that can multitask as horde clearing. Combi-melts on terminators, catapulting things into melee with Warptime and/or Alpha Legion shenanigans, princes with Unholy Strength. Even Rubrics can seriously threaten T7 vehicles in rapid fire range with VoTLW.

I haven't had a problem just running a 2 Las 2 Missile Havoc squad as my only dedicated AT unit, IG tonk squad was tough but beatable.
>>
>>55052274
>metal models
>METAHL MODELS!!!

The only metal models worth it are the old kasrkin.

Plastic kasrkin when.
>>
>>55052289
>>55052281
I thought this might be what you meant.

They do seem to have a love of that. The grishnaks seem like a good balance, though.
>>
>>55052191
There are better ways of making things "holy badass" than just trying make the ultimate tank with Space Marine stats.

Interesting auras, special bodyguard rule, give them act of faith access with a unique act, zealot access, make them "unlock" special rules in the the other "priest"-class units so that the force can be played standalone.

You're turning a cool concept into cheap vanilla stormshield Space Marines characters.
>>
>>55052240
I could deal with that, even a strategem that gives +1 to BS or somethong would be great. Although the rupture cannon will always hold a special place in my heart after a game last month where it 1 shot a knight t1. the rupture cannon has done absoutley jack shit since then for me though
>>
>>55052079
>Sisters have some of the best rules they've ever had
>Just got a new (and badass) model this year
>Lots of 3rd party options for models, some of which are better than GWs
>LOL should be squatted already! Hurrr!

Yeah, sure dude. Never-mind that no one who actually plays the army is complaining right now, if anything I've seen more people just posting sisters out of love of their army.

But I that's not something I'd expect a WAAC to understand.
>>
>>55052087
>SoB vs Heretic Sister
>>
>>55052341
He was just dropping in to spam bait posts.

Picking on sisters seems to be the go to for low resolution bait these days.
>>
>>55052350
There are no fallen sisters...
>>
>>55052331
I'm totally open to ideas.
If you want to go more in depth, I'll record them and put them in a "possible abilities" section.
>>
File: beloved_by_all___6_by_karooz.jpg (190KB, 800x1036px) Image search: [Google]
beloved_by_all___6_by_karooz.jpg
190KB, 800x1036px
>>55052341
Sisters players indeed seem pretty happy right now. Like orks, it's been a while since they've been not-shit.
>>
Christ, its the chaos eldar all over again.
>>
>>55052087
Sob vs Squats.
>>
>>55052409
Not as funny as >>55052194
>>
File: view ont he tyranids.jpg (492KB, 1078x812px) Image search: [Google]
view ont he tyranids.jpg
492KB, 1078x812px
>>55052370
>>
>>55052412
Sob vs Half-eldar Ultramarines then.
>>
>>55052320
>grishnaks

They're pretty good, honestly. I just wish they had more poses.
>>
File: rare Slaaneshi Sister of Battle.jpg (41KB, 540x350px) Image search: [Google]
rare Slaaneshi Sister of Battle.jpg
41KB, 540x350px
>>55052419
>above copulating with one
No
>>
>>55052419
>copulating with a tyranid
>slaaneshi
How is this even a question?
>>
>>55050459
I would limit yourself to one warhound titan for money and so you can actually find people with large enough armies to play against you.
>>
File: images-5.png (14KB, 263x479px) Image search: [Google]
images-5.png
14KB, 263x479px
>>55052390
Did someone say chaos eldar? They were totally a thing once upon a time, never retconned and still are hinted at in the fluff.
>>
>>55049467
Has anyone besides me noticed the multipart bloat drones with new guns?
also the CSM codex plague marine datasheet is of the chain
>>
>>55052486
The only good eldar is a dino riding eldar, and maybe howling banshees!
>>
>>55052486
There's been a couple of more recent examples.

I can't remember the book but there was a relatively recent BL novel featuring a Chaos-worshipping Eldar seer.
>>
File: eldar_scorpion_by_thevampiredio.jpg (94KB, 500x768px) Image search: [Google]
eldar_scorpion_by_thevampiredio.jpg
94KB, 500x768px
>>55052583
>not striking scorpions
>>
File: 2071141365199846099.jpg (494KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
2071141365199846099.jpg
494KB, 2480x3508px
>>55051850
Kruellagh the Vile is shit, all hail the true queen Lelith Hesperax!
>>
>>55049551
>Three small pieces of LoS blocking terrain.

>Three skyshields in the corners being pointless.

You seriously need to sort your terrain. Jam a couple of containers under each of those skyshields so that they become LoS blocking or something.
>>
Is Faeit ever uh right?
I wanna know whether to take the Codex releases of 2017 rumour remotely serious
>>
File: jain zar.jpg (190KB, 780x642px) Image search: [Google]
jain zar.jpg
190KB, 780x642px
>>55052599
>>55052604
>Not choosing lascivious experienced MILF
Both are overrated.
>>
File: my auspex.jpg (85KB, 625x484px) Image search: [Google]
my auspex.jpg
85KB, 625x484px
>>55052556
Literally everyone noticed. You ain't shit.
>>
>>55052647
>her headpiece is a when u nut but she keep sucking reaction image
>>
File: SL-1stPlatoonSquad3.jpg (94KB, 1300x483px) Image search: [Google]
SL-1stPlatoonSquad3.jpg
94KB, 1300x483px
>>55052291

>tfw have 4 full squads of old kasrkin models

Steel Legion models are also very good, imo
>>
File: tyranid right flank.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
tyranid right flank.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>55052629

They were LOS blocking, and there was shit underneath them.

You aren't the first person to say that bigger terrain should have been in the center, though, so I'll do that next time.
>>
>>55050459
If you routinely play at that points level then why not.
>>
File: 4685064-4451384-9545587070-41115.jpg (176KB, 938x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4685064-4451384-9545587070-41115.jpg
176KB, 938x1024px
Is there any reason to play Mono-Daemon without using FW? They seem pretty shite even at a casual level (1000pts-ish) but then using FW models at that level of points instantly makes you a faggot. What's an anon to do before Codex: Daemons drops?
>>
File: fuckyou.gif (691KB, 337x268px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.gif
691KB, 337x268px
>>55052664
thank you for belittling me for trying to start conversation
>>
Could I make a semi decent 2000 point mostly dread army? I have 3 so far and have a weird obsession with them.
>>
>>55052710
Unfortunately Daemons got hugely fucked over by 8th.
No shooting, Invul saves are mediocre, squishy troop choices.
Our only saving grace is we can have more psykers than anyone else, but at that point there's no reason not to just go full Tzeentch, also the only god with actual shooting.
Until Codex drops and gives us some kind of anything we're just backup for CSM.
>>
>>55052160
Since GW is dumping historical options that don't have a current model this world be the perfect time to kill the SoB range and just never release a codex.
>>
>>55052682
So you put your three largest LoS blocking terrain pieces in the corners in order to make sure they had no effect at all?
>>
>>55052274
If new models come out for SoB we're going to have months of these faggots complaining about the influx of new people playing their armies, about how the new models aren't exactly low the old ones, etc.

Them and chaos faces just can't not bitch and whine.
>>
>>55052776

I put them where I thought they would look cool.
>>
>>55052816
You should try having a game where both sides don't cluster their whole army directly across the board from each and start shooting immediately.

Might be a novel experience for you.
>>
>>55052191
Hector Rex was gene modded from by the Inquisition from a young age

Straken is half robot

Harker is literally half ogryn

Eldrad is made of crystal

NONE of them are a generic HQ
>>
>>55052742
That's super disappointing. I remember being able to have armies of single gods and they'd at least work. I can't see an 8th edition list not getting shit on by most other armies unless you smite spammed with Tzeentch.
>>
>>55052838

You should try reading things. The list I fielded was almost entirely melee. 0 battle tanks, 0 plasma guns, 0 scions, 0 conscripts. Infantry, Ogryn, Assassins, Straken, Yarrick, Nork, and a priest. If you even looked at the report you'd see the entire guard army moved up and charged the tyranids instead of shooting at earliest opportunity. The entire game was assault on both sides.
>>
>>55052740
guys plz

im a newfag. and honestly, I think its my calling
>>
>>55052252
astra milleretardum got me pretty good too :D :D
>>
>>55052389
>awhile
You mean since 7th? They were top of mid tier in 7th pretty solidly.
>>
>>55049753

This looks like Scibor's old press moulded conversions.
>>
>>55052878
Exactly the problem.
Daemons are usually dangerous in melee, but if with Fall Back and the new Battleshock morale rules there's no way a pure melee army can survive in 8th.
Hopefully our codex fixes this, I play both CSM and Daemons but I don't want my daemons to be relegated as CSM sidekicks.
We need warp storm table and a shitload of daemon artefacts to compete with other armies. Last two games I took my daemons to, I lost one because he was all bikes and I just couldn't catch him with my troops, and my cavalry was killed by focus fire, the second game I won, but it was a close thing because he wasn't a long range shooter and I was able to get close enough to drag his things into combat.
>>
File: images(2).jpg (25KB, 649x472px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
25KB, 649x472px
>>55052737
>>
File: IMG_20170825_031217.jpg (86KB, 691x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170825_031217.jpg
86KB, 691x418px
>>55052331
You want to see what top human performance looks like in 40k? Pic related.
>>
>>55052374
See
>>55052965

Wrong quote. Fuck.
>>
>>55052083
Oh, come now Anon. I'm sure there's actually at least 3 SoB players out there.
>>
>>55052971
I one of them. I have my C:WH and White Dwarfs to prove it.
>>
>>55052965
>You want to see what top human performance looks like in 40k? Pic related.

Peak female performance that is. A man could reach higher S T and W.
>>
File: concept_by_hammk-db1oy22.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
concept_by_hammk-db1oy22.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
What does /tg/ think of my dudes?

Disciples of Purity: Specialized in fast, overwhelming strikes. They scout the weakpoint of the enemy, hit it hard, scout the new weakness made by said strike, rinse and repeat. Built their fortress world on a pleasure world, home to great artists, decadent nobles, fine foods and powerful drinks, etc. etc. due to some prophesy about a sector devastating incursion that would start on that planet. The astartes of the chapter started to interact with the nobility, which over centuries influenced them enough to have similar interest as them, art, music, food and drink, etc.

This led to many rituals and traditions being based around artwork. When an astartes proves himself a great warrior, he is given the right to ask an artist to design a modification of that astartes choosing, whether it be a unique pauldron, ornate helmet, sick trims etc. They regularly compete for pieces of artwork and the more veteran a warrior gets the more elaborate and gaudy his armour becomes. Many become fantastic duelists due to a contest held every decade by the chapter were two astartes duel each other unarmored wielding only rapiers.

The winner is selected from a pool of winners by a jury of noblemen who rate them based off of 'swordsmanship' which leads to fantastical and extravagant displays, as the astartes attempt to impress the regular humans who have never seen a real fight in their lives. This is meant to prove martial prowess as well as find those who are favored by the people. This has led to a really innefficent style of fighting, that only works because they themselves are superhuman machines of death. The astartes are quick to sing their own praises and are seen as prideful and haughty pricks by pretty much everyone who isn't themselves.

My plan is to make a small force of these guys and then whenever GW decides to release emperors children have them fall to chaos and make a chaos warband from them. Are they too emperors children?
>>
>>55052933
What the hell are they going to add to Daemons that would give us more ranged? They already gave the castrated pink horrors a shitty shooting attack. That just leaves Soul Grinders and the Skull Cannon, neither of which are all that great. And with no transports and the loss of deep strike, our foot slogging infantry are easy pickings.
>>
File: 1230052783344.png (268KB, 745x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1230052783344.png
268KB, 745x1000px
>>55052986
>implying there's a stat difference in the 41st millennia
>>
>>55052986
>this triggers the feminist
>>
File: Beterthanbad.jpg (90KB, 596x719px) Image search: [Google]
Beterthanbad.jpg
90KB, 596x719px
>>55053004
>tfw I remember when horrors had pic related
>>
>>55052851
>Harker is literally half ogryn
Saucerino?

Yarrick is T4 too.
>>
>>55053006
RAWR xD
YAS QUEEN SLAY
>>
>>55052987

>Disciples of Purity
The name could use a little work. It's not that it doesn't make sense so much as it makes less sense than it should - people are usually disciples (students) of people, not of abstract concepts like "purity." That are marines that learn from purity? Kinda works, kinda doesn't.

>chapter full of stuck up, pretentious and arrogant aristocrat blowhards
No problems here, this is 40k after all.

>Get more bling for heroism
You can tell Brother Arturus is the baddest mother-fucker because he has three oversized ostrich plumes on his helm and his power plant is sculpted to look like one of those armless Venus statues.

>Inefficient style of showboat fighting
Except you started off talking about how they are a rapid strike/recon force. Pick one or the other.

Overall it could use some refinement but makes enough sense, and definitely gets points for trying to be different. You put a few weaknesses in them, too, which is good. Make them joust each other and convert them with old Bretonnia bits.
>>
>>55053043
Isn't Yarrick more machine than man?
>>
>>55052965

T b h I don't understand why inquisitors don't have that statline anymore
>>
You are now imagining Deathwatch Aggressors with special issue ammunition.
>>
>>55053006

ermigerd stronk indipindint womyn showing that toxic masculin pig wat fer
>>
>>55053064
He has a klaw and swapped out his eye as far as I know. Powerfists and klaws don't usually raise T.
>>
>>55053076

I'd rather see Primaris Deathwatch with all combi-weapons and SIA, and melee weapons.
>>
>>55052881
I did read it.

I also saw yet another battle report where both players bunched up their armies directly across from each other, where everything that wanted to shoot was doing so immediately, where the only maneuvering was forwards or backwards.
>>
>>55053064
He's an honorary Ork
>>
>>55052813
That sounds like a few trolls and retards, who complain about EVERYTHING. I've seen people bitching about Necromunda models being bigger than the old gangers, as if suddenly you won't be able to use old metal gangers... or something. I actually have old metal gangers, and expect my juvie to be pretty tiny with the new models, but I don't care, I look forward to seeing new and old models together on the board. Most of the trolls don't seem to have any pics of their minis to show, and I doubt their have any sisters to show if they start stirring up bullshit when SoB plastics hit.

I don't think most SoB players will complain about new people playing their stuff, they KNOW new players will flood in once plastics hit. 20 years of demand will make that kinda thing happen. It's not like GSC being introduced in last edition, either, I can start planning my SoB army now with index rules, and try to get deals on sisters on ebay. It would just be a lot less costly to buy boxes of plastic sisters, and any normal person will know they won't look exactly like 20 year old metals, because nothing new from GW looks that much like the old style. Since we get trolls pretty often, we end up with a skewed idea of what actual players are like.
>>
>>55053066
Maybe they're not as battle hardened? By that I mean, a canoness is a front line war leader.
>>
File: bolt-pistol.jpg (259KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
bolt-pistol.jpg
259KB, 480x712px
>>55053006
>implying a commissar wouldn't execute a cannoness
>>
>>55053116
Honestly, it's very likely she out ranks the commissar
>>
>>55052987
>Marines being this influenced by mortal men
/tg/'s cuck marines?

In all seriousness, I think they sound cool. I don't really get an EC vibe from them if thats what you're worried about, your dudes seem more obsessed with physical possessions, while EC focused on personal perfection. Like >>55053057 said, either they have really showy fighting or they're rapid strike force. I would pick the showy fighting because its more unique.
>>
Just noticed Death Cult Assassins and Arco-Flagellants have S4 too.

It takes more than drugs to bring you to that level.
>>
>>55052902
Fucking DO IT! If you love dreads, you make an army of dreads and you win no matter the odds! Dreads with anti-tank weapons, dreads for crowd control, dreads for getting stuck in and halting the enemy tide... just dreads for every occasion! Name them, give them unique touches in building and painting, have a more spectacular and varied army of pure dreads then most people have of mixed troops. You got this!
>>
>>55053109

As I've said before, my biggest fear is maximum over-CAD because I would be shocked if GW didn't put fluers everywhere and shitty plastic glowing effects on the [new special unit] and [BIG FUCKING THING] that new armies get anymore.
>>
>>55053098

There was a relic in the middle we had to race each other to capture, and the game was only 2 complete turns long.

I swear to christ this community is complete garbage. I offer to contribute reports for everyone's enjoyment, and get shit for posting too many times. I make a template and edit all the pictures so I can post fewer times, and then get shit on for not having a fully painted army. I paint the entire army, and then get shit on for the type of list I bring. I change the list to be as different as possible, and then people bitch about the amount of terrain. I add more terrain, and then people bitch about the placement of the terrain.

It's like none of you want people to contribute anything at all. Why are you even here? What do you want people to offer to the conversation if nothing I do seems to be it so far?
>>
>>55053107
>Orks believe he is a worthy, orky foe
>He gains T4 due to enough orks believing he should have T4
>>
>>55053128
DCA are genetically modified super humans and Arcos are exposed up murder cyborgs
>>
File: twvbJU3.jpg (112KB, 900x697px) Image search: [Google]
twvbJU3.jpg
112KB, 900x697px
Newfag here. If I go to a shop and want to start as an AdMech player will I get flamed for being a bandwagonner since the Codex announcement?
>>
>>55053004
I have no idea, our daemonic ritual is supposed to be our new deepstrike.
I just hope they fix us.
>>
>>55053159
Nah
>>
>>55053057
>>55053126
Cool thanks, I'll get rid of the rapid strike thing and stick to the show-fighting.

For name, how about The Emperors Purity? The purity thing is meant to be ironic due to the fact that they're a bunch of vain, glory-seeking asshats who will eventually fall to chaos.
>>
>>55053159

I would judge you silently for being a bandwagoning newfag while being openly welcome because I'm not going to stop someone from enjoying the game.
>>
File: guide to ethics.jpg (454KB, 504x5000px) Image search: [Google]
guide to ethics.jpg
454KB, 504x5000px
>>55053124
You clearly don't know what a commissar is
>>
>>55053159
If you are tell them to fuck off. Play the armies you want to play, regardless of anyone else shitty opinion.
>>
>>55052638
Please reassure me that there will not be 8 marine flavours this year
>>
>>55053157
>DCA are genetically modified super humans
Patently false
>>
>>55053159
Nah
I'd only judge you if you picked up space marines as your first army
Anything else is 100% fine
>>
>>55053200
>guard
>>
>>55053031
i remember those weird chariot rules and skulltakers 4+ rending instant death attacks. also splitting your army was either fun or hurt you more so when the entire army is forced to deep strike turn 1

i miss greater daemons having 4++ by default because this 5++ on a keeper might as well be a tshirt
>>
>>55052987
>prophesy about a sector devastating incursion
>have them fall to chaos
are they the sector devastating incursion?
>>
>>55053096
I'd take just bolt rifles and variants with SIA honestly. Or master-crafted boltguns with SIA as an option for normal DW.

SB with SIA would almost be too good I think.
>>
File: 1503629263187_1.jpg (3KB, 92x74px) Image search: [Google]
1503629263187_1.jpg
3KB, 92x74px
>>55049467
Soon
>>
File: Exorcist.jpg (49KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Exorcist.jpg
49KB, 600x620px
>>55053145
Honestly, if any old army would actually benefit from the over designed clutter of newer miniatures, it would be Sisters of Battle. They should be overflowing with iconography, purity seals, skulls, fire, the works.

I don't know what big thing they could really get though... and EVEN MORE Penitent Engine? I wouldn't be against a Canoness riding some huge mount, but don't know if that would work.
>>
>>55053214
Not for a new player
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they aren't looking to instantly powergame.

Now, if someone was selling off their 7th ed eldar for a guard army...
>>
>>55053132
it will be done! You have my word!
>>
>>55053229
SoB Terminators.
>>
>>55053218

I miss it. Dropping piles of 5man horror squads was legit my favorite thing to do back then.
>>
>>55053159
It's a new edition and it looks like GW is actually going to be getting codexes out at a good pace. If they tease you for being a bandwagoner, they'll have to tease EVERYONE for it. Enjoy your army.
>>
>>55052710
Mono Tzeentch is okay but not great between lots of smite, ++4 everything and endless Horror matrushka doll action, but has no real melee aside from daemon princes.
>>
>>55053219
that was the idea, yes.
>>
>>55053229
Said it before I'll say it again: jousting Bikers with power lances
>>
>>55053247
Remember that even a Tzeentch Daemon Prince is a beast in melee.
>>
>>55053233
I look forward to seeing it someday. Best of luck!

Oh, and start small, 500-1000 pts or so. Get a feel for how pure dreads will fight, magnetize at least a few of them so you have options (though if there is a configuration you just know you'll want every fight, do one up special for it). You'll get an idea of what does and doesn't work against what pretty quickly, and then you can expand from there.
>>
>>55053124
Not how commissars work anon
>>
>>55053004
Consider Seekers. 16+3d6" is considerable melee threat range.Also don't forget all your characters can summon. Heralds on discs and steeds as well as Belakor are pretty good for this.
>>
>>55052235
Parasite of Mortrex
>>
File: Sisters_of_Battle_Rogue_Trader.jpg (107KB, 800x496px) Image search: [Google]
Sisters_of_Battle_Rogue_Trader.jpg
107KB, 800x496px
>>55053237
As long as they're loosely based on Sister Sin.

>>55053257
That sounds fun.
>>
>>55053178

Something like "Paragons" "Exemplars" "Saints" "Knights" "Lords" - titles that imply they are better than everyone else
>>
File: P7tqVc0.jpg (113KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
P7tqVc0.jpg
113KB, 672x372px
>>55053181
>>55053246
>>55053193
>>55053200
Thanks anons. They stuck out to me the most fluff-wise and aesthetically from everything I looked at. Hopefully Death Guard takes the heat long enough for me to get them.
>>
>>55053157
Nah. But I kinda feel like GW just rolled their weapon strength into their profile because they can't change it.
>>
>>55053229
Bikers, Dreadknight versions of Penitent Engines, Sister Beastmasters with hounds/birds, close combat Seraphim, Storm Shield/Flamer squads, and another named Canoness group.
>>
>>55052987
there fine i guess but they do seem a bit like emperors children lite. maybe thats just me

if your plan is to make the EC in the first place why not just grab chaos?
>>
>>55053257
Literally every army should have that, I really need to get around to buying some Dragoons for my Admec.
>>
File: IMG_20170825_035014.jpg (161KB, 719x1037px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170825_035014.jpg
161KB, 719x1037px
Nostalgia from the comfiest time.
>>
>>55052274
Fuck off retard.
Ayy LMAOOO XDXDXD
>>
>>55053280
No, just like Commissars don't get to blam Space Marine captains at will either. It's separate chain of command. I mean, he could ATTACK her. But it would just be him attacking her. Not summary execution under his authority.
>>
>>55053266
Sure, but he's still just one figure. Aside from that there are Soul Grinders and LoC s, both of which are unfortunately fire magnets, though at least that ++4 is something
>>
File: primariscaptain-1__sized_l.jpg (183KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
primariscaptain-1__sized_l.jpg
183KB, 565x800px
>>55053237
>>
>>55053326
3rd ed 40k, when chapter approved fave us rules for Cursed Founding Chapters and Kroot armies was the truly comfy time.
>>
>>55053339
4++ and having guns makes Tzeentch unironically the strongest daemon faction.
Which pisses me off since Slaanesh is my favourite.
My daemons need to be heaps faster to make up for how squishy they are.
The only way to win with them currently is with Spearhead detachment fast attack spam.
Daemons getting a bonus for taking max size units then being raped by battleshock even if you take a daemonic icon is just a slap in the face on top of everything else.
>>
File: 1.jpg (258KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
258KB, 1600x1200px
>>55053326
>>
File: IMG_20170825_035750.jpg (130KB, 587x919px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170825_035750.jpg
130KB, 587x919px
>>55053364
This was preGK 5th edition, when the SoB got their pamphlet.
>>
>>55053381
You have me beat there. I started during early 4th.
>>
>>55053043
It's one of the imperial nicknames for Catachans
>>
>>55053257
so... shining spears..?
>>
>>55053307
I don't want to grab stuff that I'll just end up replacing when actual noise marines + hopefully more drop (whenever that is). Figured I'd grab an army that I have a secondary interest in.
>>
>>55053365
I must admit I'm increasingly tempted to run tzeeentch daemons with a big blob of possessed marines as muscle, seems like it'd be a good way to toughen up the force a bit especially as I don't want to spam horrors.
>>
>>55053449
>laser lance jetbike
Pls
>>
>>55053466
Someone put some decent work into this.
>>
>>55053458
Shit dude it works.
Dedicate the Possessed to Tzeentch and put a Herald near them to buff their strength to 6 if you want, or take a CSM Daemon Prince of Tzeentch, since their is no reason not to so you can grab the Dark Hereticus Tzeentch power to buff their invul saves, and give them rerolls to hit of 1.
That's just a single elite and hq choice that'll hit harder than most things.
But trust me as a Slaanesh Daemon player, 7 inch movement is not as much of an upgrade as you think it is.
>>
>>55053490
Fresh thread
>>55053490
Now with less redundant pasta bloat
>>
>>55053485
I was thinking keeping the daemon prince the non CSM version, both for fluff reasons and because it let's him keep his ++4 as well as the buff spell that can give the possessed +1s or +1t or +1a. I'll miss out on a relic, but the rest of the csm specific stuff doesn't bother me too much. I'll have to pick up the changeling sometime too.
>>
>>55053544
Oh actually I forgot about the Tzeentch discipline in the index.
Anyway you do you man, at the moment daemons faction keywords are the name of their god and Chaos.
>>
>>55053149
anon, I appreciate your illustrated bat-rep's.

fuck the haters...
>>
File: 20170825_113408.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170825_113408.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>55050102
Nah man. Nah.
>>
>>55054159
Replied to one of the replies. The shame.
>>
How are deathwing armies faring in Eight edition? I'm considering starting an army but i'm not convinced by the color scheme. Do successor chapters have access to deathwing or is it heresy?
>>
>>55053381
Was this an Andy Chambers book? I remember it being one of my favorite codexes
>>
>>55052986
Show me a better unaugmented human stat line in 8th.
>>
>>55053116
I don't think they have the authority. They're not Inquisition. If they thought it was the right thing to do they might try it on, but since they are politicos, they'll probably know it's not a great idea generally.
>>
>>55055481

Sergeant Harker
>>
>>55049678
Straken only works on <Catachan>, though, doesn't he?
>>
>>55053381
AWWW yeah!

>>55055457
You know it. Yeah, Chambers.

>>55055539
Higher S, less wounds, worse to hit. Debatable at best.
>>
>>55055638

>Higher S, less wounds, worse to hit. Debatable at best.

I thought higher strength was the whole point?
He's a guy in a tank top who's stronger than a woman in power armor.
He's not as tough (probably because no armor) and not as accurate (being a human wielding a heavy bolter may have some influence there)
but he shows gender dimorphism of strength exists without question in 40k
>>
>>55055689
The challenge was better stat line in response to >better S, T and W

One higher S, two lower W isn't really meeting the bar. Mainly I'm interested to see what overall best human stat line is, using 40k stats to talk about -4str memes is dumb on a few levels.
>>
>>55055803

Well the canoness has power armor, so that's hardly a pure human statline.
>>
>>55053066
>>55053111
This pretty much. They have other things going on, like investigating and paper work. It makes me sad that Inquisitors in Terminator armor don't have WS2+ because with the Thunder Hammer they hit on 4s.
Thread posts: 486
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.