/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play your self insert >make all the choices you would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1503298879999m.jpg (114KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1503298879999m.jpg
114KB, 1024x1024px
>play your self insert
>make all the choices you would make in real life
>learn something new about yourself in the process
>use it as a tool for personal growth instead of childish entertainment
Find a flaw
>>
The flaw is that this is a troll thread.
>>
File: 1442519996767.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1442519996767.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>54984319
The flaw with this is that you're not actually having fun you just think you are
>>
File: 1409101336830.png (55KB, 364x268px) Image search: [Google]
1409101336830.png
55KB, 364x268px
>Playing Exalted 3e
>Make self-insert Brawl + Resistance Grapple tank
>Using the Lighting Attack Prana with throw/savage as my signature move
>So far I have only strangled 2 women to death and suplexed one off the top of a tower.
>>
>>54984319
You posted a frog and that automatically makes your opinion worthless. I'd say that's a pretty huge flaw.
>>
>>54984367

>Triggered by a drawing of a silly frog
>>
>>54984319
>Find a flaw
The choices you make in such a simulation are conscious

Outside of it you are also subconscious
>>
>>54984319
It tends to make a piss poor narrative

Although anybody who uses 'childishness' as an argument against doing something outs themselves as a fucking retard almost immediately
>>
>>54984397
>>>r9k
>>
>>54984469
>childishness as an argument
>only used as an adjective

Nice try, brainlet.
>>
>>54984360
So you learned you enjoy ragdolling women?

Perhaps join a judo club and make your dreams a reality
>>
>>54984601
>can't even link correctly
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>54984319
>make all the choices you would make in real life

That's your flaw. What you are doing is making the choices you think (or like to think) you would make in real life.
>>
> Play a character
> Make bold and confident choices that are in everyone's best interest
> Start adopting positive traits from your character in everyday life
> Use as a tool for personal growth instead of purely entertainment
>>
I'm curious now, who here thinks that they have achieved positive RL growth from 'mantling' their characters?

>>54984665
>>54984654
Fake it til you make it brehs
>>
>>54984672

You can't express yourself and not grow.
>>
>>54984319
>play as a made character
>understand what drives peoples actions
>grow empathy skills
>stop posting frogs on turkish carpentry forums

find a flaw.
>>
>>54984672
Oh, I've absolutely faked it until I developed the actual confidence for myself. I played a cocksure, overconfident good-hearted asshole in-game. I really enjoyed it, and started shifting my real life habits to more closely align with that - it's because I 'acted' more confident and 'pretended' to care less about social blunders that I eventual developed legitimate social confidence.

Yes, I'm a massive autist, but now I'm an autist with a positive self-image, plenty of confidence, and a job I love where I interact with people constantly.
>>
>>54984319
>>54984654
>>54984665

Is... is this sort of thing not what everyone does? I found it most fun to explore the psychology of both myself, and a version of me that would exist in the setting we use. It's a giant thought experiment, with multiple parties and set in a game.
>>
>>54984319
If you're still making a shit thread like this, it clearly hasn't done much for your own growth.
>>
>>54985022
Or he's trying to steer other anons in the right direction.
>>
>>54985004
>I found it most fun to explore the psychology of both myself, and a version of me that would exist in the setting we use. It's a giant thought experiment, with multiple parties and set in a game.

I can get on board with this line of thinking.
>>
>>54984469
Not to mention roleplaying with make believe wizards and rogues is inherently childish.
>>
>>54984319
But you don't make the same choices you would make in real life. Imaginary people and imaginary consequences matter way less to you.
That's why your character is willing to take so much risk. You'd have to be a sociopath to effectively self-insert.
>>
>>54985146
Obviously it's different, there would be no point if it was literally the same as you do IRL.
The point is to experience what ifs and different paths
>>
The flaw is that what happens to your character as a result of your actions is merely the reflection of how your DM views the world.
>>
>>54985260
The point is in your actions, how and why you make the decision you do, not the consequemces the DM makes up
>>
>>54985333
Is it not the results of our actions that cause us to reflect?
>>
>>54984718
This man is going places
>>
>>54985342
They are not necessary if you're conciously making the effort to reflect.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.