[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Lord! It seems impossible, but we are being invaded by Phillistines!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

My Lord! It seems impossible, but we are being invaded by Phillistines!

Their weaponry is very primitive, mostly bronze spears, swords and shields, and armor of leather or woven bronze. Our army boasts the finest Knights of the land in heavy plate of steel, and our horses armored in steel all the same, with siege equipment and crossbows and longbowmen.

But there are so many of them. They have 10,000 wooden and bronze chariots. We are outnumbered a hundred to one, or some say, five hundred to one. How shall we withstand this overwhelming force of men?
>>
It's simple, my friend, we will pray to our Lord, and he will deliver us from this menace.

>The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots fitted with iron. (Judges 1:19)

FUCK
>>
Get the dragons!
>>
>philistines
I decorate the walls of our fortress with our peoples' finest art, and immediately send the army's buglers to train in jazz or baroque as suits their individual taste.

If the siege does not lift within the fortnight, I invite their commander to parlay over a glass of vintage French wine.
>>
File: IMG_0557.jpg (80KB, 652x488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0557.jpg
80KB, 652x488px
>>54995035
If you read the context behind that, it's talking about the conquests of Judah, with the Lord's help. It's not that the Lord couldn't drive out the iron chariots but that Judah was being punished at the time over an earlier failure of obedience.

A different section of the bible also has iron chariots that were beaten with ease.

>And Sisera gathered together all his chariots, even *nine hundred chariots of iron*, and all the people that were with him, from Harosheth of the Gentiles unto the river of Kishon.
>And Deborah said unto Barak, Up; for this is the day in which the LORD hath delivered Sisera into thine hand: is not the LORD gone out before thee?
>So Barak went down from mount Tabor, and ten thousand men after him.
>And the LORD discomfited Sisera, and all his chariots, and all his host, with the edge of the sword before Barak; so that Sisera lighted down off his chariot, and fled away on his feet.
>But Barak pursued after the chariots, and after the host, unto Harosheth of the Gentiles: and all the host of Sisera fell upon the edge of the sword; and there was not a man left. Judges 4:13-16

Iron chariots>god is indeed a meme.
>>
File: samson-jawbone-hill.jpg (81KB, 431x600px) Image search: [Google]
samson-jawbone-hill.jpg
81KB, 431x600px
>>54995004
We gather the 10 finest murderhobos in our lands and arm them with mighty jawbones.

Don't you read the Holy Bible?
>>
>>54995004
Laugh as Steel weapons literally cut Bronze weapons in two.

Utilise tricks to seem like a larger force, focus my warriors where numbers are naught. A bronze age army is little more than a rabble.

Our faith in God shall carry the rest.
>>
>>54995035
>>54995212
The whole point is that the Jews got scared of the chariots not that their deity couldn't beat iron. Chariots and cavalry win by causing fear. So long as you just sit behind your spears and shields you do fine, lose faith and run if you want to die.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.