[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright BOIS, I've been meaning to roll a Samurai in 5e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Onna-3.jpg (75KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
Onna-3.jpg
75KB, 400x599px
Alright BOIS, I've been meaning to roll a Samurai in 5e for a while, now I know there's an archetype for it but since homebrew is allowed in this particular campaign I thought fuck it I'll ask you guys :

what skills would you give a samurai / archetype class if you were to create it homebrew ? Cheers
>>
bump
>>
>>55034195
JAPANESE BLADE FOLDED TEN MILLION CUT THROUGH SOLID STEEL

But really, one would be some kind of first strike ability meant to mimic that move where they draw the sword from their scabbard and cut their target in a flash.
>>
>>55034195
Oath of the Crown Paladin.

Alternately, UA Samurai Fighter.
>>
>>55035978
>>55036108
GLORIOUS NIPPON

But yeah I might just use the UA and homebrow that iaido striko or whatever it is. I still do want it to be balanced though
>>
I once made an intentionally cringy Iaidoka archetype.

At level 20 you can attack up to 8 times if you're the luckiest bastard that ever lived, all without anyone seeing your sword come out of the scabbard. (If you take an Disadvantage on your attack and it hits, you can hit one additional time).

It's generally just about using a longsword as a finesse weapon and holding out damage until you sheathe your sword. It's gloriously cringy.

As for actual Samurai? Just use the UA, it's pretty good. It's just a shame that Fighters can't get Unarmored Defense, so if I was homebrewing seriously, I would make the Ronin-option (Unarmored defense) or the Bushi-option (with something else).
>>
>>55036276
Laugh.

>Iaijutsu
At 3rd level, you master the art of drawing a sword while simultaneously attacking with it. You can draw a Finesse weapon as a part of an attack. All swords without the two-handed property are Finesse weapons when you use them with one hand, and you are wielding them as long as you are able to draw them.

>Delayed Strike
When you cause damage to opponents with a sword, you can withold that damage until you sheathe it. You can use your bonus action or reaction to sheathe the sword to a scabbard you are holding.
When you sheathe the sword, you can make the opponents you've hit make a Constitution save. On a failed save, they take an additional weapon die of damage from every attack they've received. You can also false sheathe the sword, delaying the damage further, or sheathe the sword without damaging your opponents.
>Delayed Strike Save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Dexterity modifier

Scabbard Defender
At 7th level, you learn to block attacks with your scabbard. If you hold a scabbard in your hand while not wearing heavy armor, you gain +2 AC.

>Invisible Strike
At 10th level, you can attack so fast that your blade never seems to come out of its scabbard. You can sheathe your sword as a part of your attack action, and you gain the benefits of Delayed Strike when you do.

>Fearless Dash
At 15th level, you can dash intently toward your foe. As an action, you can Dash toward an opponent you aim to strike and use your attack action during the dash. You don't provoke opportunity attacks during this movement. If you successfully attack the foe you're aiming for, you get free movement to move 15ft to the other side of the opponent.
You can't use this feature again until you finish a short rest or a long rest.

>Unlimited Attack Discipline
At 18th level, you can strike more times than the eyes can see. You can make weapon attack hit twice if you make the attack with disadvantage, forgoing advantage on the attack if you would have it.
>>
I would ask in the general and delete this thread
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.