[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best super hero/cape shit system? One without special dice for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: lobo.png (219KB, 250x384px) Image search: [Google]
lobo.png
219KB, 250x384px
best super hero/cape shit system? One without special dice for the game cause I play on roll20 please. Looking for one where I can play characters like green goblin or one that would fit well in a fantasy world. no gurps or anything like that I want a system that's already made and ready to be played with a gm, some friends and dice.
>>
>>54945849
Mutants and Masterminds
>>
Savage Worlds
>>
How's Masks? I've heard nothing but good things.

Also, what's the least crunch intensive system for powers and stuff?
>>
File: mhr_randomdatafiles.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
mhr_randomdatafiles.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>54945849
Marvel Heroic Roleplaying. There's no non-random character creation system, but there's a random chart (attached) and the random paths aren't strictly better than any other random path, just different, and they explicitely say you can feel free to just pick your path down the random character generator if you want.

Like I pointed out, character creation is a bit wonky, but as far as actually PLAYING and creating the FEEL of capeshit, MHR is the best.
>>
anotha bump
>>
>>54945849
GURPS if you're going low power/weak-ish X-men one-trick ponies.
>>
>>54950111
...and Hero System for the opposite of that
>>
>>54945849
>>54946872
I've ran MHR on Roll20, and discovered something that makes it go over much better for the format: if you click and drag dice out of the chat log, it'll convert them into rollable tokens.
That makes assembling action dice pools, managing the doom pool, and shuffling around non-damage effect dice all very easy and suitably visible.

>>54946829
>Also, what's the least crunch intensive system for powers and stuff?
Most straightforward superheroes game I've played was Fate Accelerated.
Masks could actually be a bit lighter, it's a "powered by the apocalypse" game (I've also heard good things, but I haven't played it or read up on the specifics much).
>>
Valiant RPG.

/thread
>>
File: marvel rpg.jpg (309KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
marvel rpg.jpg
309KB, 1280x960px
>>54945849
everyting you asked for (except dice)
http://classicmarvelforever.com/cms/
>>
>>54945849
Wild Talents is another good one OP. It's lower power tier and has some pretty crazy power options if you're looking for more the not shit parts of Worm / JJBA rather then X Men.

Masks isn't terrible if you can stand PbtA games but it's more on the social aspect of being a superhero then the punching aliens into the moon side. If you watched the Teen Titans episode where Cyborg learns his human aspect is just as important as his augments and thought "Wow, I want to do this in an RPG" then you play Masks.

M&M is a classic and works find if the players aren't powergaming fucks and try to break the system.
>>
>>54954922
>PbtA
Can you expand on that? I've never heard of the system, and only see it mentioned in regards to Masks.
>>
>>54955286
Powered by the Apocalypse - you've probably heard of Apocalypse World and Dungeon World. Basically a 2d6 system, 10+ success, 7-9 partial success, 6 or less a failure. GMs and player classes have "Moves" defined by their archetypes and what they want to accomplish and the flavor of the game.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.