[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all honest, what would happen to a sufficiently large empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (38KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
In all honest, what would happen to a sufficiently large empire whose arbitrary and electronic currency suddenly became arbitrarily worthless, such as a big computer crash and there being no sufficient physical records of value?
>>
The people who controlled the pants would control the Universe.
>>
>>55028557
Not much, for internal trade you make new money. For external trade you begin to liquidate assets.
>>
>>55028557
It would depend what the value of that currency was ultimately derived from. Ultimately, one of three things happens:

A. A central authority (government, corporation, bank, group of any of the above) establishes a new currency based on some new standard.

B. A multitude of small entities issue their own currencies each with wildly varied values and stabilities.

C. Some combination of the above.
>>
>>55028557
Assuming you literally have no records or any way of knowing who had how much, I think the government could still get something equitable by declaring everyone's savings to be an amount of money equal to X years pay of their most recent job, depending on their age, and then an amount that cooresponds to any major assets they have, like houses, cars, or jewelry.

Sure, this would probably cause some issues, but it will give a way for people to have quantifiable savings for the short term while things stabilize.
>>
>>55028557
It would just go back to the "value" they stated it was prior to being fucked with.
>>
>>55028557
What I don't get is how such a sudden change isn't just seen as a glitch in the system and then fixed.
>>
>>55028557
The episode's logic falls apart at reactions by the upper echelon. If it's so easy to swap the value of a digital currency, grab an intern and ask what he is payed and what his lunch costs. Estimate from there, be generous, Claim lower than initial value caused by terrorist action, higher value caused by a tax break we couldn't be sure to clear so was a secret. Any further notice from the plebs, the hiccup was terrorist action being blocked. Those guys in the show were lawful evil with stupid tendencies.
>>
>>55028557
Jokes on you; if such a large empire did exist they would have already dumped currency as it'd be impossible to manage its worth and relative purchasing power within its borders and not result in economic chaos.
>>
File: IMG_2494.jpg (112KB, 464x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2494.jpg
112KB, 464x480px
Here's one we shoulda had last Rick & Morty thread...
>>
>>55028557
>such as a big computer crash and there being no sufficient physical records of value?
If every single computer in your interstellar empire crashes and all physical records are destroyed, then you have much bigger problems than your currency being worthless because it sounds like your entire galaxy was just obliterated.
>>
>>55031550
They were lawful stupid with evil tendencies
>>
>>55029056
Did you read the OP or just look at the image?
>>
>>55031550
>a fucking comedy show with science-magical powers isn't realistic
I THINK THIS MIGHT BE THESIS MATERIAL ANON
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.