[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good place to start for buying dice as a somebody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 51GuF0NpZZL.jpg (58KB, 500x439px)
51GuF0NpZZL.jpg
58KB, 500x439px
What's a good place to start for buying dice as a somebody new to tabletop gaming? I was looking at this, but some of the reviews say the distribution can be really out of whack and I heard these "bag of dice" deals are usually just filled with shitty dice.
>>
>>54944351
Chessex
>>
>>54944441
The single sets or what? I'm watching a review of the Pound O' Dice set and the guy keeps saying there's "seconds" or something, apparently they put dice in there that would normally be thrown out.
>>
>>54944351
I like my chessex pounds of dice. I got some good shit, but if you're new and don't need 17 sets of dice plus extras just go to your FLGS that sells looseys or buy chessex sets.
>>
>>54944542
Yeah I might just make a run and see what I can find.
>>
>>54944351
If you're buying for yourself (as opposed to the whole table), buying multiple sets or a pound of dice will mean you end up with a lot of dice you don't use/need.
If you're okay with rolling individually, one seven-piece set will do it. If you'd rather dump a bunch all at once, get a seven-piece set plus some loose dice: 1-2 d20, 2-3 d12, 2-3 d10, 2-3 d8, 4-5 d6, 2-3 d4.
The extra d20s are purely optional - you rarely roll multiples, but one might have a bad streak of rolls and need to be set aside.
You'll probably never use the percentage d10 included in all seven-piece sets.
The other extras will find more regular use, and you'll end up wanting more d6s than others.
If you can find them, Chessex's "jade scarab" are the best looking dice I've seen, followed closely by the "royal blue scarab."
>>
File: pay for my dices!.webm (2MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
pay for my dices!.webm
2MB, 1000x562px
>>54944351
Obligatory Post
>>
>>54945592
>Little Nightmares DLC
>>
I like the pound of dice. But I just like owning lots and lots of dice.

Getting one pound of dice will give you more dice than you'll probably ever need. I'm on my third and pondering buying enough to fill a beer boot, as I think it would be a neat display piece.
>>
>>54945424
>you rarely roll multiples

all day erry day in 5E tho
>>
File: file.jpg (94KB, 800x645px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
94KB, 800x645px
>>54945740
I bought 5. Still have one unopened. The best find was a promotional piece, a D6 with a piece of seed corn embedded. I traded it for two D30s.
>>
easyrollerdice.com
amazon.com
>>
http://traysermetalworks.com/
https://youtu.be/SEwAOj9DWGk
>>
>>54944351
>usually just filled with shitty dice
Depends on how you're defining "Shitty dice". The dice aren't any better or worse than normal dice, but there isn't really any sort of scheme to the dice.
In my case, I got a lot of speckled dice, a few bright basic yellows, whites, and blacks... Mostly D6 and D20, but D4,8,and 10 were there too. It only had five D12s if you use them, though.
>>
>>54944465
An Employee of Chessex on reddit said that most of the pound-o-dice are basically just shit that falls off onto the floor. They just sweep everything up.

Actual rejects 2nd most common in the bag are mostly stuff that spent a bit too long in the tumbler and come worn like they're well aged. The 3rd most common thing is a fuckup at the injection stages with actual physical defects, but there's only a few per bag.

I got a screencap somewhere.

It's a very good buy even if you pick through and toss out what you don't like.
>>
>>54944441
Wiz or Wolf Pax are better for bulk, I've gotten way too much shit from Chessex
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.