[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to run a game for 6 of my friends tomorrow. I have everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1297998020557.jpg (203KB, 684x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1297998020557.jpg
203KB, 684x1000px
About to run a game for 6 of my friends tomorrow. I have everything set up on Tabletop Sim, and a few encounters and story stuff written out. However I just realized I have literally nothing written down in terms of loot. I've been thinking, how do create an appropriate amount of treasure for each situation? I was reading the Death House adventure from the Curse of Strahd book, and it rewards level 3 players 10,000 gold at the end, which seems astronomical to me at that level. Besides money, how can I make sure that the equipment my players find are things they actually want to use, rather than just toss?
>>
direct upgrades
>>
>>55036406
Ask them about their characters; what they see them being like, how they will fight, etc. Also have a session zero and mention they might find some good deals on items for RP or planning out a bit of shopping (and give them some small discounts), but mostly pay attention to what they try to buy or are on the look out for.
>>
This comes down to what kind of players you have. Some players will be happy with just direct upgrades. They like seeing their number go up, since it means they can keep doing what they're doing and skill kill bigger, badder things.

Other players want stuff that gives them options. Either items that give them tools for RP sections (Skeleton Key, Bottomless Decanter, items that let them spy on other people, traversal options, that sort of thing) or weapons that are about the same power level as what they have but have some property that gives them combat options (like elemental damage or some kind of debuff effect).

Then you have psychopaths like my players, who give the best reaction when given items with great power at risk or cost. Like a pendant that gives a big attack bonus at the risk of driving the wearer into a rage that threatens allies, or power scrolls that require blood (HP) to trigger.

If your group is RP heavy ask them about their characters and their motivations. Giving them something connected to that or even hints at it can make an otherwise random item feel special and can be used as a plot point in later sessions/adventure.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.