[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to finally get around to running this, and I need some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1384472877800.png (557KB, 1574x1794px) Image search: [Google]
1384472877800.png
557KB, 1574x1794px
I decided to finally get around to running this, and I need some advice. The game is Pathfinder, and I'm Gming for a group of five, all fourth level. I think I've figured out a couple important things to make this actually functional, and not a frustrating grind.

First, the switches that change between the tesserects require five people to stand in a circle and touch a pedestal, teleporting them to the corresponding pedestal on the other side. This will keep them from splitting up too much. It also works well with how I intend to flavor this place, as a magical prison. A series of interconnected demiplanes, requiring five humanoids to move through. Everything else is trapped in it's own tesserect.

Second, each door is identical, even the top and bottom hatches. They're all perfectly centered in their own wall. The size of the rooms are not all the same, just always perfect cubes.
>>
File: IMG_20170820_170640.jpg (2MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170820_170640.jpg
2MB, 3036x4048px
>>54975214
Third, the players have to be constrained in their movement somehow, otherwise they would be overwhelmed. I'll be starting them in the center room of the blue tesserect. The blue tesserect's center, east, west, north, and south rooms will be split vertically in thirds, and the players will start in the middle third of the center cube. This means they will not have access to the switch, or the top and bottom hatches in any of these rooms. This means the top and bottom thirds of each of these rooms will be difficult to access. For the four surrounding rooms, the top thirds will be completely inaccessible, and the bottom thirds will only be accessible through the switches. The top and bottom thirds of the center cube are only accessible from the top and bottom cubes, respectively, and these rooms are only accessible from the double cube. This means the players will have time to figure out that the doors don't work exactly like they would expect, and that they must understand or luck their way through the double cube (which will be full of murkey water and nothing else) before they have access to any switches, and thus any other tesserects.

Fourth, the bottom rooms accessible only by the switches will be the goals of the dungeon. To escape, the pics must reach these four bottom sections and activate some magical alignment rune or something, and once they do all four, they'll be able to teleport out. Therefore, at each of the other ends of these four switches, I'll be placing a boss that they have to defeat. The goal then becomes 'kill the four bosses'.

Here's an image to help understand the thirds thing.
>>
>>54975267
Fifth, the eight tesserects will each have their own unique theme. The blue tesserect will be generic thassilonian ruin themed. The red tesserect will be cold themed. The green tesserect will be jungle themed. The purple tesserect will be bayou graveyard themed. The orange tesserect will be desert themed. The light blue tesserect will be spider/ghost themed. I don't have an idea for the pink tesserect yet. The yellow tesserect is prison block themed.

I need ideas for individual rooms for every theme, and just feedback in general. Thanks /tg/.
>>
>>54975214
How large are all these rooms? 3x3?
Do the rooms have different structures within them?
>>
>>54976234

It's a non-combat dungeon
>>
>>54977268
doesn't really answer my questions
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.