/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else worried that 40K is getting the infamous "AoS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2180.jpg (476KB, 2048x1718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2180.jpg
476KB, 2048x1718px
Anyone else worried that 40K is getting the infamous "AoS treatment"? I'm talking specifically about the releases policy that GW seems to have focused on small codices with 2 troop choices, a couple heroes and just an handful of other units. Also, this new "armies" receive a lot of attention, while the more "generic" and bigger ones don't get any. I'm talking for example of the new Chaos unit, with a focus on Nurgle and Tzeentch with very limited actual releases. I hope I'm just imagining things
>>
I prefer the smaller formats, the big 3000 point slogs are for slumber parties and whatnot
>>
>>55008762
I'm not talking about bigger armies regarding points, but regarding miniatures choices.
For example, the old IG codex has a ton of different units, from troops to elites to new vehicles. Meanwhile, Tempestus Scions are very limited in choices, with just a troop choice, a couple vehicles and a QG unit
>>
>>55008810

Did the rest of the guard catalog burn in a fire somewhere?

All those models are available and have rules for them. Why would GW scrap them and release an entirely new range? . It makes sense for them to just release small forces for each army that can either be an addition to the existing army or form their own smaller , at least in respect to model variety , army if the player wishes.

Likewise most people focus their lists anyway and don't buy a rainbow of units to use as this is generally ineffective.
>>
>>55008588
I want to be as fit as that old man when I'm grey. Fuck the other roidmonster, just, good job to that guy.
>>
>>55009975
>Why would GW scrap them and release an entirely new range?
They did it with lotr, they did it with Fantasy, so why not do it with 40k?
>>
File: 1502926807809.jpg (204KB, 960x1922px) Image search: [Google]
1502926807809.jpg
204KB, 960x1922px
>>55009975
>Why would GW scrap them and release an entirely new range?

To get you to buy new stuff, obviously.
>>
>>55008588
We've already seen it with scions, eldar, etc. I think they're gonna do more variants of their primary armies, with a lot of cross-faction units, i.e. marine vehicles and cult genestealers. If they expanded this, so as to have scion sentinel upgrade kits, harlequin wraith constructs, etc, i feel that it'd be fine
>>
>>55012525
People still buy 40k.
>>
>>55012850
Correction, they still buy space marines.
And space marines get a new troops kit every edition so even then they're not safe.
>>
>>55012972
>Correction, they still buy space marines.
It's a safe bet the space marine market had hit saturation. Thus why they are redoing the range, to invalidate all the existing product on the ground and get everybody to rebuy. None of this is news, they've already gone through this cycle with 40K like 4 times.
>>
>>55012636
enclaves units
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.