[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Times when your PCs went on stupidly long tangents and side quests

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (6KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 268x188px
Times when your PCs went on stupidly long tangents and side quests to get some menial item(s) or to do something 'just cause'

Today 2 people from our game traveled for 4 days across the plane to trick a merchant that 2 vagrants were actually the ones who stole all the gold they recently spent to buy 12 kegs of blackpowder.

The blackpowder has no significants to the current campaign they were just able to stop the summoning of an extremely powerful black dragon at one point by rolling a cart full of powder down a cave into the location the summoning was happening; and now they are convinced its the most fool proof plan and have invested ALL of their gold into it.
>>
>>54967696
>24212
Code received
>>
>>54967696
At least you have players who take the initiative. Count your lucky stars OP
>>
>>54967709
what?
>>
>>54967709
what
>>
>>54967709
Signal activated
>>
>>54967696
this type of shit is why i just dont play pen and paper games anymore
>>
>>54967709
Alright, I'll go start the riot.
>>
>>54967696
>Playing DnD
>Druid discovers Speak to Animals
>Thinks it's cool.
>Casts it the first chance he gets on some random rabbits in a grove.
>Rabbits don't know anything important to their missions, but ask if they have any carrots.
>They do not.
>Party has become somehow convinced that they know ancient secrets or some shit, so they go all the way back to town and then back to the grove to buy some carrots and bring them to the rabbits.
>Rabbits munch.
>Then ask if they have more food and try to climb into their backpacks to look.
>>
>>54967696
A player spent over 70g (quite a bit of gold) just to have a guy slip into a comma. For two months.
No reason, he is that hilariously petty.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.