[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 29

File: 1495892934357.jpg (29KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1495892934357.jpg
29KB, 300x351px
Previous thread: >>55033074
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/gencon50exclamation-mark-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
How would you run a game set in Mexico?
>5th edition cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
how do you defeat powerful Temenos based Goetia without bruteforcing the bugger?
>>
>>55038520
Jesus Christ will I ever be able to avoid animeposters?
>>
>>55038465
Build a wall to keep Sabbat criminals out of the United States
>>
File: Ventrue.png (196KB, 300x560px) Image search: [Google]
Ventrue.png
196KB, 300x560px
>>55038620
Make the Camarilla great again!
>>
>>55038589
triggered much?
>>
>>55038465
>How would you run une partie set in Mexico?
Recreate cartel wars as supernatural conflicts in the shadows, with splat names pasted over cartel names.
>>
>>55038465
First for Changeling Supremacy
>>
>>55038465
I've never been to Mexico, so I might avoid it, especially if I have any players from there.

Otherwise, police corruption and gangs like crazy. Geist game, or werewolf game.
>>
>>55038589

WoD and anime have been inseparable since there was a VtM clan inspired by 3x3 Eyes.
>>
>>55039083
The Lasombra?
>>
>>55039096

The Salubri, which are basically "I want to play Pai but a Vampire." The healer/warrior split might even be inspired by the Pai/Pavarti personalities as well, but that's even more rampant speculation.
>>
>>55039198
Sounds more like the Lasombra.
>>
There are "humans" in this thread that believe Irraka can match the might and splendor of a Cahalith.
>>
>>55039755
What claw do they use that is better? Pinky Claw?
>>
>>55039810
End of Story and Natural Disaster. Enough said
>>
File: 1503337662406.jpg (85KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1503337662406.jpg
85KB, 453x439px
>>55038831
>>
Anybody here ever heard of a video game called Skullgirls? It'll probably work as pretty good inspiration for Deviant. But what could the playable characters be in the CoD besides Deviants?
>>
>>55041276
I don't play a whole lot of fightin gaems but when I do I sure as hell don't play Tumblr fighter
>>
>>55041276
I mean, yeah a few of them are definitely deviant designs. Before deviant was announced I would have called them Prometheans and Changelings.

You have people who are sewn back together, or seem to have returned from the dead in some way. The others just seem so fantastical as to be unnatural. Like the girl who looks like an early cartoon, that is changeling material

Though some are more mundane. The spy girl is just a hunter with good gadgets, maybe TFV or Cheiron.

The only question that matters is... wth is Big Band?
>>
How come woofs can't eat spirits for essence? If I ever play a forsaken game that is one change I will make.
>>
File: 1198809.jpg (72KB, 640x504px) Image search: [Google]
1198809.jpg
72KB, 640x504px
>>55041622
Perhaps you should read the rules, trollposter.
>>
>>55041696
I was going to say, can't they? I thought it was one of their essence recovery methods.
>>
>>55041719
And at higher levels of primal urge, it's literally all they can eat to gain sustenance.
>>
How are werewolves in the sack?
>>
File: Untitled.png (98KB, 449x193px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
98KB, 449x193px
>>55041832
They're animals in the sack.
>>
werewolf girls are infinitely better than vampshit girls. fact.
>>
>>55041832
There is a wolf-blooded power that makes them irresistible, which is one of those hilarious 'only if your game can handle it' sort of things. Anytime they sweat, anyone who smells or tastes it, wants a trip to pound town.

Like the rules don't say it, but these wolfblooded are pretty much there to be breeders. Keep one in your pack, then when someone needs to let off some stress after a bad hunt or something, send stinky susan into the gym with them and wait for everyone to come out looking refreshed.
>>
>>55041832
I hear they're a real animal in bed.
>>
>>55041622
You are an idiot. The change Uratha really need is access to aggravated damage that almost all splats have including adept mages, sin eaters and even vamps. Of course this is just my suggestion and names are placeholders
New 5 renown gift know as Weapons of the Father
>Purity Facet is Jaws of the Father. "Of all of Father Wolves weapons his powerful jaws was his most feared." Very high single target aggravated melee range damage
>Cunning Facet is talons of the Father. "Normal wolves aren't known for using their claws as weapons. However Father Wolf is no ordinary wolf". High single target aggravated melee range damage leaves a DoT
>Glory Facet is Howl of the Father. "Father Wolf's terrifying howl was so powerful it was known to sunder mind and spirit." Medium aoe aggravated damage. Exceptional success prevents targets from concentrating
>Wisdom Facet is Spirit of the Father. "Father Wolf in his great wisdom realized that even his essence can be used as a weapon." Expel essence to fire a beam of pure spirit energy from the mouth. Does low to high single target aggravated damage at range depending on how much essence you spend
>Honor Facet is Judgement of the Father. "Father Wolf not only hunted but he Judged those who broke his Iron Law". Judges a target if found guilty all sources of damage dealt to the target inflicts 2 bonus aggravated damage

I am not sure about the cunning or honor facets. If any of you guys have suggestions I am willing to hear them.
>>
>>55041872
>hairy
If that's what you're into I guess
>>
>>55042064
There's a five dot rite that gives a pack aggravated damage already.
>>
>>55042118
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czj7SyPNRto

Wolf girls are cute anon
>>
>>55042125
Really? What is it?
>>
>>55042154
Is this an attack? Are you trying to give me a seizure?
>>
>>55042189
Urfarah's bane. Lasts until the next sunrise, agg damage to werewolves. Complements their agg damage to spirits from rank.
>>
>>55042230
I just like cute wolf girls
>>
>>55042231
Oh it only works on werewolves? I think my idea is more fun mechanically and more useful since it works on everything.
>>
>>55042324
So just bolt on "everything" instead of werewolves, but that's up to you.
>>
>>55042064
Aggravated is overall hard to get in this system by design. Likewise healing damage is still tricky.

Werewolves have the advantage of just shitting out a lot of damage without much investment. and they can take a shit ton of damage, with their regen. As a combat splat they're in a good place.

I would suggest just making a rite that gives them agg in some form. Like>>55042125 but in a general case. So it's more thematic and plot important. I will say straight up aoe agg damage is shit broken idea.
>>
>>55041622
>How come woofs can't eat spirits for essence?

They can.
>>
>>55042064
That's stupidly OP. Reminds me of something though.
>First Class (•)
>Prerequisite: Werewolf
>Effect: When in the general vicinity of a vampire, a werewolf always does aggravated damage to anyone they attack. On an exceptional success while attacking a vampire, targets with Blood Potency lower than the werewolf's Primal Urge are instantly vaporized.
>Drawback: To take advantage of the power the merit offers, werewolves have been known to go into battle with vampires strapped to their backs, forcing opponents to kill the creature before the werewolf kills them.
>>
>>55042608
Baby carrier vampires.
>>
>>55041565
Tumblr fighter? Have you seen how much fanservice Skullgirls has? If anything, Tumblr would bitch about it objectifying women or whatever. Hell, even the male Beowulf is pretty much a bara.

>>55041612
Big Band (and Peacock) could either be Demons or Prometheans. If they are Demons, their weird appearances are Glitches. If they are Prometheans, their weird appearances are Disfigurements.
>>
>>55042693
I remember some 'fans' getting pissy when they redid some animations, and the redid animation removed some panty shots.

Clearly this is because of the SJW boogeyman .Even though most of the characters have no idea what pants are and wear tight or revealing clothing.
>>
Working more on the idea for a Pacific Northwest sept spanning across the US and Canadian border. Tell me if this sounds too much; one of the Caerns is staunch in the hands of the Black Furies. The ruling Elder and her pack there have several smaller packs of Furies and Children of Gaia working for them, and their mission statement is to moonbridge over into war torn regions to rescue women and children, refugees, and give them shelter and food to live off of. In exchange, they also train the children (girls) how to fight and use weaponry so they will always be able to defend themselves.

Sounds pretty benign, right? Most of the ancillary packs believe they are doing a Good Thing. However.. the Fury elder is actually using them to amass an army of loyal and zealous undocumented child soldiers she can use to commit acts of (domestic) terrorism back in the states and Canada, and abroad as well by passing them off again as refugees. She is not Wyrm tainted yet but clearly has a fucked up agenda that the PCs will have to come to terms with.

Sound good so far?
>>
>>55043098
>sounds interesting until
>apocalypse
Dropped
>>
So how exactly DOES the Toreador weakness work?

You've got Sculpture as your art type, are walking down the street and eyeball a sculpture, then, bam, you're standing there doing your best "fucking retard" impression until you spend willpower?
>>
>>55042494
This.
I would be happier if aggravated damage was harder to get outside specific circumstances as a whole for everyone.
>>
>>55043398
Except Mages obviously
>>
>>55043098
I feel like >>55043231.
I just like that Forsaken is less bound to it's 90s EXXTREME fight the man with terrorism roots.
>>
>>55043398
Looking at mages in particular. Super easy aggravated for every single arcana including time and fate somehow for little to no cost.
>>
>>55043435
They get it at 4 dots of an arcana right? Am I remembering that right?

Or was it just a reach?
>>
File: cap.jpg (161KB, 472x634px) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
161KB, 472x634px
>>55043429
Because Forsaken dropped that campy nonsense is why it's so much better. Apocalypse is literally a rob liefield drawing in table top form
>>
>>55043471
Reach and one mana at 4 dots.
>>
Is reading through the V20 corebook enough to get my head around trying to run a game if I've never played before or am I going to be swamped with players with preconceived notions and metaplot knowledge that I'm not hip to/prepared for?
>>
>>55043511
That seems okay.

If that is the case, that is probably the only extra thing the spell is doing. Because they will spend a reach to make it instant, and then need a reach to make it agg damage. There goes all the easy reach. They need to have lifted their gnosis (to 3? or is it just 2) to even get to 4 dots in an arcana. Plus if they try to attach anything more, they actually risk paradox (which they will just absorb because Paradox is a baby now, but whatever).
>>
>>55043429

Terrorism is an active problem today. Fight the man is a sentiment that is still deeply rooted in our Western society and politics and is only getting uglier as the years go by, at least in the US.

But it seems you are coming at this with an agenda instead of providing any actual criticism. I'm sorry you dislike Apocalypse. However, I did not make my post with the intention of being sold on Forsaken or for you to turn it into a rip on Apocalypse. If you don't like Apocalypse that's fine but please go start your own conversation elsewhere about why you think its bad.
>>
File: 177641364.jpg (106KB, 612x410px) Image search: [Google]
177641364.jpg
106KB, 612x410px
>>55043660
You keep talking big now but see what happens on the day of the rake!
>>
>>55043660
No, I said it is very much rooted in the 90s aesthetic.
Terrorism today is not the same as it was in the 80s and 90s, and the punk aesthetic that Apoc is based on has faded away as much as the goth aesthetic that VtM is based on has.
Stop thinking you need to defend Apoc from criticism on the internet, there is no fucking "Agenda", and you literally came here asking for critique. That said, I think your themes would work better in Forsaken without needed the hidebound ideology baked into Apoc.
>>
>>55038620
Don´t forget to get rid of all those smelly Nosferatu.
And the Brujah. Oh, and the Malkavians too, they are annoying.
>>
>>55043579
Gnosis has to be at 4 to get 4 dots in an Arcana. This isn't a one-to-one thing though. Adept level is the first one blocked by a Gnosis requirement. You can have Arcana at 3 at Gnosis 1.

Chances of Paradox also increase as your Gnosis gets higher, iirc, but using your Dedicated Tool and spending a Mana can reduce the chance, and then they can contain it for resistant bashing damage.
>>
>>55043930
So the argument stands at being able to get agg damage for a cost that is less than the benefit?
>I apologize, I am not into Mage at all
>>
>>55043930
I just checked the chart. At gnosis 3 your primary arcanum can be at 4. All the others are stuck at 3 though.

You can also have 3 yantras at that point, so that helps. But is unrelated to the conversation.
>>
While Mage allows the infliction of potential Defense-free aggravated damages at a distance at only 4 dots in an Arcanum, employing such a capability is usually not resource or tactically sound. In fact, most direct attacks such as fraying or unraveling are less efficient than more indirect or creative uses of the Arcana.

For instance, a Forces Adept can can bathe an opponent in aggravated damage fire, but it would cost a mana, require more than his free Reach, and only do 4 damage before dice penalties. Instead, he could simply nullify gravity at almost no cost, and either effectively take out his opponent or inflict far more damage dropping him from hundreds of feet in the air.
>>
>>55043975
>At gnosis 3 your primary arcanum can be at 4
Right, my bad. I was thinking about how Mastery requires five for your Ruling but six for the others.

>You can also have 3 yantras at that point, so that helps
Sure, but only one yantra can be used reflexively. Using more adds a turn to the casting time for each additional yantra.
>>
>>55044110
A turn is only 3 seconds right? That really isn't too bad
>>
>>55044110
Oooh. For some reason I thought reflexive yantras went up too. I still haven't played mage 2e yet though so I'm learning!
>>
>>55044159
>That really isn't too bad
Depends on the situation.
>>
i miss atamajakki
>>
>>55044256
What a queer guy
>>
So besides munchkinning the system to farm beatss, to Beasts have the easiest advancement?

They have a permanent condition based on their satiety
>>
Why do Mages get access to Aggravated damage so easily compared to every other Template?
>>
File: Wizard Fedora.png (113KB, 442x423px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard Fedora.png
113KB, 442x423px
>>55044948
Because Mages are the best
>>
>>55044948
What does it take for the other splats?
>>
>>55044948
because mage supremacy

ain't no way around it
>>
>>55044948
>easily
Something something Memes
>>
>>55044948
We just went over what it takes. It ain't really super easy.
>>
>>55045082
It's not super easy, just easier than others for comparably less cost.
>>
>>55044948
Vampire
Claws of the UnHoly, gives them Agg claws. It's a merit at CC
GET WRETKED
>>
>>55045105
Well that's hard to judge without seeing what everyone else has.

I think 2e prommies have pretty easy agg damage if the creep type has a weakness.
>>
>get four dots in Arcanum
>spend reach
>aggravated damage

Yeah, Mages are nukers
>>
>>55045136
Taking advantage of a weakness isn't the same as having access almost as a matter of course.
No one is complaining about wolves taking agg from silver, or vamps from fire.
>>
>>55045105
Why does it have to be the same level of difficulty for every splat?
>>
>>55045156
That's not how it works
>>
>>55045165
Why shouldn't there be some manner of parity between splats?
It makes for a smoother, more logical play time in practice, especially for rookies or people who don't trawl the internet looking for the "Win" button.
>>
>>55045159
I mean the attack just does agg. But the fluff is that it takes on the nature of the enemies bane.
>>
>>55045179
Yes. Yes, that's how it works. Spending one Reach and a point of Mana on an Unraveling spell upgrades it from Lethal to Aggravated.

Wizards be scary, yo'
>>
>>55045187
>Why shouldn't there be some manner of parity between splats?
Because internal mechanics and consistency matter more than equality.

>It makes for a smoother, more logical play time in practice, especially for rookies or people who don't trawl the internet looking for the "Win" button.
I don't even understand what point you're trying to make here.
>>
Another thread demonstrating how much Mage needs to be nerfed
>>
>>55045335
Being potentially stronger than other splats or able to do things more easily isn't a reason to be nerfed.
>>
>>55045286
>Because internal mechanics and consistency matter more than equality.
That isn't really an explanation. Where is the internal consistency as it regards the setting compared to other creatures? It was a dev choice outside of such considerations.
>I don't even understand what point you're trying to make here.
That stronger parity promotes faster and more cohesive understanding of the game mechanics for the player, unless you think Ivory Tower design is an ideal?
>>55045364
>potentially
They are, anon, and it's fairly obvious. There is nothing wrong with the kind of versatility mages get, there is something wrong when that versatility is also tied to more raw power for less cost.
All of this also makes it harder for an ST to challenge the players sensibly, and no, throwing cosmic threats at the players is not the answer when it flies in the face of internal consistency and the players' actions.
>>
>>55045424
>muh balance

You must be new to WoD
>>
>>55045105
Vampire gets it the easiest. See >>55045122
>>
>>55045424
>Where is the internal consistency as it regards the setting compared to other creatures?
Who cares about the other creatures? They have their own games, their own mechanics.

>That stronger parity promotes faster and more cohesive understanding of the game mechanics for the player,
So you want things to be more samey.

>They are, anon, and it's fairly obvious
Not every Mage is stronger than every other member of every other splat.

>there is something wrong when that versatility is also tied to more raw power for less cost
Why?

>All of this also makes it harder for an ST to challenge the players sensibly
Literally every other Mage has potential access to the same things the players do. Resources, powers, knowledge, etc. You don't need to throw cosmic threats at them to challenge them.
>>
>>55044256
Is he banned or something? I'd imagine we see more of him when scion comes out
>>
Man, then Prometheans must be super OP.

Any promethean can get aggravated damage on supernatural creatures without needing any higher Azoth.

They just need to be taught a complex refinement. Which require a tiny bit of work, but not much. Refinement of Silver, Clade alembic, gives you access to agg damage on any supernatural.

You can then calcify it, and even when you change refinements you'll always be able to take on whatever supernatural you set yourself to.
>>
>>55045508
Requires Protean 4
>>
>>55045544
I think he just got bullied out.
>>
I think you guys are missing the biggest thing about Mages and Aggravated damage.

They can do it at a distance.
>>
>>55045612
Not missing it, the fact they can do it from the other side of the planet is moot, when all mages who want to can.

Just because faggot vampires cant isnt a reason to nerf mages. Mages need that shit because the stuff they face isnt a hobo down an alley but a world eating alien spirit..
>>
>>55045640
Can you cast aimed spells at sympathetic range? Like if you did with a thunderbolt, would it just materialize from thin air and hit the target?
>>
>>55045640
or other mages
>>
>>55045122
>Claws of the UnHoly

There a some significant downsides to the merit. You can *only* do aggravated damage with them, and only while in frenzy. You might end up killing friends and allies.

At four dots in any Arcana, mages can inflict aggravated damage at their discretion at a distance, including multiple targets and area of effect.
>>
>>55045659
No, its sensory/sympathetically or aimed
>>
>>55045659
Thunderbolt isnt a aimed spell, aimed means something else in mage, it means your throwing the spell at somebody. By default spells arnt aimed.
>>
>>55045640
>Mages need that shit because the stuff they face isnt a hobo down an alley but a world eating alien spirit.

Spooky shadow birds vs. sentient alternate timelines.

Even with long-distance aggravated damage, mages are often under-powered within their own setting.
>>
>>55045659
So yes you can thunderbolt somebody from elsewhere and it will appear near them and hit them.
>>
>>55045713
Everyone always says this.
But Mages don't even have a standard enemy besides other mages, and whatever spooky stuff comes out of 'the abyss'.
>>
>>55045701

By default, spells are Self/Touch range. Such spells can be thrown. For a Reach, a spell can be upgraded to Sensory, which is an automatic hit without any Defense.
>>
>>55045728
>besides other mages

Who also can inflict distance aggravated damage.

Never forget that the entirety of mage society is premises on mutually assured destruction.
>>
>>55045730
>>55045722
Well when you cast something like thunderbolt sympathetically it comes out your hand into a portal in front of you than a portal opens up in front of your target and than the lightening bolt comes out and one shots your target.
>>
>>55045801
Opening a portal isnt mentioned in sympathetic casting in 2e, it could easily just come down from the sky near the target, targets no longer get to cast back through a portal like in 1e so doesnt have to be a physical portal etc.
>>
>>55045801
You could just as easily stab a voodoo doll of somebody and have them in pain via life cast sympathetically, a portal doesnt open and you need to stab them with the pin..
>>
>>55044948
At creation a Demon can have 3 sources of aggravated damage. One being 0A melee or short ranged, one being 2A melee and thirb being long range, hun damage rate of A damage. It takes 2 form power slots and one exploit slot.
>>
Why don't mages get along with other supernaturals? Don't mages have more than enough lawn furniture?

Their knowledge, power and versatility would seem to make them the perfect crossover splat, certainly far better than beasts and their developer fiat "everybody like me" power.
>>
>>55045846
What if the target inside a house?
>>55045869
Where did I mention voodoo anywhere in my post?
>>
>>55038465
Guys, how come the OP image doesn't say "Chronicles of Barkness and World of Barkness general"?
>>
>>55045915
A classic mistake
>>
>>55045890

At 4 dots in any Arcanum, mages can do a whole lot of stuff, with aggravated damage at a distance (including area of effect) as just the tip of the magical iceberg.

Gaining a dot in an Arcanum is way better that raising a supernatural power for any other splat.
>>
>>55045915
because op is a fag
>>
File: 1351077624862.png (763KB, 1312x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1351077624862.png
763KB, 1312x1014px
>>55045890
No they don't unless you mean going loud which isn't easy access at all.
>>
>>55045940
If they are form powers, they have abilities that let them partially use stuff from their demon form, I believe.
>>
>>55045940
>you mean going loud

And risk being hunted by powerful angels

Again, almost all mage powers don't have any downsided except for the narrative element that they usually become even bigger assholes.
>>
>>55045897
>Why don't mages get along with other supernaturals

It's uncouth to befriend your lab specimens.
>>
>>55045981
Found the Mystagogue
>>
>>55045969
Magefag so eager to shit on other splats that he lacks basic reading comprehension
>>
>>55045940
You can assume full demonic from WITHOUT going loud. And Acidic Spit deals aggravated damage on short distance or as a bite attack during a grab. There's also Cavernous Mouth that allows you to deal 2A damage with a bite. Both are available during character creation to a demonic form.

Then there is Hellfire, an Exploit. To get it you need either Check Backdrop or Merciless Gunman Embeds. You can get one of those embeds and Hellfire as a part of your 4 Embeds/Exploits package during character creation. It amps a damage of any of your firearms into aggravated.

None of that requires going Loud.

>>55045931
I am not arguing against Arcanum being very cost efficient. Just pointing out that other splats have access to aggravated damage easier and faster than Mages.
>>
>>55045902
Then the thunderbolt appears from somewhere and hits them. Unless the thunderbolt spell says that it originates from you then it doesnt need too. If you cast thunderbolt at sensory range you could have the bolt appear from anywhere and hit your target.
>>
>>55046013
>Just pointing out that other splats have access to aggravated damage easier and faster than Mages.

Yeah, like two.

Mages are also more proficient with dishing out Aggravated damage, period.
>>
>>55045897
They could.
They just have a bad reputation because like most supernaturals, outsiders don't know the 'good' ones from the bad.

So werewolves judge mages on all mages. Even the jerk seer, the banisher, the mad, and the high gnosis guy who came through that one time and turned the alpha into a frog for a day.

So the general attitude for all the werewolves who talk to each other is 'watch out for mages. They can be real cunts.'
>>
>>55046044
Demons, Vampiers and Promethans. So three. Also, yes. Mages focused on something are going to be better at that thing than any other splat.
>>
>>55046044
Okay
>>
Sooner or later the Magefags are going to pull out the Unmaking card.

Then it's game over. Thread burned.
>>
>>55046060
Claws of the Unholy isn't really a good example. It's kind of a crippled Merit. Very situational.

Mages and Demons aren't restricted by situation.
>>
I honestly can't tell if the people arguing that Mages are universally superior with agg are Magefags or Mage haters that are trying to stick to the idea that easier access to agg is another example of Mage privilege and is bad.
>>
>>55046065
use your x card first then faggot

you obv carry one by the sound of you
>>
>>55046093
>"watch as I prove mage supremacy just so you can hate it even more"
>>
>>55046093
Why is it bad

bad for who?

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1574838475869.jpg (11KB, 320x568px) Image search: [Google]
1574838475869.jpg
11KB, 320x568px
I AM X CARDING THIS THREAD
>>
>>55046124
I didn't say it was bad, moron.
>>
>>55046130
ur mum tried to x card my knob before i stuffed it in her gob
>>
File: carded.jpg (29KB, 441x491px) Image search: [Google]
carded.jpg
29KB, 441x491px
>>55046130
I X card your X card
>>
We know this much, mages are the only splat who can dish out aggravated damage, at distance, over an area of effect, without actually have to be there, and then only at 4 dots in a power.
>>
Doesn't the X card send you to the shadow realm?
>>
>>55046178
>only at 4 dots in a power.
More like at one dot short of the limit before Archmastery.
>>
>>55046170

You can't use two X cards.

That's too cis-normative and triggering.
>>
>>55046016
That's retarded and makes no sense according to the rules of the book. For that to happen you would need making sense the lightning bolt is coming out of thin air.
>>
>>55046192

Adept status among mages is not uncommon, particularly when many mages are Disciples at character creation.

Also, referencing Master-level mage Practices is practically "cheating" in these discussions. Few, if anyone other than other mages, have much hope of ever challenging a master.
>>
>>55046045
>like most supernaturals, outsiders don't know the 'good' ones from the bad.

>'good' mages

That's funny Anon.

It's so delightfully naive.
>>
>>55045897
>Why don't mages get along with other supernaturals?

The fools don't acknowledge mage supremacy.
>>
Wow, I thought you were exaggerating but it really is a daily thing now isn't it?
>>
>>55046207
Take it up with the book. Thunderbolt is a four dot Unraveling spell, and the Mage does indeed conjure it from no other source of existing energy. Likewise, Firebolt from the AA book is also four dots.
>>
I think we should all just learn to live with it
>>
>>55046271
>but it really is a daily thing now isn't it?

Meh, it fills the gap between the now rare release of new CofD material

Once Changeling and Geist 2e are released it will settle down.
>>
>>55046235
I didn't say it was rare or uncommon. Just that describing it as "only four dots" is inaccurate. You also need to be at least Gnosis 3 to have one Arcanum at Adept level. It's not like you can make the leap to Adept as soon as you get 4 Experiences, unless you dump all of your merit points in Gnosis, which is really boring and stupid imo.
>>
>>55046283
>>55046271
>I think we should all just learn to live with it

Just Lie Back and Think of England
>>
>>55046271
Yeah, people should be more mature and stop whining about Mages so much.
>>
>>55046327
>Just Lie Back and Think of England

British mages are fairly impressive according the Mage 2e...
>>
>>55046293
(It will not.)
>>
File: plagueBoy.jpg (126KB, 828x1024px) Image search: [Google]
plagueBoy.jpg
126KB, 828x1024px
>>55046084
>Very situational.

>Have protean
>Have Merit
>Rage
>You can force a Rage
All at CC
It's amazingly easy to get and easy to use
>>
>>55046315
Dumping all merit points on Gnosis is the best thing to do, gets you extra yantras, 1 hr ritual casting, more spell control and until "at char gen" only stuff appears there is nothing you'll miss out on and cant buy later.
>>
>>55046327
>Just Lie Back and Think of England

Just Lie Back and Think of Mage Supremacy
>>
>>55046478
Stop provoking magefags and it will calm down. There was some nice discussions about some shit the other day.
>>
How are Magefags NOT trolls? They're clearly doing this out of intent.

They're not even trying to be clever, they're just shitting up threads for the sake of it.
>>
>>55046505
>There was some nice discussions about some shit the other day.

I miss the discussion on what the blood of mages from different Paths would do to vampires.

It was an interesting non-mage supremacy crossover discussion that added some insights to Mage Sight.
>>
>>55046533
>How are Magefags NOT trolls?

Trolls are Changelingfags. Duh!
>>
>>55046533
lets just report all of their posts then.
>>
>>55046580
That didn't work last time
>>
>>55046471
Words cannot express how little I care about having a head start in magical power. What I care about is building a character with traits that can be reflected and used in play without having to wait to buy them when he should already have them.
>>
>>55046533
Doing what out of intent? Arguing mechanics? You need a thicker skin.
>>
>>55046598
Give some examples Mr. Pro roleplayer
>>
>>55046273
I know that and it doesn't make sense according to the practices laid out in the book.
>>
>>55046689
Huh, how so?
>>
>>55046436
>be in frenzy and have minimal control over your actions
>can have your awesome ability turned against you by having someone force frenzy on you when you don't want it
You think that garou form is perfect? It has built in flaws to keep it in check power wise.
>>
>>55046709
Unraveling doesn't allow you to make or create energy. So where is this thunderbolt coming from. It's not the same as call lightning where your are directing one from a storm. Same as the firebolt spell. Where is the fire coming from? Making energy like electricity and fire is master level making practice
>>
>>55046764
Then I agree, you have a point.
They would need some source of electricity then to be able to shoot it out, right?
>>
Have you ever designed your own evil supernatural corporation? If so, how did it work out?
>>
>>55046764
Transform energy is patterning,
Thunderbolt is patterning.

Your creating it from the surrounding other energy.
>>
>>55046790
as in an evil corp doing supernatural stuff, or an evil corp ran by supernaturals?
>>
>>55046764
>>55046689
Are we talking about Awakening 2e? Thunderbolt is a Prime 4 Patterning spell, not unraveling. It doesn't create from nothing, it "channels ambient energies."
>>
>>55046641
Character I'm building for an upcoming 2e game is Chinese American. Half and half, mom immigrated to the states with her grandmother. He's bilingual, speaks Mandarin as well as English. He's going to be Mastigos, so it's not even especially useful, but he's going to have it as a merit from the start. Part of his backstory involves being a runaway, so he'll have one dot in Alternate Identity from the start. I also want him to have a Familiar, Mentor, and Sanctum, right from the start. Depending on how things go he might also have Contacts, right from the start.

This isn't being a "pro roleplayer", it's just being a regular roleplayer.
>>
>>55046764
2e got rid of damaging spells only being fraying, unravelling etc.
>>
>>55046827
Its being a edgy fucktard roleplayer.
>>
>>55046827
Gnosis at creation isn't as critical as it was in 1e anyway. Delicious flat costs.
>>
File: thunderbolt.png (41KB, 359x162px) Image search: [Google]
thunderbolt.png
41KB, 359x162px
>>55046824
>>
>>55046822
both, if applicable
>>
>>55046860
You need to update your pdf mate
>>
>>55046872
Do I? That's 2e. Is there a new version or something?
>>
>>55046886
Uh yes, they put all the errata stuff into the end edition, you have the pre errata version
>>
File: pic.png (55KB, 519x238px) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
55KB, 519x238px
>>55046860
Yes im aware it looks like a bad photoshop but thats how it appears in the book.
>>
>>55046793
Thunderbolt is unraveling not patterning and if you say that you are using patterning to create the energy to use thunderbolt that would make it a combined spell
>>
>>55046906
Is the end edition in the mega?
>>
>>55046944
Probably not. I had to look hard for my copy :)
>>
>>55046937
Oh you've gotta be kidding me. How much as changed? Do I have to reread the book?
>>
>>55046944
http://theonyxpath.com/awakening-2e-errata-mage-the-awakening/
>>
>>55046937
From the errata:
"Thunderbolt: Is a Patterning spell, and has been reworded to make it clear that it works by Patterning ambient energies to gather and strike at the subject."

If your pdf says otherwise, you have the uncorrected version. I believe only the final version has an index at the back; does yours?
>>
>>55046965
Not a lot has changed. See the errata here: theonyxpath com/awakening-2e-errata-mage-the-awakening/
>>
>>55047007
Nah its fine, its worded clearer. Which part of channels ambient energy isnt clear?
>>
>>55047026
It wasn't clear before it said that, when it used to say this:
>>55046860
>>
>>55046975
My fav is the Analyze Life change.
>>
>>55046975
Thanks
>>
>>55047067
If i knew how to add it to the mega i would, my copy was called mge-fin.pdf but googling doesnt come up with much and i cant remember where i found it.
>>
>>55047064
>Reveals sex, not gender
Was this really necessary?
>>
>>55047020
>theonyxpath com/awakening-2e-errata-mage-the-awakening/
Lot of attack spells being changed from Fraying and Unraveling to Weaving and Patterning.
>>
>>55047171
It's right up there with all the errata to "clarify" things for the autists that game.
I had a transitioning mtf in my Werewolf game, and I had to think for a moment how other wolves would pick up their scent.
>>
Why would Thunderbolt be Prime and not Forces?
>>
>>55047225
It is Forces 4
>>
>>55047205
And what did you choose? Male i hope. Probably gay though what
>>
>>55047205
Probably depends where they are in their transition.

In the end, it would be unique enough that not being 100% sure would be more than enough information to track them.
>>
Ephemeral Shield no longer needs Reach to defend against the "powers of spiritual monsters like werewolves", according to the errata. Likewise, Death can defend against the powers of any Death based entity. Including vampires and strix,
>>
>>55047302
Makes sense. Don't know why it would require more when those people technically count under that purview.
>>
>>55047205
Medical transition as a werewolf is for suckers. You want to get Luna's Embrace from the Gifts of Change. There's no roll, it costs 1 essence and switches your sex permanently until you use the power again. Thanks spirits!
>>
>>55047271
>>55047295
I said that they smelled of male and female, and mentioned that they had rarely smelled the like from a single being.
>>55047436
This began before they changed.
>>
>>55047452
Good to know trannies smell different and unique, they will love that.
>>
>>55047452
Wouldn't estradiol do fucking nothing in a werewolf metabolism? Even a wolf-blood might fuck it up.
>>
>>55047520
Anon, stop being a cunt.
Disregarding the other issues with the player, it was the least of my concerns, and the player wasn't in transition themselves.
>>55047535
Why, unless you think the body destroys hormones.
>>
>>55047535
Up the dose!
>>
>>55047583
Go back to Tumblr faggot
>>
>>55047535
Remember that werewolves can go into a coma from eating chocolate and shifting down. This despite them still having strong healing in that form.

Should still work.
>>
Oh fuck. It's happening again.

Tumblr Strikes Back
>>
>>55047615
Make me.
>>
>>55047615
Why? this is where all the faggots are.
>>
>>55047583
So a cis was "playing" a trannie for what luls?

Thats pretty fucked up.
>>
>>55047656
Because they wanted to try a character idea?
And I allowed it so long as they didn't try to fetishize it, which they didn't?
>>
>>55047656
I find this less troublesome than guys playing as girls.

Seriously, you guys scare me.
>>
>>55047642
>>55047655
No it isn't you bunch of fuccbois
>>55047685
Mike Pence needs to smite thee
>>
>>55047685
Thats pretty high on the edge-o-meter a trannie werewolf, so many changes to worry about...
>>
>>55047706
Oh man that is the worst.
>>
>>55047715
What changes that would effect gameplay mechanics or how the pack would regard them?
They were a werewolf and a packmate.
>>
>>55047714
>He says in a general created by 'chronicle of fagness'
>That just one thread ago was posting gay werewolf pictures for 'fun'.

Yeah, totally not gay.
>>
Cound Thunderbolt be a Unraveling spell though?The practices section mention Unraveling as either damaging the arcana's purview or attacking someone with the arcana, or is that also changed in the errata?
>>
>>55047745
Why are you assuming that uratha are progressive democrats?
>>
>>55047771
>being a fucking faggot
>being a goddamned tublrite

There's a big fucking difference
>>
>>55047809
>or is that also changed in the errata?
To a degree. It says they wanted to make it clear that not all attack spells fall under Unraveling or Fraying.
>>
>>55047815
No, I'm assuming that uratha do not conform to human standards of who is honored family or not.
Pack is pack, anon, no matter how much you are trying to make some manner of issue about it.
It's not to me, or to most people who live in the real world. It's only on 4chan that I see people complaining about tumblr/sjws/insert other in their games, and I care not to get involved unless it actively becomes a problem.
Granted, I did boot the player some months later, but it was not related to that issue in the slightest.
>>
>>55047844
How much does it matter, besides fluff, which practice they fall under? I can't think of why this would matter.
>>
>>55047870
>Granted, I did boot the player some months later, but it was not related to that issue in the slightest.
Why did you boot them?
>>
>>55047882
Fluff is what matters, didn't you see the anon going on about internal consistency?
Thunderbolt in particular was about gathering already present atmospheric forces to a desired effect, which is why it became patterning.
>>
>>55047714
>Mike Pence needs to smite thee

The Tetrarch of the Unity wouldn't notice such a lowly sleeper
>>
>>55047882
Are you serious? Practices are the entire foundation for creative thaumatargy
>>
>>55047888
The player had attitude issues, wasn't gelling with the game themes as stated by myself or with the other players.
After several repeated incidents, I gave him his walking papers after a group vote.
>>
>>55047904
I wasn't accusing. I was just asking if there was anything else that would make it matter. Like spells that only worked against certain practices or something.

>>55047927
I'm serious. Elaborate.
>>
>>55047882
Without practices you wouldn't know what dot level a spell would be from
>>
>>55047882
It matters a lot for Creative Thaum. The Practices are barred by dot level in an Arcanum, and you have to hash out with your ST what the spell does, how it does it, and what Practice it would fall under. And from there you work with the mechanics.
>>
>>55047941
Likely just trying to spread out the practices, rather than tying everything to a handful of common ones.
>>
>>55047951
No I mean, Patterning vs Unraveling. Is there anything in the rules that cares about that distinction?
>>
>>55047937
>Not gelling with game themes
What does that mean exactly?
>>
>>55047937
Wanting to play a trannie should have red flagged it for you much sooner.
>>
>>55047984
Patterning is changing while unraveling is only damage
>>
>>55047993
>This game will be about subterfuge, politics, and overcoming personal hardship.
>That Guy makes a murderhobo and insists on solving everything with fisticuffs.

That is an obvious example, and I'm not even that anon.
>>
>>55048018
Wouldn't unraveling also work for ripping apart something that consists of the purview. Like ripping a chunk of rock apart with matter.

And anyway, since some of the other patterns can also do damage, wouldn't that make Unraveling 'limited' in scope? Since clearly Patterning can also deal damage.
>>
>>55047993
I had expressly stated that I wanted the game to be about regular people finding themselves in exceptional circumstances, fighting against the world for the sake of a scarcely remembered Original Sin and against seemingly impossible odds that wanted to take everything from them.
>>55048009
I don't consider anything a "red flag" because I consider everything in actual practice and not theory or being afraid of what might be.
I have made some very off kilter characters, and there was no issue because my GMs extended trust to me that I would do right, and I took that lesson to heart. It led to some of my most memorable pcs, not because of their quirks, which are transient at the end of the day.
There is nothing scary about a transitioning pc outside what you yourself foist on them, imo, or any other concept that /tg/ would howl about being special snowflake. If they act like a cunt, the player is the problem, not the concept.
>>
>>55048039
>overcoming personal hardship

trannies fit right in then.
>>
If I miss an aimed spell, does it still takes effect wherever it lands?I wouldn't think so, because the Imagos what made with a specific target in mind, but I don't know if it is stated anywhere.
>>
>>55047917
>Mike Pence
>Tetrarch of the Unity wouldn't notice such a lowly sleeper

No silly, everyone knows Mike Pence is a Minister of The Father.
>>
>>55043098
I think that fits very well and, if nothing else it would make a great "oh shit!" Moment for the players.
>>
>>55048203
It would probably act like any missed firearm attack, only causing a problem if there are a lot of possible targets to hit, otherwise falling harmlessly to the wayside (as harmlessly as it can).

I mean, is the imagos made with a specific target in mind with an aimed spell? Seems like an aimed spell means you made a projectile and a trajectory, and will hit whatever you manage to.
>>
>>55048061
Unraveling isn't 'damage' so much as it is 'destruction'. You're destroying a Pattern, pulling threads out. Mind Flay is a good example of an Unraveling attack spell. Directly wreaking destruction on someone's mind. For a Reach, you can make them insane. As a Practice it isn't as inherently versatile as Patterning or even Weaving, but in application it can still be used creatively. And what a Practice can't do matters just as much as what it can. Compelling can't force an outcome, Ruling can't force a state change, etc.
>>
File: 1470948042445.jpg (17KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
1470948042445.jpg
17KB, 480x352px
>>55046271
These threads are unironically no longer worth it.
>>
>>55048386

>The Lions of Zion approve of that photo
>>
So, the Shaniatu (I will never be able to spell that right) the powerful guys who made the mummies.

What were they? Mages? Pangeans? I feel like someone on OPP implied they could be connected to Scorpion, as in the Pangean god Scorpion.

Their powers are so strong that they reached a level of spellcraft unknown by anyone but supernal mages. The Rite of Return is one of the most powerful spells ever put together, clearly.

But it doesn't quite seem to be supernal magic, does it?
>>
>>55048642
They were Sorcerer-Priests. A different kind of magic. Possibly Archmage-tier. Nobody knows for certain.
>>
>>55048642
Pawns of the Judges. In mage terms (which are the most universal), Lower Depths demons.
>>
Mage was a mistake.
>>
>>55048683
>Mage was a mistake

Why?
>>
>>55048674
I know that the game was made right before 2e, but it is interesting that neither book has much to say about each other (mage about mummies, mummy about mages). Because you just know there were mages around at the time, they were already up and running 1000 years prior to Irem (though in a much crappier society). So unless the sorcerer-priests killed any who awakened in their region, the mage traditions would have touched what they were doing.
>>
>>55048752
You need to delve into the Mage-Mummy crossover supplement. It's an interesting read.
>>
>>55048770
Which one was the Mage-Mummy one?
>>
>>55048777

It's in the Dark Eras Companion.
>>
>>55048798
Yeah, I know, there are like 8 of them in there and they don't say which game lines they relate to right away. So I was hoping you knew the name or the setting/time period.
>>
>>55048777
>>55048825
Princes of the Conquered Land: Mutapa Empire
>>
>>55048833
Thank you. I'll take a look!
>>
If an Archmage casts an Imperial spell in the Supernal, does it really affect the entire universe?
>>
Idea for Mage NPC: Acanthus Libertine whose Awakening involved him being "sent into the distant future" and talking with "Sufficiently Advanced Aliens" (actually Supernal Fae), who showed him how he could change the world into a futuristic utopia. The problem is that his Awakening ended before he could finish talking to the Fae and writing the blueprints based on their instructions. Now he is looking to finish what he started by joining the Thaumatech Enginners Legacy and using his Blueprint Digital Scroll Artifact to find the right times and places where "alien tech and beings" can be found to further his utopic designs.
>>
>>55048833
Does it explain anything about mages in Irem, though?

My guess is that like the Cwn Annwn, Iremite practices are Lower Depths stuff that's very entropic, very sacrifice-oriented, and mages were more valuable (and safer for the Shan'iatu) dead than alive. Maybe they had to kill mages to put the Pillars up.
>>
>>55046869
Dang, I completely forgot to respond to this.

I've had a few, really.

In one of my first games, The daughter of a man turned into a Promethean got back in contact with the Promethean of her father. So they took their company and together used it to further his pilgrimage. They weren't big, but his spreading wasteland eventually shut down the whole little town he was hiding in, and that's what brought the players in (their cars all stopped outside the town over the course of a few days, bringing them all together)
>>
>>55048866
Of course not. Galaxy wide maybe but definitely not universal
>>
>>55048866
The Supernal symbolically represents everything, so yes.
If an Archmage -really- wanted to turn gravity into cotton candy, he could do it.

The Pax will slap him silly though.

Outside of that, it can only go as far as Sensory Range.
>>
>>55048967
A spell hits everything
Then that spell is undone in a way that made it never happen
Does it matter if it ever happened?

What can an archmage get done for sure, that wouldn't 'be undone by the pax' that those mages lower than him couldn't do?
>>
>>55048967
>>55048996
You idiots are confusing Archmages with Ascended mages
>>
>>55049024
No, they're not. Archmages can enter the Supernal (for a time) and fuck with the symbols therein.
>>
>>55048929
More recent I had a factory that was actually an occult matrix made by the God-Machine. The whole idea was that the GM was taking a small ritual, and repeating it factory style, in an attempt to create something. It had control over a whole factory town, everyone heading to work every day, but not realizing what they were doing once in there (they sort of entered a fog). They just all knew they were 'happy' with their work, and clocked out each day, then came back the next day.

People were burning themselves out, because of the magical compulsion to work work work work work.

The leader of the factory was an over the top 'synergy leads to better results' fluff talk boss type. The whole building was plastered with TVs that occasionally played videos of him giving uplifting messages, posters with his face on it, etc.

The PC and her crew snuck in to figure out what was going on, because they noticed an angel (principle style) hanging around the town.

In the end they realized that the factory workers were effectively a cult, and their rituals were building into a giant ritual. The assistant to the charming boss man was actually an angel (GM style) in disguise that had dominion over the building, able to spy using the security cameras, speak through the screens, etc. She went into a big scary angel form to fight off the PC and friends, but they managed to bring the whole factory down as the ritual was coming to completion.
>>
It occurs to me now that I don't own the Dark Eras companion.

Like, I kickstarted the main dark eras book. I have to buy the companion separately though huh?

I wondered why sometimes people seemed to be talking about settings I hadn't heard about.
>>
>>55049202
>Dark Eras companion

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ozc1nc

Enjoy
>>
>>55049251
>https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
Thank you
>>
>>55042494
Werewolves can deal aggravated damage by eating their enemy.
>>
>>55046937
I feel like this sets a bad precedent. You could in theory make any kind of energy you want by Patterning "ambient energies". It's essentially off-brand Making. I mean, I would at least say reflect the "channeling" part by making it take time, like the spell takes two turns or something as Instant, and with Reach you can can do it in one, hastening the channeling. And I would apply that to all similar Pattering Forces spells that players would make in Creative Thaum. Like you could channel ambient energies into an AoE fire bomb spell, but it takes two turns without Reach, because you're channeling.
>>
>>55049679
Anything relying on "ambient energies" would fail in their absence. Makings wouldn't. There isn't always enough ambient energy for a lightning bolt, like if the characters are underground in a building with no electricity. The spell might also be limited in effect if there's some energy, but not much. Can't get a lethal lightning bolt out of a couple of old batteries.
>>
>>55049732
Doesn't matter. It's Patterning. Any energy around would be taken and transformed. That's what Patterning does. Changes something to another thing entirely. Light, heat, sound, motion, radiation, plus electricity. All "ambient energies" that could be channeled and transformed. Hence why I feel like the process of the spell should be reflected better. Maybe throw some bits about frost lingering on heat depleted surfaces, light bulbs dead but not broken, your cell phone totally drained, etc. Just for flavor.

Bolstering electricity from an existing source would be Weaving, by the way.
>>
File: ShaggyRogers.png (11KB, 212x406px) Image search: [Google]
ShaggyRogers.png
11KB, 212x406px
Question, which Watchtower would this character Awaken to?
>>
>>55049929
Thrysus. Talks to a dog, loves to take in... uh... nature. Always hungry for more food like a ravenous beast.
>>
>>55049929
Acanthus.
>>
>>55049929
Watchtower of the Singing Stone AKA Thyrsus
>>
>>55049929
Thyrsus, no doubt. Takes Time as his tertiary and Acceleration as a Rote.
>>
>>55050001
>>55049971
>>55049963
>>55049958
>>55049929
So would Scooby be a familiar?
>>
>>55050035
no a werewolf.
>>
>>55050035
People can just own dogs.
>>
>>55050065
A talking dog is a little unusual though.
>>
>>55050035
>>55050065
Could be a Spirit bound to the dog.
>>
>>55050055
A werewolf SLAVE

:^)
>>
File: 1502320582741.jpg (72KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
1502320582741.jpg
72KB, 600x719px
Post gay changeling
>>
>>55050076
Not when you're a mage!
Just throw some Mind-
>Inferior Arcana: Mind

Dangit...
>>
>>55050076
>A talking dog is a little unusual though.

Not if you're smoking the same stuff as Shaggy.
>>
>>55050083
>Could be a Spirit bound to the dog.

A spirit of gluttony and cowardice
>>
>>55050104
fuck this picture
>>
>>55050104
>gay
>changeling

Well, that's redundant.
>>
>>55050153
>>55050083
I like this.

The question is, why is a Hunter like Freddie hanging out with a Mage and his spooky possessed dog?
>>
>>55050104
>Post gay changeling

>Post mage incinerating gay changeling
>>
>>55050187
>why is a Hunter like Freddie hanging out with a Mage and his spooky possessed dog?

He owns the van and has great "snacks."

No one said Hunters were the brightest bulbs in the CofD.
>>
>>55050187
Shaggy uses First Impressions to seem harmless and goofy. Scooby-Doo is so genuinely low-powered that his main contribution is occasionally alerting the party to danger ("Ruh roh!").
>>
>>55050187
Freddie obvious the jock with a chip on his shoulder. Plus Shaggy is like so on the down low. He's usually getting into trouble and then getting bailed out. They probably just think Shaggy is just talking to his dog and just adding his dog voice
>>
>>55050231
>>55050228
True. Considering how goofy Shaggy is, and the sleeper's curse, it is possible Freddie thinks Scoob is the more supernatural of the two, and uses him to his advantage.

Might also explain why as seasons got later, Freddie was less likely to be around. At some point he realized what was up and bailed.

Especially after Scrappy was around.
>>
File: 1415990693891.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1415990693891.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
Dark Eras gets worse and worse as I read it
>Sundered world has the first humans under a matriarchy that punishes dissent with spirit harassment
>retcons Luna and Father Wolf into trans hermaphrodites
>retcons the silver curse as something Luna gives inadvertently because the idea of a woman who would mistreat her children is problematic
>Pure weren't cartoonishly evil enough so now they aren't extra silver curse for not obeying Luna but instead because they removed their moon brand; which makes no sense mind you
>Vlad is an evil piece of shit that slaughters millions of innocents while the Turkish nation of piece dindu nuffin when we all know that they butt raped Vlad as a child prisoner
>>
>>55050267
(Then the 13 ghosts of Scooby doo and Ghoul School happen, and Shaggy was in too deep to ever pass for normal again)
>>
>>55050267
>Scrappy
BURN IT BURN IT IN HELL FIRE
>>
>>55050284
>Bait
>>
>>55050284
Pack totems give the pack a ban too. It's normal for a spirit's patronage to have a catch.
>>
File: Shaggy_werewolf.png (68KB, 246x286px) Image search: [Google]
Shaggy_werewolf.png
68KB, 246x286px
>>55050286
Opps
>>
>>55050310
Don't even dignify him with a response. The pepe is sign enough he is only trolling.
>>
>>55050284
I am dignifying you with a response
>>
>>55050284
It gets worse friend. I love how the book shit talks Christianity for daring to support Vlad standing up to the Muslim hordes.
>>
File: coffee.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>55050284
Sometimes obvious bait is the best bait
>>
>>55050326
OMG, I totally forgot that he became a werewolf. Then again I don't remember alot about Ghoul School.
>>
Thread is dying
Talk about your homebrew
>>
>>55050375

no
go away
let the thread die
this is how it must be
>>
>>55050385
We are powerless before the inexorable tide of page 10.
But we do not go gently into that good night.
>>
>>55050306
>>55050329
It may be bait but some of his points is right. Why did they decide to make Father Wolf and Luna genderfluid. Why aren't they talking about the evils that The Ottomans perpetrated?
>>
>>55050403
Naw
>>
>>55050284
>etcons Luna and Father Wolf into trans hermaphrodites

That's straight from the Forsaken 2e core.
>>
>>55050372
Remember when they met batman and robin? and they met the Orlando Globe Trotters like a dozen times or something
>>
>>55050267
>>55050296
>Scrappy

Definitely a Gulmoth.

Shaggy is a shitty mage.
>>
>>55050284
Luna and Father Wolf are both spirit beings. They naturally have no set gender.

This isn't PC propaganda, it's part of the lore.
>>
>>55050421
No it isn't. Father Wolf is never mentioned to be anything but male in 2e core.
>>
File: Super-Globetrotters.jpg (55KB, 320x274px) Image search: [Google]
Super-Globetrotters.jpg
55KB, 320x274px
>>55050426
The Harlem Globetrotters had to be all over the place. It was their cover for their superheroics.

(and kept them one step ahead of the True Fae that gave them their powers)
>>
>>55050445
Made a decent car racing werewolf thou.
Which Auspice and Tribe thou?
>>
>>55050453
If that is the case than why use male and female pronouns instead of just it. Wait I know it's because they are trying to push their progressive agendas!
>>
>>55050475
>more bait
>>
>>55050469
Cahalith or Itheur do to all the weed and definitely tribeless ghost
>>
>>55050469
Iraake Bone Shadow
Runs away a lot
Finds creepy monsters
>>
>>55050187
Shaggy is an Apostate. He didn't want to hook up with any Orders because they all just need to like, chill out, man. So he's low key pursuing Mysteries with a Hunter who only wants to trap terrorizing monsters. Daphne is a Spring Court Changeling (help me out here Changelingfags) and I don't know what Velma would be.
>>
>>55049929
Probably Thyrsus or Acanthus, but I like him better as a Sin-Eater (Scooby would be his Geist).
>>
>>55050552
Velma was replaced with a Demon she made a deal with a long long time ago. But the cover is perfect. It lets her follow the gang, who always get into trouble, and run into crazy stuff that sometimes might be GM related.
>>
>>55050552
Velma has to be the shadow bone werewolf. who loses her glasses all the time but never gets killed because of it
>>
Anybody wants to read my lesbian futa vampire fiction staring a daeva and a nosferatu?
>>
>>55050762
Go for it.

Actually... which one is the futa?
>>
>>55050762
>World's coming to an end
Sure fuck it
>>
>>55050762
DOET
>>
>>55050762
Go for it
>>
>>55050784
>>55050789
>>55050845
>>55050891
I am sorry I don't really have a story. I am lonely and desperate for (you)s.
>>
File: frisk.png (3KB, 147x122px) Image search: [Google]
frisk.png
3KB, 147x122px
I wanted to stat Frisk as a Dream-born Promethean, but I can't afford the core rulebook right now.

Naturally their Bestowment would be Unnatural DETERMINATION, allowing them to break through supernatural enigmas, spell patterns and deceptions.
>>
>>55050957
Fuck you, I'm writing it as we speak
>>
>>55050994
Does the mega not have what you want?
>>
File: 1487875529750.jpg (138KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487875529750.jpg
138KB, 720x720px
>>55050957
Never have I felt so betrayed.
>>
>>55051033
.. I didn't even know that was a thing.

Nevermind. I am now in the process of statting Frisk as a Promethean!
>>
>>55051049
That dog terrifies me
>>
>obligatory magefag post
>>
What do mages do for entertainment when not pursuing Mysteries?
>>
>>55051259
shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>55051270

Is there some type of magic 4chan or Reddit that mages use?
>>
Why everyone complain about mages and crossovers when banning creative thaum solves all the problems?
>>
>>55051445
They have a locked sub-reddit.
But no, just normal 4chan. Not even mages are stupid enough to go some knockoff chan.
>>
>>55051454
>banning creative thaum
No, that that just ruins one of the most fundamental parts of the game.

Creative Thaumaturgy is entirely the point of Mage, you dumb sack of shit.
>>
>>55051445
Free Council book says yes.
>>
>>55051454
Hah no it wont, unless other splats can learn to fly or avoid gravity and numerous other stuff mages can do without even using creative thaum.

Play mage or werewolf or vampire or demon, dont ruin the theme of whatever game by allowing any other crossover, if people want a crossover its because they are trying to be edgy fuckers and they are the problem not individual self contained rpgs
>>
>>55051503
Most of the splats have a way to fly.
>>
>>55051528
>>
>>55051518
Miss the point much? mages dont need creative thaum to shit all over other splats.

Boo hoo, Deal with it.
>>
>>55051454

At that point, just use hedge mages and call them Awakened. It's not the end of the world and you can avoid the more powerful Rotes.
>>
>>55051445
>Is there some type of magic 4chan or Reddit that mages use?

Oh yes, and Network Zero has been trying to crack it for years.

Unfortunately, the code and passwords are all in High Speech runes, and cannot be understood or used by anyone but mages.

The Pentacle forum is rumored to be hidden in a locked subforum on a knitting advice website, but no mage is willing to confirm or deny.

> In the CofD, /m/agic also exists and is full of shitposters complaining about "wizard privilege."
>>
>>55051518
>Most of the splats have a way to fly.

lolno
>>
File: DaveB - Gravity Control.png (12KB, 610x161px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB - Gravity Control.png
12KB, 610x161px
>>55051518
>Most of the splats have a way to fly.

Heh.
>>
>>55051518
from a roof
>>
What is the general opinion on Thouthand Years of Night? Because my opinion is low. They spend years on this book, and as the result we just got a collection of tropes, small gallery of monsters and... little to none mechanics. 6+ lvl of disciplenes? Why would I need that for my game. Sheere monstrosity of 1000 years old cused person? Lol, no. They are just like ancilae, but older. That's just ridiculous. They know what we expected, they know that we've read clanbooks. Remember that Daeva lady, who shaped sexual preferences of an entire generation of american males using only her looks? Remeber the terror she infused in her younger clanmate? Oh, oh, how about scary fuckers from Gangrel clanbook, who just didn't recembled humans anymore? Those were really creepy, and we expected more! What have got? Detective L and 3 of his ghouls.
Complete and utter garbage. Why do we need that book if we already have much berret ancient monsters and you offer us no mechanics?
>>
>>55052844
Yeah disappointment was the prevalent reaction to TYoN around here.
>>
>>55052844
I was disappointed about no more The Unholy.

But the coon from the Gangrel Clanbook was my favourite. He was so lazy and racist that he didn't manage to become utterly inhuman like the rest and was a happy friend to other vampires. Amazing. If only he was drinking metho.
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.