[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These guys have such cool fluff but its a shame their armor colour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Celestial_Lions_Astartes.png (355KB, 420x599px) Image search: [Google]
Celestial_Lions_Astartes.png
355KB, 420x599px
These guys have such cool fluff but its a shame their armor colour is so gaudy. Any other Chapters that are this bro tier though?
>>
>>54978050
What's wrong with gold faggot?
>>
>>54978161
You ever try painting with gold as the main colour? Shit looks awful.
>>
File: Doom_Eagles_Assault_Marine.jpg (272KB, 1058x1326px) Image search: [Google]
Doom_Eagles_Assault_Marine.jpg
272KB, 1058x1326px
>>54978050
Doom Eagles.
Their entire mentality is about being the most self-suffering fatalistic grim bastards possible, but all in the name of ensuring that mortal humans don't suffer like they do.

They all see themselves as being already dead and that suffering and pain is their lot in the universe and nothing will change that, so nothing can hold them back from fighting as hard as they can to protect the innocent and the faithful from feeling their suffering.

They're one of the only chapters that manages to be both very grimdark and very sympathetic about protecting regular humans, without those two sides of their mentality conflicting.

>All of creation suffers, young ones. Only in accepting our own mortality can we make a difference. Only in bearing the burden of our failures can we find the strength to go on. Only in detachment from glory, or honour, or jealousy... from life itself can we hope to spare others from grief.
>We are Doom Eagles. And we are dead already.

>>54978698
Not with the new GW spray honestly.
>>
>>54978778
So they're basically edgy Lamenters? Neat.
>>
>>54978698
Man just hit it with a dark red wash, look neat
>>
>>54978050

Not sure about Bro-Tier, but the Sons of Medusa are neat weirdos who are Iron Hands successors. Novamarines are pretty stock-standard Ultra successors, and are pretty chill unless you're an alien. Salamanders are, of course, known for their humanity, but I consider their own color scheme rather gaudy (green and fire patterns don't mix very well).

Still, Celestial Lions can have an absolutely awesome color scheme if you git gud at painting and learn how to paint non-metallic metallics; using flat colors to create a faux-metallic look.
>>
File: 450px.png (274KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
450px.png
274KB, 450x450px
>>54981391

A slightly better picture (even if you hate stormcast, it's the scheme we're looking at).
>>
>>54981391
Ill try that out on that free Primaris marine.
>>
>>54978698
Stormcasts are a good example of that
>>
>>54981391
nonmetal metal is hard as shit, i am trying to learn it but my god its hard
>>
>>54981931

Oh, don't I know it. I'd love to do some Primaris up like this but goddamn. I guess I'm sticking to drabs and interesting but simple patterns to make up for my lack of skill, like hazard stripes and checkerboards.
>>
>>54978698
>ever try painting the easiest metallic color
i bet you think white is hard too
>>
>>54984250
white is irritating because you need to do 20 layers to look okay
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.