[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some help /tg/ I've come up with a magic system wherein

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Need some help /tg/

I've come up with a magic system wherein collective belief in a thing can have effects upon reality. My thought is, once humanity began to progress to the point where they have language, a collective unconscious begins to form and start spawning spirits based on the collective perception and belief.

Thus, any universally human concept becomes personified by a spirit, and the collective 'attention' of the entire race makes it powerful enough to become a deity.

I'm trying to think of what kind of order people might have developed these universal concepts. I think Death would probably be the first one, but what comes after that? Nature maybe? Should that include just beasts or should it include plants and the sun and the seasons?

tl;dr if people invent gods as they're collectively thought of, which gods come about first?
>>
Spirits of animals, fucking, and fucking animals.
>>
>>54988454
Bestiality and furries are right out.
>>
File: birthing hips.jpg (203KB, 850x1136px) Image search: [Google]
birthing hips.jpg
203KB, 850x1136px
>>
Well OP you're right to say that Death is first.

In most ancient religions the gods were about providing for needs. The most immediate needs are for air, then water, but I think we can skip those and go straight to food.
Humans are omnivores, but foraging feels less random and more reliable than hunting. So let's say the second god is of beasts and hunting.

Our next need after we've got a full belly is warmth. You could go one of a few ways with this
You could have a god of fire and hearth, you could have a sun god , or you could have a winter god.
>>
>>54989457
All kinds of helpful, thank you.

Death, Beasts, Winter, Summer, Harvest, I think I can probably run from there.
>>
>>54988962
It makes more sense if she's bending forward from the waist.
>>
File: 1502309537261.gif (4KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1502309537261.gif
4KB, 256x256px
>>54988962
fucking kek
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.