[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 60

File: breaking-news (2).png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news (2).png
1MB, 1280x720px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>54924845
>Storage_Containers__What_To_Look_Out_For.trid
>Where_To_Hide_Things_When_The_Heat_Gets_Too_High.knwsft
>How_Do_You_Keep_Your_Gear_Secure?.thread
>LS_Search_Procedures__WITH_COMMENTS.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10305 (77% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, You should get out. LS is on the way to your abode'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Badda_Bing_Badda_BOOM.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Hideouts Edition
Where do you keep your gear? Your Apartment? Rented Container?
Where do you keep yourself when being searched after?
>>
>>54969601
>Where do you keep your gear? Your Apartment? Rented Container?
Most of my runners start out living in the hood, keeping their gear in their apartment. Most games end before they've gotten successful enough to have both a safehouse and a 'real' lifestyle.

>Where do you keep yourself when being searched after?
Why would I be searched after? I only commit crimes on extraterritorial territory or in places where cops don't go in the first place. Nothing to be Wanted over.
>>
>>54969751
Never ran against a A-Ranked or lower corp? Never against private targets?
>>
>>54969964
Nope, those are hard 'no' responses. The whole point of being a runner is not having to deal with being a criminal for 95% of my month. If I wanted to do the kinds of crime that get me a real criminal record, I'd be a Made Man for the mafia instead, with all of the support network necessary for that kind of non-shadowrunner crime.

AAs, Barrens, wilderness, AAA subsidiaries. I'll do a wide variety of types of runs, but anything that takes place in other locations is just regular crime, not a shadowrun.
>>
>>54970382
>just regular crime, not a shadowrun.
Chummer, Shadowruns are just regular crime with the added caveat of the criminals being disposable assets, which the johnson can just write off and deny all involvement.

A shadowrun can totally be "Go to that Mom&Pop store, trash it and plant evidence that Group XYZ was responsible". The only thing that matters is that the runners don't know who the johnson is.
>>
>>54970655
>>54970382

You're both right. The difference between you is the difference between shadowrunning for profit, and shadowrunning to stick it to the man.

You're both very pretty girls, now kiss and make up.
>>
>>54969601
Coffin hotels are a pretty solid chioce to stash your stuff. There is a lot of anonymity and usually nobody cares what happens as long as you cell does not start to smell and you pay your bills.

Also those rentable lockers on train stations are a solid seckond choice to store things in a briefcase or sport bag.
>>
>>54969601
>Gear
Garage preferably in a reinforced safe hidden behind a few boxes
>Apartment
Comfy expensive apartment. Not too fancy, not too shitty.
>Red Alert Hideout
Hell hound infested part of the nearest barren.
>>
File: 1502374175582.jpg (10KB, 626x128px) Image search: [Google]
1502374175582.jpg
10KB, 626x128px
Elves are such whores
>>
File: dex-man-dl.jpg (340KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dex-man-dl.jpg
340KB, 1200x1600px
>>54971344

You and me both, chummer.
>>
>>54969751
I see we're pretending AAA corps have zero reach beyond their extraterritoriality again. You realize its a privilege they wrested from governments with their power, forcing them to acknowledge their sovereignity, not a penalty, right?
>>
>>54970926
>Rented train station lockers
>2077
>>
>>54971780
You realize the entire central premise of Shadowrun, I'm the into chapters of every edition's CRB, is that extraterritoriality is a double edged sword keeping them from doing shit outside of their own borders because of the Corporate Court, right? It's not the local governments they're worried about, it's the CC. That the entire point of shadowrunners is that, for fear of getting punished for acting outside of their borders, megacorps hire runners as deniable assets to sabotage each other instead of punishing the runners?

If you hit Ares, instead of risking getting sanctioned by the CC or wasting time on hiring someone to go after those runners, Ares it's liable to hire that exact same runner team to hit back at whoever hired them in the first place.

Megas are more likely to treat successful runs against them as auditions to future work on their behalf than to try to actually punish you for it.
>>
>>54971953
Fine. Hyperloop station lockers.
>>
>>54972861
>doing shit outside of their own borders
nope, just shit inside their enemies' borders
ARES can't directly attack a Shiawase compound without risking a war between them. But sending people of their own outside their compounds is totally fine.
This is one of the reason that when fleeing you should go through extraterritorial areas, because ARES might follow you through normal streets but can't go through e.g. AZT territory and thus have to take ways around it
>>
>>54972950
And of course you have to remember that AZT might take offense with you rushing through their turf. But it's the choice between maybe getting killed by AZT or definitely be caught by ARES
>>
>>54972948
>Thinking that the Sixth World has functional public transit
Buy a car, you SINless bum. No wonder you live in the Barrens.
>>
>>54969964
Barring some crazy blood magic plot hole, how would they even find you?

Surveillance along your escape route would be the hardest thing to avoid. Local governments would hand it over for cash, and other corps wouldn't want to look like they were covering for you.

What's the government surveillance prescence look like in Shadowrun? CCTVs on every intersection? If so, you'd have to disable them before your run.
>>
>>54973016
I'm not taking the damn thing, just storing my shit anonymously. But even I did, you aren't going to hit mach speeds on a shared road. We build bullet trains for a reason.
>>
File: Shadowrun Suburb.jpg (78KB, 600x575px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Suburb.jpg
78KB, 600x575px
>>54973152
>Surveillance along your escape route would be the hardest thing to avoid. Local governments would hand it over for cash, and other corps wouldn't want to look like they were covering for you.
Explicitly no.

>What's the government surveillance prescence look like in Shadowrun? CCTVs on every intersection? If so, you'd have to disable them before your run.
There are, but it doesn't help.

Data balkanization and oversaturation are addressed in core. There's too much info out there to easily sort it for relevance, and you might know which bits are relevant but the owners of the data won't share it because it's not in their interest to give it out to others and compromise their own operations. It is an ironic problem where an investigation has to go through the Library of Congress looking for one sentence fragment, but every book is heavily redacted.
>>
>>54973351
So in this case, game designers are explicitly ignoring the market (a giant fucking staple of ancap dystopia fiction)?

No chummer, only bummer.
>>
File: Class Structure.png (427KB, 615x416px) Image search: [Google]
Class Structure.png
427KB, 615x416px
>>54973397
There's no open sale of this sort of data, because the manager who openly sells proprietary collected data on traffic patterns is throwing away valuable market research for pennies and is lucky to end up scrubbing out troll toilets.

If someone is determined enough to try and use backalley bribes and blackmail to try and get a foreign government to give them that data... well, that sounds like a shadowrun to get the deal done. But in the grand scheme of things, it's usually not worth that amount of effort to find deniable assets (who by definition have no long-term value to any party), unless the aggrieved party is trying to track something very valuable (which they can't find through ordinary corporate espionage assets) or has a deep personal motivation for doing so.
>>
I modded in a new mentor spirit, it worked just fine.

Then the next day I updated chummer via the automatic update thing, and now it doesn't work. Anyone have any idea why?
>>
File: rent-a-cop seizes the moment.jpg (56KB, 405x357px) Image search: [Google]
rent-a-cop seizes the moment.jpg
56KB, 405x357px
>>54974471
re-install ?

Also, what are some pieces of equipment that help a streetscum runner with heavyer enemies, like spirits or vehicles ?
>>
>>54974840
I tried reinstalling, I've still got the same problem. Suddenly it just stopped working even though I seem to be doing exactly what I should be.
>>
>>54974875
check the registry
>>
File: HeroForgeScreenshot.png (428KB, 1920x939px) Image search: [Google]
HeroForgeScreenshot.png
428KB, 1920x939px
Anybody here got experience with Hero Forge ? My party want to get some minis for combat and immersion but we're not really liking those official Shadowrun minis we're seeing on ebay.
>>
>>54975002
Way too fucking expensive.
>>
>>54974840
explosives, lots of explosives
>>
>>54975117
Yeah, no argument there since we'd probably order the "premium" plastic, but if it's good we don't mind spending some cash from time to time. The question is how well made are their miniatures.
>>
>>54975255
Heroforge stuff looks decent enough bit don't expect amazing, the level of detail will probably be lower than you'd hope.

Friend of mine ordered and painted up his nier autotomato expy for a campaign a while ago.
>>
>>54975251
Like fertilizer pipe bombs ?
>>
>>54975364
Got any photos perhaps ?
>>
A first-time players wants to make a mystic adept. Do y'all think that would be a bit overwhelming for a start? I'm asking because I've never touched them myself. He's coming from a background of pathfinder, if that makes a difference.
>>
File: Grenade.jpg (442KB, 640x3816px) Image search: [Google]
Grenade.jpg
442KB, 640x3816px
>>54975386
HE grenades do wonders against most vehicles. No need to start cooking in your bathtub when you can buy them off the shelf.
>>
>>54975563
what edition, what chargen option and where is it set?
>>
>>54975631
5th, priority, and Seattle.
Just doing things straight and normal to start them out.
>>
File: Dormer Cyberware.jpg (83KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
Dormer Cyberware.jpg
83KB, 500x708px
>>54975696
Sum-to-10 is just as easy as Priority, and way better if people want to do something like play 2/5ths of the core metatypes (orcs and trolls).

Otherwise a MysAd is fine for someone starting out. It's a Magician that you can buy adept powers for, which makes it useful for certain builds. Ask what he wants to do that requires being a MysAd, because often going pure Mage or pure Adept is better.
>>
>>54975589
but waht if i WANT to cook up explosives over my camping cooker ?
>>
File: Shrugs.jpg (86KB, 600x858px) Image search: [Google]
Shrugs.jpg
86KB, 600x858px
>>54975791
Then do it. I'm not your mom.
>>
>>54975783
Thanks. What book is the sum-to-ten rules in? Run Faster?
And this feels like a stupid question, but are different charges types compatable? Like, if I have one player using priority and one using sum-to-ten, will they be off balance?
>>
>>54975791
no RURRRRES for that atm (the cooking part).

Maybe handwave it, success on a chemistry test equals Rating of the homemade explosives?
>>
>>54975851
Yeah. Sum to Ten is in Run Faster, but it's generally good to play Sum to Eleven or 12, with the proviso that the extra points are spent on metatype.
>>
>>54975851
well, priority is a specific subset of sum-to-10, so they are sorta compatible, but depending on what you want, st10 can get you stronger results (eg A priority in both Attributes AND Money).
Just let everybody build with st10
>>
File: Cyberhand Wave.gif (1MB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberhand Wave.gif
1MB, 310x310px
>>54975851
Yes, Run Faster, but it's not a big set of rules.

A=4
B=3
C=2
D=1
E=0

Pick whatever choice you want in each priority category, so long as it ends up with 10. >>54975881 works only if you want to see a lot of nonhumans, instead of just making it a viable choice.

As a rule, you can generally make things in Sum-to-10 slightly better than you can with straight priority, but it's not a huge gap (and you can still build ABCDE with St10). Karmagen and Life Modules are the huge step down.
>>
I'm going to make a troll adept/Mystic Adept. 5e, Priority. Idea is to make a fast bulldozer that hits like a truck (focus on melee, thrown, and bow weaponry). Possibly some ninja-action in there. Any tips on making this karma sucker?
>>
>>54975925
Thrown Weapons scale higher with strength than Bows do. Specialize in a close combat skill and thrown weapons. Go Adept and make sure to grab Missile Mastery. Something like B/C/B/C/E. Poverty is a reality for the Troll magic man.
>>
>>54976257
Specialize in Throwing Axes and you can use the same thing to fight in melee and throw it.
>>
File: 1365084082181.png (269KB, 376x449px) Image search: [Google]
1365084082181.png
269KB, 376x449px
>johnson hires us to courier a large (medium crate sized) package through the SOX to another courier
>the pay is exceptional, but it's the fucking SOX
>tells us to identify the receiver by a "POOR IMPULSE CONTROL" tattoo on the forehead
Anyway, are there rules for radiation?
>>
>>54976953
>Reading Snow Crash for the first time
>Literally just read this chapter before going to /tg/
>>
>>54976953
>tells us to identify the receiver by a "POOR IMPULSE CONTROL" tattoo on the forehead
That guy sounds both reliable and trustworthy.
>>
File: Navy Seal Lansbury.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Navy Seal Lansbury.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>54976953
>>54976990 this. Why would you come onto /tg/ and tell us lies?

Run & Gun 152
>>
>>54977035
Hey, my GM has occasional ripoff sprees. I'm just hoping I'm not going to die in here.

>>54977034
About as much as some dude with "trusty" in his name.
>>
>>54977035
No anon, I meant I literally just read that chapter today, then came on /srg/ to see the other anon stealing the plotpoint from the chapter I read not an hour earlier. It was a bit eerie.
>>
>>54974471
Define 'doesn't work'
>>
>>54973397
Ancap is explicitly what the megas are against. The megacorps are pseudo-corporate governments with fully socialized state industries. Anti-communist ancaps is one of the things that runners often support, because the megas are aggressively anti-free-market
>>
So I noticed that there no rules anywhere (at least in 4e) for muscle powered vehicles like bicycles, skateboards, etc.

One of my players wants to do sick stunts on his future skateboard, but just having him roll the occasional gymnastics test for jumps,etc is all fine and good, but what about extended movement? Or being knocked off of it for that matter?
Should I just assume that muscle powered vehicles are a cheap way to get the celerity quality, but make them roll gymnastics whenever performing something other than simply moving?

Picture was on the first page when searching for SICK FLIPS and I couldn't resist...
>>
>>54977987
There are rules for skates - use those for skateboards. No clue for bikes.
>>
Is there any official (or hell, even unofficial) art for Skimmers? I've been trying to find any and I'm having shit luck with it.
>>
File: Skimmers Gone Wrong.png (905KB, 900x1319px) Image search: [Google]
Skimmers Gone Wrong.png
905KB, 900x1319px
>>54978046
>>
>>54978026
In arsenal, I assume?
>>
>>54978046
You could probably find some Jet Set Radio pieces that obscure the actual skates enough.
>>
>>54978046
They're ground effect skirts. Look up modern hovercraft.
>>
File: PACKthetic.png (312KB, 652x453px) Image search: [Google]
PACKthetic.png
312KB, 652x453px
Reminder that if you actually buy CGL books you support 25 pages worth of equipment loadouts designed by people that think a gas mask is an effective means of protecting yourself from toxins because in no way is every dangerous inhalation toxin also a contact vector and you totally can't hold your breath for 10 CTs for free against the one that isn't.
>>
File: 2017.gif (772KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
2017.gif
772KB, 500x667px
>>54979373
You can actually hold your breath for free for twenty combat turns for free, with a roll giving you 5 combat turns per hit.

And while most combat toxins are contact and inhalation, some are not. Gas masks last for an hour, and are useful in other situations such as smoky environments and living in the general smog of a sprawl.

Try reading the books, it's fun and informative.
>>
>>54979373
Support the single vector toxin initiative today!
>>
>>54979509
>some are not.
Yeah, specifically the non-dangerous ones. Like the one that JUST makes you nauseous and nothing else.
>>
So I've been working on a light hearted dedicated Shadowrun podcast where we discuss everything Shadowrun from roles to being a good gm to general fluff. It's been a fun yet time consuming project to edit ;_; . Is there any interest for this kind of thing or are there a ton of SR podcasts already?
>>
>>54979591
Who is "we"?
>>
File: Gas Mask.jpg (216KB, 540x585px) Image search: [Google]
Gas Mask.jpg
216KB, 540x585px
>>54979574
And Red Masque, lethal bioweapon. And Retro, which is a standin for all the inhalation-based nerve agents like sarin gas.

Really, I mean it. Having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card.
>>
>>54979614
My friends I play Shadowrun with?
>>
Yo Yekka, I think I saw in a recent chummer build that Prototype transhuman builds are broken and to contact you for career builds.

Do I still need to do that ? I'd rather not have to redo this entire character.
>>
>>54979660
Not sure what book you're sourcing Red Masque from.

Retro still disperses long before you even have to roll to hold your breath, and is pretty low power/easy to resist as physical tends to be, compared to say, Neurostun X.

Also since you've already mastered the art of fun reading, why not try your hand at mastering the art of not being a cunt from the get-go?
>>
>>54979691
Yes, now tell me why your friends are interesting or amusing to listen to and I can answer your question of
>Is there any interest for this kind of thing
>>
>>54979691
You find your friends interesting because you like them.

Pitch us on why we should want to listen to you guys ramble on? Protip, injokes that you guys find hilarious won't translate well to complete strangers.
>>
>>54979750
>Not sure what book you're sourcing Red Masque from.

Bullets and Bandages. There's three books that toxins are in. And don't come in complaining about shit when you don't know the rules and saying, "lol gas masks are useless, god forbid they have a purpose in the fluff and also are useful for people who don't want to walk around a combat zone with their cheeks belled out for a couple minutes, praying they don't sneeze."
>>
>>54979914
Red Masque is a pathogen (that means disease, friend reader!) not a toxin.

I said gas masks are not an effective defense against most toxins(!) because they're dual vectors and protection from inhalation is easily achieved, not they're objectively useless in every fashion, but continue to spin whatever narrative supports your masturbatory fantasies of superiority.
>>
File: Shadowrunners_Suck.png (101KB, 896x348px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrunners_Suck.png
101KB, 896x348px
>>54979509
>>
>>54980061
My favorite part about the breath holding rules is still that there is a dedicated skill for Diving, but the roll to get more breath is Swimming.
>>
>>54979591
There's interest in it, yeah. Got a link?
>>
>>54980079
Diving's OP enough, it doesn't need help being the godskill.
>>
What effects do solar/lunar eclipses have on Mana levels? Considering the effects of passing comets, I figure there must be some influence.
>>
>>54980114
I wish Flying got some help. Like literally any of the things it mentions its used for actually being real gear. Like hang gliders.
>>
>>54980061
>swimming + willpower
So you're saying shamans, mages and adepts are the best dicksuckers out there?
>>
>>54980131
I kinda doubt it. The Sun and Moon are always there and even during an eclipse they remain at the same distances they usually drift between, just in front of each other during that time.

A passing comet is an actual intruding celestial object that normally isn't present.

I wouldn't suspect much change to the mana levels. I would however suspect that several traditions deal with eclipses differently well. Some very positively, some very negatively, aswell as numerous types of spirits and critters that also react very differently to them.
>>
All infected team Y/N?
>>
>>54980178
All topless team Y/N?
>>
>>54980189
Nudist team Y/N?
>>
>>54980217
All Matrix Brains-in-Jars No Fleshform team Y/N?
>>
>>54979707
Depends on when it was made. Essentially you just need to go into the character file and flag the appropriate 'ware as discounted. Send me the file if you want, I'll do it for you.
>>
>>54980138
>he hasn't gotten a blowjob from a dom troll adept babe

You're missing out omae
>>
File: 1456769042797.jpg (852KB, 1000x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1456769042797.jpg
852KB, 1000x1070px
>>54980217
All traps team Y/N?
>>
>>54980178
Who is this semen demon
>>
>>54980217
>>54980242
>>54980345
Nudist traps having their motor control hijacked by brains in jars.
>>
>>54979785
>>54979831
>>54980082
I'll just pitch you guys the segments for the first show and you guys can decide if it's worth a listen. I hope to have all the music compromised and the final version out next week. The podcast looks to be 45 minutes to a hour
>Gear Up
Runners discuss their favorite pieces of uncommonly used gear
>GM's Corner
We discuss and explore what makes a good gmed Shadowrun
>Role spotlight
We exam one of the classic Shadowrun roles and discuss what we think makes a good run
>Shadowrun Media
We talk about a good Shadowrun esque show or movie
>>
>>54980345
I think the one on the right might be a real girl.
>>
>>54980379
Thank you for that new fetish!
>>
>>54980379
Wouldn't a trap being a nudist kind of defeat the whole "trap" aspect?
>>
>>54980392
Still haven't given any reason to listen to you guys instead of read it ourselves.

You gotta sell us on your group.
>>
>>54980392
A lot of these are highly opinionated segments, so it really depends on the personal likeability and autism levels of your friends.
>>
File: ghoul_girl_by_apterus-dat1xx9.jpg (166KB, 1024x1434px) Image search: [Google]
ghoul_girl_by_apterus-dat1xx9.jpg
166KB, 1024x1434px
>>54980363
Just a random piece by an artist called Apterus. He draws a lot of ghouls.
>>
>>54980392
It could be good, depends on how charismatic and interesting you guys are. You're on 4chan so my hopes aren't high but you never know.

I'd tell you to post a link but /srg/ would just shit all over it.
>>
>>54980284
Oh that's all ? Thanks I was able to fix it using your instructions !
>>
>>54980439
What a shame considering his forte seems to be big, meaty Rubens-esque tits.
>>
File: Dale.jpg (25KB, 307x352px) Image search: [Google]
Dale.jpg
25KB, 307x352px
>>54980466
>What a shame
>not liking thicc babes who suck your dick before they suck the marrow from your bones
>>
>>54979591
There are a lot of Shadowrun podcasts already, but I always want more. I like the sound of your show, but for me three things are going to make the most difference:

1. Consistency. If you're just going to update every 3 or 4 months, you probably won't get my sub. Once a month is good. Twice a month is better. Once a week is really good, and pretty much the max that a person doing it as a hobby can be expected to do. Get a schedule and stick to it.

2. Production value. This means having good sound, distinctive voices, and an organized show.

3. Quality content. Nobody wants to hear you and your pals busllshit for an hour about the hockey game. That's not what I'm here for. Talk about SHADOWRUN. Games you run, rules, lore, media, whatever, but it all needs to tie into the thing I came to hear about, my favorite RPG.

IF you haven't already, check out the Shadowcasters network. They're a group of Shadowrun fans who do a wide range of different podcasts. Cliff (AKA Mr. Johnson) from the Arcology Podcast can be a great resource for help in these things if you can get in touch with him.

Keep us posted, chummer. I love SR podcasts, and I'm always willing to give one a shot.
>>
>>54969601
>200 Seven-7 Grenades
I must admit, I like that this has become a thing.
>>
>>54980410
Depends on how good they are at tucking
>>
>>54980560
Thanks for the quality advice Anon, you are giving me a lot to consider. It's late over here, may your runs go well.
>>
>>54981106
Skin Pocket
>>
>>54980392
You have to keep sustainability in mind with this sort of thing. You can't list 10 pieces of gear every time you do the gear up thing, if you intend to do that kind of thing as a staple.

Post links to it here once you're done.
>>
Is there any reason for a mage to not take magic as priority A?
I mean, I understand there's reason IN THEORY that one may want to, and I see the advantage of using aspected magician to splash magic into another type of character, but every time I've made a mage, it has seemed essential to prioritize magic.
>>
Question; do phys ads glow when doing their shit? or is their a negative quality i can take to make my character glow in 4th edition?
>>
>>54982218
If you're playing a Street level game with Sum to 7 or 8 and no A-level.

That's about the only time to take anything other than A priority in magic aside from specific build concepts. Shadowrun is a game that definitely rewards specialization.
>>
Hey all, I've decided to come back to Shadowrun after a long and ultimately unfulfilling stint with WoD.

Previously I've just devised runs without maps, and generally kinda done a half-assed job while running.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to resources through which I could come up with floor plans? Or even just places which suggest level design for security?

It doesn't have to be great stuff, more like suggestions about what types of place are likely to have what.
>>
>>54982778
>more like suggestions about what types of place are likely to have what.
Corporate Security Handbook from 2e could be useful.
>>
>>54982823
Neat, thanks Chummer.
>>
>>54980345
A 30 second google image search reveal both of those to be female.
The punchline is that the first link I clicked on for a male character led me to a crossdresser.
>>
>>54982218
You want to put an A something else (most likely stats Though maybe metatype for a troll).
>>
>>54975832
I actually got some time on my hands, so read this and i'll tell you how to make pipebombs (which may or may not suck)

First of all you need some sort of explosive, since anon sounded like some poor bastad from the barrens i recommend ammonium nitrate, since a kilo costs only 80 nuyen and the stuff has a explosive rating of 4, which is already better than dynamite or blackpowder.

Okay so now you got an kilogramm of explosives, of course that much is overkill for our bomb so we split it up into four packs, each 250 gramm and by the explosive rules from the CRB each pack has now an explosive rating of 2.

So we assume now our runner is not a fulltime bomber in the name of his moon god, so we go with a dicepool of 8 for our generic bomb tinkerer. So he is now preparing the Explisives and buying two successes with his pool, because:
A) you really don't want to glitch while building bombs
B) You get a standart for your bombs and don't slow the game down for se sake of making every bomb unique and avoid getting punched in the dick by your GM

So now each 250 gramm package is basically ready to go and has a ER of 4 again, since we bought 2 successes.
The important thing now is WHERE we fixed our explosives since:
>When explosives are placed on an object to be destroyed: DV x 2, AP: –half Armor rating.

And we want to destroy the drek out of our pipe.

So for the sake of blowing up our pipe the DV for the explosion is now 8, we are getting there.

And now that we are destroying a portable barrier (a pipe) ther is this nifty rule from the CRB

>If an explosion destroys a barrier, it creates a cloud of deadly shrapnel that threatens an area far bigger than the actual blast—the shrapnel blast has a DV equal to the explosive’s DV minus the Structure rating of the barrier, with a Blast of –1/m.
>>
>>54984785
So now you have one ghetto grenade which does 7-8 Damage with -1/m and (probably, since i compare the shrapnels to those of a fragmentation grenade) an AP +5. All that for the Price of 250 gramm fertilizer = 20 Nuyen, an old pipe = 0-5 nuyen ?, an explosive cap = 20 nuyen and three seconds of fuse = too cheap.
This leaves us with an grenade that costs around 42 nuyen and has an availability of 8E

Have fun with this chummer.
>>
>>54982218
It's often cheaper/better to prioritize your metatype a little to fill out your Magic with its Special Attributes.
>>
>>54980162
What you're describing - a Mana effect that boosts some traditions/spells but impairs others - is an Aspected Domain. That's a type of positive background count, so I think what you're talking about is a Mana spike even if you didn't intend it that way.
>>
I want to create character who has the power to tell someone to do something and they do it. I'm aware there is an adept power that does something like that, but it seems pretty weak, short, and one-dimensional. I'd like it to last a decent amount of time and ideally be able to affect groups. Currently i'm looking at an aspected magician: spells with the single target control mind and group control mind and just fluffing the differences away - only using it when speaking to the target, etc.

How do I optimize that so it's very hard to resist? Is there a better way to iterate that mechanically?
>>
>>54985539
You can take a Geas or Centering that forces you to speak commands.

Anyway, you want the highest Spellcasting pool possible, the highest Magic score possible, a Spell Focus for Manipulation spells, a Sustaining Focus for Manipulation spells, and as much Willpower and probably Charisma as you can muster (an Elf with a Charisma tradition gets the best drain resistance pools in the game). The Black Magic tradition probably fits best thematically - it's in Street Grimoire.

The way you make spells hard to resist is by getting lots and lots of his, full stop.
>>
>>54985539
To make the spells harder to resist you need to get more successes and for that you just need a bigger bucket of dice. So you'll want a mentor spirit that gives a bonus to cast manipulation spells, and to specialise your spellcasting skill in manipulation. For good measure acquire a power focus and/or spell focus. Minmax your drain attributes to be able to cast them at as high a force as possible, this also makes the spell harder to resist and raises your limit. For further limit boosting pack reagents.
>>
>>54985614
>>54985631

Are there any spells that relate to this other than the ones in the core books? Any traits or metamagics that I should be looking at?
>>
>>54985642
It's basically all Core - including the Centering Metamagic. It gives you a bonus to resist drain, and can be fluffed as speaking commands.
>>
>>54985539
Read Shadowrun Storytime. Black Magic tradition with The Adversary as your mentor spirit is a good combo for mindrape.

Just be ready for shit to hit the fan if you glitch.
>>
File: shadowrun.jpg (508KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun.jpg
508KB, 1000x1000px
What would you look out for/advise someone coming from the HBS games to tabletop? Probably fifth edition.
>>
>>54985734
Most GMs aren't as good about between-mission downtime segments as the games are, it's a lot harder to effectively dip into being Awakened, some metatypes are more expensive than each other instead of being equal opportunity, skills aren't gated behind attributes, and really the system overall is just completely different.
>>
>>54985734
The HBS games are set almost twenty years prior to the "present" in 5e. So there are some updates in politics and corporate/geopolitics.

Vehicles are an important part of table top gameplay.

Adepts can do other stuff than just punch people.

Being a face is almost a viable role in a team, and in general combat is shouldered more by one or two characters than spread out across the group.

Depending on your GM, you will probably have to watch your step a little more than you do in the games.

I don't like Blitz and Gaichu being on the same tier in this picture. Gaichu is a way better character than Blitz ever was.
>>
>>54985734

Tabletop SR really depends on the GM. The rules are a hot mess and the book's GM advice is downright gygaxian, so if you have an experienced MC who can ignore all that and run a good game you'll have a good time, but a less experienced MC will run into the rocky shoals of shit mechanics and terrible advice and things will potentially not be so good.
>>
>>54985734
Wu, you're my bro, but she's a fucking troll. Unless marksmanship training has really cut into her gym time, you are fucked.
>>
>>54985734
Guess those Maybeline mascara commercials finally worked on Eiger.
>>
If you stop concentrating on Ice Sheet does it just up and disappear?
>>
>>54985901
Trolls are stronger on average than orks, but a buff Ork is stronger than an average-strength troll. Wu has melee build options; Eiger is pure marksman.
>>
>>54986116
That's underselling it a tad.
To be stronger than the 'average' Troll, an Ork needs to be in peak physical condition.
>>
File: 1502163028719.jpg (335KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1502163028719.jpg
335KB, 1280x1920px
>>54985997
Ice Sheet's Instant. The sheet melts at a rate of 1 square meter per minute at room temperature (faster when it’s hotter, slower when it’s colder, or not at all if it’s below freezing).
>>
>>54986116
>>54986168
On top of that, trolls are taller with longer arms; something that will matter as much as pure raw strength in an arm-wrestle.
>>
>>54985997
>>54986257
Also note that if you for some reason need to hit an enemy with both Ice Sheet and an AoE at the same time with full pool, that's the schtick of Ice Storm.

Or whatever the AoE cold spell that's over-forced and is either in Street Grimorie or the overflow book.
>>
>>54986116
Eiger is former KSK, this breed doesn't come with any physical stats below "very well above average".
>>
>>54985901

Mate they don't call him the Gunshow for nothing bro.
>>
>>54985734
One question the games brought up was electrical engineers. There was an optional mission where you work with a corp dwarf EE who reroutes power to fry some guys.

There has to be a fuckton of amps running around in the Shadowrun setting. The rule book covers deckers and riggers, but where does an Electric Engineer fit in? Decking in is all well and good, but throwing a power surge that fries the physical wiring means backup generators aren't going to do shit.

>>54985901
Wu had better lose. Looks like Glory is calling winner.
>>
>>54986904
To me it looks more like she's admiring Racter's terrifying posthuman bulge and he's appreciating her frighteningly low essence ass.
>>
>>54986257
Wait is she sitting inside that thing or is she standing? The angles are confusing me so much.
>>
>>54985734

>Gobbet is the only one eating.

Best girl. This is now my favorite piece of fanart for the games.
>>
>>54985734
Is0bel is giving Dante a look that makes me very uncomfortable.
>>
>>54986955
Racter is pure boy!
>>
>>54987317
You're right, he'd have Koschei fuck her for him.
>>
>>54985734
>Coyote in the background cleaning glasses
>Blitz looking creeped out by Gaichu
>Gobbet chowing down
>Racter with his smug smile
>Glory a cute

Best pic
>>
>>54987296
It's slowly dawning on her that, much like Dante, she's the team mascot.
>>
File: sweeper_by_kernspalt-d7zumsh.jpg (202KB, 726x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sweeper_by_kernspalt-d7zumsh.jpg
202KB, 726x1000px
How do we make dwarves more interesting to play? I feel like they're an extreme minority of characters compared to the other metatypes.
>>
>>54987502
>dwarves are a minority

you mean their numbers are
>dwarfed?

and this isn't just a marketing
>stunt
by Dorf Right Groups?
>>
File: bern_by_crimsonkanji-d3b7zdh.jpg (419KB, 884x760px) Image search: [Google]
bern_by_crimsonkanji-d3b7zdh.jpg
419KB, 884x760px
>>54987535
You keep up these height puns and I'm gonna start getting short with you.
>>
>>54987502
One thing I thought Bioware got right in Dragon Age was resistance to magic for drawfs. Having someone around who just seems to make Hermetic magic fissile would be hilarious for team dynamics with mages.

"Damn it Tom, go over there. No, further. FURTHER, Jesus H Christ. Now stay there until I'm done with this, for fuck's sake."
>>
>>54987296
She just realized that the team member with the least amount of character is better than her.
>>
>>54987631
>Hermetic magic
>Fissile

I dunno anon, making fissile magic sounds awfully Toxic of you.
>>
>>54987631

Yeah, but the way magic works in shadowrun, being antimagic means either having less/no soul/spirit or your soul/spirit being somehow weird and alien or something.
>>
>>54987844
Sounds like Dwarves to me.
>>
>>54987844
Well, there are gnomes who are magic resistant. Though they're also better at being mages than regular dwarves on average iirc.
>>
>>54987659
Don't bully Izz
>>
>>54984785
While the idea is sound, I'd be amazed if you can get AN on the downlow for that cheap.
>>
>>54987631
Imagine that a blood mage is about to complete some God awful ritual and is protected by magical force fields, and the team realizes he's about to usher in some minor apocalypse.

Then Trevor, the dwarf, rugby tackles the viscous little magical shit and pops the whole thing like a harmless soap bubble. Cue the Sam remarking that the tech weenie was finally did something in combat for once.
>>
>>54988190
>blood magic
>god awful ritual

Hey!
>>
>>54988467
He was sacrificing virgins like some kind of retard. Best to sell 'em to bunraku parlors.
>>
>>54988483
>sacrificing virgins

Male or female?
>>
File: IMG_2797.jpg (86KB, 600x290px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2797.jpg
86KB, 600x290px
How do you guys structure your Shadowrun Campaigns?
>>
>>54987502
Dwarves have Ork-tier Body and Strength, a bonus to Willpower, and no mental/social penalty.

They're my go-to default for builds.
>>
>>54988535
1. Leadup downtime
2. Meet Johnson
3. Group planning
4. Their plans fuck up my plans
5. The shattered remains of my plans fuck up their plans
6. ???
7. Profit and/or rerolling characters
>>
>>54987844
Or it just means you have stat boosts that add to your magical resistance pools.
>>
>>54988535
Structure runs or campaigns as a whole.

Run is always:
1. Downtime looking for job.
2. Meet Johnson or guy/gal.
3. From there on out it's the party that decides what to do.
4. Resolution of whatever the party wants to do.
5. Consequences/Results.

For campaign it's more like this.

1. Build a meta-narrative of the area, nothing too grandiose but just the big lines, what corps do, what are their goals. Are there third parties, if so what do they do, what are their plans. Overview of the underworld.
2. Give players 2-3 introductory runs into the world, give them ways into these plot strands if they want, let them create their own.
3. Narrative-important run, here the players get to make choices that can affect the meta-narrative.
4. A couple of downtime more low-key runs. Allow players to build their characters identity during downtime.
5. Rince and repeat 3-4 until satisfied or a narrative end approaches.
6. Final narrative-related run, at this point you're probably 1 year or so into the campaign. This is the big closure, bring in all the cards. Usually ends with characters either retiring or moving on to another place.

Then it's pretty much a rince and repeat of those 6 steps.
>>
>>54988741
Something like all dwarves getting one quality of magical resistance in addition to 2 starting willpower hopefully wouldn't fuck up balance.

>>54988190
Sam: Hey Trevor, you got this one, right?

Trevor: What do you mean, got this? It's a wall of fucking fire.

Team mage: Magical fire though. Don't be such a baby. I'll heal you when you're through.

Trevor: And then what? What if there's a fire elemental on the other side? I can't hack a fire elemental.

Sam: Just tell it all the ways your Sony deck beats a Shiawase. That's like, at least a medium strength sleep spell. So am I going to have to toss you or...?

Trevor: You guys are fucking dildos.
>>
>>54985734
God damn Gobbet is a qt.
>>
>>54989198
Except for the icky name and disgusting rat behavior.
>>
Anyone got any ideas for starting runs for new Shadowrunners? I already have a sort of spin on Food Fight but I wanna try do something other than a Stuffer Shack hit.
>>
>>54990528
>>
>>54990559

Thanks, these are pretty good.
>>
>>54990528
At this point I use Food Fight as a background meme in that its well known that going into a Stuffer Shack at any time has a 50% chance of starting a stupid fight. My characters wear DocWagon bracelets when they go grocery shopping in case of offscreen food fight.
>>
>>54988085
According to runand gun a Kg of AN costs 80 nuyen, it is literally that cheap.
>>
>>54991722
Yeah, that's how much it costs. That's not how much you have to pay for it on the black market considering A: It's on the black market and B: People know you're using it to make explosives, not a victory garden.
>>
>>54991767
same thing with HE grenades, it's pretty much up to the individual game and therefore mentioning it would be either needlesly pedantic or assuming that the reader is brain damaged.
>>
>>54991826
Yep. 80 nuyen a Kg also assumes your fixer or face can get you a direct line to a supplier. Too many assumptions being made.
>>
>>54985539
Go speaker's way as an adept, it can net you an improved version of commanding voice that might fit what you want better
>>
>>54991767
Prices in the books are prices for players / runners though.
So yes, you can assume thats about what you are going to pay for it.

Assuming anything else in a scenario where your fixer could just get you commercial grade explosives relatively easy and cheap (8 isn't that high of a threshold on the availability scale and it only costs 100 Nuyen) is just bending the given to your will.and basically retarded GM fiat.
>>
>>54990117

But that's part of her charm.
>>
>>54992137
No, those prices are guidelines to start from and for character generation. Look up how availability and blackmarketing drives up cost when you're trying to grab shit in game.

>Bitching about low availability items being harder to get ahold of.

You do remember that this is taking place in a street-level game, right?
>>
>>54992166
>You do remember that this is taking place in a street-level game, right?

Actually, i didn't.
In that case, you assumption of modifying availability to a relevant degree is actually a valid one.

It also opens up nice possibilities for streetlevel runs.
Part one: steal fertilizer from a farm without anybody noticing.
>>
File: f19.jpg (22KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
f19.jpg
22KB, 277x296px
>>54992166
The availability stays the same, that's WHY somebody would look for an cheaper alternative for HE grenades.

There are already rules in place to pay more money to get things that are harder to get. No need for needles GM dickery.
>>
>>54992342
There is no GM dickery. The problem is that a street-level person is gonna have shit for contacts to help them get ahold of what they need.

Stop being a crybaby because you have to do legwork in Shadowrun.
>>
>>54992275
>>54992166

You are both idiots for thinking that something as simple as AN should be even more expensive than it already is.

I could go to a garden store and buy that shit for 15$ for 5Kg

AN's Shadowrun price is already horrible inflated.
>>
>>54992342
So..were you trying to insult him, or did you have a freudian slip about your needle dick?
>>
>>54992379
>Stop being a crybaby because you have to do legwork in Shadowrun.

How about you play shadowrun at all before you go around and patronize others ?
>>
>>54992419
Not them, but I wish I could find a game.
>>
>>54992424
Tough life man, i hope you find a game soon, too bad that random Roll20 groups are full of snowflakes.
>>
>>54992409
Shit man, needle dick, that sound like some cyberware we need.
"I move towards the corpsec while i hip-thrust menacingly"
>>
>>54992443
Tell me about it. Next time a GM clears a neotenous dryad hacker who refuses to ever leave their basement i'll just assume the game is bound for failure.
>>
>>54992492
Eh. It can go well.

I've had a couple GMs who delighted in dropping subtle hints that the hacker-from-home had been located and needed to bail.
One player caught on and got the fuck out, but three others ate shit for it.

Another time, I used the hacker-from-home's house as a panic room and "accidentally" led LS to their doorstep. That was fun, since I was sleeping off combat drugs and they had literally no combat or interpersonal abilities.
>>
>>54992559
Never really understood why hackers from home are even a thing. If you can get into corporate networks from far away why even go on a run for datasteals in the first place?
>>
File: image.jpg (291KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291KB, 1000x1000px
What's an astral being that could conceivably strike stark terror in a hive of insect spirits, but be totally benign or even benevolent to regular humans?
>>
>>54992949
F20-F30 Free Guardian Spirit
>>
>>54992949
Santa Claus
>>
>>54992975
>F20-F30
Jesu Christus man.
>>
>>54992949
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insectivore
>>
>>54969601
>Ever having restricted or forbidden gear
>not being the totally-legit runner
>>
>>54970739
Don't you mean make out?
>>
>>54993008
It occurs to me that armadillos are largely insectivores. Juggernauts might the perfect counter to the arthropod scourge.

Though, I would be loathe to describe them as benign.
>>
>>54992997
You asked for terrifying
and you got a being that at the least has MAG 20, 20 in all mental stats, 22 minimum in physical stats, 40 hardened armor, 20 in all skills, can make you pass a fear test against 40 dice, rolls counterspelling with 40 dice, can speed you up by a factor of 20 or slow you to a crawl, and depending on what other powers it gets can be unfindable (hope you have 20 dice in perception), attack you with FUCKHUGE damage (elemental attack or natural weaponry), psychically move stuff with an inhuman grace and strength and be a master in a type of combat
and now remember that at the top end of the scale all those are taken x1.5

They are fucking terrifying whether you are a dragon, insect spirit or human
>>
>>54993221
Well, once the Juggernauts counter the insect spirits all we need to do is find the Juggernauts' natural predator and release a few dozen of those.
>>
>>54993261
a pack of horned bears oughta do it
>>
>>54992949

Well, insect spirits are attracted by loneliness, alienation, people who yearn to belong to something greater than themselves, who feel displaced or crave intimacy, et cetera. They're beings of hunger, specifically emotional hunger.

They'd probably fear something that's the opposite of that, a being who embodies/feeds off the desire for solitude, silence, distance. That'd be some sort of... weird void spirit, though. Maybe even some kind of strange anti-spirit. It probably wouldn't fit the "totally benign or even benevolent to regular humans", though.
>>
>>54993261
>>54993319

>See, we figured, if we had an insect spirit problem, we'd just summon a spider spirit. Right?
>Of course then we had to deal with the spider spirit, so Saps says "birds eat spiders, right?"
>Now, a bird spirit's better than a spider spirit but still kind of a problem, so we summoned a cat spirit to deal with the bird spirit and a dog spirit to handle the cat spirit.
>It turns out a dog spirit can deal with a cat spirit but it involves a bit of a chase, and we ended up so busy keeping up with the mess from that that for some reason we got the idea that a goat spirit could deal with the dog spirit. Don't ask me how.
>And by this point none of us were thinking a bit straight and some notion of barnyard hierarchy had gotten into the shouting so then it was a cow spirit.
>Then a horse, and, well...
>... yeah, dead, of course.

>I'm not one for sentiment, but man. That poor old lady.
>>
>>54993582
>Man Spirit in the form of a little old lady

FUND IT
>>
File: wallhaven-501924.jpg (448KB, 2520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-501924.jpg
448KB, 2520x1080px
>>54980560
>Shadowcasters network
Does it bug anyone else that they use the .network TLD? Why do they make you type a longer URL?
>>54982218
Burnout mages can benefit from starting at Priority D, but there are a lot of opportunity costs involved in that. Generally if you're not being forced to pick something else by your GM or a specific concept, there's no reason not to do it.
>>54980465
No worries, happy to help.
>>54982530
Depends on the powers; I generally lean towards 'no, unless you want it to'
>>54987250
Standing, I think.
>>
Were blood crystals a thing in Earthdawn? Because they strike me as an extremely strange inclusion, made even worse by their seeming complete lack of justification, in Forbidden Arcana.

Somehow they just feel out of tone with the rest of blood magic and even the setting as a whole.
>>
>>54994403
I just wish they didn't suck so bad.
>>
>>54992704
>Never really understood why hackers from home are even a thing. If you can get into corporate networks from far away why even go on a run for datasteals in the first place?
Exactly. There is no reason, especially since your unconscious body is a liability.

Though "from home" is a shitty idea.
The correct way is to get a CIA surveillance van kind of vehicle set up with your battlestation in the back, so you can be close to the location without being on-site, while also remaining mobile and inconspicuous.
>>
>>54994727
From a van is stupid as well. What if you need to access a private network inside a corporate facility that has no wireless functionality? If I was a corporation that's how I would organise at least my security measures so that they absolutely could not be accessed by someone who wasn't on site. Sensitive data? Handle it the same way. Let's see the group of meathead shadowrunners who left their hacker outside in a van get into a network that is literally inaccessible from outside the building and stuffed full of IC.
>>
>>54994727
>>54994879
Hell, if I was feeling really mean about it i'd have "dummy" nodes on an easily accessible wireless network to let the offsite hacker assume that they were replacing the camera feeds with looped footage when all they're doing is interfering with files that send an automatic alert to pay close attention to the cameras that the outside intruder thought they were modifying.
>>
>>54994879
Physically seperated networks are actually specifically what you need to do as a GM to give a reason for a Decker to physically go on a run. But otherwise going in with the team only to be a lifeless body to be dragged around is seriously stupid.

The actual runs when you do have stuff like physical seperation and need to find a good spot to set up, put a data clamp on a cable and get in, likely with a Spider waiting there for you in his web are really nice, though.
>>
>>54995033
I mean if everything can be accessed remotely anyway why have the shadowrunners apart from the decker? Seems like they'd only serve the be annoying, violent window dressing when you'd be better off hiring a couple more deckers.
>>
>>54995351
Basically, there certainly are large parts of an operation that can be accessed by the grid because them having an outgoing/incoming grid connection is part of their work. Networking with other divisions and locations, access to grid resources, etc.... the company needs to function after all.

But there are two things that have no reason to have an outside connection in every semi-major corp:

1. Internal Security
and
2. Internal File Storage

You can have SOME security that sends out an external alert via a connection sure, but all your internal systems and controls don't need access to Google, so there's no reason to have them be vulnerable. Closed Circuit Cameras are just that: Closed.

Internal File Storage is for the big stuff. The big project the entire division is working on, the actual objective. There can be several terminals/workstations connected to it, but they're physically seperate from the rest of the network and the world. When data needs to be retrieved from there to show the bosses overseas, picture the NOC list from Mission Impossible. One guy with a keycard goes to the ONLY terminal in the file storage network capable of producing a physical medium, pulls a copy of the files on said medium, and takes it out to be sent out via the regular network. The internal file storage should be the only place a COMPLETE copy of the Project data is EVER housed.
>>
Any advice for making a robocopish character? (as in, full body cyberware) Ideally they'd have at least one implanted weapon that isn't a monowhip.
>>
File: 10 - 0kfexTT.jpg (833KB, 3440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
10 - 0kfexTT.jpg
833KB, 3440x1440px
>>54994403
Yeah, tons of them. The thing to remember about blood magic in the sixth world is that most people are exclusively using the evil version of it because the Horror that taught it to them wants to corrupt the manasphere as quickly as possible.
>>
>>54980560
Any good podcasts for a new GM ?
>>
>>54985848
The rules suck? I'm starting to GM. Should I improvise the rules? A good shadowrun session is one that uses the lore and roleplay instead of trying to follow the rules ?
>>
>>54995860
Didn't Forbidden Arcana introduced a benign version of Blood Magic?

>>54996151
A good Shadowrun session is one where both the players and GM are having a good time regardless whether they are following or improvising the rules. GM Rule 0.
>>
>>54996151
Very often as a GM I have to Rule 0 things, houserule broken shit on the fly to stop the game from degenerating into "But the book says ..."

I also use RAI instead of RAW in many places. If you read throught the book, you kind of get an understanding of what the lore says but the crunch doesn't enforce. So as a good GM you find a way to mix and match the two.

And as >>54996348 said, fun is the most important factor, let your players have their stupid moment, let them break the realm of logic for that one cool moment per session. Let the rules drop if you think it goes against the flow of the session (which it usually does)
>>
>>54996348
Not so much benign as self-sacrificial.
>>
>>54996468
>>54996348
You run into an issue there however, when you cross over into the realm of Freeform RP, and you have players very much interested in playing specifically Shadowrun as its built and NOT freeform RP. Moving away from the rules to increase fun only works for as long as there is zero tie-in between still playing something resembling the rules of Shadowrun and fun for all your players, and at some point that overlap should occur considering they did choose to play Shadowrun.
>>
>>54996524
Virtually nobody I've played shadowrun with or run it for plays the game for the system I've found. Freefrom RP is legit trash imo, but the rigidity of shadowrun is almost on the other side of the spectrum, with everything having a rule written for it somewhere and half of it being unintelligible and completly horribly balanced.
>>
>>54996524
Yeah that's my worry. I thought it would be fun but if you play by the rules things don't flow. Me and some other friends have a simple system and we play the entire night, the combat is simple but intuitive and stat based, the rest is roleplay. What's the point of buying these books
>>
>>54996616
Shadowrun is hardly rigid at all, specifically because there are so many blatant omissions in the rules that you need to fill in yourself. Like how there's no rules preventing you from running or sprinting while prone, or being behind a solid wall your own size does not convey cover unless you take a simple action to take cover.

This brings me to this however:
>let your players have their stupid moment, let them break the realm of logic for that one cool moment per session

Do not ever, EVER break logic. Break anything else, overwrite every rule in the book with logic, but DO NOT BREAK LOGIC. Because YOU are the world, and when you break logic you break causality and consistency, forever.

If a player performs an action and it has a specific outcome because you let it slide "just this one time", every player should reasonably expect the same action to have the same outcome again, because expecting a different one would be literally the definition of insanity.

If you then change it up, suddenly the internal rules of your world make no sense. The internal consistency has broken, the chains of causality of action and reaction no longer functions as intended and you've also abandoned any pretention of this being a roleplaying GAME and not freeform because all predictability of outcomes is gone.

If someone wants to do something cool, find a way to do it. Shadowrun provides a TON of means to do just that with Edge already. You could spend one to pull off literally any martial arts maneuver and stuff like that to do a ton of shit, but for the love of god DO NOT throw the logic and consistency of your world under the bus "for the lulz", it is not a long-term winning strategy.
>>
>>54996524
>Freeform RP
Stop using this term as some boogeyman.
The issue is the players who have a problem with the GM as the final arbiter as the game because they don't trust a person, even if the rules are clearly fucked, or even better, intentionally vague to pointedly allow the GM latitude to make decisions on their own expected recognizance.
>>
>>54996693
I'm not using that term as a boogeyman, I'm pointing out the fact that you need to make sure that everyone in your group sat down for the same thing. If some are interested in a freeform experience while others want to adhere to Shadowrun it's not gonna work.
>>
>>54996676
>Do not let them break logic

Look at jumping rules, movement rules and then come back to me about "never breaking logic" mate.

And honestly this never happens, I've never had a player come up and expect a one-off moment to happen again, because it's a one-off and there's a tacit understanding that I let it slip only for narrative purposes. And of course yes, Edge is involved, that's the whole point of the thing.
>>
Tell me about the SOX, srg
>>
>>54996755
>Look at jumping rules, movement rules and then come back to me about "never breaking logic" mate.
I specifically said overwrite that shit with logic. Logic should carry your rulings and your game, and you're gonna need to apply a lot of it to CGL's rules.
>>
File: HowToShadowrun.jpg (88KB, 379x596px) Image search: [Google]
HowToShadowrun.jpg
88KB, 379x596px
>>54996093
The first 20 episodes of the Arcology Podcast will walk you through the basics of putting together a shadowrun, and building a campaign from there.

Not exactly a podcast, but the Complex Action YouTube Channel is great for rules explanations, particularly stuff that takes a lot of number crunching.

Listening to actual play episodes can be beneficial, and I find it to be a lot of fun, but you'll have to sort through a lot of noise to get any particular signal. That said, if you want so see what kind of stuff players come up with and what you're in for...

I would also add the Neo-Anarchist Podcast if you're new-ish to Shadowrun. This in-universe cast features Opti, a "reliably biased" source of information about the setting and lore as he takes you on a guided tour of the history and corporate profiles of Shadowrun.

Also, the Fear The Boot podcast is a trove of info about games, game mastering, and playing RPGs in general. It's not a Shadowrun-based podcast, but there's lots of good advice.
>>
>>54996756
it sux
>>
>>54997233
Yeah SOX is truly the place you go to fucking die and for no other reason than that. It's fine that there is a place like that. Even Shadowrunners shouldn't really be the right kind of people to go everywhere, and the SOX deals with a lot of shit that really isn't necessarily in the wheelhouse of a Shadowrunner.

So you can use it as a tool. Don't go there, but you can bring up shit that came from there, or scientists that went there and came back after doing something there, things like that. Mentions of the SOX should carry some amount of dread with them because of just how bad it is.
>>
>>54986904
I'd say an Electrical Engineer as you describe it would be someone with a high Industrial Mechanic skill, probably with a specialization in Electrical Power Systems.

I actually made a character like this once- he was actually a Mage but his undergrad degrees were a double major in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. He was a talismonger and alchemist, and used those to buff his natural magic abilities, but he spent more time sabotaging power systems and HVAC controls to cause problems for guards.
And he could weld. Fucking handy skill.
>>
>>54995675
Mostly just to don't. You can't afford the cyberlimbs and still buy an initiative booster at chargen without going negative Essence. And if you don't have booster initiative, then you're just plain bad at combat.
>>
File: SRSeamtressunion.jpg (476KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SRSeamtressunion.jpg
476KB, 2560x1600px
>>54987355
Isn't Glory a lesbian, anyway? Not that it matters, she had the whole "My augs are an outward symbol of my internal angst" thing going on.
>>
>>54992949
Some sort of spirit of man that takes on a saint's appearance?
>>
>>54997420
They're more an outward symbol of her (previous) bad decisionmaking and easy to influence personality.
>>
File: Dwarf Mechanic.jpg (506KB, 1920x2244px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Mechanic.jpg
506KB, 1920x2244px
>>54988560
My waist-high nigger.
>>
>>54989114
But that fucks with anyone who wants to make a dwarf mage; there's a reason nofunmagicstunties are a rare metavariant and not the core metatype. As it is, dwarf magician is one of the obvious builds for the class, with their bonus to willpower and body making them great at tanking drain.
>>
>>54992397
The difference being that the AN you're buying is black market stuff, scrubbed of ten thousand tracker RFIDs and prepared for sale to lowlifes. Also you need a tonne of it in real life if you're going to McVeigh your way into a reasonably large ANFO.
>>
>>54997587
>with their bonus to willpower and body making them great at tanking drain.
Depends on your tradition's drain roll.
>>
File: Ares Logo Redesign.png (180KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ares Logo Redesign.png
180KB, 1200x900px
>>54994361
>>Shadowcasters network
>Does it bug anyone else that they use the .network TLD? Why do they make you type a longer URL?

Because .net is already taken by a bunch of Korean MMO faggots, but you gotta have that branding.
>>
>>54986955
What does a low essence ass look like?
>>
>>54997708
Like nothing if you're perceiving it astrally.
>>
>>54997708
It looks like a flawless metahuman ass.
Ran through a photocopier and taped to the metal box that is the low essence owner's ass.
>>
File: Decker Pistol.png (1MB, 980x1618px) Image search: [Google]
Decker Pistol.png
1MB, 980x1618px
>>54995411
>2. Internal File Storage

The situation you describe is exactly how it works in Shadowrun. Archives are a thing from Core, specifically saying that files that aren't in use are there and are inaccessible to hackers.
>>
>>54997757
Sometimes we need to remind ourselves what actual Shadowrun is like, lest we stray too far from the light.
>>
File: Girl Future.jpg (533KB, 1920x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Girl Future.jpg
533KB, 1920x1388px
>>54997653
Everyone uses Willpower to resist drain, and every magic user can benefit from some extra Stun and Physical boxes.
>>
>>54997757
Even without using archives, you also have icon encryption. Folders are icons that contain other icons. Encrypting folders hides their contents.

>>54997777
One of the biggest problems Shadowrun faces is people forgetting (or never learning) the details that make something stupid, less stupid.
>>
>>54997995
I guess its balanced out by the fact a lot of people never learn the details that make something stupid more stupid, like how "Permanent" is classified for Complex Forms, making it so you have to maintain an Editor form for several combat turns in order for your file changes to actually remain permanent.
>>
Can someone explain to me how implanted weapons work? I thought you could put a monofillament whip into an arm, but in the core, it seems to specifically list the items that can be implanted. Can you put any melee weapon in an arm, or just the ones listed on page 458.
>>
File: IMG_2800.jpg (90KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2800.jpg
90KB, 736x736px
Anyone ever made a troll Decker? Itching to make one and looking for what to focus on and how to not die in 2 turns.
>>
So.
You guys know how melee combat kind of sucks?
And how AIs kind of suck?
How do I make an AI that is good enough at melee combat to justify its' existence in a shadowrun team?
>>
>>54999162
Street Sam AIs are perfectly viable.
>>
>>54998847
Generally speaking you can only implant specific ranged weapons. Chrome flesh lets you choose whatever gun that's a shotgun or smaller.

For melee you've only got spurs, hand razors and the like; no specific melee weapons.
>>
>>54999162
It was a pilot program from an anthropod fighting circuit that decided it wanted something more challenging.
>>
>>54999162
Pilot Origins and a shit-ton of Depth will get you an arbitrarily high Agility, but a high dicepool has never been the problem of melee. Pursue a high enough armour rating to knock most of the damage you take down from physical (Remember, drones ignore stun!), ask your GM if you can reduce melee to a simple action and/or reduce the penalty for splitting your dicepool among targets.
>>54998899
What build method? Sum-to-10 and Karma are substantially easier than priority.
>>
>>54999162
Houserule i use to make melee a little less shit

Called shots are free actions for melee attacks

This helps people who want to increase their damage, intimidate their enemie or want to keep them alive.
>>
>>54999632
>>54999162

What is melees problem ?
I got an elf chainsaw samurai as one of my players and he seems to do fine
we are okay-ish optimized.
>>
File: tumblr_obhvb91M4j1qdasb8o1_1280.jpg (193KB, 798x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obhvb91M4j1qdasb8o1_1280.jpg
193KB, 798x1200px
>>55000359
Limited engagement range and capabilities.
Can't hit a rotodrone, can't hit a guy on a roof, can't hit a guy in a moving vehicle, can't control opponent's movement through suppressive fire.
Have to leave cover to attack enemies, have to commit movement that might be needed later in the turn to evade or escape something, have to burn a complex action every turn to attack one or two guys.
Most weapons worth using are illegal and difficult to conceal with a cover or disguise, there are a limited amount of modifications that are worth using with them.
>>
>>54999632
>ask your GM if you can reduce melee to a simple action and/or reduce the penalty for splitting your dicepool among targets.
how that helps if you only can attack once?
genuine question
>>
>>55001013
You can do things that aren't free actions in the same turn.
>>
>>54998847
Look at the Fingertip Compartment for rules on implanting a monowhip.
>>
hoi chummers

I'm looking for shadowrun-esque images of planes, preferably C-130-ish looking planes

My players have found an old aircraft hangar and are trying to salvage such a plane and I'd really like to have a reference image for them to look at, y'know
>>
>>55001013
You can for example;
Sprint to have a longer range of engagement
Ready your weapon and attack in the same turn
Stand up and attack if you were previously knocked down

Just to mention the most useful things.
>>
>>55001355
I'd say that you can do that second one already, but that involves paying karma to learn Iaijutsu. Either through a full style or via the quality.

And both have issues. One costs more, the other runs into your quality limit.
>>
>>55001353
4e books Unfriendly Skies has some cargo birds, or did you mean something older?
>>
>>54997420
>Isn't Glory a lesbian, anyway?
No. Canonically she's had at least one male and one female lover.
>>
>>55003811
I'd say she's a two social check bisexual, but back then I think it was just a social check.
>>
>>54987502
Dwarfs are literally humans but better, despite being shorterl
>>
>>55003876
Yeah, well, these days anything less than three social checks is considered rape.
>>
>>54993261
I first read this as Juggalo's. I'm terrified either way.
>>
>>54999632
How does a drone stack that much armor?
>>
>>55000337
>Called shots are free actions for melee attacks
Called shots are free actions for anyone.
>>
File: ru.jpg (136KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
ru.jpg
136KB, 800x1067px
Okay, serious question. What is the appeal of Shadowrun? Why do you like it?

As one that has lived all his life with computers, and is a computer scientist with no small success, I find cyberpunk absolutely boring. A world where the Internet exists and also there are corporations on the Net that controls everyone? Yes, sure, it's called today. Right now.

The trappings of cyberpunk are ridiculous, the aesthetic of cyberpunk is meh, and the idea to add elves, orcs, and magics to cyberpunk? What did you drink? It ain't genius. It's just stupid.

Serious question, I honestly want to know.
>>
>>55006356
The themes of cyberpunk, where people are commercial objects to be traded and sold and struggling to find an identity or form of individual expression in an uncaring world that only strives for profit are interesting.
I like the aesthetic, it's bright and obnoxious and cramped with advertising while also feeling very "lived in" and cozy instead of bright shiny apple future with everything being clean.
Magic and elves don't really detract much because they are co-opted by "the man" and become just another tool to pursue profit margins.
The cyber part is probably the least important part of the cyberpunk genre, at least to me, but I like the cyber aesthetic far more than others, so I like cyberpunk.
>>
>>54987631
daily reminder gnomes are the best race
+1 INT +1 WIL +1 AGI and +2 magic resist
all for the price of being to ride on top of your trollsam's shoulders and look perfectly normal
>>
File: caseandmolly.jpg (112KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
caseandmolly.jpg
112KB, 800x567px
>>55006356
>Yes, sure, it's called today. Right now.

While this is true, part of why I find cyberpunk interesting is because it's a genre that takes today's world and expands upon it.

Cyberpunk fiction allows you to explore a world where the main characters don't just shrug their shoulders and go along with everyone else. They cut themselves a slice of the pie by force through whatever means necessary.

We live in a world that looks more Neuromancer by the day, but none of us are Case or Molly. Playing in a setting like Shadowrun allows you to be a Case or a Molly. Doing things you can never do in real life in a near-future, corporate-dominated society.

The inclusion of magic and fantasy races effectively makes Shadowrun urban fantasy as well as cyberpunk. I can't stand high fantasy, but I do love the thought of magic and fantasy races such as Elves and Orks. It adds a whole new layer of roleplaying, because not only can you be a gun-toting street samurai but you are an Ork on top of that.

I hope that answers your questions.
>>
>>55006832
>>55006422
>>55006356
The inclusion of magic as something mystical and wonderful only for it to be trampled, caged, and used by the corporate machine to make more profit also fits extremely well in a cyberpunk setting.
>>
>>55006865
The flip side of magic being that of a horrible threat descending upon the world that's being ignored because it's not profitable to prevent independently is also wonderful.
>>
>>55006356
I mean you've basically called everything that people would answer as appealing stupid. A serious question could've ended it after the first 3 sentences.
>>
>>55006675
You forgot the price of -2 Physical Condition Monitor Boxes and also +20% lifestyle cost. And also looking like an ugly kid.
>>
>>54975925
>fast
>troll
Something like Celerity, Satyr Legs, or the Digitigrade Legs cybeware+Skates/Skimmers is going to be vital to you.

That, or the ability to summon and bind a spirit with the Movement power.

Trolls are the slowest metatype in 5e, and in order to actually be able to reliably close to melee, you're going to have to augment your movement speed directly, one way or another.
>>
>>54985846
>I don't like Blitz and Gaichu being on the same tier in this picture. Gaichu is a way better character than Blitz ever was.
I think it's because both Blitz and Gaichu were 100% optional recruits.
>>
>>55007227
So is Racter, essentially, though he's a lot harder to miss.
>>
>>54998899
The great thing about a Troll Decker is that they have enough Body to tank hotsim all day every day, and when they're not decking they're still a fragging Troll, and can put that body to work.
>>
>>55007040
>You forgot the price of -2 Physical Condition Monitor Boxes and also +20% lifestyle cost. And also looking like an ugly kid.
You can buy off Negative Qualities, including Neoteny.
>>
>>55007249
Ehh, not really
both Blitz and Gaichu are characters that:
A) You meet in a run
B) Are recruitable in the run and
C) Can ONLY be added to the team during this run

So if you run their mission and ignore them you will go through the rest of the game without them
Meanwhile Racter is not necessarily on your team but can AFAIK always be recruited
So if you went through half the game without going down, meet racter and recruit him you can then take him with you (theoretically)
>>
>>55000359
>What is melees problem ?
>I got an elf chainsaw samurai as one of my players and he seems to do fine
>we are okay-ish optimized.
In order?

Engagement range. You can't hit anyone with a melee attack until they're in your reach. This can be mitigated, but it's expensive to do so. They're 50 meters down a hallway, or 10 meters straight up in the air? Better hope you have Skimmers or Hydraulic Jacks, or you're going to be spending the next entire Combat Turn - at the very least - doing nothing but making Run rolls.

Then damage. Melee attacks are based on your Strength for DV. For humans and elves, that means you're going to be struggling to do more than Heavy Pistol levels of damage without Strength augmentation. And then, even with augmented Strength, there's still the fact that you had to spend valuable resources - attribute points, money, etc - just to have your primarily weapon do slightly more damage than the gunbunny's concealed carry. This can be overcome by using a non-Strength-based weapon like a chainsaw, a monowhip, or a stun weapon, but they come with their own problems and disadvantages like noise, glitch danger and illegality, and limited electrical charges, respectively.

A lack of bonuses. A gun character can use a Long Burst or Full Auto to riggity wreck someone's Defense, extremely cheap and easy access to Smartlinks, and tons of special ammo types and weapon mods that really push their guns over the edge. Melee users have, what, personalized grips and expensive martial arts techniques? Adepts can get some interesting things going with Attunement, Imbuing, and weapon foci, but that's crazy Karma-expensive.

And then action economy. Someone with a Semi-Auto gun can shoot a fool and still have a second Simple Action to do other things while they fight - take cover, draw or stash items, or advance run goals. Melee's always a Complex, so you basically just have melee attacks and free actions.
>>
>>55003757
older

way older
Think a real C-130J, built right around now-ish
>>
>>55007343
"If a character wishes to get rid of a Negative quality, has met any stipulated requirements, and the gamemaster has given the player permission, the player may do so."
Gonna have to take that up with the GM, if you can find a reasonable argument for your gnome losing the trait that is pretty much a central point to their metavariant. Good luck with that.
>>
>>55006356
It's cyberpunk enhanced by fantasy elements and some good lore.
>>
>>55007731
"I got hormone therapy as a teenager to stop looking like a child" is pretty fucking normal for anyone who has delayed puberty, gnome or not. If a GM really wants, getting some basic Cosmetic Surgery to reflect that alongside buying it off wouldn't be out of place.
>>
>>55006356
>Serious question, I honestly want to know.
I don't think you actually do. You sound like someone who already has a clear opinion and is more interested in stirring shit than hearing from other people.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.
>>
Is there a Quality to represent being the target of an unusually high amount of day-to-day prejudice? Like if, say, my character wasn't just a troll, but also a member of a locally-hated ethnicity, tribe, or religion?
>>
>>55007811
Bad Rep and Distinctive Style?

>>55007777
I hardly doubt hormone therapy would solve the problem of being a gnome, but that aside do you plan on playing a character that just loathes their own race? Cause that's more like if black people got cosmetic surgery or treatments to look white, or along those lines.
>>
>>55008329
>but that aside do you plan on playing a character that just loathes their own race? Cause that's more like if black people got cosmetic surgery or treatments to look white, or along those lines.
No, it's definitely not. Getting a hormone injection as a teenager to not look like a child anymore is hugely different than getting a complete ethnicity reassignment. The closer parallel there would be the Metatype Reduction for orks, where they're made to look fully human.

This is more like how the majority of IRL Korean women get plastic surgery to change their eyelids, noses, and jawlines after they graduate high school, if you're going to try to compare gnomes to a real-life ethnicity, which they aren't, because there are too few gnomes in the entire world to have a cultural identity.
>>
File: IMG_2651[1].jpg (251KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2651[1].jpg
251KB, 1000x667px
>>55007605
Here's an image of a decommissioned C-130 at an aircraft boneyard.
>>
File: IMG_2665[1].jpg (198KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2665[1].jpg
198KB, 1000x667px
A stripped down mid-air refueling plane, but could easily work as a cargo plane.
>>
File: img38170[1].jpg (96KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
img38170[1].jpg
96KB, 1000x667px
Old B-52 (I think)
>>
File: img38070[1].jpg (125KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
img38070[1].jpg
125KB, 1000x667px
>>
File: img38060[1].jpg (120KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
img38060[1].jpg
120KB, 1000x667px
end dump
hopefully one of these works for you anon
>>
can you do interupt action to move out of area spell way?
>>
>>54999162
trenchcoat combiner (gecko snakes?)
Put a few holes in a barrier and you can get through. You were a found object melee assassin.
>>
>>55007501
I would add to this.

Action Economy needs to rate much higher on the scale in my opinion, but additionally:

Not just lack of bonuses, but more common penalties: Sure, you're getting a charge attack once (and even that can backfire) but the running penalty applies to everything, and until the CT is over, so it's not exactly great to have it stick around. Being prone also is only an issue in melee but then sucks balls, not to mention that people that want to shoot you from within 5m get the same bonus against you. Oh yeah, also the fact that guns have zero range penalty on you if your opponent wants to use it after stepping just 2 meters away, unless you seriously wanna go for an intercept.

And additionally: lack of modes of attack, or properly balanced attack varieties. Let's start with Called Shot Location modifiers: Those are quite plainly balanced around someone shooting a gun. Hitting a guys forearm in melee isn't hard, he's probably blocking 90% of your shots with it, but nope, according to the Called Shot table all the nice big juicy body parts in front of you are way harder to hit than "Vitals" are. Also it's been mentioned already, but the existence of Defense destroying -5/-6 bursts at Simple or -9 at Complex as opposed to, at best, a Reach penalty you get in Melee puts the final nail in the coffin.

What it boils down to is that they simply did not do enough to treat melee combat as something functionally different from ranged in many ways. Wouldn't it be nice if when you punch a guy in the face with Shock Gloves your punch still did something since it's not just a sticky little ball attached to them this time?
>>
>>55001355
>>55003332
Someone told me you can ready a melee weapon as part of a charge attack once, but I don't know if it's true. I haven't found a source for it.

The fact there's no Quick Draw rules for melee outside Iaijutsu is stupid anyway. No one has to take a martial art to Quick Draw a gun, so having to do it for melee is just stupid and Iaijutsu should have just done something additional. Though at least you don't have to "ready" your unarmed attack.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>55009546
Add to that there are actual sports that
distinguish between three pretty common "hit locations" while in melee.
Head, Limbs (arms in particular) and Head.
One idea would be to make those special melee hit locations.
Hit torso for your general to-go attack
slightly harder: Hit arms and make an opposed strength test to see if the enemy is disarmed, add bonuses for two handed weapons and modifications.
much harder: Hit head for so much extra damage.
Also make aiming for those locations "non actions" for melee

Punch your enemy and get a free chance to start a grapple at success.
Kit your enemy for more damage (2-4 boxes) and +1 range and do not make kicking somebody some magical shaolin kung fu bullshit.

Or go full anime.
create some neural co-processor that predicts flight paths and tries to block them with your damn sword. (maybe a dodge bonus at 1/4 of relevant weapon skill)
Adepts using mundane objects as actual melee weapons going full wuxian and slicing people with any random stick.
The sixth world has so much more potential when it comes to shanking somebody with a sharp piece of metal.
>>
>>55009784
>Punch your enemy and get a free chance to start a grapple at success.
They have that, but it's for the victim of a touch-only attack. They can immediately counter with a grapple/clinch and get a bonus to it.

>Adepts using mundane objects as actual melee weapons going full wuxian and slicing people with any random stick.
They have a power for that.... for throwing weapons.

I think my biggest issue is that Intercept is ass backwards. If someone wants to leave a melee THEY should have to sacrifice Init and pass a test to not get fucked. They can get martial arts to make this easier, and instead of Intercept there's arts like Shadow Block for the attacker to try and chase them if they make an escape.

Also things like whats in your hand should matter a whole lot more. You should have a penalty if one or both of your hands are occupied by something you're not using as a melee weapon (like a gun) or at best are doing some sort of unskilled improvisation with (like a gun with melee hardening, unless you've got Gun Kata)
>>
>>55009917
>You should have a penalty if one or both of your hands are occupied by something
To specify: A penalty to melee defense rolls.
>>
>>55009230
You "ran away" after you saw a baby on a mission. It registered as a bludgeon, but it could grow into a better bludgeon and melee assistant. You went hunting melee assistant found objects because they were better than ordinary found objects. A 'runner (or SWAT) team is the best fit. But the SWAT team is already part of your programming and also marked as belonging to SWAT and tied into a SWAT radio network at the moment of observation and thus not a found object.
>>
>>55009917
>They have a power for that.... for throwing weapons.
That would be another question.
WHY ?
It makes no sense on the whole fluff how adepts workt that their magic is internal and only affects their body and close sourroundings.
But on the other hand going
>Hurting somebody by something that isn't remotely intendet as a weapon? Don't be silly, this isn't a Jackie Chan movie.
>>
>>55010126
...what?
>>
>>55010059
Are people talking in code now or something? What the fuck is this post?
>>
>>55010176
Right? I can't make heads nor fucking tails of either of these:

>>55010059
>>55010126

Is today a drinking-related holiday that I didn't know about? Because I'm ready to start drinking if it is.
>>
>>55010216
Sorry it's just late and I forgot to check my spelling.

What I wanted to say was; it makes no sense, that an Adept could affect something remotely with his powers. The whole shtick of Adepts is, that their powers effect their body and their very close surroundings. For the same reason you won't get a throwing weapon focus.

I'll go to bed now and please don't drink if it's not to have fun with others omae.
>>
>>55010368
good idea

somebody else make a new thread
>>
File: wot.png (46KB, 284x137px) Image search: [Google]
wot.png
46KB, 284x137px
Is this the most contradictory rules text ever?

Literally contradicts what it just stated and uses an example that could not be more counterproductive to the whole "smart people apply smarter settings even if not currently attending" idea.
>>
>>55010368
An adept isn't affecting someone remotely with his thrown weapon powers, an adept is boosting his skill at throwing things, the same as his powers to boost his Agility and Pistol skills to shoot better.
>>
>>55010368
They don't change the projectiles themselves; they just throw them with unnatural strength and accuracy. It's not the paperclip that changes, it't that it's launched at 200mph at someone's eye.
>>
>>55010757
>>55010759
I wish....
The power pretty much seems to change the make-up of the item, to the point it can be stun or physical, even.

>In the hands of an adept with Missile Mastery, everyday items such as bottles, credsticks, tools, empty clips, flashlights, cooking utensils, and so on can be turned into deadly weapons. Such improvised weapons have a Damage Value of (STR)P with an Accuracy of 3. The adept can also declare whether these weapons do Physical or Stun damage. Additionally, adepts with this ability have a greater affinity for throwing weapons. For ranged attacks with non-explosive throwing weapons, the adept gains +1 die and adds +1 to the weapon’s Damage Value.
>>
>>55011073
You're reading way too far into it. It's just because they're so good at throwing.
>>
I'm building a techno for the first time and could use advice on which forms to take. I've got puppeteer, cleaner, res veil and static bomb, I'm torn between taking Derezz and Res Spike as my 5th form, any suggetions?
>>
>>55011327
If you actually wanna hack, just use a Deck. If you're gonna do TMing, get into sprites. Puppeter is good, but for other forms you need to make sure you understand what P or "Permanent" actually means for Durations and how shit it is. Your Echoes will also be far more important than your forms, since they'll give you programs like Baby Monitor.
>>
>>55011402
Don't think I'm gonna break into hosts, but I want to provide matrix support on runs.
>>
>>55011552
You can't master a PAN, so the best matrix support for your team is delegating to sprites.
>>
>>55000800
Hey, yekka, Adapsin isn't applying its discount for me during chargen. Is that a bug, or some kind of errata that I missed?
>>
>>55006308
4 base armour on a duelist, Big Game Hunter, 3 PPP kits, ballistic shield gets you to 30 Armour. More if your GM lets you have a ballistic mask as well. More still if you put armour into your various limbs.
>>55011856
Are you using the (adapsin) grades?
>>
>>55012189
>Are you using the (adapsin) grades?
I don't even understand the question. Do I have to iterate how big of a bonus it's giving me in the new version?
>>
>>55012211
>>
>>55012271
Oh. Yeah, I never would have found that on my own. Shit, thanks.
>>
File: f9df6d40a156c1bf8fdee7795e3e5c3f.jpg (740KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f9df6d40a156c1bf8fdee7795e3e5c3f.jpg
740KB, 1920x1200px
>>55012293
'salright. At some point I'm going to be able recruit that party member that enjoys making help
documentation and people won't have to just flounder through the UI until they find what they need. Some beautiful day I'll have my UXdev-san~
>>
>>55012359

Hey Yekka, question

It seems "Source" linking doesn't work when you try to click on them in the advanced programs list with AI

though maybe this was fixed in a later version. I'm on 5.193
>>
File: Source.png (8KB, 548x169px) Image search: [Google]
Source.png
8KB, 548x169px
>>55013058

I guess that wasn't a question, but a bug report.

Shit.
>>
>>55013058
Probably wasn't done properly, I'll look into it.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.