[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I read if I want to now more about the lives of chapter/legion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Chapter_Serf-0.jpg (343KB, 728x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter_Serf-0.jpg
343KB, 728x1041px
What should I read if I want to now more about the lives of chapter/legion serfs in Warhammer 40k?
Just read the Night Lords Omnibus and I loved how it gave me a good insight about the serfs serving the legion.
>>
>>55041957
I've been writing a story about a person saved from a destroyed Hive that becomes a Chapter serf and views the Astartes through a human's perspective.
>>
>>55041957
Nothing I know of really. I've wanted to write something short about hostile boarding action where the serfs give a serious whooping to a superior enemy though sheer grit and loyalty to the chapter.

>>55042182
>views the Astartes through a human's perspective
Serfs are members of the chapter cult in most chapters.
>>
>>55042215
Exactly. She interacts with other serfs, many of them having been born on the ships they serve on.
>>
>>55042182
Sounds interesting, any way you could share it or will you publish is as a real book?
>>
>>55041957

Doesn't seem like there's much about them, but they seem to have a range of different treatments given the Chapter they belong to:

>Marines Malevolent
The most aggressive Chapter tend to look on Chapter Serfs as subhuman, generally disdaining that they have such unworthy creatures in their presence.
>Black Templars
Most other Chapters just treat Serfs like they aren't there. Serfs just do their jobs and nobody pays them much mind unless they're needed.
>Ultramarines
The most generous Chapters use Serfs like auxiliaries, treating them like people, and even training them to a degree. Ultramarines often use them as Navy Corps, and probably also deploy them like they would Guard regiments around Ultramar, acting as PDF, policing forces, and contacts for the Ultramarines. Failed aspirants would likely be in their command structures as well.

So, generally speaking in tabletop terms, those who are treated no better than peasants are probably Conscript equivalents, those who are treated as just omnipresent workers are probably equivalent to Guard Troopers, and those who are treated as auxiliaries to the Chapter are probably the equivalent of IG Veterans.
>>
>>55042282
I'd love to in order to get feedback. I originally started it as part of a BL writing competition, but I fell in love with the idea, and kept going. I'm not on my computer right now, but I'll post the link asap. I already had planned out a story including a Dreadnought bound Chapter Master dealing with his mortality, a murder mystery, and a Chaos Chaplain I modeled after Joel Osteen
>>
>>55042614
Shit sounds fire, link and I will read it for sure!
>>
>>55042419
there are 2 really specific examples I can think of

Caleb, Garro's equerry, while most DG treated them as nothing Garro was really grateful and minded of Caleb's opinion which after his sacrifice took Garro to consider him a battle brother
Ohm, Chaplain Elysius' assistant, he was Elysius' confidant and the only one that he "allowed" to see his face; he was blind
>>
>>55042614
>joel osteen chaos chaplain
GENIUS
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.