[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is anyone else tired of the direction w40k is going? does anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 40k-fantasy edition.pdf (35KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
40k-fantasy edition.pdf
35KB, 1x1px
is anyone else tired of the direction w40k is going? does anyone not like the way the authors are taking the franchise? don't you wish all races got the same attention from GW?

Well i got kind of tired, so i sat and thought about it for a while. I want to make a really enjoyable alt universe to 40k. The main goal of this is too fix the issues before in my post. Now one person writing a setting is a bad idea, even GW has editors. so i have given it some thought and have put together what i consider to be some fixes to the issues i have.

I still do need some help, even the guidelines aren't set in stone. What i just want is people other than me thinking about this.

So any criticism is encouraged.
>>
>>54997681
Not going to sugar-coat this OP, I hate all your changes. Literally all of them. Especially the Necron changes.
>>
Tell me about the men of Iron ?
>>
>>54997681
Tau would be cool as a coalition of minor xenos empires that have banded together for mutual protection against the Imperium. Less big suits more varied alien troops.
>>
File: Sneaky Gitz.jpg (87KB, 620x373px) Image search: [Google]
Sneaky Gitz.jpg
87KB, 620x373px
>>54997681
I like the changes to the Primachs, i dont think Emps needs a clear origin.

Necrons just dont work that way, all magic in 40k is Chaos in origin so you are just changing the necrons from its own faction to be a subtype of chaos and i dont think that is fair for the poor soulless robots

The Men of Iron idea i like, but i dont think they would be more on genestealer levels of menace, and not a own faction, at least not at the start

Your Tyranid changes would make the individual tyranid more interresting and would open up a lot of possibilitys for storys of befriending the monster, manipulating them to attack other factions etc. but I think that niche is already filled by Orks (like your wardrobe)
Also i think that would make the Tyranids less threatening, downgrading them from Galaxy eating threat to, well, Orks
>>
>>54999971
>>55000168
See I wasn't quite sure about the necrons

What I was going for was that the necrons would fill the purpose of the newcrons, and the men of iron would fill the purpose of the oldcrons

>>54999995
What I was thinking was that each faction was really just 1 ai, so you know how the oldcrons followed the c'tan?
Think that.
>>
>>55000168
So the tyranids are a weird thing for me

I think they really need the extra unf to make them unique, because the hive mind alien is kind of played to death right now.

However I'm really not sure how to do it in a way that 1. Doesn't step on the orks toes 2. Keeps them a credible threat.

However this is the ramblings of a madman, so take it with a grain of salt
>>
>>55002465
Maybe make it a multitude of smaller hive minds? Like each individual organism isn't its own being, but each force of them is, so while you can't negotiate with an individual termagaunt per se, you can try to cut a deal with the local hive mind controlling it
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.