[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sky pirates! Ever played a game like that? Ever wanted to? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: skies of arcadia.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
skies of arcadia.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
Sky pirates! Ever played a game like that? Ever wanted to?

I'm playing one soon, but I'm having trouble thinking of a character. System is Honor and Intrigue, party so far is a cunning young noble girl and an old fart who came out of retirement for one last round of privateering. But despite being pumped about the game and setting, I'm drawing a blank about what to play.
>>
You can't be a pirate without knowing the geopolitics of the age. What do you have to work with?
>>
Well you've got the noble and the old man, but where's the young, hot blooded pirate in his prime? Without one, the whole dynamic is gonna be lopsided. You gotta take on the mantle, a true, genuine pirate.
>>
>>55008318
What about zeppelin customized to store and launch aircraft?
>>
>>55009000

I can be anything you want in a game of pretend.
>>
>>55009073
Sky pirates, assemble!
>>
File: 6ce02fe83dd13385776c2aba984f6f18.jpg (423KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6ce02fe83dd13385776c2aba984f6f18.jpg
423KB, 800x1200px
I helped build and playtest this, if that's of any interest.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XJVuZVZ8rbkj4LlyM5dkBkP9itwLjs765vCxd3zy9yk/edit
>>
>>55008924

You make a compelling argument!

Difficult to do, though. Here's the thing: it's easy to be a character archetype in a general setting, where that archetype is just one of the options. But when the whole system is based around one archetype, it's difficult to make a character who plays that archetype straight and competently.

For example: If you want to make a swashbuckler in D&D, you put your points in Dexterity and Charisma. If you want to make a swashbuckler in Honor and Intrigue... well, it's a system about swashbucklers, and all the stats are things you need to be a swashbuckler. If you spread your points out, you'll suck at everything; if you specialize in, say, "Daring," you'll suck at "Savvy" and "Flair" and not be much of a swashbuckler.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.