[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After playing a session of Tunnels & Trolls, why would anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4385.jpg (536KB, 1094x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4385.jpg
536KB, 1094x1500px
After playing a session of Tunnels & Trolls, why would anyone want to play D&D? It is far less crunchy but still manages to capture everything D&D does but much simpler.
What say you?
>>
Never played it. Always wanted to. I'm interested in any game that influenced Risus. Tell us about T&T OP?
>>
>>54997052
Downloaded T&T free rules, looks bretty gud. I like how spells are more tongue-in-cheek than D&D's.
>Take That, You Fiend
>>
>>54997052

Because personal preference is a thing.

You like a lighter ruleset which achieves a lot of the same things? Awesome. I'm happy for you.

Personally, I like crunch. It has to be good crunch that properly serves the premise, not garbage like 3.PF, but a system with real mechanical weight to it is part of the experience I enjoy, and I always find lighter systems unsatisfying as a result.
>>
>>54997052
I have trouble judging suitable MR for monsters compared to the players' level.

Are there in any guides for it?
>>
>>54997052
Which edition 5, 5.5, 7, 7.5 or Deluxe?
>>
Back when I was in scouting, the simplicity of T&T made it really good for just kind of throwing something together around the campfire and winging it. Nothing was ever terribly deep- one of my biggest complaints of T&T was that levelling was shit for everyone except Warriors, but that didn't mean diddly dick for one-offs like we were doing.
>>
>>54997052

I always felt that group combat really feels awkward in T&T
>>
File: 2015-08-16_000191.jpg (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-16_000191.jpg
119KB, 800x600px
>>54997052
I prefer grotos and goblins
>>
>>54999869
What's it like?
>>
>>55000194
Grottoes and Gremlins*
>>
>>54997052
It's D&D for people who lack the intelligence for D&D
>>
>>54997052
Many games have managed to capture the important parts of dnd while being much less painful to prepare and play. People have been making these for decades.

The reasons why more people don't play them include branding, namely D&D's overpowering brand. Also the extreme oversaturation of the fantasy roleplaying game market makes it difficult for even the best-designed games in that genre to get more than a tiny following. D&D sucks the air out of the room and crushes everything else.

And dnd players, having not-so-great systems as their baseline, tend to wrongly assume that every roleplaying game without a painfully-slow overcomplicated ruleset and hundreds of out-of-scope rules is necessarily some novelty time waster for drunken idiots. Same goes for elegant math and resolution mechanics; it's often wrongly assumed that simplicity in that area equates to lack of detail and intelligence.
>>
File: IMG_4402.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4402.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>55002165

This person gets it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.