[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Let's talk terrain. Where do you buy it, how do you make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: img_1537[1].jpg (83KB, 624x375px) Image search: [Google]
img_1537[1].jpg
83KB, 624x375px
Let's talk terrain. Where do you buy it, how do you make it
post pictures of inspiration/your table/stuff you've made/plans for terrain
>>
File: IMG_0873.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0873.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Pre-mat
>>
>>
i want a board like this but i'm too fuckin lazy
>>
>>54942791
that's fuckin sweet what is it
>>
File: IMG_0778.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0778.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
More old pics
>>
>>
>>54942791
found it on google not sure
>>
My dad's into model trains, and some of the high-end train landscapes are insane. I imagine there's some overlap in materials and process, although most of his terrain is Styrofoam.
>>
>>54946532
huge amounts of overlap. one of the common train scales is 1:100 or 15mm
>>
>>54946532
Biggest difference is that wargame terrain needs to be more durable on the whole, as it gets more wear and tear.
>>
File: building 2.jpg (246KB, 572x444px) Image search: [Google]
building 2.jpg
246KB, 572x444px
Ive bought and made a fair bit of laser cut stuff for 6mm, its good fun if you have access to a cutter.
But Ive recently taken up 40k again so I need some larger scale terrain, most of which I'll probably buy.
>>
>>54946760
would you recommend laser cut for 15mm? they have some tiny stuff at my lgs that looks really detailed
>>
>>54946855
I was unsure at first, but I really love the stuff now, even the detail in small, cheap kits like the one I posted is getting pretty nice these days.
Unless you're rich as shit you're kind of limited with the size of building you can have with resin because of the weight and cost, but with mdf the sky's the limit.
Its obviously not as good for more "natural" looking buildings like cottages and stuff, but for modern city buildings its great and they can be absolutely enormous if need be.
>>
>>54946974
i'm sold, sounds great and at that size detail isn't as important. Any good brands i should check out?
>>
File: building.jpg (203KB, 774x584px) Image search: [Google]
building.jpg
203KB, 774x584px
>>54947008

>http://gcmini.mybigcommerce.com/mdf-buildings/
These guys are probably the most popular but I haven't personally bought anything from them
>http://www.empiresatwar.co.uk/default.html
The 6mm kit I posted before was from these guys, but they do some 15mm too.

There's also this guy who I have bought from https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/banksjohnedward/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Admittedly his stuff isnt the most detailed or exciting, but a bit of textured spraypaint and some little gubbins and you can make them look alright and completely fill a table for cheap, and they have removable floors.
pic related, not centrepiece material, but you can get 10 of the big one for £20

med FoW base and T-72 for scale
>>
>>54942985
I don't like how vertical your table is
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.