[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 25

File: 1498411298528.png (319KB, 370x655px) Image search: [Google]
1498411298528.png
319KB, 370x655px
Previous thread: >>55027512
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/gencon50exclamation-mark-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
How accurate is this?
>5th editions cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
First for changeling supremacy
>>
You can tell by the OP this thread is gonna be nothing but shitflinging.
>>
>>55033074
First for Changeling Supremacy
>>
>>55033090
Welcome to 4chan
>>
Mages are the most powerful supernatural and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>55033090
>being one of the splats not even on the list
yuck
>>
Also crossover game where all the players are different splats in a mage's harem, best idea or bestest idea?
>>
>>55033158
Reminds me I need to work on my dumb dating sim scripts.
>>
>>55033088

>>55033074

What brought on this rise of changeling Supremacy?
>>
>>55033190
>What brought on this rise of changeling Supremacy?

Envy.

Traumatic Brain Injury.
>>
>>55032828
No matter how fast you type, you will never be able to type as fast as someone speak, anon.
That's basic knowledge you know.
>>
I can only imagine how bad the splat dick measuring contests will be here once Contagion Chronicles is released (in 2052).
>>
>>55033190
The Spring Court used their magic to seduce the local consilium. It wasn't that hard since mage women are frigid bitches
>>
>>55033219
Caine is the best anyways
>>
>>55033219
It'll certainly change everything. And I doubt for the better.
>>
>>55033219
I had dim hopes for it when it was crossover chronicle, but now that its supposedly this weird non canon thing I doubt its going to do just about anything.
>>
>>55033232
Thyrsus are total sluts, and have the Life needed to fuck whoever and be fucked by whoever. Can you really call yourself a bro if you won't change yourself into a woman to help your cabalmate get laid?
>>
>>55033234
He was until the archmages realized they could turn him into a loli without any negative drawbacks
>>
File: baba_yaga.jpg (172KB, 1200x811px) Image search: [Google]
baba_yaga.jpg
172KB, 1200x811px
Baba Yaga

Mask: Monster
Dirge: Guru

Clan: Nosferatu
Covenant: Circle Of The Crone

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 5, Wits 7, Resolve 9
Physical Attributes: Strength 6(11), Dexterity 4, Stamina 8(13)
Social Attributes: Presence 6, Manipulation 5, Composure 6

Mental Skills: Academics (History, Folklore) 4, Crafts (Cooking, Potions) 5, Computer 0, Medicine (Traditional Methods) 4, Occult (Cruac, Sanguine Crafting) 6, Politics 0, Investigation (Riddles) 4, Science 2

Physical Skills: Athletics (Flight) 4, Brawl (Claws And Fangs) 5, Drive 0, Firearms 0, Larceny (Sleight Of Hand) 3, Stealth (Darkness) 5, Survival (Forests And Woodlands) 6, Weaponry (Dagger) 4

Social Skills: Animal Ken 4, Empathy (Wickedness) 3, Expression (Evil Laugh) 3, Intimidation (Terrible Punishments) 6, Persuasion (Bargaining) 4, Socialize 0, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge (Hide Motivations) 6

Merits: Area Of Expertise 1 (Wickedness), Common Sense 3, Eye For The Strange 2, Indomitable 2 (Advanced 3, Epic 4), Interdisciplinary Specialty 1 (Wickedness), Professional Training 5 (Witch: Medicine, Crafts, Occult), Trained Observer 3, Double Jointed 2, Greyhound 1, Iron Stamina 3, Seizing The Edge 2, Sleight Of Hand 2, Air Of Menace 2, Closed Book 5, Iron Will 2, Resources 3, Retainer (Day, Dawn And Night 5, Ghoul Animals 4), Status (Circle Of The Crone 5), Striking Looks (Frightening) 2, Table Turner 1, Killer Instinct 3 (Advanced 3), Acute Senses 1,Altar 3, Atrocious 1, Bloodhound 2, Claws Of The Unholy 1, Feeding Grounds (Iron Forest 5), Haven (Chicken Legged Hut 5), Riding The Wave 5, Swarm Form 2, Unsettling Gaze 1

Health: 18
Willpower: 10
Defense: 11
Initiative: 10
Speed: 20 (80 With Celerity)
Humanity: 3
Blood Potency: 9

Disciplines: Animalism 5, Auspex 5, Celerity 3, Nightmare 5, Obfuscate 5, Protean 5, Resilience 5, Vigor 5

Devotions: ST Fiat

Blood Sorcery: Cruac 5 (ST Fiat)

Elder Transmutations: ST Fiat
>>
>>55033218

No one wants to listen to your unfiltered stream of conscience thoughts transcribed with a bad Euro accent.

Are you a professional voice actor? No? Then you're not as funny or clever or talented as you think you are. Text provides a much better sense of immersion. It's one if the major reasons why people keep saying books are better than film or TV adaptions. They're allowed to figure out a voice in their head for that character rather than listening to someone else's voice try to be an interpretation of it.
>>
>>55033264
Caine is already a loli anon
>>
>>55033263
>help your cabalmate get laid?

What, he doesn't have Mind, Prime, Fate or Life?

>If you use magic, it's not "rape rape."
>>
>>55033293
Baba Yaga should never have been a Vampire.

Fuck, Masquerade was terrible with its characters.
>>
>Archmages=oWoD/cWoD
>Archmasters=CofD/nWoD
You faggots better not get this wrong again
>>
>>55033074
Are you implying a bunch of traumatized crippled survivors of supernatural kidnapping are better than a bunch of supernatural-lottery-winning megalomaniac sociopaths?

Nonsense. Changelings are just victims.
>>
>>55033323
Nobody gives a fuck
>>
>>55033313
It was sort of YHWH's thing.
>>
>>55033322
She works as a Vampire in Requiem because the Circle Of The Crone is a thing.
>>
File: 1503511726656.gif (2MB, 200x141px) Image search: [Google]
1503511726656.gif
2MB, 200x141px
>>55033293
All that shit and still can't save himself from becoming a lawnchair by a bored mage adept
>>
>>55033357
Makes more sense for Requiem, I will admit. Not that crones are Vampire exclusive.
>>
>>55033294
>Are you a professional voice actor? No? Then you're not as funny or clever or talented as you think you are.
anon, would like to show me the part of my post where I say or even implied any of that? I just said that I wanted to master less popular/know lines, and that I don't know what to do because every option is bad. Calm down.
>>
>>55033323
>being so eager to be a know it all you say things that are fucking wrong
>>
>>55033385
No I am not wrong fuckwad
>>
>>55033360
I dare you fucking try, magefag, your mage adept against that anon's Baba Yaga. Let's see who will win.
>>
>>55033401
Archmages are called Archmages in Awakening 2e.
>>
>>55033421
Cringed so hard my neck cricked.
>>
>>55033360
It'd be actually extremely hard for an Adept to try that. She has a Stamina of 13. Assuming a lawnchair spell starts with a Potency of 4, the stupid Mage would need to apply a -18 dice penalty to overcome her epic Withstand. And if the ST wants, she can have a Devotion, Cruac Ritual or Elder Transmutation that ignores the whole "bypass Withstand with Exceptional Success" bullshit, even if a Praxis is used.

Sorry, but it's true.
>>
File: 1450752525989.png (795KB, 842x473px) Image search: [Google]
1450752525989.png
795KB, 842x473px
How does it feel Changeling faggots, to know that Mage got to Merlin first and made him into an Archmage?

>yfw merlin will never be a wizened
>>
>>55033445
No balls
>>
Why is it always assumed that mages will turn other splats into furniture or worse.

Can't mages and other supes just be friends?
>>
File: imp miseries.jpg (96KB, 695x323px) Image search: [Google]
imp miseries.jpg
96KB, 695x323px
>>55033401
>>
>>55033481

Look at this little faggot wanting character development and positive nonviolent conflict resolution!
>>
First frenzy in my W:tA game. Our Shadow Lord Theurge was talking shit to the rest of the pack when we were planning our next move, Ahroun frenzied and one-shot him with a single claw attack for 11 levels of aggravated damage. Theurge soaked 3, tried to roll Rage to heal up but didn't get any successes. Dead.

Lost our Theurge and kinda our Ahroun as well, as he is on the run. Will be interesting to see how we can put it back together.
>>
>>55033481
Sure.
Until you realise you can earn some Arcane beats by tearing them apart and finding out what makes them tick.
>>
>>55033481
Are you friends with ants anon?
>>
>>55033467
Say what you will, fairies made more sense than fucking wizards for dark eras brittain
>>
>>55033556
Nobody cares about oWod here anon least of all furry the apocalypse
>>
>>55033556

I can tell your group is inexperienced because you would know better to shit talk at your own pack especially the Ahroun. Or at least don't be in the same room as them when you do it.

Sounds like the dumb kind of Shadow Lord player as well. A good one knows how to hide their barbs.
>>
>>55033563
Camelot is going to be a mix of Mage and Changeling, according to Dave.

I can picture it easily, really.
>Merlin - Archmage
>The Lady of the Lake - True Fae
>Morgana le Fay - Mage or Changeling
>>
Best/worst ban/bane you've ever seen?

In my Hunter game, we ran into a fae creature of some kind who couldn't harm anyone who spoke in rhyme. One failed rhyme and the ban was off though. And if they stayed silent for much longer than 15 seconds, he could attack them. We discovered this weakness by happenstance off of a joke we made that rhymed.

Imagine if you will, a bunch of Hunters shooting a bigass half toad half goblin looking fuck out in the middle of the woods while speaking entirely in rhyme.

And then chasing the creature through the woods shooting at it when it realized that we weren't running out of rhymes.
>>
>>55033446
>Your Mage tries to cast his spell to disable the Vampire, sadly, the Vampire already sensed your presence and used Celerity to disable you quickly and making you pass out.
>As you wake up, much to your horror, you discover that you don't have any limbs, and your mouth have been sewed shout, you hear the crazy laughter of the loathsome beast echoing through the room and your mind, making you insane
>After a while you start laugh and cry as well, as you watch the witch preparing a cauldron with some weird ingredients inside, the monster is starting to look at your with crescent appetite and you know that soon enough, you'll become the main ingredient of her dish, strangely the though of that feels your heart with joy.
>You are thrown inside the cauldron, while you are boiling alive you only have one thing in your mind: "If only..."
>>
>>55033594
Morgan le fay would be Acanthus
>>
>>55033622
One campaign we had to fight a rank 5 spirit of a gay bar and the only way to harm it is that someone had to suck it's dick for 1min and get pounded in the ass for 30 secs. Fortunately for us we payed the local prostitute 100 bucks and a bag of cocaine to dress up as a man and perform the vile deed for us.
>>
>>55033446
>my fanfiction character can beat up your canon character

So you need to make up bullshit to win against Mages? HILARIOUS
>>
>>55033665
>What is kinetic shield
>What is time stop
>What is create sunlight
Just stop you are embarrassing yourself cringelord
>>
>>55033665

Ugh, delusional Celerityfag is back...
>>
>>55033686
That's a completely legit character/npc anon got in there, it's written according to the rules and its canon as any other piece of a chronicle, especially because we are talking about CofD in here, so everyone can do whatever the fuck it wants.

So deal with it.
>>
>>55033686
I fail to see how that is bullshit. I was just stating facts. Elders are scary, yo.
>>
>>55033727

Don't forget gravity control.

It's fun for mages of all ages.
>>
After that talk about Werewolf gifts in the last thread, I made this reference chart. Makes figuring out who's got what sort of facets faster than thumbing through the full descriptions in the book. Can also see what Gift dice pools a character will want at a glance.

wikisend com/download/560932/wtf_gift_chart.pdf
>>
>>55033727

How friggin' big is that sword?
>>
>>55033748
You're right can't forget about sending vamps to the moon!
>>
>>55033732
It's a fanmade character based on a Masquerade Antediluvian. He's not wrong. It's house-ruling. Nothing wrong with that, in itself.

>>55033741
Especially when one house-rules them.
>>
>>55033622
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time
He who smelt it dealt it
>>
>>55033729
The points is that he tried to lawnchair and got owned, you can just make her just cast Nightmare on him, but having Celerity can just do the job and caugh him of guard.
Don't make it ridicolous anon.

>>55033748
>>55033776
Good like doing that after you failed your transformation spell and after being disabled in 3 different ways
God surely magefags are annoying.
>>
Anon who posted the sheet for Baba Yaga here.

I expected tips on how to make the sheet more fiathful to the folklore or more interesting in general, and I get Mage Supremacy arguments? That's not how you should use Baba Yaga. She is a trickster, not a face-to-face fighter.

I ain't even mad, just slightly disappointed.
>>
File: xTybUH9.png (435KB, 687x929px) Image search: [Google]
xTybUH9.png
435KB, 687x929px
>>55033757
Bless your heart anon. Elodoths are still shit. Cahalith master race
>>
>>55033789
Did I say Antediluvian? I meant Methuselah. Pretty damn close though, Thaumaturgy 9 and all.
>>
>>55033802
They're now trying to argue that she's a legit character. Funny little vampfags. It's like trying to canonize Genius.
>>
>>55033789
First Baba Yaga isn't an Antediluvian in Masquerade, but a 4ourth gen, so she's even weaker than one.
Second, with her being a character inspired by another one in masquerade doesn't make it any less "canon", as long as it follows the creation rules it's just a vampire elder with a particular name and theme, it's not less "houseruling" as one player creating a character, really.
>>
>>55033293
>ST fiat

Her sheet doesn't deem her worthy of that.
>>
>>55033822
???

Those two things are nothing alike.
>>
>>55033831
Yo, if you can't handle critiques, why are you even here?
>>
>>55033795
>Good like doing that after you failed your transformation spell and after being disabled in 3 different ways
Well if time is stopped I don't see how Celerity would do anything to you.
>>
>>55033837
Why not? He didn't say "You Lose" a la Caine, he just said "pick whatever options you want".
>>
>>55033840
He means both Genius and your 'ST fiat' character are practically fanfiction.

The latter being a bit ridiculous in application.
>>
>>55033804
>Cahalith

>A cross between a poodle and Justin Beiber

>Real scary...
>>
>>55033793
Some actual ones we used: Hark! It appears I've hit my mark!
Upon this loamy road we've stumbled upon an ugly toad!
Bye and bye, we should aim high!
I don't have a rhyme, but fortunately this freak is out of time!

It was stupid as shit, but the whole cell was laughing all the way back to the car.
>>
>>55033863
>pick whatever options you want

Still a bit much. Would be more interesting to giver her a new unique Devotion. Something actually based around her legend, for instance.
>>
Don't Prometheans get bonuses against mages? Or have mages explicitly been given tools to cuck and bitch Prometheans, too?
nWoD used to act like Prometheans were the natural counter to mages.
>>
>>55033757
>Was expecting meme
>Got content
Nice
>>
>>55033885
Her witchcraft is well represented by Cruac in general, I'd say. Everything else is a bonus.
>>
>creating a powerful npc that's not a mage
>NOT CANON!!!!
>yeah because PC are canon
>yeah because CofD strenght wasn't all about the flexible thematics and character you could create instead of sticking to one metaplot

I don't even...
>>55033854
What are you even talking about?
>>55033862
Yeah because a mage can cast another spell in a split second after failing another one, while the scary elder vampire just stands there and watch instead of using Nightmare/Celerity/Blood Sorcery/anything really

magefags these days...
>>
>>55033481
>Can't mages and other supes just be friends?

>crazy talk

At best, other splats are lab specimens, at worst, unpredictable nuisances that should be eradicated on sight.
>>
File: 1546747683745.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1546747683745.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>vampire homebrewer makes intentionally op char
>can't handle criticism
>>
>>55033893
The only thing I can think of that would make sense is a bonus against mind control when in Torment, like the Death Rage of Werewolves.
>>
>>55033910
That's not really much of an excuse.
>>
File: chinatown.jpg (103KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
chinatown.jpg
103KB, 500x271px
>>55033911
Forget it Anon, it's /wodg/
>>
>>55033928
>implying they are even the same person
>dumb frogposter being dumb as usual
>>
>>55033875
Cahalith are literally the second best auspice for combat not to mention they have team buffing capability. Also three words END OF STORY nuff said.
>>
>>55033293
You're giving a non-6+ entity Storytelling Fiat? What are you a fucking nard?
>>
>>55033928

> Magefags whining about things being OP

The irony is palpable.
>>
>>55033911
Are you new here? Mages have better initiative than Vampires, generally speaking.
>>
>>55033958
She has Blood Potency 9, I guess she isn't weak either.
>>
File: This robot.jpg (14KB, 196x225px) Image search: [Google]
This robot.jpg
14KB, 196x225px
Can a Mage beat a Genius?
>>
>>55033951
>Cahalith are literally the second best auspice for combat

Did all the Irraka suddenly go on an extended vacation in the deep Shadow?
>>
>>55033966
>whining about actual OP chars
>whining about homebrewed OP chars

pick one
>>
>>55033972
Only if they can use Augment Mind and spend all the Potency on Composure.
>>
>>55033983
>Irraka are so shit they have to pretend to be cats.
Plus Cahalith has END OF STORY the single best level 5 moon gift bar non.
>>
>>55033911
>Yeah because a mage can cast another spell in a split second after failing another one, while the scary elder vampire just stands there and watch instead of using Nightmare/Celerity/Blood Sorcery/anything really
No you don't understand, you stop time first before doing anything aggressive. When the spell fails time is still stopped and you either head back to your secret lair or cast another spell.
>>
>>55033982
They'd be friends. Both are based on RL academics to a fair degree, so they get together to investigate and experiment on stuff.
>>
>>55034000
Or use Time.
>>
>>55033972
just build an Adept Mage that could take on her randomly and see.
Also, again, it casted a fucking spell that failed, it's not even his turn, even if he had to act first against a powerful elder vampire with 9 BP, how many spell do you cast in one turn? 42?
>>
>>55033975
Power stats aren't indicators of god-tier beings, Anon.

>>55034000
There's also Mage Armor, Acceleration(which is essentially a superior Celerity), Time Mage Sight, Time Arcanum, Forces Arcanum, Space Arcanum, Fate Arcanum.

Contingencies will always trump speed. But again, no Mage is always going to be prepped. Not that Mage Armor needs to be prepped.
>>
Did anyone else ever notice how exploitable the Uncrowned Kings legacy was with rote-use, in 1e?

Seriously, that skill/mind attribute stacking.
>>
File: Rick_2.png (187KB, 289x369px) Image search: [Google]
Rick_2.png
187KB, 289x369px
>>55033982
Depends but genius usually has an advantage. Genius wonders easily can go up to archmage level. Only reason why magefags hate genius
>>
>>55034047
And now in 2e, you can easily do that without a Legacy.
>>
>>55034054
>Only reason why magefags hate genius

We don't hate it. We just don't care. Because fansplats don't actually exist.
>>
>>55033804
Cahalith is your Auspice if you're big on getting into trouble and will let the rest of the pack get you out. I like that they can Care Bear Stare people into Lunacy. If you're a Hunter in Darkness, Black Earth Red Hunger combines nicely with Lure to create a territorial kill zone. If you're a Bone Shadow, you can steal some Ithaeur spirit talker time by doing that shit with ghosts and Insight. And if you're a Storm Lord, I think it's worth getting Elements so you can mix a storm with an earthquake.

I endorse the dream hunt.
>>
>>55034054
That would be relevant if Genius actually belonged in this general.
>>
Didn't Dave at one point mention that a Gnosis 10 Master would decimate a BP 10 Elder?
>>
>>55034101
Have you *seen* Ezekiel of Sodom?
>>
>>55034101
Sure, but how many such Mages actually exist, other than for the sake of pointless "white room" dick measuring contests?
>>
>>55034021
that's a weird definition of bored
also:
>make her float
she would be in her hut, but even if she wasn't, she can fly.
>>
>>55034101
Yes.
Mages are more powerful than Vampires.
This is a fucking objective truth.
Please can we stop discussing this horseshit.
>>
>>55034054
With Matter, you can take away all of his shiny toys. Or Life, if he's into Beksinski.
>>
>>55033982
See what I mean>>55034054
>>55034082
>>
File: 1502407319852.jpg (365KB, 1920x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1502407319852.jpg
365KB, 1920x1084px
Okay CofD general, in about a week I'm going to GM my first game of Mage2e and I need advice. I've read the book cover to cover and I think I got the setting and lore down well enough to recall/edit what I need, but some of the rules seem pretty dense.

I'll pick it all up on my own eventually, but what I wanna know is what do you wish you knew when you first started? Any tips or things to watch out for? General advice is appreciated.
>>
Wow, one little character sheet and everybody has their panties completely twisted. It's a cool homebrew and pretty close to the original material, I don't get the arguments.
>>
>>55034126
Thousand Years of Night, yes I have seen the Sodomite. I'd still bet on a Gnosis 5 Master.
>>
>>55034135
No since any Genius worth his salt designs his wonders with anti-magic energy grid matrices
>>
>>55033928
His powers could stat others

But not himself
>>
>>55034131
Sure, but how many such Vampires actually exist, other than for the sake of pointless "white room" dick measuring contests?
>>
>>55034101
We are talking about a fucking bored adept
It's actually hilarious how mages always go up to the same tactic "Oh yes, a fresh awakened mage can defintely kill that elder vampire"
"No he actually don't"
"Oh but a Master can stomp an elder vampire"
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME
>>
>>55034101

>B-b-but D-D-Dave said!!
>>
>>55034133
Even Changelings are (arguably) stronger than Vampires in nWoD. It's a surprisingly weak splat for what it purports to be.
>>
>>55034160
Honestly, I'm not sure. His humanity is enough that even a solid dose of sunlight wouldn't slow him down, and there's a good chance he could just power through most spells. He's really that nasty. If they ever reintroduce VII he'll probably have Ahranite sorcery, god help New Orleans.
>>
>>55033556
Don't listen to the other faggots in this thread, we discuss and talk about owod, when magefags are asleep and are not infesting the thread.
Are you the same ST that was asking for advice some threads ago to run his first chronicle in Canada?
>>
>>55034204
No, I mean, it's ludicrously easy for a Master to garner Exceptional Successes. Ezekiel just won't be able to do anything.

It's one of the biggest complaints concerning Awakening. You don't challenge a Master and hope to win.
>>
>>55034194
The main advantage of the leeches is that they can reproduce. VtR nerfed that aspect somewhat, but its still 1 XP to make a new bloodsucker.
>>
>>55034101
Well, wouldn't they? An Exception Success on a Death Unmaking spell and it's game over.
>>
>>55033556
>Shit ton of aggravated damage for no fucking reason
Why is apocalypse mechanics so fucking garbage?
>>
>>55034141
What are your first session plans? Are you going to do a creation session?
>>
>>55034223
The lowest contest of wills dicepool is going to be 16. I think he'll be okay.
>>
>>55034233
Yeah and mummy can lvl 3 utterance your ass out of existence as well
>>
>>55034267
This isn't a matter of wills. It's going to be a matter of Withstand.
>>
>>55034071
>Because fansplats don't actually exist

Neither do werewolves, wizards, faeries, or vampires.
>>
>>55034251
You can actually absorb/heal most of them with ease, (natural healing, gaia touch, rage resurrection, ect) it's just the most combat oriented splat, on par with hunter, except werewolves fight really dangerous and nasty beings
>>
File: White Room Mage King.png (38KB, 1614x168px) Image search: [Google]
White Room Mage King.png
38KB, 1614x168px
>>55034101
Yes. Yes he did. You don't even need 10 Gnosis. You only need 5-6.
>>
>>55034280
Then it's going to be 6-8, which is going to require that master to use Yantras, which delay, blah blah blah. It isn't some instant kill, and your mage is still staring down the barrel of something incredibly unpleasant.
>>
>>55033375
>>55033357
>>55033322
>>55033293
Baba Yaga should be a high wyrd changeling.
>>
>>55034280
Actually, if an ability allows you to have a Clash Of Wills against any supernatural power with a specific effect, that includes Awakened magic. So it would be a contested action instead of decreasing Potency through Withstand.
>>
>>55034301
>Yantras, which delay
Why? When he only uses a single +6 Mudra? No delay, whatsoever.

I don't like talking white-room, but this really isn't going to end in the favor of Ezekiel. It's just not.
>>
>>55034279
How is that?
>>
>>55034317
Hmmm? I think you're missing a vital point here.
>>
>>55034313
Or a Centimanus.
>>
>>55034318
Okay, I disagree and you're yet to provide me with something that changes my mind. I'm glad we had this conversation, and I'm sure we'll enjoy having it in thousands of threads to come.
>>
File: World of Darkness General.jpg (2MB, 1525x1680px) Image search: [Google]
World of Darkness General.jpg
2MB, 1525x1680px
Glad to see this still hasn't changed
Second most autistic board on /tg/. If you guys work hard you'll beat cyoagen in no time flat.
>>
>>55034225
Changelings can have kids as of 2e, though IDK if they're touched by Arcadia or not.
>>
>>55034345
>LAH LAH LAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU LAH LAH LAH

Vampfags everybody
>>
>>55034253
We've already gotten together and made mages. I've got a Mastigos, Thyrsus, Acanthus, and two Moros, all generally speccing in their major arcanum. They've done a pretty good job of covering their bases, and they don't seem too weak in anything besides firearms.

So far for plans I wanted to do some kind of mystery/investigation. Across the past ~25 years, inmates at a local penitentiary scrawled diagrams of impossible machines in their own blood, while babbling in Atlantean. Meanwhile, ghosts reconfigured medical waste into dripping bodies of pus and fat. They steal tools and body parts in 33-day cycles. A cargo of steel went missing when the train came through town; the cop working the station shot three people, then herself. These are mostly just random ideas but I'm building an investigation that'll probably end up with them finding out their Hierarch has been up to some nasty shit, but other than that it's all nebulous.
>>
>>55034363
What are their Orders?
>>
>>55034345
see>>55034296
>>
>>55034251
They are not garbage, anon. You're just an immature child.

W:tA was all about the equivalent of animist Space Marines getting into close quarters combat with angry spirits, cthonic entities and Shadow of Innsmouth type shit. Creatures capable of cutting apart the very embodiments of pain and anguish because they'd become corrupted entities of the natural order.

Vampires biggest enemies are other vampires and running into werewolves, or pissing off a mage. But they have to go looking for those.

If were-things aren't running around, entire civilizations are being devoured from within by corruption itself.
>>
>>55034325
Forgetting the name which is actually 2 dot
>>
>>55034345
You Vampfaggots remind me of Christians. You literally cannot conceive of proof even when it's slowly creeping up inside your rectum.
>>
>>55034378
The Mastigos & 1 Moros is a GotV, Thyrsus is Silver Ladder, Acanthus is Mysterium, and the other Moros is Free Council
>>
And yet the magefags wins by derailing the main discussion in their favour
it's in time like these that I would really listen to those anons that want to split the general and make the mages just talk about mage shit in their own general.
>>
>>55034363
>Mystery/Investigation in mage

Don't. It literally just turns into magic, followed by infodumps.

Mages collect information at no risk or effort, so it's like a story about a guy doing google searches.
>>
File: euphoric.jpg (18KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
euphoric.jpg
18KB, 353x334px
>>55034401
>>
>>55034425
This so much. Frankly we should just dissolve the general entirely. Want to talk about wizards? Make a damn wizard thread. Want to talk about vampires? Make a vampire thread.
>>
>>55034429
You can have a good mage investigation if it's built around what mages can do. There's a solid whodunit in Soul Cage.
>>
>>55034429
What would you suggest then? Combat/Adventure seems equally defunct with the binary of either cross-continent magic sniping or getting surprised and blendered, no?
>>
File: Doctor-Strange-Marvel-Comics-h.jpg (53KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor-Strange-Marvel-Comics-h.jpg
53KB, 500x627px
>>55034425
If you can't beat us join us. There is more than enough Magick for everyone!
>>
File: boo hoo.gif (207KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
boo hoo.gif
207KB, 450x320px
>some faggot thinks an elder can stand against an ES unmaking spell

When ignorance kills a thread
>>
>>55034429
This is actually unfortunately kind of true.

Blame it on the high tier nature of Mage, but most of their information collection can be done from home if they are creative enough.

Scry this, connection to that, scry this, cast on that, don't understand this, investigate mystery, figure out mystery, scry this, cast on that.

That 'investigate mystery' part takes the least amount of time, mind you. Because it is measured in turns, while these others will be measured in hours since they are ritual casting of spells.
>>
>>55034429
Yeah, because every roll is going to succeed.
Yeah, because nobody is going to stop them gathering infos, with their magic or other kind of powers
learn how to ST
>>
>>55034450
Won't work. There will always be some loser who makes another thread.
>>
>>55034458
You need good sympathetic connections to do that fancy op shit
>>
>>55034221

Different person from that Anon, me actually. I've gone ahead and started just making my own Sept but it's a lot more work than I thought it would be as I was leaning towards a larger one. A lot of NPCs to build and micromanage
>>
>>55034458
Mages adventure so they can lay their eyes on weird shit what nobody ain't got sympathy with yet. Then they do the new scrutinize mystery rules and squeeze a clue out of it. Then they either destroy it (Guardians), drag it back to a lock box (default option), or set it freeee (pussy caring gays with Wisdom obsession or something).
>>
>>55034450
Just make a thread for mages and a general for everything else, I can see people actually discussing on game lines when there aren't any mages involved.
>>
>>55034296
What the fuck is this bullshit.
>>
>>55034485
Why don't we just stop posting in here then? The thread's already been dying since the magefags started. We're at 27 posters at 168 posts. It's obviously just a small circle of magefags and shitposters with the occasional people trying to talk about actual stuff.

We really gotta just put this thread out to pasture.
>>
>>55034141
Read mage sight again. All of them.

The most likely future isn't always going to be the one that happens. Know this, let them know this. Sometimes the guy with the 27 dice pool rolls a 0(speaking from personal experience). This doesn't happen often, but it happens.

Learn how to write a mage prophecy if you have anyone with dots in time. Events tend to be more flexible and interesting then timestamps. Pick and choose what your specific about.

"The Assassin shoots when The Panic on the Disco song plays" is more interesting and flexible for you then "The assassin shoots shortly after you enter the room" Especially if someone has a Music player.

PS the future isn't nice. Turns out most people die in the end. Don't be afraid to doom your players, don't worry they will get out of it. Or die trying.

Always ask what people are casting on. Finding your personal future is easy. Finding the future of someone you can't sense who you have no connection to is hard. Casting on something big without taking the penalties is a no no. You got to cast on something in the present.

Read the web weaver spell(pg 177) show it to anyone who wants any dots in space. 'replaceable belongings' as a rule of thumb, should be something they give a fuck about. A dropped match is not a replaceable belonging. Nor a cigarette butt. A gym bag is, a lighter is, their wallet is. Gum on their shoe isn't. If they can't put a tenth of a second of thought to it then they probably don't have much of a connection to it.

If a scene can be solved with a single spell, skip it or rewrite it. Don't be afraid to let multiple things hit at once or in quick succession. Let the paradox grow.

Keep track of their maintained spells. Mark up the paradox.

Have fun but don't be a push over, its more fun that way.
>>
>>55034503
Dave injecting the 'magesmustalwayswin' serum into the bloodstream of OPP.
>>
>>55034497
We'd need mod enforcement to make that work is the problem. And I don't think /tg/'s mods care enough about a single general that isn't breaking any rules.
>>
Can exceptional successes actually bypass all resistence or is this just something you came up with? I don't see any of it in the 2e book.
>>
>>55034520
I will try to make a mage thread late this day and see.
>>
>>55034519
Dave is cancer
>>
>>55034535
We tried that twice. It didn't work, you horrendous asslord. It only made things worse.
>>
>>55034458
>cross-continent magic sniping
What is Sympathy? What are Withstand ratings?

>getting surprised and blendered, no?
What is Mage Armor? What is not wiping your players in a random, unsurvivable ambush?
>>
>>55034535
Don't think it'd work, they'd just stay in this thread and shitpost harder. Unless we had mods backing a "mage has a containment thread" rule the mage thread would just fall off the catalogue and they'd stay in here.
>>
a mage campain cannot be about:
>misteries, because they can be solved in 2 minutes by casting
>combat, because they would unmake anything
>exploring stuff, you just gather magical info and then leave
You can have a campain about mages reading books and learning magic alone in their basement for entire sessions and nothing more.

This sounds like a really playable game by any means by this general standards

And people complained about Wraith being unplayable.
>>
>>55034531
>resistences
It's called Withstand.

And yes, page 328.
>>
I'm starting to think that the people who complain about Mage are equally as autistic as the Magefags themselves.

>>55034593
Point being proven
>>
>>55034551
>What is Sympathy? What are Withstand ratings?
Fair, it's simply that it's both possible and not intensely difficult to achieve that spooks me.

>>55034510
Thx! How do you personally describe the effects of paradox? I've got a general idea but you seem pretty knowledgeable.
>>
>>55034577
This implies that mages would just stay here to shitpost and don't contribute to the thread, a reportable thing, also I want to believe that magefags are better than this and they actually want to discuss about their things and not only stay in this fucking thread telling how their splat can be the best at everything.
>>
>>55034625
You forgot the possibility that a lot of the magefags aren't mage fans at all, and are just baiting this thread because they have nothing better to do.
>>
Any oWoD Vampire devs that frequent these threads?
I have questions for a homebrew I'm working on for vampires, and I desperately need some info on power scaling for disciplines. They're all over the place in terms of what they can do and while I know that's often just legacy powers, I can't help but wonder if they had some sort of guide on how the powers are abstracted.

Like for instance, when they'd decide for dice pools minimum success value to be something that affects a person for a number of turns, rather than say, a week.
>>
>>55034593
Casting spells and learning things and acting on what you learn is gameplay, the same as if you learned things by mundanely searching rooms instead. Mages mundanely search rooms from time to time too, but usually it's spells.

It's not that mystery is impossible with mages, it's that what mages want to find out should be a layer deeper. For example, in a murder mystery, the normal objective is to identify and capture or kill the killer. Mages instead might want to identify and capture the killer, then study the entity possessing him and exorcise it. Or they might want to scrutinize the killer's soul and discover the nature of his Legacy. Or they might want to invade the killer's memories to see the sight that drove him mad.
>>
>>55034221
Nope, I'm a player in this game. We've just hit Fostern, eleven sessions in.

>>55034251
>no fucking reason
An eight hundred pound living war machine that can lift two thousand pounds hitting you with claws the size of swords is not exactly "no fucking reason".

>>55034383
Yeah, our pack has put down a pack of ancillae vampires as cliaths when we visited the city. We also fought against a thunderwyrm, a bloated thirty feet long, eight feet wide monstrosity that can break concrete just by rippling its skin.

However, the game so far is a lot more about the social interaction with the Garou nation and the pack, trying to negotiate some sort of a peace between different septs because the Apocalypse is kicking in full force.
>>
Is it wrong that I only come here to laugh?
>>
>>55034625
I can't believe that, having seen these threads over the last week. Look at the discussion, there's 5 powerwank arguments to every 1 actual story/campaign/helpful lore posts.

If they could contribute positively and discuss things consistently, there wouldn't be any need to split the threads.

>>55034637
Given how few people are even in these threads anymore, regardless of who's doing it it's evident that it's killing the general. We used to get like 80-100 anons a thread, now we're lucky to break 50. And if it were just shitposting baiters, they'd have moved on once it got stale.
>>
>>55034695
You realize that non-Magefags contribute easily just as much to the shitfests, right?
>>
>>55034695
>Given how few people are even in these threads anymore, regardless of who's doing it it's evident that it's killing the general. We used to get like 80-100 anons a thread, now we're lucky to break 50. And if it were just shitposting baiters, they'd have moved on once it got stale.

Sure, but lack of actual content isn't helping.
>>
>>55034724
Think of all the generals that keep going on less new released content.

This thread barely even takes a look at new content if it isn't for that person's specific gameline.

This system has so many game lines, there is always something put out fairly recently.
>>
>>55034720
Looking at the poster count, the only non-magefags that are left are probably bitter magefagging killed the general, I certainly am.

Hence why I want to just kill the general.

>>55034724
I tried last thread and this one to provide other stuff to talk about. But nothing seems to be sticking.
>>
>>55034764
Stop complaining. This is what the Mage assholes want. Do you think they care about what happens to this place?
>>
>>55034724
Are you feeling justified to shitpost and kill any actual discussion before it can even start because your gameline didn't get content recently?
There are people here that plays side-side oWoD games that didn't see any actual content in more than 10 years and it will require anotehr 10 to actually get a 20th edition.
That's not an excuse.

Also, when Changeling 20th or Thousand Years of Night came out, nobody really talked about it, it was more about "oh look this cool power in here" "an archmaster can do this, but better" "lel they are speaking about sex, stop being a SJW, OPP"
>>
>>55034774
Well I can't exactly fix the problem with positivity, storytime, or fun questions if there's nobody in the threads to respond to it.

Alright then, if this is what the mage assholes want anon, let's you and me do the opposite. Got any good stories from your games?
>>
>they're complaining about magefags
>they want them gone, possibly sent to a containment board

>they don't realize that without the magefags, even worse anons show up
>>
>>55034813
I keep hearing this line from magefags, but never am I provided with evidence of these somehow worse anons. Please give examples.
>>
>>55034813
Let's list all the things Magefags keep at bay

/pol/retards
tumblrites
/x/fags
history Nazis
fansplat annoyances
larpers(not that magefags don't larp in these threads)

I might have missed a few
>>
>>55034837
the main question would be "what are the magefags doing to keep these mythical beasts at bay?"
>>
>>55034809
I'm here, faggot. Let's fucking participate. Complaining about or arguing with mage supremacists is no healthier for the thread than they are themselves.
>>
>>55033074
WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS THREAD
>>
>>55034860
shall we put a "just ignore the magefags bait, you are better than this" message to the general?
>>
You asswipes are just going to make things so much worse

Thanks a bunch
>>
>>55034865
For i must, as the scorpion stings the frog.
>>
>>55034860
And to walk the walk, let me ask you guys, what's the most essential information for a WtF 2e quick reference? I've been trying to put together a fan screen and a few charts, here's what I'm thinking so far:

4-page ST screen combining the following: melee weapons eq chart
ranged weapons eq chart
(silver?)
armor eq chart
grappling summary
fire
electrocution
poisons and toxins
explosives chart
lunacy effects
death rage triggers
primal urge table
harmony
renown?
honorary spirit ranks
step sideways modifiers
spirit manifestation hooha?
extended actions directions
feats of strength
sample objects chart
suggested chiminage (now gathra?)
experience costs

spirit manifestation diagram explained better than the book does

gift facet chart (already done prototype)

maybe some quick reference for hastily running antagonists like the pure?
>>
>>55033074
Has anybody here ran the "Princess the Hopeful" fan made mod before ? I'll be running it for some friends in about a month as our new secondary game, and I'm looking for advice from people more experienced. I also have no experience with WoD in general, so general advice on running the system would be nice as well.
>>
>>55034876
The only thing that can be an alternative to noise is signal. Saying "noise is bad" is just competing noise.

What sort of PBP/forum games are out there for CofD, does anybody know?
>>
>>55034865
chronicles of fagness is a mage faggot
>>
>>55034842
Anon, we ARE the tumblrites. Where do you think you are?
>>
>>55034925
How dare you accuse me of being a tumblrite
>>
>>55034936
Go and blog about it.
On your tumblr.
>>
>>55034925
Speak for yourself, I'm /pol/.
>>
So what sort of population metric do you use to determine supernaturals in your games when building a 'city' from scratch?

(And, how common are Geists? Seriously, I've got no idea.)
>>
>>55034842
Let's break these down
> /pol/tards
Nobody needs mageposters to keep these away, normal thread denizens can do this
> Tumblrites
Same as above
> /x/fags
As if they don't get laughed out of almost every thread on every board of 4chan
> History nazis
Do what every other thread on /tg/ does and say "it's just a game, fag."
> fansplat annoyances
Literally more interesting than half the real splats. Let us not forget how oWoD was pretty much made great via fan ideas during its heyday
> Larpers
Again, magefags aren't needed to laugh at these guys. If anything, having them to laugh at sounds like fun.

Go on, mention more if you want.
>>
>>55034842
>fansplat

I don't know, I really liked some of those. Okay, three. Whatever.
>>
>>55034903
I don't know enough about werewolf but thank you anon for walking the walk.

Tbh my ST notes are cluttered as all hell and I do an unhealthy amount of improv. Players don't seem to mind though.
>>
>>55034507
Fuck you butt hurt Changeling fag. Just because there is changeling propaganda on the op does make you awesome or any less ptsd the game
>>
Who won the argument? I didn't care to stay for that.
>>
File: 907.jpg (16KB, 177x219px) Image search: [Google]
907.jpg
16KB, 177x219px
>>55035007
>won the argument
What? Are you sure you're in the right thread?
>>
>>55034545
Dave has Cancer which is why the new books are late
>>
>>55035013
The Adept vs Elder discussion, Anon. That one.
>>
>>55034593
>You can have a campain about mages reading books and learning magic alone in their basement for entire sessions and nothing more.
I'm getting triggered, this way too meta. Please stop posting that garbage
>>
>>55035015
No, he's just been battling a powerful Master of Fate over the course of a year.

He's now back in action.
>>
>>55035023
Yeah, same thing. People don't 'win' arguments in wod general.
>>
>>55035006
I'm not a changeling player though.
>>
>>55034967
I don't know how common Geists are either. I think more than Prometheans and Mummies but less than everything else.

Most splats have a rule of thumb about frequency per human population. I grab a list of places off Wikipedia, large metropolitan areas if possible (CSA in the US), dump them into a spreadsheet, add a column which divides the human population to get the splat population, and consider how many I want.

Of course you can deviate from these numbers. One city can be packed with vampires and in constant crisis over territory and the Masquerade, and another can be large as far as humans are concerned but just have two vampires and room for a surge of Embraces.

Then there are special factors, like an area of magical interest or political importance for mage, or former imperial capitals for mummy tomb complexes, or special features of the spirit world for werewolves.

Changelings are very low-profile, and trod exits aren't distributed according to population, so their ratio is very flexible. You can have a single motley lost in the big city, or a small town that's half changelings.
>>
>>55034605
>Wow thus anti SJW are just as annoying as those SJW am I right?
No you're just a fag
>>
>>55035054
Yeah, that's actually what I've got running. I'm mostly just hunting for more accurate things to dump into my spreadsheet, but hey, anything that gets the thread running is great.
>>
>>55035023
An Adept *might* win against the canon Ezekiel and the homebrewed Baba Yaga.

A Master definitely would.
>>
>>55035023
magefags derailed the discussion to "10 Gnosis Master vs powerful elder from 1 thousand years of night" because reasons and because magefags got ahead of themselves and wanted to change subject instead of admitting that it was a dumb thing to say, they do that all the time.
>>
>>55035068
Behold: en wikipedia org/wiki/Combined_statistical_area
>>
>>55035081
Cheers.
>>
>>55034778
>Attempting to Shame 4chan
What are you my fucking English teacher?
>>
>>55035074
Doesn't a higher blood potency beat a lower gnosis though? You become a master at 5 gnosis and these elders are both at 9 blood potency.
>>
>>55035094
stop shitposting, carl
>>
>>55035007
The guy who went to sleep after baiting like a faggot.
>>
>>55035107
Fuck you Fry. Get your fucking dreadlocks out of the fries it's disgusting
>>
>>55035100
No. God no. Jesus Christ this needs to stop.

Masters don't care about your goddamn power stats or how much Withstand you can whip out.
>>
>>55035092
Some more population links you might find useful:
en wikipedia org/wiki/List_of_agglomerations_by_population
en wikipedia org/wiki/Megacity
en wikipedia org/wiki/Conurbation

And this one's a bit different, it's less "a supernatural conspiracy operates over this whole area" and more "we have neighboring conspiracies in this area."
en wikipedia org/wiki/Megalopolis_(city_type)
>>
C'mon guys, we were doing good for a second there.
>>
>>55035169
>Good
haha civility is for cheap fagy vamps at court as they suck each other off
>>
>>55035100
Who cares mummies are cooler than Mages and beat the shit out of vamps
>>
>>55035190
I mean, mummies are meant to beat most people in a fight. Because they start at the top of their chart. That's obvious and easy. They are the worst for white room discussions, because they inherently progress backwards.

No one that talks about how a mummy can beat a vampire is talking about a Sekhem 1 mummy fighting a BP 1 vampire.
>>
>>55035190
>The splat that doesn't have a 2ed
Even OPP knows mummies get shit on by mages. Bunch of amnesia towel heads with shitty bosses
>>
>>55035229
A mummy's worst enemy is mummy character creation. I guess it's thematically appropriate that players go through a hellish nightmare underworld before the game even starts.
>>
>>55035246
Never played, how bad is mummy chargen?
>>
>>55035267
I'm reading it right now, like as I'm sitting in these threads.

They tried to divide the book up in a different way, but it didn't work super well.

They keep referencing further in the book without giving any detail of what stuff is. Like I can understand skipping the details, but telling people to pick X, but then not even pretending to explain what X even is until 40 pages later is just a terrible idea.

Best example is 'Pick a judge', the 'final judge you met in Duat (the underworld)'. Okay, wtf are the judges? What does picking a judge do for me? Oh that is later in the book. Okay let me go there. Okay I'm at the judges, why are they not organized by pillar? What are these powers connected to them? What does any of this mean? Why are there 42 of them!

Like, you have to dig so deep and claw through so much, on top of the game having terrible jargon that is just all over the place.

Honestly, I want to know these rules, but I'm actually tired of reading about it all.
>>
>>55035267
I've bitched about this before, but the tragedy of Mummy is that it could have been a very friendly game for new players because the PCs wake up with near-total amnesia.

Instead the character creation demands a vast amount of system and setting knowledge, many of the power writeups are sprawling wrecks, every game concept has a similar-sounding name in not-English, and you have to choose one of FORTY-TWO "Judges" as a personal patron. All the Judges are written like this:

"Quq-quq Cucka is the Margin of the Cheesepress, a 12-titted blue-green monkey of the dawn, that hates taxicabs. It grants the powers of Inhale Without Smoking, Beast Noogie, Hybrid Theory, Tasteful Inversion, and Turbo BDSM Plus." Imagine reading page after page of those and getting anything coherent out of it.
>>
>>55035310
I'm glad to know that every step of the way, this previous anon that has read Mummy has had the same response as me.
>>
>>55035297
>>55035310
Well... and they say the other splats have poorly designed rulebooks.

Not gonna lie though, some of Quq-quq Cucka's powers seem pretty good. Lets you give beasts noogies and beat vampires at their own game.
>>
>>55035310
Sounds very owod. who wrote this thing?
>>
>>55035366
Creative Director: Rich Thomas
Dev: C.A. Suleiman
Only writer whose name I recognize, Dave Brookshaw
Is Michael Goodman another name I remember? I don't know, sounds familiar.
>>
>>55035410
It's the usual unreconciled mishmash of chapter authors, but the project I think was mostly Suleiman's. A pity he wasn't as passionate about distillation as research. Shit needed to be pipelined into the game more smoothly.

A significant fix would be running it as a solo game initially, establishing nothing about the PC initially, and adding established facts as the game goes along, like HeroQuest 2 can. Like you wake up and your main tomb object has been stolen, and by the time you get it back, you've played enough that the ST can assign you a fitting guild, which will determine relic type.
>>
>>55035426
Which is funny, because the first fiction in the book is almost a perfect example of a mini solo session that could do exactly that.

Mummy wakes up because relic was stolen. They are so full of amnesia juice that they don't even recognize a major member of their cult. But by the time the short is over, they remember the history of their cult a little, and have determination. They also developed an appearance instead of just being a scary corpse man.
>>
>>55035447
Exactly. They knew what the game was supposed to be. Then they failed to make that game.
>>
>>55035470
Maybe when the time comes for Mummy 2e, they'll let this thread write it one word at a time. It'd be an improvement.
>>
>>55035524
Mummy 2e is set to be announced later this year, according to the brochure at gencon.
>>
>>55035540
Some of the best news in that brochure.
'Geist 2e will offer revised and updated rules and an EXPANDED SETTING'
>>
>>55035552
What could they mean by that? More Underworld? Or "let's let David Hill write a Tokyo section AGAIN"?
>>
>>55035572
Whatever it is, it will be better than the first time Geist was written. That time they went 'nothing Geists create lasts all that long, so we will let you guys think up the rest. Good luck!'
>>
>>55035617
The oversight that annoys me most about Geist is small. Grave-Dirt Caul 2 is immunity to being stunned or knocked out.

But as an innate power, Sin-Eaters already can't lose consciousness due to wounds.

As the nWoD corebook will tell you, stunning is caused by taking a big wound from a stunning weapon, and knockout is caused by taking a full health track of bashing wounds or worse.

I know what you're thinking: flashbangs. But they're in the WoD corebook (as concussion grenades) and guess what they do? Bashing damage and knockdown, neither of which Grave-Dirt Caul 2 protects against.

So this is a starting power that literally does nothing, even after they came out with a new version of the corebook. Did anyone actually playtest this game?
>>
>>55035666
Forgot to mention there's also a system for blow-to-the-head knockouts. Same problem with it though, it's wound-based.
>>
I feel like whoever wrote chapter three wasn't on the same page as the others, tone-wise.
>>
>>55035749
This is weird. Descent rolls made after you 'fail' (aka, pass) previous ones lower the target number on dice. I feel like no other system does this. Like, fail twice, and rolling a 6 on your d10s will count as a success. Strange.
>>
>>55034069
Because it no longer caps to sphere rating, I believe?

The trick with Uncrowned Kings was being able to apply twice the sphere rating by applying it once without the legacy and once with the legacy (specified to be possible by the legacy).
>>
File: bftbgMummy.png (28KB, 597x288px) Image search: [Google]
bftbgMummy.png
28KB, 597x288px
Okay, things are getting a little cringe.
>>
>>55033805
Weren't the other Absimillard Methuselahs made into ICBM's by him because he hated his later childer or some shit?
>>
>>55036073
meh that's softball minor edge lord territory at best. Having minons was a thing in dnd. Now if he had that fruit it up in customs that would be funny. COBRA COMMANDER STYLE.

Cringe would be if he had them all sacrifice themselves for his boner.
>>
>>55036073
What's cringe? Blood for the blood god? Sounds like something tribal cultists would say. It's also obviously a bit of humor on the part of the writer.
>>
Would the Anti-Life Equation be a good example of an Abyssal Intruder?

>loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth Ć· mockery Ć· condemnation Ć· misunderstanding Ɨ guilt Ɨ shame Ɨ failure Ɨ judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
>>
>>55034497
No, you can't have your safe space.
>>
>>55036191
Fuck you these threads were fine before the magefags
>>
>>55036191
But >>55036206 is right though. We're strictly talking Mummy right now and it's way better than any mage discussion had in the last 5 months.
>>
>>55036206
>t. Seerfag.
I'm sure that there's a good image of a Darth Vader sand sculpture with a caption for this.
>>
>>55036206
Before, there was only darkness.
Before, there was only ASPEL.
>>
>>55036226
I remember that guy
>>
>>55036226
>>55036239
>ASPEL.
Who?
>>
>>55036243
damnatio memoriae
>>
>>55036258
Quid est?
>>
>>55036269
Let him be forgotten.
>>
File: Aspel.png (267KB, 621x456px) Image search: [Google]
Aspel.png
267KB, 621x456px
Never forget
>>
>>55036156
Hard to say. Not because of the Abyss, but because of Mage's themes. Reign of the Exarchs sells the theory that free will is already up in the air. Are you calling the shots, or is somebody on a higher plane of existence calling them for you and you just THINK you are?

To quote Broken Diamond;
>"She's free" - Mycroft
>"As any of us are." - Kali
>"Writing your name on a Watchtower makes you free." - Mycroft
>"Does it? Really?" - Kali
>He doesn't answer.

Of course for the intents and purposes of the campaign you would like to run you could definitely just ignore that and have an Abyssal big bad that acts as the negative counterpart to free will, with the main conflict revolving around Seers and maybe even some Pentacle Mages wanting to use its powers.
>>
Is there any real downside to making Soul Stones? You lose one potential Gnosis, but you get it back if its destroyed. And it's just one Gnosis. You make four, that's six Gnosis as your cap, which is still enough to reach multiple degrees of Mastery.
>>
>>55036978
And of course you spend a Willpower dot, so maybe not four all at once.
>>
>>55036990
>>55036978
Seems like early on there would be no real downside except the risk of someone stealing it.
>>
>>55036462
>with the main conflict revolving around Seers and maybe even some Pentacle Mages wanting to use its powers.
I always thought in the Evil Vs Oblivion trope the Seers were the Evil to the Oblivion of the Abyss.

I mean, I know that Gate has her own loopy followers. But I'm pretty sure the majority of Seers would want the Equation quarantined as much as the next Pentacle Mage.
>>
>>55037057
>Calling being besotted with Gate-sama "loopy".
Heretic. Infidel.
>>
>>55037085
You're just as deluded as those who throw themselves into the Abyss with open arms.
>>
>>55032637
>You're picking up something that isn't there. Not in that post, at least. Rose has been mocked for being trans, but anon isn't talking about that. It literally remains to be seen how her version will be taken. Hearsay is that she's butchering it.

Personally i like RoseĀ“s version more (pledge rules no withstanding) but also i hated Hills version with a passion.

I like that Seeming is back to being meaningless.

>>55032501
Dude your English seems fine enough. Try some of the English sites for a game.

We are currently stuck in RPG.net looking for a Dm for forsaken, there is plenty of player looking for DMs.
>>
>>55037057
>But I'm pretty sure the majority of Seers would want the Equation quarantined as much as the next Pentacle Mage.
Would they? Seers are all about control. I'm sure at least a few would become Obsessed with the Equation.
>>
>>55037142
I'll DM forsaken for you. I have some rules though.
>No sex scenes
>No lgbtbbq nonsense
>No baby eating/child abuse
>>
>>55037579
>DM a ST game.

This is why this thread cant have nice things..
>>
Should I grab New WoD books or older? I'm new to the system and don't know where to start.
>>
>>55037579

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?807719-Interest-Looking-For-GM-Werewolf-the-Forsaken-New-player-looking-for-first-game&p=21257743
>>
It's weird how, given how CoD is one of the tabletop rpg that promotes roleplay and drama the most,the constant discussion is idiots pitting power-crunched characters against each other and shit-flinging at splats they dislike.
It might be one of the worst generals on the board.
>>
>>55037627
New. Much easier to digest.
>>
>>55037641
Don't leave out the jackasses who like to point out how shit it is like they're the first to make this profound insight.
>>
>>55033074
Changeling ... you mean those schizophrenic freaks?
>>
>>55037643
This
>>55037641
Old WoD is so bloated and filled with useless fluff its ridiculous. The new books are easier to read and more condensed. In werewolf there are 5 tribes in nWoD compared to the 20+ ones in oWod composed of shit like all gay tribes, transvestite tribe, drunken fighting Irish tribe, old time Viking tribe
>>
>>55037746
Oops meant to reply to>>55037627
>>
>>55037659
Clearly it hasn't been pointed out nearly often enough to make a difference.
>>
>>55037852
>Making a difference
>4chan
haha get FUCKED. Memes are life
>>
What does /cofd/ think of passive Willpower immunities at higher scores, like how Lunacy doesn't work against 9-10 willpower mortals in WtF 1e?
>>
what kind of obsession would a housewife Mage have?
>>
>>55038433
Uncovering a time spell that lets her watch her stories without having to do the housework first, while still doing the housework.
>>
>>55038465
>>
how do you defeat powerful Temenos based Goetia without bruteforcing?
>>
>>55033088
Ahhh, that's so cute! They think they're people! Soon fix that...
>>
>>55033123
Which one? Mummies?
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.