[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentlemen, I feel we are all missing the most important question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Wight King.jpg (112KB, 1163x620px) Image search: [Google]
Wight King.jpg
112KB, 1163x620px
Gentlemen, I feel we are all missing the most important question here.
How the fuck he on a round base?
Did GW make an entirely new mould, with the only difference being that square base is a plastic one?
Or do they include official conversion instructions on transferring the detail of the square base to the round one (which is a long and painful project if you want it to lie as flat as it does in the pic)?
Or did they just photoshop it that way, and he still comes on a square base?
OR did they include a new 32mm base with a slot in it for a square base?
>>
>>54993072
This is actually one of the best questions I've seen from a "OP asks a retarded ass fucking question" threads. The feet are sculpted on to the base so they can't just chuck a round one in the box. They can probably CAD the base into a circle easily enough but their metal mold is already made for the square ones.
>>
>>54993072

They hid the lack of foot behind that skull.
>>
>>54993072
you can just cut the top of the square base off and then plant it onto a round base...
>>
>>54993232
>a long and painful project if you want it to lie as flat as it does in the pic
There's including conversion instructions for what is explicitly "a fucked up imperial knight helmet", but this is a level beyond, all my old fantasy models look like they're standing on small hills.
>>54993197
seems likely, but that skull is the right one in the right position. The paintjob is the same stock one though, so I think it's a photoshop, the kit is probably just the old sprue, the 32mm base, and a "good luck making it look like the catalogue pictures!"
>>
>>54993311

If the skull was in the right position it would be under the rock he is standing on.
>>
>>54993072
If that dark elf sorceress I ordered is any indication, it'll come with a round base to put it in and it's not their concern at that point.
>>
>>54993232

Or just cut the foot off and put the foot on the new base right?
>>
File: 99070207004_WightKingNEW01.jpg (117KB, 1249x620px) Image search: [Google]
99070207004_WightKingNEW01.jpg
117KB, 1249x620px
>>54993330
Nope. Skull is correct.
There does look to be a slight incline in the round base now that I look, but it really doesn't seem right for you to have to convert it up yourself, considering everything else in the boxset was just recently re-released with round bases.
>>
>>54993635
God just use the square base, both are legal.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.